View Poll Results: If all MOTUC items were DOS, what would you have purchased?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Optikk

71 64.55%
  • Wun-Dar

69 62.73%
  • King Grayskull V2

78 70.91%
  • Vikor

74 67.27%
  • Preternia Disguise He-Man

55 50.00%
  • Chief Carnivus

61 55.45%
  • Snout Spout

81 73.64%
  • Demo-Man

74 67.27%
  • Wind Raider

72 65.45%
  • Star Sisters

51 46.36%
  • Fearless Photog

63 57.27%
  • Shadow Weaver

99 90.00%
  • Draego-Man

95 86.36%
  • Mighty Spector

37 33.64%
  • Griffin

65 59.09%
  • Sir Laser Lot

46 41.82%
  • Snake Men 2 Pack

74 67.27%
  • Cy-Chop

45 40.91%
  • Dekker

49 44.55%
  • Castle Grayskull Man

80 72.73%
  • Mosquitor

88 80.00%
  • Procrustus

62 56.36%
  • Fang Man

79 71.82%
  • King He-Man

59 53.64%
  • The Fighting Foe Men

53 48.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If all MOTUC items were DOS, what would you have purchased?

If all MOTUC items were DOS, what would you have purchased?

Remember back in 2008/09, the days before we had Subs, the days when everything was DOS? What if there were never any Subs? What if all MOTUC items had been DOS? Which items would you have purchased?

I have chosen 25 MOTUC items to choose from, some very popular and some maybe not so much.

For all you Sub holders, vote for all the items that you would have purchased.

For all none Sub holders, vote for all the items that you did or would have purchased.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

What I did buy DOS
    Demo-Man
    Draego-Man
    Castle Grayskullman

What I bought or acquired later
    Shadow Weaver
    Wun-Dar
    Griffin

What I haven't bought, but am considering
    King Grayskull (2010)
    Vikor
    Snake Men

What I would have bought in the future
    King He-Man
    Fang Man

The not mentioned figures, I could care less about.

The Foe Men, I am getting only because of the sub, there's no way in hell I would pay $81 DOS for them, plus shipping, plus the other $27 figure DOS that same month.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I was all-in before the sub, and I will be all-in until the end of the line.

All of the above.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Most of them but I wouldn't have bought Chief Carnivus or Preternian Disguise He-Man (but I got them with my sub)

I didn't buy The Star Sisters, Mighty Spector, Sir Laser Lot, and Dekker.

I won't buy King He-Man or the Fighting Foe Men (unless the FFM are offered at a discounted price)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    I would have bought all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Most of them but I wouldn't have bought Chief Carnivus or Preternian Disguise He-Man (but I got them with my sub)

I didn't buy The Star Sisters, Mighty Spector, Sir Laser Lot, and Dekker.

I won't buy King He-Man or the Fighting Foe Men (unless the FFM are offered at a discounted price)
    Can you imagine the outrage if the Star Sisters were $75 in sub, $81 DOS? People thought $60 was horrible for them....I wonder if everyone has actually thought how much these guys are even with the sub.... $75 & $81....that's a lot of money for figures some don't care about, or barely care about, but I think more are on board for them than the Star Sisters though, so there's at least that....but if they weren't in my sub, I sure wouldn't be buying them for no $81 bucks....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    All of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I would have bought all of them.
    Same here...ALL OF THEM
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Very interesting poll, kudos!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Everything.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I fully support every MOTUC release.

Everything.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Everything and would do it again!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

preternia disguise he man is still the only figure i dont want but i am going to get one anyway just for completist sake

i actually bough most of those DOS, and the exclusives on the forums

Heroic Warrior
    All of them- eventually.

I wouldn't have been in any hurry to get the Star Sisters or TMS. Not that I don't like the Star Sisters, I just would have taken the chance at getting them cheaper later, and if not, at least at my leisure.

I find it interesting that every one of those characters currently made it above the 50% mark, except Sir Laser Lot, Cy-Chop, and the Mighty Spector (currently at 37%).

There were several figures that I could have gotten DOS, but chose not to. Then I went back and bought them on the secondary market. I don't know how to answer the poll because I tend to go back and change my mind!

I wouldn't have bothered with Netossa, Star Sisters, Photog, Spector, preternia He-man, the fighting foemen, Cy-chop or any of the Battle armour, Thunderpunch etc He-man and Skeletor variants.

Heroic Warrior
    I have been a completeist so far (although I did skip Granamyr, just thought he wouldn't sell and I'd get a better deal later, looks like I was wrong there) although I wouldn't have bought multiples of quite a few figures that I got with the extra subs. We'll see how that progresses "if" figures I have zero interest in get released.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would buy everything that was released. I love everything this line comes out with.
    if I would miss anything I'd try to pick them up on ebay.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    basicaly yeah

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    3 things:

• All the figures should be available for everybody! No more exclusive figures!
    • Let's give to the subscribers a 40$ discount! (I'll never thank you enough for what you're doing)
    • No more DOS but pre-orders for every figures (so Mattel will know exactly how many figures should produce)

Keep punishin' the non-subscribers isn't the right way, only the pre-orders combined with the subscriptions will save the line.
    Just imagine a thing like this:
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; March 30, 2013 at 11:55pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    3 things:

• All the figures should be available for everybody! No more exclusive figures!
    • Let's give to the subscribers a 40$ discount! (I'll never thank you enough for what you're doing)
    • No more DOS but pre-orders for every figures (so Mattel will know exactly how many figures should produce)

Keep punishin' the non-subscribers isn't the right way, only the pre-orders combined with the subscriptions will save the line.
    Just imagine a thing like this:
    It would be nice if something like this existed, but to be fair....sub exclusives would stay Sub exclusives though (otherwise what would be the point of perks, if you can't get something exclusive non subbers can't? I mean, before, it was really the only perk to sub up, other than guaranteeing you get ever figure). Even as a picker last year, I can see that in all fairness, but what wasn't fair was making Shadow Weaver the sub exclusive, it should have stayed Horde Prime.

But I have said this before, make the sub the deciding factor if the line goes through, but then allow people to PO additional figures on top of the sub....If the sub is the be all end all, what would it hurt adding say an additional 400 units or so on top of the guaranteed numbers? They already did this with previous DOS stock, but this way, they guarantee to sell the over produced figures, instead of sitting on stock for days, waiting for it to sell through.

But, as I said before, it's DR & Mattel....it'll never happen....why? I couldn't tell you, but sadly, it won't.
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It would be nice if something like this existed, but to be fair....sub exclusives would stay Sub exclusives though (otherwise what would be the point of perks, if you can't get something exclusive non subbers can't? I mean, before, it was really the only perk to sub up, other than guaranteeing you get ever figure). Even as a picker last year, I can see that in all fairness, but what wasn't fair was making Shadow Weaver the sub exclusive, it should have stayed Horde Prime.

But I have said this before, make the sub the deciding factor if the line goes through, but then allow people to PO additional figures on top of the sub....If the sub is the be all end all, what would it hurt adding say an additional 400 units or so on top of the guaranteed numbers? They already did this with previous DOS stock, but this way, they guarantee to sell the over produced figures, instead of sitting on stock for days, waiting for it to sell through.

But, as I said before, it's DR & Mattel....it'll never happen....why? I couldn't tell you, but sadly, it won't.
    I understand your point of view. But, as I said in the previous reply, the perk of being subscribers should be a discount on the total and not an exclusive figure.
    And, of course, I agree the exclusive figures should be somethin' like Wundar, Pre-Eternia Disguise He-Man, King He-Man and not like Shadow Weaver...
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; March 31, 2013 at 12:51pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess