Thread: A new Motu Missourian joins the forum!

A new Motu Missourian joins the forum!

Long time forum guest who was always too lazy to actually sign up for an account, so after years of just reading I'll actually be able to respond for a change. A bit about me, I live in southeast Missouri, the area that we call the bootheel.I have very little spare time because I work two jobs. I am an art teacher by day and I own and run Monster Tattoo Studio in the afternoons and late evenings. I was introduced to the Masters of the Universe toyline by my father who worked on the road and who I did not see very much in my youth. Every now and then though I would get a letter or package from him, and one of the first toys he ever sent me was Skeletor. Skeletor is easily my favorite character still to this day, and I've always rooted for the villains over the heroes for some reason. Once my father and I realized we we had found a way to connect through these characters we quickly began collecting as many as we could, him more so than me because he traveled all over while I was a kid who could barely ride a bike much less track down action figures. I quit collecting motu when the new adventures started, because I never liked the He-Man and Skeletor in space theme. When the MYP 200X series revamped the mythos I was thrilled, and started collecting again. I have been collecting the new Masters of the Universe Classics line since the beginning, good thing about having two jobs, having money to buy toys.

Glad you have came in from out of the shadows!Welcome to the boards from a fellow Missourian!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It's always good to have another admirer of evil around, Colossor. You just gotta look out for #1. But don't step in #2!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    It's always good to have another admirer of evil around, Colossor. You just gotta look out for #1. But don't step in #2!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_91s-Zkod9G...+to+school.jpg
    ICER

Welcome to He-Man.org! Hope you enjoy your time here
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Colossor!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Heroic Warrior
    Welcome Colossor.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Thanks all for the warm welcome looking forward to posting some art and meeting fellow fans. Icer what part of Missouri?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossor View Post
    Thanks all for the warm welcome looking forward to posting some art and meeting fellow fans. Icer what part of Missouri?
    I'm from the bootheel as well near Cape.
    ICER

Wow, I had always assumed I was the only hardcore he-fan around the bootheel, why I would assume that I don't really know. I'm from Sikeston but I'm normally in cape at least one a week buying comic books with my son.

At Marvels an Legends ?
    ICER

We mostly go to the Comic Strip right down the road for our new comics, and Marvel and Legends for Toys or to look through the dollar boxes. Occasionally we will check Hastings, with a stop by Toys R Us to check out marvel universe and transformers for me and to check skylanders and ben10 and sonic for my son Seth. We usually hit up hamburger express, or BG's deli, their Dagwood Bumstead sandwich is awesome.

Love BG's potato skins there the best!I'll pm you.
    ICER