Thread: What are your alternate Blast Attack bios?

What are your alternate Blast Attack bios?

Is anyone else happy with the bio from Blast Attack? Personally I'm not. This whole Spell of Summoning Light spell is somewhat okay but recently I feel like it is becoming a catch all solution for integrating characters in the MOTUC cannon? Also the idea of a character who can cause mass destruction, reform and cause more destruction seems way too overpowered for me. It seems like there needed to be more complexity to this character and even a sense of self-preservation.

So after receiving my Blast Attack (great figure btw) in the mail the other day I started dreaming about an alternate bio for him.

Here's mine:

Originally a top Gar scientist, Blastack was responsible for many advancements in high tech weaponry for the empire. Nearly 500 years after the assassination of King Grayskull, the Gar empire began to crumble to internal resistance lead by Vikor, the second He-Man. Blastack was pressured to craft new Gar armor for the soldiers of Anwat Gar. The armor featured an obedience helmet and was created with interior spikes to prod pressure points on the body to send the warrior into an adrenaline filled beserking rage. However, the Eternian forces sacked Anwat Gar before the armor could be employed. In an effort to protect the armor, Blastack donned the armor himself and sealed himself in a pressure chamber to avoid detection. Kept alive an injected stream of nanites, over time the pressure chamber caused the armor to malfunction by wiping his memory and sanity through the obedience helmet and clamping the armor deeper into the flesh. Blastack's slumber was disrupted by a group of Eternian archaeologists. Sent into blinding rage through his unrelenting physical torment, Blastack engaged in battle with Man At Arms. During the battle, Blastack's rage and pain reached an all time high causing his armor to overload and explode; finally releasing his pain. Upon reformation through his nanite composition, Blastack's memory was wiped once again and his intense pain restarted. After several bouts, Man at Arm's was finally able to subdue Blastack and place him in coma while working with top Eternian scientists to alleviate Blastack's condition. However, Blastack was captured and enslaved into service by Skeletor during a raid. Over time, Blastack's purpose was hijacked by many infamous leaders such as Skeletor, Hordak, Marzo and King Hsss. Doomed to serve to anyone who commands, to feel unrelenting pain and to never register memory, Blastack is one of Eternia's most dangerous felons!

So thats my shot at it. Who else has an alternate interpretation they would like to share?!
    Have YOU visited Man-At-Arm's Workshop yet?
    Man-At-Arm's Workshop is a new website dedicated to reviewing custom third party accessories for MOTUC. Check it out and find something to spice up your collection

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Grayskull Con Exclusive: Grayskull's Standard
    Cosmic Key Holder

That is all kinds of dark.

It's a great bio though and I am always interested in other suggestions for characters to help enforce, change or enhance my own. Good stuff. I always got the impression he was in pain somehow too. Strange.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Here's my bio:

After barely preventing King Randor from learning Keldor's whereabouts outside the Three Towers of Eternia, Skeletor summoned a new servent to help defeat the Heroic Warriors once and for all. From a dark dimension, comes the evil blast apart robot of destruction, Blast-Attak!

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    His Star comics origin is perfect and the one I go by.
    One purple turd deserves another.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    BLAST-ATTAK – Evil Exploding Robot Warrior
    Following several losses that crippled his forces, King Hiss used the Serpent’s Ring to transform Man-At-Arms into a loyal Snake Man and used his scientific genius to create deadly modern weapons for the Snake Men's use. Among the deadliest of creations was the robotic warrior Blast-Attak. Combining regenerative nano-mite technology with the destructive power of destabilized coradite, Blast-Attak is able to detonate like a bomb unleashing a devastating explosion and then self repair. Within moments of blowing up he can pull himself back together and be ready to go off again at will. Even after Duncan's humanity was restored, Blast-Attak remained in service to King Hiss. The only saving grace for the heroic warriors is the Snake Men's reluctance to fully utilize Blast-Attak, due to his low intelligence and unstable nature making him a potential hazard to them as well.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

In my bio, Blast Attack is the zombie remains of Ram-Man merged with magic and technology by Skeleteen far in the future and sent back to destroy the royal palace of Eternia(and the royal family). He is eventually stopped by The Mighty Spector and presumed deactivated. The robot husk is somehow stolen by King Hissssss, and re-programmed by Snake Man-At-Arms to follow the orders of the Snake Men exclusively.

Since he was created with a mixture of nano-technology and dark magics, blast attack cannot die, but can detonate himself and them re-form instantly.

I'm going with this, for now, but my cannon is ever changing:

Blast Attak remembers nothing beyond awakening within the ruins of an ancient city; one long since consumed by dust and sand. Lacking desires and goals, he wandered aimlessly, until he encountered King Hsss. King Hsss, on a mission to awaken his army, took Blast Attak with him. Now shouldered with purpose, Blast Attak simply followed orders and fought along side King Hsss and his Snake Men as they battled with He-Ro and King Grayskull. A battle within a volcanic wasteland revealed his ability - his body would absorb heat. Once enough heat was stored, he could release it at will in an explosive burst. Most of the time he would remain undamaged, but, upon a particularly violent blast, they found that Blast Attak could simply piece himself back together, regardless of the severity of the injury. Eventually, after many battles, King Hsss was imprisoned, and Blast Attak was left behind.

He would eventually be found and used by many factions through the years, until Skeletor tampered with his obedience with spells and technology (either by Trap Jaw or Tri-Klops - I haven't decided who my tech guy is, yet). Blast Attak regained his free will, but turned sullen and depressed at his lack of memory or knowledge about who he was. He continued to serve Skeletor, though, with a deadpan attitude and an increasing cynical humor about his constant destruction, dismemberment and subsequent reformation.

That's it, for now! A war machine, back in the day, and currently (at least in the standard He-Man Vs Skeletor times) a depressed cyborg who finds a deadpan humor in his own continuous destruction.
    Last edited by Alexx; May 23, 2015 at 03:02am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    His Star comics origin is perfect and the one I go by.
    ^^ This!

I like the mystery of Blast-Attak's origin beyond being summoned by Skeletor as per the Star Comics issue. In that regard, I do appreciate the MOTUC bio seeking to retain this element while also melding it with the mini-comic that saw him as a minion (Hiss called him his 'creation') of the Snake Men.

What I absolutely don't like about the MOTUC bio is the whole issue of nanites. Blast-Attak does not need them. He is not DC Comics' Shrapnel. He is Blast-Attak who splits in two halves, with explosive force when necessary. He is two perfectly formed halves that come together into a perfect, villainous whole.

I can deal with Hiss' tik tok programming taking over Blast-Attak's mind from time to time, so long as the bully-boy Blast-Attak personality from the Star Comics is able to re-assert itself.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I don't like Blast Attack being magiced to Eternia by Skeletor. Seems kinda boring. Prefer the idea that he was a Snake Man that got blown to bits in battle and rebuilt as a cyborg. I see him as a suicide bomber who totally blows apart, not just into two halves. Then he has to hope his comrades gather up his parts and put him back together again as I find the idea amusing.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Blast Attack:

...and boom goes the dynamite.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Heroic Warrior
    My bio is that he is one of many made in a weapon factory.any faction can have a blast attack for their needs.currently this one is with the snake men.I like the idea of them having a robot

I have a mix of both origins for Blast Attak in my canon which coincides with the bio I have for Snakeman-at-Arms. I combined both.

Needing to bolster his forces to take over Castle Grayskull, Skeletor summoned evil warriors to aid him with a dark spell he had cast. From the demon world, Ninjor was summoned and from Robotica, the body splitting criminal known only as Blast Attak. Skeletor also brought forth Scareglow from his ghostly prison in Infinita, and finally Faker, who had fallen into the abyss beneath Castle Grayskull after a battle with He-man. Unbeknownst to Skeletor, a fifth being had been summoned who had cloaked himself from sight. This being turned out to be Man-at-Arms, an evil version from an alternate Eternia.

Blast Attak served Skeletor until the day when the Snake Men made their attack on Snake Mountain and was mortally wounded by Kobra Kahn. Duncan's evil twin, took Blast Attak into his secret hideout and attempted to bring him back to life to no avail. Duncan bid his time and after the defeat of King Hiss, he infiltrated the palace, captured the real Duncan and took his place while he schemed to overthrow King Randor.

On a mission to recapture King Hiss from Skeletor, evil Duncan was taken by King Hiss and turned into a Snake Man, since his DNA matched that of the real Duncan. Being from another dimension, the now Snakeman-at-Arms still retained his free will and took the opportunity and new power to now infiltrate the Snake Men. His newly found form granted him the knowledge to bring Blast Attak to life, in order to use him to lay waste to all his enemies. Blast Attak became alive once more by having nanomite technology and a nuclear battery source (obtained forcibly from Sortech).

With this new technology, Blast Attak is now a living, ticking time bomb ready to unleash devastating concussive blasts at his enemies when he splits in two, without causing harm to himself. With each blast, he slowly regains parts of his former life through flashbacks, which will make him even more dangerous once his full memories return.
    Last edited by Count Judas; May 24, 2015 at 09:08pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Wasn't the summoning from one of the vintage mini-comics, same as Ninjor?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Wasn't the summoning from one of the vintage mini-comics, same as Ninjor?
    In the mini-comic (I'm not sure which one), Skeletor summons Ninjor and Scareglow. The Star comic depicts Skeletor summoning Ninjor, Blast Attak, Scareglow and Faker.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'm toying with two bios...

In my Miniternia canon, he belonged to the original king of Castle Grayskull, prior to the apocalypse. He was part of the royal army, ala Tik-Tok of Oz.

In my regular canon, he did belong to He-Ro or King Grayskull, was stolen and reprogramed by the Snakemen to be a weapon against the heros. Upon their return, millennia later, he has to choose who to side with. Having been through similar situations, he and Faker become friends.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquinius View Post
    Also the idea of a character who can cause mass destruction, reform and cause more destruction seems way too overpowered for me. It seems like there needed to be more complexity to this character and even a sense of self-preservation.
    I'm completely fine with that part of it. I thought it was kind of an homage (intentional or unintentional) to Marvel's Nitro, who basically does the same 'explode and reform' thing, and has been around since the mid-70s.

I do think your idea that Blast Attak loses his memory each time he explodes and reforms is pretty cool, and provides a nice explanation for his switching allegiances and ability to be manipulated/used by multiple villainous factions. You could actually integrate the origin elements of your bio pretty well into the existing figure's bio by having Blast-Attak be a Gar scientist who transferred his consciousness into an android body he created, rather than using a suit of armor, in order to protect his invention from falling into the hands of invading Eternian forces (I'd guess that finding yourself in a robotic body could be painful and disorienting, too, although probably on more of a psychological than a physical level).

Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    I'm completely fine with that part of it. I thought it was kind of an homage (intentional or unintentional) to Marvel's Nitro, who basically does the same 'explode and reform' thing, and has been around since the mid-70s.

I do think your idea that Blast Attak loses his memory each time he explodes and reforms is pretty cool, and provides a nice explanation for his switching allegiances and ability to be manipulated/used by multiple villainous factions. You could actually integrate the origin elements of your bio pretty well into the existing figure's bio by having Blast-Attak be a Gar scientist who transferred his consciousness into an android body he created, rather than using a suit of armor, in order to protect his invention from falling into the hands of invading Eternian forces (I'd guess that finding yourself in a robotic body could be painful and disorienting, too, although probably on more of a psychological than a physical level).
    I do like that robot idea! I have to admit, I originally went with the armor idea because the only visible piece of "skin" was on his face which is obviously blue. Blue=gar and then you can see my thought process. But the robot idea is also neat because it has a hint of Arnim Zola in a way.

I have to admit too that I do incorporate a lot of psychological pain with this character as well to the point where he seeks destruction (his explosive power) as a way to escape pain and hopefully die but reanimates later.

Do you have a particular bio that you favor? You mentioned the original and Marvel's Nitro as some inspirations.
    Have YOU visited Man-At-Arm's Workshop yet?
    Man-At-Arm's Workshop is a new website dedicated to reviewing custom third party accessories for MOTUC. Check it out and find something to spice up your collection

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Grayskull Con Exclusive: Grayskull's Standard
    Cosmic Key Holder

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I am leaning towards making Blast Attack a cyborg Space Mutant and putting him on my NA shelf.
    July 2016 can't get here soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I am leaning towards making Blast Attack a cyborg Space Mutant and putting him on my NA shelf.
    He'd actually make a pretty awesome Space Mutant!

My bio for him is a bit weird. In mine, Stonedar was amongst the group that was turned into Snakes by King Hiss. Due to his unusual biological/cybernetic/stone physiology, he only barely survived the transformation. Snake Man-At-Arms stepped in and...Blast Attak!
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

photo BAbio_zpsumjpfmze.jpg
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Joey, I love how you formatted it to look so official!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Heroic Warrior
    He is skeletors evil robot warrior built by tri klops to combat roboto. The end.

I'm actually in the process of going through and rewriting all of the MOTUC bios to suit my own personal canon. Here's my bio for Blast Attack:

During his time as a snakeman under King Hiss’ command, Man-at-Arms created all manner of weapons, vehicles and technology for the reptilian overlord. One of Duncan’s deadliest creations was Blast Attak, a robot comprised entirely of microscopic nanites, granting the android the ability to violently detonate, causing overwhelming damage before reforming himself once again. Literally a walking timebomb, Blast Attak greatly increased the effectiveness of the Snakemen in battle until he was ultimately frozen by Icer post-detonation. Thawed and reprogrammed in Tri-Klops’ workshop, Skeletor gleefully added the mindless android to his own ranks and turned him against the Snakemen.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Joey, I love how you formatted it to look so official!
    Thank you! I really appreciate your appreciation!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess