Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Beard Stratos

Blue Beard Stratos

Probably 10 -11 years ago I recieved a vintage Stratos in a box of old toys.. I really never thought anything special of him.. He was put along with all my other vintage collection in storage for years. As time went on and I started collecting the classics and displaying them I decided to also display my vintage figures.. I have a couple vintage Stratos figures and while comparing them I noticed one had a blue beard and gray goggles while the other has a gray beard and blue goggles. The gray bearded one seems to be the pnly one I ever come across. I was curious and tried googleing it but didn't come up with much about the blue bearded figure.. In my searches it seems that a blue beard Stratos is really hard to come by.. Can someone give me some details about this varient?

I've been looking for this variant for a long time now. It's the first release of Stratos's which was produced in a short run.. If you ever sell it please let me know.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    All i know is, its super rare! Congratulation

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Saw Hordak View Post
    I've been looking for this variant for a long time now. It's the first release of Stratos's which was produced in a short run.. If you ever sell it please let me know.
    First release as in the first few off the line the first year? I had a carded 8 back stratos at one point (regret I sold it) and I know for certain that it was the typical gray beard... Was this a mid year change, type of situation. I always thought this Blue beard Stratos looked weird/different to me but never put my finger on it until I had another gray beard side by side with it.. I have no intention of selling at this point.. But if I ever do I'll be sure to keep you in mind..

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    All i know is, its super rare! Congratulation
    Super rare huh? Then let me ask this. The paint apps on his face aren't the greatest anymore.. There are some spots of red showing through as its obvious some kid at one point played with this guy(as expected).. His body and every thing is intact and looks really good, its just his face paint could use some touching up.. mainly his flesh toned areas.. Would it be bad for me to touch up these small areas.. Would that take away from the authenticity of the figure?

Also, since Stratos came out with different harness and wing color combinations does any one know the proper combo for this figure or is it either? It came with red wings on it but had no harness. The other Stratos I have came with a red harness but no wings.. I gave the red harness to ol' blue beard but I would like it to be correct.. Do I find a set of blue wings, or do I find a blue harness at this point?

Here is a pic so you can see the condition of the figure, what do you guys think?

My Stratos had a blue beard as far as I remember. It's one of my lost figures, probably my mother gave it away two decades ago.

And I thought that the commemorative was the only one without a blue beard... probably the blue beard was a standard in Greece because I remember my friend having one of the same.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MILK-MAN View Post
    Also, since Stratos came out with different harness and wing color combinations does any one know the proper combo for this figure or is it either? It came with red wings on it but had no harness. The other Stratos I have came with a red harness but no wings.. I gave the red harness to ol' blue beard but I would like it to be correct.. Do I find a set of blue wings, or do I find a blue harness at this point?
    I've heard of blue beard Stratos a few times over the years, but have never tracked him down to work out his "origins".
    Regarding the wing and jetpack combo, originally in the vintage line, the figure came with red wings and blue jetpack, but this was reversed a re-release or two in with blue wings and red jetpack.
    You have him there with red in both, which was never an "official" colour release, but, with the blue beard an' all, I'm wondering if this is some international version, that did use a different colour scheme of blue beard and all-red accessories... unless you just assembled the wings and jetpack from loose parts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I noticed in a family video of me as a kid playing with my He-Man stuff, that my Stratos had a blue beard, red wings, and a blue harness. Alas he was given away to Goodwill when I was 15. Haven't seen one again untill this picture. And mine was bought in Wisconsin so it wasn't an international thing.

Yeah, I think I also had the blue beard. But it's hard to remember back that far, and it wasn't exactly my favorite figure in the line.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Donīt know if itīs real but i believe it is.

Donīt know if itīs real but i believe it is. http://www10.pic-upload.de/25.04.12/d2d6xx4nrvxo.jpg
    Wow where is this carded beauty from? Is it yours?? Also noticing this one has the red harness and blue wings.. Blue Beard Stratos certainly is mysterious..

No its not mine Someone at Grayskullmuseum.com posted it.

Donīt know if itīs real but i believe it is. http://www10.pic-upload.de/25.04.12/d2d6xx4nrvxo.jpg
    This belonged to Carlos at one time, don't know who owns it now.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

Wow! Awesome figure! I would really like to know who is the lucky owner of this beauty.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic

That's an amazing looking blue beard Stratos Milk-Man. Congratulations!

that was mine back then, yes, its legit.

i sold it to a private collector

here you go..

Last edited by carlo; May 1, 2012 at 08:06pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Cool !!!!!!

Awesome, hope you made a fortune

Court Magician
    anybody have seen a pic of blue beard w/ red wings moc stratos?

After what I read here and saw on this thread, I have to say that this particular Blue bread Stratos figure is very cool looking and interesting and being it's the first time I have ever seen this version of him. I don't believe I have ever come across this particular figure in stores when I was growing up. If I had seen this Blue breaded Stratos once upon a time, I really don't remember. The very first Stratos I first owned back then was the one with the red wings, and blue jet pack. I still have that one particular Stratos, but minus the red wings. Along with that figure I do own an extra flying monkey Stratos lol, with the blue wings and red jet pack. All in all, with this talk about this figure, I really wish I had the opportunity to own this very rare Blue bread Stratos. Either way, as said before, this is a very cool looking, and a different version of this particular figure.

LONG LIVE MOTU/MOTUC'S
    Last edited by ralgonzo26; August 25, 2012 at 03:17pm.

This is an awesome variation I have never seen before until today. I had received both a Blue Harness & Red Harness Stratos when I was a kid for X-Mas from my Grandmother & Aunt, so he is near & dear to me. I used to use the Red Harness Stratos as another "Avion" warrior.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Court Magician
    Hey everyone!

I think I might have found a treasure! This baby is MINT!! Found this on ebay a few weeks ago. I know I stole it as the figures included with this are worth more than what I paid. The thing I didn't notice until I got it in my hands was that it still had the wrapping around the wrist on one of the hands that was on it. This is basically card fresh! There is hardly a scratch on it. The only complaint is that the legs probably grade to about a 7.5. Still tight, but not perfect. Stands great.

What do you guys think this is worth?

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/ne...atos2.png.html
    http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/ne...ratos.png.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-Nice-Lo...vip=true&rt=nc
    Last edited by neusch23; August 14, 2013 at 03:28pm.

Nice find Neusch23.
    Mine is also coming with blue wings.

General question: Are you sure that the Blue Bearb Stratos were also sold with reversed colors? (red wings), I am starting to have serious doubts about that.

TOK.. red wings and blue beard? i dont think so.. i have never seen that. i will ask the mattel lady?

not to say it doesn't exist, but i have yet to see it
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Court Magician
    Thanks guys! Is this figure as rare as I think it is? I just haven't seen one sell on ebay. No clue on the value.

Quote Originally Posted by neusch23 View Post
    Thanks guys! Is this figure as rare as I think it is? I just haven't seen one sell on ebay. No clue on the value.
    I really don't know the exact value for a loose sample of this figure. I remember seeing one loose for sale by Peter Le Rose for about $300 some time ago.

You know, I have an open thread at the market place offering up to $5,000 for a MOC Blue Beard Stratos or even a higher price if the figure is AFA graded...
    Last edited by Asher99; June 1, 2014 at 02:32pm.
    Offering $2,500 for MOC or AFA graded Teela, Zodac and Stratos 8 backs with "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini comic