Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heroes Convention in Charlotte, NC He-man.Org get together

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Well since no one seems to care. I say anyone that wants to meet for dinner can and then we will head back to the Westin Lobby for talking and hanging out. We can always move outside from there, but it seems like a good starting point.

The options for dinner are Five Guys (Cheap and Close), Mert's Soul Food (Moderate but not close), Enso Asian Bistro (Expensive and close), Fuel (Cheap and Closer), or someplace that hasn't been named.

I'm voting 5 Guys.

If I don't hear from anyone by 5/24/13, I'll make that the meeting place.
    Is the get-together still Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Is the get-together still Friday night?
    Friday night works great for me!
    I'm also down for Five Guys.

Mert's is home cooking as far as I'm concerned, and it's good but not something I crave. Enso is good, but expensive and I don't like to do out-of-town sushi unless I'm at the ocean on a trip. Fuel might be the home to the drink and draw, so that could get really crowded.

I'll do whatever you all want, though. But please mark my vote down for Five Guys.

I know I'm about a week late to call the end of the vote... Sorry! My wife has been out of town and my parents moved in for the last month so I been busy.

So the get together is Friday night at five guys at 6:30pm. At least that's when I'll be there. Show up anytime after that and we will talk and hang out.

I'll be wearing my white He-man.org shirt just to make sure you all can find me. I'll be there with my wife and nearly 11 month old son. And probably Bulun and his wife.

After we are done eating and/or when Five Guys throws us out, we'll mosey on over to the Westin Lobby to hang out and have some drinks and talk.

And for those who were there last year, don't forget to order a "Prince Adam". And I may be the only one that remembers that nickname for the apparent "Official He-man.org Adult Beverage".

1st Post Edited.

6:30 is out for me. Same for Tyree. The con ends at 7:00pm. Matt and I won't get out of there until 7:30 so we'll probably eat at 8:00pm.

But you all have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    6:30 is out for me. Same for Tyree. The con ends at 7:00pm. Matt and I won't get out of there until 7:30 so we'll probably eat at 8:00pm.

But you all have fun.
    Just come meet us at the Westin! Just like last year.

Im late to the discussion but Im coming in Thursday afternoon for weekend. I should be good for dinner, definitely for the Westin afterwards.
    Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.

Quote Originally Posted by jbprince View Post
    Im late to the discussion but Im coming in Thursday afternoon for weekend. I should be good for dinner, definitely for the Westin afterwards.
    The more the merrier!

I'm pumped for this! Just a little over 24 hours!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I had a great time and it good seeing everyone again. I can't wait for next year!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Yup, definitely a fun time was had by all. Did anyone see the few folks in He-Man costumes at the con? There was an awesome Shadow Weaver, a Skeletor, and a female Prince Adam with an Orko hand puppet. I talked to all of them for a few minutes and none of them had ever heard of He-Man.org!! That's crazy!!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I got a picture of the Skeletor and in the right hand side of the picture, I saw Shadow Weaver!

I'm bummed that I didn't see her before that.

Great seeing everyone. Had fun catching up with you all. And I missed Shadow Weaver.

Next year I'm calling the Org get together for Friday night at 7pm at the Buffalo Wild Wings attached to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Super close to the convention center and we can meet after the days Con events and stay there and hang out and talk until Val and whoever gets done with their "duties". And it will be a come when you can, leave when you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    Great seeing everyone. Had fun catching up with you all. And I missed Shadow Weaver.

Next year I'm calling the Org get together for Friday night at 7pm at the Buffalo Wild Wings attached to the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Super close to the convention center and we can meet after the days Con events and stay there and hang out and talk until Val and whoever gets done with their "duties". And it will be a come when you can, leave when you have to.
    sounds like a plan.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I love me some BW2, so that's a plan!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Sounds good... so in rougly 373 days I'll see you all again!