Thread: MOTUC Spider-Man Crossover

Court Magician

MOTUC Spider-Man Crossover

Wanted to make a figure for my 4yr old son who is just starting to get into superheroes and is still a little young for MOTU Classics, but I thought this might be a cool intro for him. He likes Spider-Man so even though I have already bought official Marvel versions, he gets his own custom version first. Used MOTUC The Mighty Spector as a base, added Demo-Man shins/lower legs, and Stratos sock feet. Painted Spidey in classic red and blue colors with black outline minus the black webs on the classic suit.....because I'm not that good at fine details, but you get the idea. I like how he turned out and he's easy to repaint should my son really trash him up because this is meant to be played with and not displayed. Pictured with Marvel Legends Spiderman Classics Series II Rhino to show that Spidey isn't a skinny teenager anymore. Any suggestions/critiques would be welcomed because I'm still learning so I can use all the help you can give me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Snappy Threader
    That is very cool mikey, the pieces you picked in your recipe are very clever.

Court Magician
    Thanks iron_pride! My son laughs when he sees him and tells me "Daddy, he's too big!" 4yr olds.....what do they know!

Its a pretty good paint job. The webs are tough to do but i think he looks like a nice addition to the motuc universe. There's always the inter-dimensional portal to tie the two worlds together.
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

Best use of a Spector yet! Nice pain job but I'd hit him with a matte sealant or dull-coat to take away a little of that shine.

Coolness! Your son must love it!

Heroic Warrior
    I love crossover figures. It'd be cool if you did Ironman or wolverine. I always thought it would be funny to make buzz lightyear from Optikk.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUalberta View Post
    Its a pretty good paint job. The webs are tough to do but i think he looks like a nice addition to the motuc universe. There's always the inter-dimensional portal to tie the two worlds together.
    Thanks! Yeh, I tried painting a couple of thin straight lines and I failed miserably. I can see Spidey vs any MOTUC version of the Sinister Six!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Best use of a Spector yet! Nice pain job but I'd hit him with a matte sealant or dull-coat to take away a little of that shine.
    Yeh, I wasn't a fan of Spector, but he did remind me of GI JOE Snake Eyes. I was thinking a Deadpool custom at first, but my kid only knows Spidey, Batman, Ironman, and Superman at this point. So Spidey it was! I'm gonna go get some matte sealant, think your right that it would look better with less shine.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Coolness! Your son must love it!
    So far, and the more he sees Spiderman clothing, backpacks, cups, toys, he knows I made him one! He says he has Spiderman every time he sees him at the stores!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzysim3 View Post
    I love crossover figures. It'd be cool if you did Ironman or wolverine. I always thought it would be funny to make buzz lightyear from Optikk.
    Ironman would be sweet, but I especially like that Wolverine idea. I think I will start looking for some spare parts to come up with a MOTUC Wolverine. Head: modified Tri-Klops or Trap Jaw (Kronis). Torso: Zodac. Arms: Zodac or Tri-Klops. Legs: not quite sure....gotta look at them. Claws....similar to Draego-Man's Horns.