Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2013 Shipping Thread - (Extra for Shipping Free Map as Much as Full Figure)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I got charged $37.50. Doesn't seem too bad considering its for two figures.

Shipping is nuts these days. I bought a pair of shoes online that I had to return. It cost over 20 bucks for UPS.

Plus DR gotta get paid too. Does their cut come from the shipping and "handling" fees or is it built in to the cost of the figure? You can't forget that while they blow, they do provide a service which can't be free...
    DR would be paid by Mattel for (not) providing customer service. So i would assume DR is included in the overall cost for the figure.
    DR on the other hand pays the shipping company and is passing these costs to the customer.

I agree with very high and rising shipping costs, but between february and march? by this amount? that would be very unlikely.
    It is more likely, that the DR screwed up and accounted the map as a fully tooled figure.

I wouldn't be surprised that MOTU SDCC 2013 exclusive shall be revealed earlier now
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I was charged $30 and it is $15 each and doesn't seem much but last month I was charged $21 for an extremely heavy figure and a regular one! Usually the shipping depends on the weight, and now seems that they charge you $21 for both figures and $9 for the map! So they calculated the shipping according to how many figures you get. FFM and Karati in may would be the most expensive shipping ever since they would be like 4 figures!

As many fellow UK collectors have said International shipping this month is ridiculous - $30.15 compared with $21.70 last month - an order which included the large figure Ram Man.

Toyguru - are we really being charged an extra $10 shipping for a sheet of paper?

This shipping issue needs to be sorted quickly - or I can see many not wanting to put up with the hassle next year, me included.

No more excuses or 'we're looking into it' - customers should not be messed around like this.

master of hiphop
    yep got the email and charge.. 30.15 to ship a piece of paper and two figures.. last year it was 9.90.. can anyone say CROOKS!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

C'mon, is it not clear?

International
    1 regular figure > 13.85
    2 regular figures > 21.70 (even with Ram Man)
    3 regular figures > 30.15

They have actually considered the Map sku as a figure sku!

Also, considering that King He-Man is a "free" figure for Club Eternia 2013 Subscription, which had a sign up fee of $25, shipping on that figure should be waived as well. Past years it wasn't a problem since anyone were able to get 2 figures shipped for the same shipping rate as one.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

The cost of shipping is definitely starting to "really annoy me". The fact that you pay double the shipping for 2 figures, triple shipping for 3 figures; that is just absurd... Don't even get me started on that damn map.

master of hiphop
    from TG..

Mattycolletor has zero control over shipping. What you are paying is the cost to ship an item. I wish we could afford to subsidize shipping but we simple don't have the vol to do that. In the end this is a relatively modest size business compared to some other e-tail sites out there. We are not gouging customers or using shipping as a profit center. We are simply passing the actual cost of shipping to the consumer.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Shipping is nuts these days. I bought a pair of shoes online that I had to return. It cost over 20 bucks for UPS.

Plus DR gotta get paid too. Does their cut come from the shipping and "handling" fees or is it built in to the cost of the figure? You can't forget that while they blow, they do provide a service which can't be free...
    So, it costs so much extra for someone to stick a piece of paper in a box with 2 figures then, for 2 seconds of work? Damn, What they must make hourly then....

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    from TG..

Mattycolletor has zero control over shipping. What you are paying is the cost to ship an item. I wish we could afford to subsidize shipping but we simple don't have the vol to do that. In the end this is a relatively modest size business compared to some other e-tail sites out there. We are not gouging customers or using shipping as a profit center. We are simply passing the actual cost of shipping to the consumer.
    ********....Matty could ship USPS and be cheaper and cut out Cornerstone, plus the added shipping for a piece of paper is also ********. DR charges a flat rate, shipping could be cheaper if it was weight based like it should be. If you could order the map alone, DR would charge $9.90 still for the cheapest option, so I don't want to hear the ******** that they have no control over it.

Other sites that don't use cornerstone only USPS, Fed Ex & UPS are slightly if not more cheaper than DR will ever be, and the price would be worth it if the shipping was actually faster....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Digital River is overcharging for shipping this month, no doubt. They are calculating the map as an additional item and assigning the same weight to it as a standard figure. That is not accurate at all.

I have a notice too--but when I look at order history it only shows for Fang-Man. Is that due to King He-Man already being paid for (I guess?) when we signed up for the sub?

This was discussed in late Feb in the Canada Shipping thread, one of the ORG members spoke to a VIP in DR/Matty escalations and they told him then that the map counts as "an item" so March has 3 items shipping and the cost for INT would be about $8 more shipping for the additional map. It is true - thought this would be a big deal when this months charges started...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    from TG..

sorry for spamming, but i wish i had a penny for every time i have to read this cr****.
    Sorry i donīt buy this.
    So, because this is a small line, you are entitled to screw us over with the shipping?
    Come on: compared to February (Jitsu and overweight(!) Ram Man) in March (Fang-Man and the King) a sheet of paper drives the shipping up some 150% to 200% for some people?? This just canīt be true. This sounds very unlikely, except you would count the map a a complete figure (as shown above by Rhanen).

so either DR tried to cash in some extra money or there is a bug in the system. i hope it is the latter and it gets corrected.
    In the long run it is **** like this that is endangering the future of the line.
    With the utmost respect Mr. Neitlich: please check this out, try to correct this or find a reasonable(!) explanation. It might be in your own interest to keep the remaing fans happy until 2014 is approved.

Got my email! Excited for figure; kicking myself once again for picking UPS. Can't friggin' pick UPS for ANYTHING anymore. Last thing I was buying from some other site also had ridiculous prices from UPS. Just not chosing them anymore.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    This was discussed in late Feb in the Canada Shipping thread, one of the ORG members spoke to a VIP in DR/Matty escalations and they told him then that the map counts as "an item" so March has 3 items shipping and the cost for INT would be about $8 more shipping for the additional map. It is true - thought this would be a big deal when this months charges started...
    Could you please link that thread?
    If this is true i would be willing to scream "scam" at DR/Matty!
    Last year the map was completly free and suddenly we have to pay 8$ extra shipping for a sheet of paper. nice move to make some more profit. or is the map printed on solid gold??
    why not carge an extra 10 Bucks for the minicomic coming with the king?

My shipping is $1.10 more than last month. I can't throw a fit about that much but it is weird considering Ram-Man's additional weight/size last month. And I get the usual pleasure of waiting anywhere from 9-14 days for my figures to get just halfway across the country to me.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Got my notification, everything seems in order, still combined shipping and all that, looking forward to getting them
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    My shipping is $1.10 more than last month. I can't throw a fit about that much but it is weird considering Ram-Man's additional weight/size last month. And I get the usual pleasure of waiting anywhere from 9-14 days for my figures to get just halfway across the country to me.
    Add $1.10 for every subscriber though in the US, and add about $5+ for every international subscriber....and tell me, DR isn't scamming and gouging....for a piece of folded paper no less. Nayone including Scott who can't see that is blind, or just doesn't do the math.

say 5000+ US subbers (est) $5500+
    say 5000+ for International (est) $25,000+ right there....

(Even if the numbers are more towards US subscribers, you're still talking a ton of cash for DR)

$30,000+ in shipping profit for DR, and I'm supposed to believe, that's all to pay employees and pay shipping rates? For a piece of paper?

Sounds a bit like the Government spending $25k on a Hammer and a box of nails to me.

Sorry, my BSometer is going haywire. Why does Scott and DR think people are stupid?
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So, it costs so much extra for someone to stick a piece of paper in a box with 2 figures then, for 2 seconds of work? Damn, What they must make hourly then....
    What on earth are you talking about? This charge is for Fang Man, and the shipping for Fang Man and King He-Man. We paid for him back in August. $13.50 for shipping two figures is expensive yet realistic in 2013.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post

Sorry, my BSometer is going haywire. Why does Scott and DR think people are stupid?
    Well, perhaps because their ***** explanations and excuses worked over and over again. Even when it was obvious that they srewed up.
    Today Matty/DR screws up and tomorrow we will get a halfass explanation and some new teaser footage and all is well again.

Increased shipping for March 2013 -map not free- price of full figure shipping charge

Dear Mods,

please redirect and combine all posts to this or another thread that lists our complaints! You can feel free to make the title to "pop even more"!

This is a major topic for most of us I guess!

Here is what happend:

shipping charges for the Club Eternia subscription 2013 increased significantly for every subscriber: US national and international. Subscribers have been notified and are in the process of being notified that the March sub is renewing. Shipping charges rose immensly. Even higher as for Ram Man and Jitsu combined. This means DR is telling us that size and weight of Fang Man and King He-Man + sub map are heavier and larger as for Ram Man and Jitsu. Who wants to believe this?

Posts on ask matty on mattycollector are hitting one after another regarding this topic:

TG gave us blant answers:

"Alas shipping is not something we have much control over. Shipping is not a profit center. The exact cost of packing and shipping is something we have to pass to the consumer. I am (and have been) actively looking into alternatives and solution for the last few months and honestly it is like smashing into a wall. Their isn't much that can be done to reduce the actual cost to ship something."

"Mattycolletor has zero control over shipping. What you are paying is the cost to ship an item. I wish we could afford to subsidize shipping but we simple don't have the vol to do that. In the end this is a relatively modest size business compared to some other e-tail sites out there. We are not gouging customers or using shipping as a profit center. We are simply passing the actual cost of shipping to the consumer."

"What you pay in shipping has everything to do with where you live, what service you use etc... Mattycollector.com does not set shipping rates. You are paying the actual cost to ship the item. We do not make profit off of shipping."
    Last edited by Xetheus; March 12, 2013 at 01:40pm.

Things are really screwed up over at Digital River and Scott's response is that "we have no control over shipping costs". It's Digital River's ineptitude at assigning a different weight to a piece of paper compared to an actual figure that is causing the increased shipping this month, no doubt. It's not nearly as bad for domestic customers but international customers are really getting screwed on this. There is no way that Fang Man, King He-man and the map weigh more than Ram Man and Jitsu.

This is really crappy and I wish I could post something about it on the Matty forums, but alas they suspended my account last year, probably because I was asking questions that were deemed too negative. So much for letting the fans voice their concerns.

Heroic Warrior
    It is for reasons like this that I will never, ever sub. Simply disgraceful behaviour.

I got my renewal email. I have been waiting to get King He-Man before I change my shipping method, because of DR possibly messing up my sub. I have been paying for second day UPS and I've not gotten any order in 2 days.

As I said in other post... How can I (just a mortal) send 4 figures from Spain to the US for 27$ while DR (a "big" company dealing with better shipping rates) have to charge 30$ for shipping two figures?
    Last edited by Calderon; March 12, 2013 at 02:33pm.