Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2013

I was under the impression that the preorder was the sub! I don't mind a reissue of anyone.....as long as it doesn't take a sku away from a character we don't have yet.

Grayskull has already been a huge success. It really is about getting the resources and a 6" playset takes a lot. A real lot.
    With rising basic costs (labor, raw materials) "finishing" the 6" line is more or a priority for 2014 and 2015 vs. tackling another giant playset. (at least for the immediate future).

I think TG is stuck back in 2002!! "6 inch line" - what measuring method is he using!!?? He clearly believes this as he keeps saying it over and over again and probably thinks we will too the more he does.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Um, actually, the entire Castle's design was their idea. From the Orb room to including the ledge. The only ask from Mattel was to include a slot for Scareglow's key which is being added to the final toy. Pretty much from a design stand point this was all the awesome glory of the 4HM.
    who designed the B-sheet? As I understood it The Horsemen were only following what they saw on the B-sheet when sculpting the Castle and thats also why they sculpted the dundeon grate. I could have sworn Mattel design and you Scott worked out the B-sheet for the Preorder and you had stated on RGD there would be an orb room in the castles dome. You even joked about how small it would be saying maybe a figure could sit in it meditating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Grayskull has already been a huge success. It really is about getting the resources and a 6" playset takes a lot. A real lot.
    With rising basic costs (labor, raw materials) "finishing" the 6" line is more or a priority for 2014 and 2015 vs. tackling another giant playset. (at least for the immediate future).

I think TG is stuck back in 2002!! "6 inch line" - what measuring method is he using!!?? He clearly believes this as he keeps saying it over and over again and probably thinks we will too the more he does.
    yeah, clearly MOTUC's is 7 inch scale

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Thanks to the latest answer, the two most obvious choices are revealed on the Castle Grayskull boxart!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Snake Mountain will never be done right anyway. As much as I would love one I'd rather they focus on the figures after how CG is happening.
    I will probably never buy a playset from Mattel again after the shrinkage of Castle Grayskull, as I'm waiting to cancel my order at the end of July, but I really think that if Mattel really wants to do another playset........they need to do it at the end of the line. There is too much money going just for the figures right now, and not only do you have the regular sub 12 monthly, 4 quarterly....they added the 6 Filmation figures and Castle Grayskull? They said last year that they were going to scale back a bit, but this year has been more costly than last year with the 30th anniversary figs.

Next year, we've already got rumors flying around of a 12 figure Filmation sub too. So if you have that and a regular sub.........playsets need to wait. By focusing on playsets at the end of the line, there may be more people willing to buy them if they aren't forking over $40-$60 a month on the figures.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I will probably never buy a playset from Mattel again after the shrinkage of Castle Grayskull, as I'm waiting to cancel my order at the end of July, but I really think that if Mattel really wants to do another playset........they need to do it at the end of the line. There is too much money going just for the figures right now, and not only do you have the regular sub 12 monthly, 4 quarterly....they added the 6 Filmation figures and Castle Grayskull? They said last year that they were going to scale back a bit, but this year has been more costly than last year with the 30th anniversary figs.

Next year, we've already got rumors flying around of a 12 figure Filmation sub too. So if you have that and a regular sub.........playsets need to wait. By focusing on playsets at the end of the line, there may be more people willing to buy them if they aren't forking over $40-$60 a month on the figures.
    Or at least after all the major characters are out of the way.

Hi scott, please look into a reissue sorcerss at the least. She is a must own for all castle greyskull buyers. Im very disappointed that I missed this one. Please talk with matty and see if it's possible? I think she will do well as essential figure for all the people who bought a castle or just missed her. Also a snake mountain in 2014 would be bought by me! thanks for any help Scott. Keep making this line.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    No we are not behind schedule. Scott said from the very beginning that playsets were a long shot that took an incredible amount of resources, thus not something this small line could handle easily. It is by fluke they were able to even do Castle Grayskull. It is likely the only "playset" were are going to see in this line. I don't understand the need to have "playsets", I don't play with these figures. I would much rather just have diorama pieces for display purposes. I'm not buying Grayskull for that reason, plus the pricetage, plus it is just a update of the vintage castle verbatim (which was flawed to begin with). If you were expecting all those playsets listed above, you are having extremely unreal expectations.
    Playsets were an integral and quite important part of the vintage lines (and the same can be said about vehicles). There was a new playset (and around 2-3 vehicles) released more or less yearly and, by the time the vintage lines ended, 9 playsets (Castle Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, Eternia, Crystal Castle, Crystal Falls, Nordor, Starship Eternia) and about 20 vehicles had been released. We're now into MotUC's fifth year, with about 100 figures released, but still not one single playset has been released (and we're still almost a year away from seeing CG) and only 1 lonely vehicle.

I don't play with my figures either, but I don't want them to just "stand there" like lifeless trophies in the middle of nowhere; they should have an appropriate "environment" to "live" in. That's what playsets and diorama pieces are for, to recreate the environment that these characters inhabit—their unique world. Getting just the figures is like getting only half of the MotUverse, especially since locations such as Snake Mountain or the Crystal Castle are every bit as iconic of the franchise as characters such as Evil-Lyn or Man-at-Arms.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; March 11, 2013 at 12:25am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

IDK I think they learned from Castle Grayskull and would set the Snake Mountain preorder price at $300.00 to make it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    IDK I think they learned from Castle Grayskull and would set the Snake Mountain preorder price at $300.00 to make it right.
    250.00 would be ok for a smaller one to be in scale with CG. It would be strange to have the other two castles bigger the the most iconic CG.

Are we kidding around here?

I do NOT believe that anyone voted for King He-Man. Sorry.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I voted for King He-man with each of my grayskull voting codes
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

Heroic Warrior
    IMO, it is UNACCEPTABLE for them to rope people into a pre-sale with a stated amount of things in the sculpt/mold...then say "Oh, we will have to cut X, Y and Z" after we signed up. That constitutes a bait and switch, and is EXACTLY why people got peeved over the hoverboard. They should deliver on what they said they would deliver. I signed up based on what they said in the initial pre-sale info, and if they cut back on what they said they would there, especially after they said they met the goal and opened them up AGAIN, it is INEXCUSABLE.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Next year, we've already got rumors flying around of a 12 figure Filmation sub too.
    I hope not, IMO thats too expensive to have two 12 figure subs in one year. 6 Filmation is plenty enough, plus we'll probably get at least one in the main sub as well.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Thanks to the latest answer, the two most obvious choices are revealed on the Castle Grayskull boxart!
    Quite the surprise...lol
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I would guess that the top 30 characters had hundreds of votes. Once you get past that you are in double digits and King He-man probably had in the neighborhood of 50 votes. And when you get down to 100th place you are probable in the 20 votes range.
    Just the way voting for things like this seem to go.
    We could start a pole and see who people voted for on here and get a general idea. I just personally hope for one lesserknown character, like Lubic or Josh.

I don't see any reason to not believe that King He-Man would be in the top 50 characters in the CG vote.

I didn't vote for him, but it was a serious consideration. I knew it wouldn't win, but I thought box art displaying the future of He-man would have been a neat difference from the original box art depicting the earliest ideas of He-Man. Perhaps that was also in the minds of some other folks.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

As for the vote, like all votes of these kinds, the fine print says they can pretty much choose whoever they want in any case. If anyone was thinking this box would go out with Chef Allen, Illumina, Crackers the Clown, Gwildor, Strobo, Darius, Butthead, Kayo, Plundar and Flutterina then... well, that wasn't going to happen.

I expect that most people gravitated towards the most likely suspects anyway, so there was no real issue with doing the vote and sticking to it. I can believe King He-man was in the top 50, because I'm guessing that MASSIVE amounts of votes went towards the most likely suspects, and even relatively small amounts of votes made an impact when some people might have only gotten 5 or 10 votes.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    While I'm not a big fan of King He-Man, I can see how he'd make the top 50. As the newest Grayskull, some fans may want the newest Heroic Warriors and Evil Warriors on the castle art. When I voted, I thought in terms of any toyline who re-releases something, like when the Ecto-1 was re-released for Ghostbusters back in the day, you're going to have figures in their new costumes/looks along with possibly some of the newest wave characters.

If you want an all vintage castle, the originals should be on there only, so no Hordak, Glimmer, Scare Glow, Rio-Blast etc... But if you look at it as a re-release or update, then it should probably be with the times (who is new now). I really wouldn't be surprised if Draego-Man got a lot of votes. He is worthy of being the next generation of good vs bad on Eternia.

So, King He-Man fits the bill as he is part of the newest era. I wouldn't vote for him, but I can see why many others would.

So... did Fangman, Mighty Spector & Mo-Larr make it to the top 20?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    While I know what the fine print said (subject to change!) I cannot help but feel like if a character was to win that was not a desirable choice that not only would it not make the cut, but that we would never know. Even with the right to make the final choice clearly stated, it would be a PR fiasco to say that X actually won but they did Y instead.

Just a gut feeling of course.

I am surprised that King He-Man would rank in the top 50 over a lot of other characters... But if he REALLY is that popular than happily I should be rich this month on eBay.

In the end I cannot imagine holding on to my box anyway.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

For all we know King He-Man could have been #49 or something. If that's the case, then I wonder how the other older and more popular characters did. They are probably occupying the top 20 votes.

I voted for King He-Man and most anyone from that era that I could. I personally would like to see the mythos move forward instead of getting a redone 1982 Grayskull box. That's my biggest issue with this line is when they do an updated vintage look and not add much to the character. Yes, I am aware of nostalgia and how a LOT of people view the MOTU property and other toy lines but in 30 years we have changed as a people. Why can't our toys? IMO the best course of action from the beginning should've been to make the figures very vintage but include stuff from 200X or new ideas so you could display them however you want. Fisto did this perfectly. But characters like Stratos got the shaft. Back to my point, getting a redone box would be lame to me, anything different is welcome as long as it looks fantastic. If i want the 82 boxart I'll look at the 82 box, I'm buying a new Castle Grayskull and want a new box to go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post

I got my customer service fixed up quite quickly by a fellow named Brady recently, sure one doesn't make a pattern but people will never truly be happy, you can't pleese everyone, but personally i think it has been better of recent and thats what scott was saying, that they were working on CS.
    Brady O. is the only person at DR/Matty who has EVER gotten my problems corrected. I think he IS the U.S.-based customer service. Otherwise, Matty is still a train wreck. Hopefully, the My Sub Page will work well and help some of the issues.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela