Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motu classics reissues

Motu classics reissues

Hi all I was out for a while and sold some of my most loved figures a while ago. So now I do hope to buy a few of them back and try to get a few htf items I still want. I know matty said no reissues after man e faces. But it seems like I do see a lot of reissues on day of sales each month, holiday sales, left over stock, etc. Have matty reissue any figures after man-e-faces? Or is it really true that nothing has ever been reissue after him. I missed ram man, sorceress, teela, Fisto, granamyr and a few others. Any chance of a reissue? Or should I just pay up now and buy them. Just don't want to pay a lot now and have a reissue pop up again.

All that you see on sale days at the moment are left over stock.

I think you might see Granamyr again. Ram man might pop up again in a couple of months but it will be CS stock and probably less than 100 figures and they will be available for subbers first. The others you mention are so far gone that you will be paying top dollar for them.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    There is no reissue...period. All you are seeing in Early Access and Day sales are left over stock from customer service.

Ok sounds like I better mush, mush to get them soon. Thanks for all the feedback.

Snappy Threader
    I am hoping the line lasts long enough to get version 2 of certain characters. I think a lot of people would be happy getting Teela, Fisto or Tri-Klops, even if some things were a tad different.....

Technically there hasn't been an actual reissue for awhile. They started a higher production number and gave some of the figures a package with 'the original' on it. Since for most figures doing a second run with the minimum order left them with too much stock. Basically this time around no reissues means they scaled back the order on how many were made and won't be making more than one package.

Usually later in the year they will sell of customer service stock which is there to cover any initial damaged figures etc.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

As for the sorceress, shouldn't they make her a essential figure to keep around all year just like the other main characters? I mean like you said for every castle they sell we all will need a sorceress. Then matty will make so much more money. Win win for both sides.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    As for the sorceress, shouldn't they make her a essential figure to keep around all year just like the other main characters? I mean like you said for every castle they sell we all will need a sorceress. Then matty will make so much more money. Win win for both sides.
    I think this is an outstanding idea.

I also think Teela should be be reissued in some way for those of you who missed her, Tri-Klops as well..... (possibly with Filmation style weapons and head sculpts?)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think this is an outstanding idea.

I also think Teela should be be reissued in some way for those of you who missed her, Tri-Klops as well..... (possibly with Filmation style weapons and head sculpts?)
    Maybe Scott toy guru might take notice? I really need a sorceress for my castle. I'm sure many others will soon who missed her.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Sorry, but it is just not going to happen. The line is closer to its end than its beginning. They simply are not going to add to the "essentials" at this point, much less reinstitute reissues. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the trade section of this site.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    As far as I know, most of the essentials were leftovers (replacement stock and such). Maybe He-Man and Skeletor got another run, but from what they've said about re-issues and such, my bet would be they were what was left from the last respective re-releases of those characters. They've come right out and said that aside from He-Man, the re-releases didn't sell enough to warrant continuing them. I honestly can't see Mattel not re-using the molds for re-issues if they were making money doing so, so I have no reason to doubt what they were saying here.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    As far as I know, most of the essentials were leftovers (replacement stock and such). Maybe He-Man and Skeletor got another run, but from what they've said about re-issues and such, my bet would be they were what was left from the last respective re-releases of those characters. They've come right out and said that aside from He-Man, the re-releases didn't sell enough to warrant continuing them. I honestly can't see Mattel not re-using the molds for re-issues if they were making money doing so, so I have no reason to doubt what they were saying here.
    Take a look at the new figures selling out regularly in minutes, and the skyrocketing prices on Ebay. The fact is that a whole bunch of new collectors are only now finding out about this line because of the Grayskull pre-sale. Things are only going to get "worse" when they actually release the thing. Events like this are exactly what can change a company's stance on reissues.

Figures selling out in minutes aren't just because of newer people coming in, there are also people who have left. But the real reason is they bottomed out the production numbers. The last two years matty has been left with lots of overstock, because the second year of the line Scalpers got ahold of the line and then dropped out when they weren't making money off the figures.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Take a look at the new figures selling out regularly in minutes, and the skyrocketing prices on Ebay. The fact is that a whole bunch of new collectors are only now finding out about this line because of the Grayskull pre-sale. Things are only going to get "worse" when they actually release the thing. Events like this are exactly what can change a company's stance on reissues.
    One would certainly think so No-Ah. I know Matty's stance, and I know they think they had bad luck with re-issues, so it owuld take osmething big to get some, but as much as I want them some for myself and some for newbies just getting in to the line, I figure we won't see few if any unless the movie ever comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    One would certainly think so No-Ah. I know Matty's stance, and I know they think they had bad luck with re-issues, so it owuld take osmething big to get some, but as much as I want them some for myself and some for newbies just getting in to the line, I figure we won't see few if any unless the movie ever comes along.
    A movie would more likely get another line to support it. Interest in MOTUC would bump up a bit, but chances are at that point most won't stay around since they would be dealing with mostly secondary market costs. Which at that point would start going up.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Figures selling out in minutes aren't just because of newer people coming in, there are also people who have left. But the real reason is they bottomed out the production numbers. The last two years matty has been left with lots of overstock, because the second year of the line Scalpers got ahold of the line and then dropped out when they weren't making money off the figures.
    You are correct about the tight production numbers. They want zero leftover stock for future sales and are just producing enough to fill the subs with a few extra for day of sales. There was not a lot of leftover stock from last year at all. That is why alot of those figures are starting to climb in price. Couple in the fact that so many people dropped the 2013 sub and I am not surprised that the secondary market is booming. Everyone only wants certain figures and did not want the whole year. It's kinda funny too, the ones that dropped the sub are probley the ones driving up the prices on individual figures now.

Not sure where your evidence is or why you want to blame scalpers for any of the lines demise. In a sense isn't BBTS a scalper? They buy for $25.00 and sell for $40.00+. At what point does selling a figure for a profit = scalping? $5.00? $10.00? $50.00? I am not ashamed to say I sold my extra Shadow Weaver last year for over $100.00. I am also still sitting on my extra Star Sisters cause I can't get anywhere near the $60.00 ($70.00 when you factor in taxes and shipping) break even number.

That doesn't explain the skyrocketing prices on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    You are correct about the tight production numbers. They want zero leftover stock for future sales and are just producing enough to fill the subs with a few extra for day of sales. There was not a lot of leftover stock from last year at all. That is why alot of those figures are starting to climb in price. Couple in the fact that so many people dropped the 2013 sub and I am not surprised that the secondary market is booming. Everyone only wants certain figures and did not want the whole year. It's kinda funny too, the ones that dropped the sub are probley the ones driving up the prices on individual figures now.

Not sure where your evidence is or why you want to blame scalpers for any of the lines demise. In a sense isn't BBTS a scalper? They buy for $25.00 and sell for $40.00+. At what point does selling a figure for a profit = scalping? $5.00? $10.00? $50.00? I am not ashamed to say I sold my extra Shadow Weaver last year for over $100.00. I am also still sitting on my extra Star Sisters cause I can't get anywhere near the $60.00 ($70.00 when you factor in taxes and shipping) break even number.
    Early figures jumped in price on the secondary market, people who came in just to resell figures at a higher cost came in buying up figures hoping to turn some cash.

I wouldn't consider reselling a Shadow Weaver a scalper even at a higher than retail price, she's a rare figure.

I didn't blame them for the lines demise, I was saying their purchases made Mattel look at increasing production numbers.

BBT would if they could get figures from Matty for whole sale prices, and most of the mark up they put on figures is to account for shipping they have to deal with. Also some figures are increased to account for having to lower cost on other figures from their subs.

Note someone doing that is also not a scalper.

Scalpers are the ones who say He-man was going for 50-60 bucks and wanted to get in on that 30-40 dollar (minus shipping) increase to their wallet.

I will tip my hand on something I would like to buy a King He-man for about 75+ shipping. Where as most other figures at most I would be willing to pay figure cost shipping to me, maybe the initial shipping the seller paid for. Which should equal to just over 40 bucks when all is said and done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    That doesn't explain the skyrocketing prices on Ebay.
    I did mention new people coming in, which do account for those prices. I have only been buying figures since around September of last year. Mattel has explicitly said as far as production numbers go this is the lowest numbers they have made.
    Last edited by wyldman11; March 8, 2013 at 12:26pm.

Heroic Warrior
    TG's "roadmap" only includes getting new figures out. He has posted a few times that the aftermarket is the place to go if one wants past figures. While I would personally buy some reissued older figs I don't think the demand is there to sell through an entire run to Mattys satisfaction.

Snappy Threader
    A movie would more likely get another line to support it. Interest in MOTUC would bump up a bit, but chances are at that point most won't stay around since they would be dealing with mostly secondary market costs. Which at that point would start going up.
    Oh I agree with that. A lot of people are already jumping ship, and while it would be a new line, I wouldn't expect Matty to pony up the dough to make new molds, likely just new colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    TG's "roadmap" only includes getting new figures out. He has posted a few times that the aftermarket is the place to go if one wants past figures. While I would personally buy some reissued older figs I don't think the demand is there to sell through an entire run to Mattys satisfaction.
    I think a select few would sell through fast for Matty...Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Teela, Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, Whiplash, Tri-Klops to name a few but they are some of the more iconic characters that most consider to be must-haves. I know it takes a lot of money to cycle through a re-issue....I think it may just depend how long the line lasts. Like Wyldman said, a movie may raise interest in classics.....or if for some reason things just go the right way and the line reaches the same popularity as it had a couple of years ago.....I mean, I could see where possibly they may re-visit some, but only if the line really takes off and it goes well beyond the 2014/2015 rumors we have been hearing. I just hate the fact that some of our friends have missed out on some of these...but, to counter-point....all other toylines with exception of Star Wars are kind of one and done with releases...the recent releases of Marvel Legends for instance....I doubt they will be re-issuing any older figs (yeah I know they sahred some molds with some of their other lines..Dr. Doom in particular) but for the most part, if you miss em, they are gone.....but again, they are widely retail available...so the point is moot in most cases. It's just a twisted around side-ways and backwards issue. I can see both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    As far as I know, most of the essentials were leftovers (replacement stock and such). Maybe He-Man and Skeletor got another run, but from what they've said about re-issues and such, my bet would be they were what was left from the last respective re-releases of those characters. They've come right out and said that aside from He-Man, the re-releases didn't sell FAST enough to warrant continuing them. I honestly can't see Mattel not re-using the molds for re-issues if they were making money doing so, so I have no reason to doubt what they were saying here.
    Fixed

Any possibility for these reissues?

Since Toyguru is so 'keen' on repairing his relationship with dejected customers, listening to fan demand, and all that garbage. What is the potential to see some figures reissued?

Teela, Beastman, Scare-Glow, Whiplash, Tri-Klops, and Fisto's third secondary market prices are $100-$150 dollars. As I recall, all of these figures sold out. I can't add Shadoweaver to the list (sorry guys), as she was an exclusive. Personally, I can live without most of them in my collection (though I wouldn't mind Beastman), and since the demand is out there for them, any chances we will see a new run?

He could even put the offer up on a pre-order basis to see if there is enough interest to go into production, so there's no risk. I would order a few of them, if it meant obtaining the figures and keeping the money out of the hands of plastic scalpers.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; April 2, 2013 at 03:54pm.

The risk is when they did this in the past they got left with overstock of most of the figures. Then they went to a model where they produced more up front to later release them with a different package.

You also forget Teela in that list. But I have one of her now.

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru has said multiple times that reissues will not happen. Once the customer service stock is gone, that's it. Sucks that it has to be that way, but that's how Mattel does business.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.