• Everything except New Adventures

6 3.39%
  • Everything except Princess of Power

6 3.39%
  • Only the Classic 80's characters

13 7.34%
  • Classic 80's MOTU/PoP, but no NA or 200x

8 4.52%
  • Some other weird combo I'll describe below.

14 7.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will you buy?

What will you buy?

Which figures are you going to buy? Everything released? Everything that looks awesome? everything except the NA line? Soryr if this poll has been done...I didn't see it anywhere.

as it stands now - everything. I'm not excited AT ALL about NA as I have no connection to it, but I think the horsemen will make it outstanding and thus I can see myself purchasing NA products. so while it remains to be seen, the plan thus far is everything.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

1 of each. Period.

I'm still in no particular hurry for some. The infamous Stick-Man can be released a month before Loo-Kee at the very end.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    So far I will be getting every character (for the most part). I am still debating on Faker actually. I'm just getting one of each, except for Hordak and perhaps if there is an Adora released -- they get 2 purchases each.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I'm pretty sure I'll buy every single character and multiples of some of the female-figures.

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    already got he-man & skeletor (and a beast man that i made into moss man). so here's my weird list:

battle cat
    trap jaw
    evil lyn
    man-e-faces
    ram man
    prince adam
    orko
    whiplash
    clawful
    webstor
    kobra khan
    moss man
    two bad
    stinkor
    spikor
    leech
    mantenna
    modulok
    stonedar
    king hiss
    mosquitor

So far..I'm getting every single figure!! The 4H got me hooked bad on these. Thier sculpts are just awesome!!! If an when I don't really care for a character I will pass, but right now I'm getting them all. Some I will try an get two of Like Merman an MAA. Whatever ones with extra heads I think are cool I will buy extras of. And of course Teela I have to get at least two or three of her!!!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    So far, whatever I think looks cool. It'll probably be a little bit of everything.

I've got this list of figs that I had as a kid that I'd like now tho, which I'm sort of going after as well. It goes like this:

He-man
    Skeletor
    Rattlor
    Mantenna
    Horde Soldier

And then there's a couple of other figs that I wanted as a kid, but never had, or have gotten interested in recent years

SHE-RA
    Hordak
    Snake Face
    Optikk
    Entrapta
    Snout Spout
    Green Goddess
    Zodac

I think that's pretty much everything, give or take a variant or two.

I'm in the every single character camp.
    Only exception I can think of would be Adam. But I might consider him if the paint job isn't too... Filmation.

Here's the deal Mattel, the way to sell me an Adam figure, is to make Adora AMAZING. By getting her, you almost have to get Adam no matter what after that.

Ah heck, who am I kidding, of course I'm getting them all.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I'll be getting everything that looks cool to me between the Classic, She-Ra and New Adventures characters. I won't be getting anything from the 2002 line.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Heroic Warrior
    I went with the everyone that looks cool, and as soon as I pushed the button I realized I should've gone with the last option. I'll buy everyone that looks cool, plus any character I like regardless of the look. That list is pretty short and consists of Moss man, Stratos, Teela, Two-Bad, Stonedar and Syklone.

I actually prefer the style of the 200X and I look forward the characters that were never made for that line the most, like the Pop figures.

I really think the line has started off great though, with characters looking like the cardback art. I always missed Man-At-Arms fur lining for example.

I'll probably steer away from NA, since I have no connection to it, and it looks so far out there to me in regards to the MOTU and He-Man mythos at large. I will caveat that the 4 Horsemen can make just about anything look good.

That being said if there are some cool looking figs or reinterpretation of characters that already fit in seamlessly with what we have now, then I may consider getting those. I do love aliens and monsters...who doesn't right?

Ideally I would want to see the old mainstays done first like finishing out the Evil Horde, Snake Men and the Evil Warriors before they go do NA.

I am curious about the hints and rumblings of the 200X series style since I thought those were done, but I really dug that line back in '02-'04.

I plan on buying every single thing released... and eventually replacing my 2002 (and possibly my classic MOTU/POP/NA) collection with these new and improved bad-ass figures!

Mostly classic 80’s MOTU for me. I’d probably also pick up

She-Ra
    NA He-Man
    NA Skeletor
    200X He-Man
    200X Skeletor
    200X Snake Armor He-Man

A big fan of Slush Head
    I'll buy everything!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Every single figure…minus redecos.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

MOTU & POP:

Sy-Klone!
    Glimmer!
    Fisto!
    Frosta!
    Buzz-Off!
    Sorceress!
    Bow!
    Catra!
    Angella!
    Entrapta!
    Castaspella!
    Mermista!
    Perfuma!
    Peek a Blue!
    Flutterina!

King Grayskull
    He-Man
    Beast Man
    Skeletor
    Faker
    Mer-Man
    Man-at-Arms
    Teela

If she's made: Green Goddess, and if she looks good: She-Ra.

A couple of the others, I'm up in the air about. But not much more than that.

I went with the first option, although I mean everything released (one in most cases, more for a select few like Mer Man and I still want another HM), not just every character, as I felt that might be misconstrued as one of every characeter. I'll buy other versions of HM, Skeletor, etc. as well.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I'm probably getting one of everything I think looks good. So far I only have King Grayskull, and I would've bought Beastman if I wasn't broke at the time. I really dislike the proportions, style, and overall direction of the line so the figures have to be really something great to warrant a buy. I'm probably even skipping over Zodac despite being my favorite toy as a child. However Teela and Man-At-Arms look fantastic and Hordak looks cool enough to warrant a purchase (although he pales in comparison to the Staction in my opinion). If the Horsemen can keep that level of quality we've seen in the new protos I may be able to overlook my bigger issues with the line.

I'm most looking forward to 200x (and 200x/MYP versions of) characters, POP characters, and even NA. The classic MOTU stuff doesn't interest me since I feel that, with a few exceptions, all of the 200x designs were vast improvements over the originals. I own all of the 200x versions and there were only a few characters I wanted that weren't redesigned so many of these classics figures feel redundant or unnecessary to me. However I am interested in seeing what the 4 Horsemen do with the POP and NA characters, and of course I'm up for seeing any characters in a 200x style/costume.
    Last edited by Battle_Brak; February 11, 2009 at 12:27am.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Mainly I will buy one of every figure and in some very rare occasions, maybe multiples.
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Every single character.

Everything! This line is everything I wanted from a MOTU toyline, one that features all the previous toylines, and unproduced figures!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I'm buying two of each original MOTU figures. ONe loose and one carded.
    But I'm only going to buy one of each POP and NA character.
    To keep on card.
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Everything! And in some cases 2 or 3 of each character.