View Poll Results: Did the FFM affect your decision to subscribe for 2013?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! I subbed and they had no affect on my decisions.

88 65.67%
  • Yes! They made me sub when I wouldn't have if they were not included.

3 2.24%
  • Yes! I did not sub because of them.

12 8.96%
  • Yes! I subscribed, but I would have bought more/multiple subs if they had not been included.

18 13.43%
  • Yes! I bought *more* subscriptions than I would have because I wanted more of them.

1 0.75%
  • No! I did not sub and they didn't affect my decision at all.

12 8.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the FFM affect your decision to subscribe for 2013?

Heroic Warrior

Did the FFM affect your decision to subscribe for 2013?

Did the FFM affect your decision to subscribe for 2013?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, I wasn't going to subscribe anyways so the FFM had no bearing on that decision.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Nope, I like em.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

No! I subbed and they had no affect on my decisions.

I subbed anyway. They did not affected my decision but they had a great deal of influence towards not subbing. In the end Ram man won the battle against the FFM

I wanted to be all-in this year and not deal with monthly DOS, so I don't have a problem receiving the FFM. If anything, this year is shaping up better than what it looked like when the subs were announced. Castaspella and Mantenna were huge wants for me, NA He-Man looks better than I expected, and the Filmation sub is a sweet surprise. To be honest, the 2013 lineup looked a bit weak at first with only Ram Man and, to a smaller extent, Jitsu as the big incentives to buy in but overall, it's looking good for the last year of diversity and new figures before it all goes back to being vintage-based. I know I'm in the minority but I'd rather have the Fighting Foe Men before Dragstor, Sssqueeze, and Saurod. I just feel some of the newer concepts are nicer than some of the last-wave figures when the line was fading out, that's all. Not all vintage MOTU stuff was gold, IMO!

I subbed because I honestly thought 2013 was going to be like 2012 only lighter....but the reveals to me were lacking a little....I would have preferred a non 3-pack because it will make a $100 plus shipping month.

But I planned to sell off a few, and still will some coming figures, but Jitsu & Netossa grew on me, and Jitsu more than Netossa, despite the shrunken head. I however don't care in the least for NA He-Man & Karatti, nor do I care for the coming Geldor, and I really don't know if I'll like Octavia or not either.

Mantenna, Ram Man, Castaspella, Jitsu & Fang Man, are what's making the sub worth it to me, the Foe Men are alright despite the $75 price tag, I however don't like that the Shield Maiden's visor is solid and not transparent or removable, or at least a second head, same with the Talon Fighter pilot....but at least his visor is clear. The Roton dude makes the set for me.

Basically, I gave no real thought to the Foe Men at all being in the sub, aside from dreading that $100+ month.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yes, they did. I think they're great and their presence helped convince me to sub.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Yes, they did. I think they're great and their presence helped convince me to sub.
    Same here. Had it been another 3-pack, or something large I didn't want, I would have paused and thought even longer and harder about subscribing to help 'save teh lien'. I only really wanted Ram Man and Jitsu from the others that were revealed, but these were the icing on the cake for me.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I was getting a sub anyway & I love the ffm.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

I would have bought more/multiple subs if they had not been included. I have 2, but would have bought 3 or 4 if without the FFM. Such high-ticket items should have their own add-on sub independent of the main sub.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    I like the FFM but was subing regardless.

I really hope their chests aren't weird because of the interchangable plates. I've got plans for the Talon Pilot.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    vOTED - No! I subbed and they had no affect on my decisions.

really glad they're coming now though.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

No, I subbed and they had no effect on my decisions...but I do like them. Just not so much they were the reason I subbed.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I didn't start collecting till after the sub push last year. Not sure I would have subbed. I am buying the FFM without a sub, but they didn't influence me to or not to sub.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

They didn't really affect it one way or another, but I'm glad to have two sets coming! I'll be displaying them with and without Horde symbols!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    I say people that voted for the first option should think something like, what if this FFM slot had been replaced by a Movie 3 Pack or Horde Trooper 3 Pack, would i not have liked it more?

That should more be it's own option. But also that option could replace many figures for people. For example I know people would have rather had Two Bad this year and Ram Man next year. Does that mean they don't like Ram Man?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    I like the figures, but I would have subbed anyways.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I would have subbed if not for the FFM. Now I'm almost glad I didn't, as I have zero interest in some of this year's figures like Karati.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

no real effect except made me more excited for this year. of course i subbed regardless

Them, Netossa, and King He-Man were the reasons why I didn't sub. From the little we were previewed, I didn't HAVE to buy $125 worth of product that I didn't want.

Snappy Threader
    I would have subbed anyway, but I love the FFM. Netossa and King He-Man however, I do not love.

Heroic Warrior
    I subbed because I didn't want to miss out on any figures this year. Best decision ever. I'm an all in kind of guy when it comes to Masters. I love each and every figure, no matter their flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I say people that voted for the first option should think something like, what if this FFM slot had been replaced by a Movie 3 Pack or Horde Trooper 3 Pack, would i not have liked it more?
    nope.
    no reason for a horde trooper 3 pack (honestly no reason for a 2 pack also, as long as it's not coming with different heads), and were gonna get the movie figures next year anyway.

I also dont know why a lot of people is trying to know if they will be the new star sisters one way or another (I remember a simil thread one year ago). they're not, everyone knows that.

star sisters were fan demanded only by POP fans and got an ugly execution. FFM are may be more obscure respect the sisters but when they came up, staring at their designs, we realized how great they are.