Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spirit of Grayskull Arrival Thread

Spirit of Grayskull Arrival Thread

I got extremely lucky during this last EA sale and was one of the few subscribers that was able to place an order for the Spirit of Grayskull. Even more surprising, perhaps, is that Matty delivered all my figures (EA and Subs) within 48 hours!

Since there's still no Arrival Thread for SoG yet, I figured I'd share some pics, and my quick thoughts, for those who were curious about this figure...

I gotta say, he looks neater in person than in pics. I like the opaque plastic that they used here better than the translucent stuff they used on Spirit of Hordak. During the day, he can almost pass off as some type of jade statue...Which IMO gives him a more mystical feel than the bronze variant. So maybe this version of King Grayskull will feel more at home in Castle Grayskull...Or maybe I'm just trying to justify giving up on ever owning the super-expensive bronze version, heheh!

I really like the way they used a dark paint wash to accent his outfit and bring out the details. The only thing that seems a bit off is that they used this wash for the entire head and it kinda makes him look like he hasn't washed his face in ages. Anyway, the fun starts when the lights go off and King Grayskull starts glowing...

I've always liked Glow-in-the-Dark stuff (I keep Scareglow around where I can see him at night), so I was pretty excited to see how bright King Grayskull could get. Fortunately, he's a lot better than Zodak but still not as bright as Scareglow. As mentioned in other reviews, the paint wash creates a nice effect that allows you to still see some of the sculpted details in the dark.

There is one minor nitpick/concern that I noted, though...The plastic around the knees of my figure felt softer than others. It's kinda like a thick, gummy feeling where you can slightly bend the lower legs out sideways and possibly pop them out out of their pegs/sockets. It's similar to how the plastic becomes pliable after you heat it in a cup of boiling water. It's just at the knees, though, and the rest of the figure feels fine...I just wanted to give a heads-up to those who might try some more dynamic posing with this figure.

For me, though, Spirit of Grayskull will not be riding any Wind Raiders anytime soon, so he'll be fine standing around the castle with the Sorceress. Actually, the ankle joints on my figure turned out nice and tight so he's easy to stand up.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the quick pics! Hopefully, more collectors will have better opportunities to grab this figure in the future...I think he makes for a nice addition to Castle Grayskull!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

The pics are great! As someone who sold the Bronze version to both free up space and get extra funds to nab this GITD version, I'm very happy that he came out so well! Now I just need to get another crack at buying one... LOL!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Can't wait for mine to arrive. I just wish that they would have had the classic sword and the 200X sword rather then the classic Sword/Shield/Axe combo. The idea of a GITD 200X sword really appeals to me.

He looks great I have to say. If I had a Castle Grayskull I think I would have been more inclined to get one.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Does this come with my sub or do I need to purchase separately?
    "
    Like anyone could even know that

Quote Originally Posted by slgcmg View Post
    "
    You will need to purchase him separately when he goes back on sale (randomly throughout the year, or Early Access in I believe December).

Great pics.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

My Spirit has arrived in the UK! The box has 'Granita' on it...

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Which part of the box has Granita printed on it?

I really hope Granita gets done.

Ok, after taking a closer look, I have to correct one observation: Spirit of Grayskull can glow just as brightly as Scareglow! I just didn't charge up Grayskull enough when I made my original comparison but I'm happy to see that he can stand toe to toe with Scareglow...

Quote Originally Posted by slgcmg View Post
    You'll have to buy this figure separately either during the random chase periods on Matty or during December's Early Access. I recommend joining a mailing list here to get an instant update as soon as it becomes available. I was able to get Spirit of Hordak, a couple of years ago, thanks to fellow collectors here!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    The Granita copyright is shown on the bottom left corner of the back of the mailer box, along with Buzz-Off's...

I'd also love to see Granita made to go along with the rest of the Rock People/Comet Warriors!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    She was already on a box 2 years ago....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Another great figure for February! What a month!

This figure simply looks great, the glow feature is very bright, and the wash really brings out the detail.

Keep your eyes peeled for his reappearance, I'm sure a lot of you will really enjoy him! Good luck!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Very cool! Love glow in the dark stuff. Kinda disappointed that his armor doesn't come off, though. I have a feeling I'm going to end up ripping it off, because I NEED MY MIX-N-MATCH, YO!! If I can't swap around glowing stuff, I'm gona be frothing at the mouth. I need Scareglow to be wearing this stuff, STAT. Like now, people.

Oh, the figure! Right. He's awesome! Moves well and all that, and the paint wash just MAKES this guy. He almost works as a statue, too! I mean, for my purposes. I'm willing to give it some leeway.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Mine came in today, he looks great, the ankle tilt is in full swing here.

Mine has a loose right knee but otherwise a great figure!

I'm working from home today, so at lunch, I took this picture. (Being it was still setup from the other night)

GlowingGrayskull2015.jpg
    Last edited by He-bro; February 19, 2015 at 02:06pm.

WOW....bright figure...guess the toy companies have this GITD thing really figured out...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Got mine today. He is really, really awesome - much cooler than I expected! The green wash is great. I'll have to wait to get him fully charged to try the GITD, though.

Got my Glow In the Dark WWF Chyna yesterday!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    My only critique of this guy is that I wish he was in a crimson color, to match the Spirit as he appeared in the Filmation series.

10304784_10205218195707037_793199943496868400_n.jpg
    603830_10205218195347028_8444949251407516582_n.jpg
    12879_10205218195547033_890143721503392634_n.jpg
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    LOVE this figure. It is very cool in person and the Glow is super bright. I'm loving him at the door to Castle Grayskull!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    This figure looks awesome!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pleased with mine, but the face should have matched the torso. It looks odd in daylight and very weird when glowing.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk