View Poll Results: How would you like your modulok

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • In pieces that you can assemble into a thousand bodies

51 59.30%
  • As a single articulated action figure

35 40.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you like your MOTUC Modulok - in pieces or as a figure?

Master of my own Domain

How would you like your MOTUC Modulok - in pieces or as a figure?

Would you like modulok pieces that you can assemble into a thousand bodies?
    Or as a single articulated action figure?

Pieces! Pieces!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I voted pieces as well.

It's lots of fun building your own Modulok!!
    Last edited by dedset13; February 27, 2012 at 03:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I voted pieces as well.

It's lots of fun building your own Modulok!!
    It sure is. I'm guessing some peeps would buy multiple packs to build a super-Modulok!
    The voting is pretty one-sided thus far. I hope Mattel doesn't disappoint.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A figure, please. I worry about a Modulok in pieces. With these Quality Control issues? That's more chances for Mattel to screw-up with missing or wrong pieces.

Give me a figure that looks like the box art. After that, maybe we can get the mini-comic version, Emiliano's version OR the Filmation version.

The Blonde Teela Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Horde Wraiths • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A figure, please. I worry about a Modulok in pieces. With these Quality Control issues? That's more chances for Mattel to screw-up with missing or wrong pieces.

Give me a figure that looks like the box art. After that, maybe we can get the mini-comic version, Emiliano's version OR the Filmation version.
    It's a sad state of affairs when fan requests are based on what mattel is least likely to screw up!

I totally want him in pieces, he was so cool when I was a kid.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I had exactly the same reaction. Just release him in two versions, Filmation three-legged and box-art six-legged.

Heroic Warrior
    If he's in pieces, we can put his shoulders on backwards on our own accord.

voted single articulated figure, in as much as I'm completely fine with it being dissasemblable, but I want the parts to fit and articulate and look good together as a priority than the ability to take him apart.

So if you can "break him down" ect, that's fine, but I want the combined created whole figure to look coheisive and fine.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Either. What looks best is what counts. Dont want it falling apart.
    Regular figure to be safe.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    If he's in pieces, we can put his shoulders on backwards on our own accord.

lol, maybe all figures should come like that!

FILMATION Modulok gets my vote. Obviously with two heads.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

The way I see it, more pieces might cause very loose joints, so the fully assembled figure could be a pain to pose. I'm perfectly fine with a single articulated figure.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I'd rather have one figure based on the box art. While I can see people's desire for the individual pieces, that's a lot of new pieces that Mattel will have to tool that probably cannot be reused. If the pieces are tooled to be compatible with other figures, however, Modulok may provide some good parts (arms, legs) that can be used for other difficult and oddly shaped characters.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    His tagline is Evil Beast of a Thousand Bodies, so yeah, pieces. Otherwise, I don't see the point in making him if they're not going to do it right.

We've already had Trap-Jaw, with a removable arm (good example) and King Hiss with swappable torsos (bad example), so there's some precedence on getting this right (and wrong).
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, Nocturna, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, Red Knight, Vultak, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    The way I see it, more pieces might cause very loose joints, so the fully assembled figure could be a pain to pose. I'm perfectly fine with a single articulated figure.
    this wasn't a problem with the vintage one.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjimenez View Post
    this wasn't a problem with the vintage one.
    Snout Spout's nose rotting, Hordak's armor chipping just by looking at it, and Roboto's chest cracking weren't problems in the vintage line either. It was a different day......

"We have a Ram-Man"

Master of my own Domain
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Snout Spout's nose rotting, Hordak's armor chipping just by looking at it, and Roboto's chest cracking weren't problems in the vintage line either. It was a different day......
    So much for progress. I like what someone mentioned earlier - if it's pieces, then we can correct the shoulders ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by adamjimenez View Post
    So much for progress. I like what someone mentioned earlier - if it's pieces, then we can correct the shoulders ourselves!
    Haha. That's true. Honestly, the biggest concern for me is that the MOTUC figures have often had problems not in the concept/design stage but in the engineering stage, and this would clearly be an engineering issue.

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I just made it 19-17 in favor of pieces.

Master of my own Domain
    woah, 19 each. pieces was leading 9-1 at one stage. it's been an epic struggle rather fitting of MOTU.

suffice to say whatever mattel go with - half of us will be disappointed!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Single figure...I don't trust Matty QC enough for a BAF Modulok.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

wow the fans are truly divided with this one.

I voted "As a single articulated action figure"

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    single figure. i dont want to give matty the chance to FORCE me to purchase reissues of Laser Lot and Spector JUST BECAUSE they contain a part of a figure I am waiting for. please don't give them ideas....