Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Con 2013 in Germany - Official Thread and News and Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    This due to a request of a very confused Finn who sat all the way through this Panel where the famed Sebastian was talking, and not understanding a single word...
    Hey Juk, are you planning on doing your planned panel/presentation from last year that was on your failed USB stick? It would be great to finally see that
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Hey Juk, are you planning on doing your planned panel/presentation from last year that was on your failed USB stick? It would be great to finally see that
    This year I have a new panel-topic.

The material from the old presentation will be incorporated in upcoming Scrolls of Eternia-videos under the "MYP Retrospective" banner.

Awesome! I so wish I could be there to see that.

Well... Just hop onto a plane and come here
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Well... Just hop onto a plane and come here
    I definitely wish I could! I think Grayskull Con is a great show and folks should definitely go check it out. I'm thinking maybe 2014 once I can save up some money.

It would be SO awesome to have you again at the show in 2014. Letīs try to make it happen, shall we?
    Positivity, folks!

*crosses fingers* I hope to!

You all really treated me well and made me feel special while I was there in 2012. Thank you for that! It meant and still means a lot.

Val, I'll happily drive you around again. Or you can come visit me at my place this time
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

This is awesome... and the raffle prize of a Filmation sub is a great idea! Hope it's an awesome con.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    @ "don't panic" I want that as a T-Shirt!
    I think I can arrange for that
    Positivity, folks!

He-Fans and She-Ravers!

We kind of teased it over the past few days, but now it is finally official: We have the great pleasure to announce our latest guest, the master of swords, Mr. Anthony "BLADE" De Longis!

As most of you know, Anthony played the character of Blade in the 1987 live-action movie. He also was co-choreographer and Frank "Skeletor" Langella's broadsword stunt double. Anthony also demonstrated his passion for MOTU and his joy for the fans last year, when he appeared in an advertisement for John F. Carrolls third MOTU fanfilm "Trials of Darksmoke".

Even though Anthony's passion for MOTU is very high, he just can't travel to Germany for free. While Anthony is able to step back from a lot of his regular booking fees, there are still travel and accommodation expenses for him and his assistant that can not be covered by the convention fees alone.

Thatīs why we want to introduce the "Meet and Greet" program!

Within the MAG we offer several cool perks that fans can claim. And when there is clearly enough fan demand until May 31st, we will be able to welcome the master of blades to Grayskull Con in Muennerstadt, Germany.

Stage 1: For 5€ you can enjoy a screening of his award winning short films "Blood Trail" (15 mins) and "Blood Trail 2 - The Trail Home" (45 mins) with Q&A afterwards. As with all good film screenings, a bag of popcorn is also included.

Stage 2: For 10€ you will get a fantastic signed and personalized souvenir photo of you and Anthony De Longis, printed on high quality photo paper.

Stage 3: For 20€ you can take part in his spectacular swordfighting workshop.

Stage 4: Finally, 50€ grants the actual MAG. This option is strictly limited to 20 people and includes the following perks:

- Screening of the films from stage 1.
    - Signed souvenir photo from stage 2.
    - Up to 5 additional free autographs on items you provide (e.g. movie poster, photos, dvd cover etc.)
    - Reserved front row seats in all panels and shows that Anthony participates in.
    - Lunch on Saturday with Anthony and all our other convention guests in a separate dining room.

And there you have it! Good luck to all of us in making this happen!
    Positivity, folks!

Wow, this looks like an awesome show! If only I wasn't half a world away!

Very cool with Mr. De Longis!

No announcement for today, but instead a little teaser.

Every year we are doing our best to come up with cool little con-exclusives that fans might like.

In 2011 we had "The Grey King", sculpted by the awesome Tom "Royalt1us" Tolman next to the Dungeon Diorama base sculpted by the equally awesome Don Schomer (and if we had known that 2 years later a Castle Grayskull playset would be available without this dungeon piece, we would have offered more )

Last year we had a brand new mini-comic drawn by the master of vintage-style, Daniele "Danbrenus" Spezzani, and propably the hugest MOTUC Ultimate Battleground poster ever made, coming in at almost 50" by 24" and drawn by the incredible Andrew "Iceman" Cramer.

This year weīll have some exciting con-exclusives again. And one of them will be sculpted by non less than the creator of the impressive MOTUC-scaled Filmation Attak Trak and sculptor of boxart-artist Rudy Obreroīs Manta Raider.
    Yes, I am talkig about the fantastic Joe Amaro!

We will not yet announce what heīs sculpting, but it will be in scale to some of the largest MOTU pieces ever made in MOTU history. We couldnīt be more excited about this and we are looking forward to seeing first pictures of the sculpt. But knowing Joe, we already know it will be brilliant.

Stay tuned!

- - - Updated - - -

So that you have a rough reference as to where we currently are with Anthony De Longis and the MAG.

- - - Updated - - -

And hereīs some more news!

We are happy to announce Robert Lamb for Grayskull Con!

Mr. Lamb is best known for his contribution to the Filmation cartoon. His storyboards for e.g. House of Shokoti, Fistos Forest or Dragons Gift helped making these episodes legendary!
    Unfortunatly, due to personal circumstances, Mr. Lamb cannot come to Grayskull Convention in person. However, we will have a live Video-Chat with him where he will speak of his Filmation memories and answer fans questions.

In addition to Anthony De Longis appearance at Grayskull Con, we are starting a raffle!
    Between all visitors that already paid their tickets to Grayskull Con 2013, we are raffling off amazing prices:

If you paid between March and April, you can win a grand-package:
    - SDCC 2012 exclusive variant cover of DC mini-series #1
    - Grayskull Con 2012 exclusive mini-comic "Menace from the past"
    - 3 artprints of 200x comiccover by MVCreations

If you pay between May and July, you can win the silver-package:
    - 1 artprint of 200x comiccover by MVCreations

If you pay in August, you can win:
    Positivity, folks!

Widget
    And here it is - the first testshot of this year's exclusive Minicomic: Under Grayskull's Flag. Mr. Danbrenus gets better and better, but see it for yourself:

http://grayskull-con.blog.de/2013/05...aled-15825554/

Mr Don Glut supports the Grayskull-Con:

http://grayskull-con.blog.de/2013/05...mics-16061561/

Only THREE DAYS LEFT to raise enough money for Anthony De Longisī appearance at Grayskull Con.

Help make Anthony a happy man and bring him to Germany!

Positivity, folks!

Widget

And hereīs an unfortunate news regarding Anthony De Longisī appearance at the show.

We needed a certain amount of money to get Anthony abroad. We were prepared to come up with half of the money needed when fans would "crowdfund" the other half. We offered some cool perks to claim and there were indeed several fans willing to pay additional funds to make Anthonyīs appearance happen. But all in all, only a third of the neccessary amount of money could be raised.

We fought as hard as we could and tried to compensate the missing amount of money, but there simply was no way we could afford this.

If you have ordered and prepaid any MAG-stage, we will immediatly refund the total amount of money for stages 1 to 3. If you ordered a stage 4 MAG, we will... no. Weīre not ready to spill the beans just yet. Expect some major news within the next few days.
    Last edited by DJ Force; June 10, 2013 at 05:49pm.
    Positivity, folks!

Ugh. That stinks. Sorry. But I'm sure the con is still going to be awesome!

It was kind of a throwback for us, too. But donīt worry, weīll do our best to make up for that ;-)

Meanwhile, there is some good news, everybody!

todays topic covers one of our very first convention-exclusives of Grayskull Con 2011: The "King of Castle Grayskull" painting by MOTU fan SimoSol.
    In 2011 we were able to offer a signed and limited to 100 artprint of this awesome original oilpainting and we even put up the original for display in the exhibition. Many fans and collectors expressed their wish to display the original painting in their collection. Of course, only one person can do so.

So this year we are giving one lucky fan the chance to own the original framed painting, because SimoSol asked us to put it up for sale during a live-auction at the convention!

The paintingīs measures are app. 31.5" by 39.5". The frame adds an additional 1.5" to each side.

The live-auction takes place saturday night of the convention.
    Starting bid is 150 Euros.
    Up to 300 Euros, bidding is in steps of 25 Euros. From 300 Euros on, bidding is in steps of 50 Euros or by calling a price.
    The live-auction is limited to visitors of the convention.
    Bidding by phone or writing is not allowed.

The painting will be given to the highest bidder after full payment is received. Cash, paypal or bank transfer are valid means of payment.

Exact conditions and all further, relevant infos can be found in the program guide as well as announcements at the show and by asking the con-staff.

We all hope you enjoy the show and the live-auction!
    Positivity, folks!

and propably the hugest MOTUC Ultimate Battleground poster ever made, coming in at almost 50" by 24" and drawn by the incredible Andrew "Iceman" Cramer.
    Hey Im still waiting for my copies!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

They are in the mail (finally!!!) and should be at yours any day now, depending on how fast the postal service delivers from Europe to Sout Africa.
    We sincerely appologize for the insane delay.
    Positivity, folks!

LOL awesome man! Thanks!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Weīre updating our Facebook page constantly with new teaser images and it would be very unfair if we didnīt do the same here.

So here are the latest pics, and of course all have to do with Grayskull Con 2013

- - - Updated - - -

We canīt decide: Which illustration do you like best?

Positivity, folks!

- - - Updated - - -

We canīt decide: Which illustration do you like best?
    I like No 2 with Skeletor pointing to the skies with his sword.