Thread: Can Anyone Help me with the "new" Photobucket?

Can Anyone Help me with the "new" Photobucket?

Alright, so Photobucket decided it was time to fix what wasn't broken, and I KNEW I was gona run into problems. They used to change bitmaps into jpegs by just uploading the pics, but now it's an "unsupported filetype." Is there a way to just get the thing to do what it used to, or is this the new and unimproved Photobucket?

'Course this is also a useful topic for anyone who uses photobucket and has to now deal with the changes.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Couldn't you just save a copy of it in jpeg format and then upload it? Even if you don't have anything fancy like photoshop, the basic MS paint program that comes on pretty much all computers should be able to do this. Just open the bitmap, choose save as, and choose the format type. Jpeg should be an option. It should save it as a separate file from the original bitmap.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Couldn't you just save a copy of it in jpeg format and then upload it? Even if you don't have anything fancy like photoshop, the basic MS paint program that comes on pretty much all computers should be able to do this. Just open the bitmap, choose save as, and choose the format type. Jpeg should be an option. It should save it as a separate file from the original bitmap.
    Oh yeah, it does, but whenever I've saved thing into jpegs on my computer it turns them a bit grainy. I dunno what Photobucket does that is so amazing (or did, I mean) but somehow when they change bitmaps to jpegs I don't lose any resolution. I went back and cross referenced my pics on my comp and how they turned out in my blog, and they look fantastic! Then I went and took those same pics and saved them as jpegs on my comp first and they get all grainy.

...granted, it's not death to the image or anything, but if I can keep my same quality that I've been getting it would be awesome. Just wondering if I missed something, 'cause Photobucket is in a transition right now and thier help links aren't bringing me to what they say they are.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.