Thread: Motu classics reissues

Hybrid View

Motu classics reissues

Hi all I was out for a while and sold some of my most loved figures a while ago. So now I do hope to buy a few of them back and try to get a few htf items I still want. I know matty said no reissues after man e faces. But it seems like I do see a lot of reissues on day of sales each month, holiday sales, left over stock, etc. Have matty reissue any figures after man-e-faces? Or is it really true that nothing has ever been reissue after him. I missed ram man, sorceress, teela, Fisto, granamyr and a few others. Any chance of a reissue? Or should I just pay up now and buy them. Just don't want to pay a lot now and have a reissue pop up again.

All that you see on sale days at the moment are left over stock.

I think you might see Granamyr again. Ram man might pop up again in a couple of months but it will be CS stock and probably less than 100 figures and they will be available for subbers first. The others you mention are so far gone that you will be paying top dollar for them.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    There is no reissue...period. All you are seeing in Early Access and Day sales are left over stock from customer service.

Ok sounds like I better mush, mush to get them soon. Thanks for all the feedback.

Snappy Threader
    I am hoping the line lasts long enough to get version 2 of certain characters. I think a lot of people would be happy getting Teela, Fisto or Tri-Klops, even if some things were a tad different.....

Technically there hasn't been an actual reissue for awhile. They started a higher production number and gave some of the figures a package with 'the original' on it. Since for most figures doing a second run with the minimum order left them with too much stock. Basically this time around no reissues means they scaled back the order on how many were made and won't be making more than one package.

Usually later in the year they will sell of customer service stock which is there to cover any initial damaged figures etc.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Any possibility for these reissues?

Since Toyguru is so 'keen' on repairing his relationship with dejected customers, listening to fan demand, and all that garbage. What is the potential to see some figures reissued?

Teela, Beastman, Scare-Glow, Whiplash, Tri-Klops, and Fisto's third secondary market prices are $100-$150 dollars. As I recall, all of these figures sold out. I can't add Shadoweaver to the list (sorry guys), as she was an exclusive. Personally, I can live without most of them in my collection (though I wouldn't mind Beastman), and since the demand is out there for them, any chances we will see a new run?

He could even put the offer up on a pre-order basis to see if there is enough interest to go into production, so there's no risk. I would order a few of them, if it meant obtaining the figures and keeping the money out of the hands of plastic scalpers.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; April 2, 2013 at 02:54pm.

The risk is when they did this in the past they got left with overstock of most of the figures. Then they went to a model where they produced more up front to later release them with a different package.

You also forget Teela in that list. But I have one of her now.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru has said multiple times that reissues will not happen. Once the customer service stock is gone, that's it. Sucks that it has to be that way, but that's how Mattel does business.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Toyguru has said multiple times that reissues will not happen. Once the customer service stock is gone, that's it. Sucks that it has to be that way, but that's how Mattel does business.

I was bored, and saw the prices had climbed substantially, so I thought I'd post and see what others had to say. If Mr. Personality TG has spoken, then I guess that's the end of that. Its sad though, considering there is demand, otherwise these online prices would not exist.

Maybe one day I'll scoop them up elsewhere.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I was bored, and saw the prices had climbed substantially, so I thought I'd post and see what others had to say. If Mr. Personality TG has spoken, then I guess that's the end of that. Its sad though, considering there is demand, otherwise these online prices would not exist.

Maybe one day I'll scoop them up elsewhere.
    Why do you not already have them?

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Thing is that it`s not demand that dictates reissue`s IMO it`s the time they take to sell. since Mattel can`t have reissues sellout in under 5 mins they decide that they don`t sell well even tho all custome service stock is gone but didn`t sellout in mins so they won`t be doing them again. I think it`s about how TG looks in this. Maybe he thinks if they don`t sell in mins that upper management may see him as a failure since the regular figures sellout at most times in under 5 mins. but this is all speculation

Heroic Warrior
    I personally don't see any reason they can't do a Pre-Order for reissues, and if they don't get enough orders to turn a profit they don't do the reissue, simple as that. I put up a poll on the Matty boards a while back suggesting exactly this and basically no one cared enough to even vote. So that either reflects what TG says and there just isn't enough interest, or the majority of people posting on the boards are the hardcores and already have these figs. Either way I don't see how you can realisticly judge customer interest based just on the "vocal minority" of the people that post on the Msg Boards.
    Only one way to find out, and that's do just put up the Pre-Order for reissues and see if enough sell. Seems like a no-brainer, but they clearly arent interested in doing reissues in any form anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The risk is when they did this in the past they got left with overstock of most of the figures.
    Exactly, but this would be resolved with a Pre-Order model. You fill the orders and make just enough extra for CS stock, vola, no extra left over stock eating up space.

I think, for now, they're focused on getting as many vintage heavy hitters out the door as they can. Instead of spending time retreading old territory, they want to bring the fans the figures they haven't seen before. Even a pre-order model is going to eat up resources that could be better spent achieving the goals they want to see.

Also, aside from what they hear a few vocal fans, Mattel doesn't really believe that the demand is there for reissues. And I don't see anything that's going to convince them otherwise right now, even if the secondary market prices are sky high. Who knows, maybe a year down the road we might see a reissue sub.

Ultimately though, the line will end, and prices will drop on these figures once people sell off their collections to fund the next big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Most on your list have been available more than once on Matty Collector. Sometimes that has been for the briefest of moments during sales. Teela and Fisto are the ones most people are upset about though, as they appeared only once.
    I think Teela has been available more than once. I am thinking closer to 3 or 4. I know at least once on a black friday sale and 2 times in the same month because I missed her both times, when I was trying to start my loose collection. You are correct on Fisto some subbers didn't even get him.

They are expensive but they will just go up so if you have the money you might want to try to snag yourself one of them every now and then. I jumped and bought Fisto, the Sorceress and Shadow Weaver right after they sold out for my loose collection. I think I spent about $250 on the 3. If you think about it just a single figure is now $27 plus shipping.

If Mattel went back to make 500 Fisto's They would probably have to sell him for 5 times the price just to break even.

I would like to see a pre-order sub for certain high demanded figures just to silence the mob.
    Last edited by Lipster; April 2, 2013 at 04:20pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

I've been arguing for an "All-Stars" sub since I first started posting. Pick the 6-8 figures which are most expensive, do a pre-order. If they don't get the minimum number of orders for the sub, it doesn't go forward. There is no possibility of Matty losing and it would be great for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    Maybe Scott toy guru might take notice? I really need a sorceress for my castle. I'm sure many others will soon who missed her.
    There would not be enough sold to make the figure. They would have to make a few thousand minimum...and only sell a few hundred.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eCollector View Post
    Exactly, but this would be resolved with a Pre-Order model. You fill the orders and make just enough extra for CS stock, vola, no extra left over stock eating up space.
    We have that now...the 2013 Subscription....soon the 2014 subscription.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572