Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 230

Thread: March 2013 Shipping Thread - (Extra for Shipping Free Map as Much as Full Figure)

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior ADPriceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton UK
    Posts
    437
    This really is a disgrace and has to be sorted - the shipping costs are already outrageous for an untrackable method and this just pushes it over the edge.

    Toyguru are you really telling us it costs an extra $10 to ship a piece of paper to the UK?

    If this isnt resolved it's another reason on the already growing list of 'why not to re-subscribe in 2014'.

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    2,149
    I had no increase in my shipping charge this month as opposed to last month. Having checked both invoices!
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior WDWFreak53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,884
    So how much does it cost just to purchase a subscription?

    Chalk up $10 for the map.
    $25 for the subscription exclusive
    $15 for the shipping.

    Just for signing up, it has cost us almost double than from two years ago.

  4. #79
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,015
    I've decided that I'm out. Tired of Scott's relations skills, tired of the shipping, issues tired of the drama. I love this line, I love this property, but sometimes you have to let go the things you love. This is what it has come to. The HUGE jump in shipping costs (which feels unreal and is if you look at the shipping for the same sized items the same amount of items from Mattel's other store.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  5. #80
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,573
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? This charge is for Fang Man, and the shipping for Fang Man and King He-Man. We paid for him back in August. $13.50 for shipping two figures is expensive yet realistic in 2013.
    Umm. Sorry, way off....Ram-Man and Jitsu were $11.20, Ram Man weighed more than King He-Man and a map together....That's what on Earth I'm talking about....Now I'm paying an extra $1+ for folded paper?

    I know how to read an invoice. I know I'm being charged for only Fang Man, and Shipping for 2 figures, and I know when I paid for King He-Man, thanks.

    So, it costs so much extra for someone to stick a piece of paper in a box with 2 figures then, for 2 seconds of work? Damn, What they must make hourly then....
    Not to mention....where did you get I said anything about being charged for more than one figure? I said it costs that much extra to slip a piece of paper in a box....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    This really is a disgrace and has to be sorted - the shipping costs are already outrageous for an untrackable method and this just pushes it over the edge.

    Toyguru are you really telling us it costs an extra $10 to ship a piece of paper to the UK?

    If this isnt resolved it's another reason on the already growing list of 'why not to re-subscribe in 2014'.

    I am with you. Especially because i have to tackle international shipping and customs.
    Come SDCC Toyguru will be all over to promote the new sub: "Without subbing MotuC will die"
    My answer to that: "Let them die!" as a famous starship captain once said.
    I´d rather have a line that is uncomplete rather then bothering with the ineptitude of Mattycollector and Digital River combined!

  7. #82
    CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Posts
    1,831
    I don't look for them to do anything about it to be honest. High shipping charges does not inconvenience or impact Mattel in the slightest. We get charged too much and Mattel can say "oh well". What can we do? Not sub? Remember this line is soooooo very small that basically it is almost like a charity

    It is funny, I have sold extra figures this year and shipped them in the same box that Mattel sent them to me in, at a much lower cost. But I'm not in it to make money off of the shipping either.

    This could be a major issue for the line and future subs, but I doubt it will get acknowledged beyond a vague "well the figures were too expensive".

    Just do what I do and start pretending. I pretend that the money I pay in shipping goes to help 3rd world children. "For just the low cost of 50% of the cost of your figure, you can...."
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

    Also...get her into the line!

    Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    481
    Mine is $14.45 total shipping to Buffalo,NY. I use newgistics/USPS.

    I have motuc,Dc and watchmen subs.

    So this is the break down.

    DCIE $18
    Watchmen $25
    Motuc FM $25
    Motuc KHM $0
    Motuc Map. $0

    Combined shipping $14.45

    I think mine looks alright? If they are charging a figure shipping cost for the map,then that is absurd. I can not tell with mine.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  9. #84
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,573
    "What you pay in shipping has everything to do with where you live, what service you use etc... Mattycollector.com does not set shipping rates. You are paying the actual cost to ship the item. We do not make profit off of shipping."
    Sorry, DR does not....I have a friend in CA, a friend in DE, and me in MI, we all use USPS (Cornerstone), and we all pay $9.90 for single figures, and the same for each additional. Now why in the hell does it cost $9.90 to ship to the same damn state the **** comes from then?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  10. #85
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,022
    I have two subscriptions. Shipping to MN.

    January (Netossa x2) $50 + $11.05 S&H + $4.75 Tax = $65.80
    February (Jitsu/Ram Man x2) $110 + $13.35 S&H + $9.60 Tax = $132.95
    March (Fang Man / King He Man / Map x2) $50 + $14.45 S&H + $5.02 Tax = $69.47

    US customers did not have nearly as much of an issue as the international folks did. I feel bad for you all
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  11. #86
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    18,015
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Mine is $14.45 total shipping to Buffalo,NY. I use newgistics/USPS.

    I have motuc,Dc and watchmen subs.

    So this is the break down.

    DCIE $18
    Watchmen $25
    Motuc FM $25
    Motuc KHM $0
    Motuc Map. $0

    Combined shipping $14.45

    I think mine looks alright? If they are charging a figure shipping cost for the map,then that is absurd. I can not tell with mine.
    yeah thats a proper sounding charge

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I don't look for them to do anything about it to be honest. High shipping charges does not inconvenience or impact Mattel in the slightest. We get charged too much and Mattel can say "oh well". What can we do? Not sub? Remember this line is soooooo very small that basically it is almost like a charity

    It is funny, I have sold extra figures this year and shipped them in the same box that Mattel sent them to me in, at a much lower cost. But I'm not in it to make money off of the shipping either.

    This could be a major issue for the line and future subs, but I doubt it will get acknowledged beyond a vague "well the figures were too expensive".

    Just do what I do and start pretending. I pretend that the money I pay in shipping goes to help 3rd world children. "For just the low cost of 50% of the cost of your figure, you can...."
    I can't I can't afford the rates. Ithe fighting foe men will be $200 after shipping at this rate!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Mine is $14.45 total shipping to Buffalo,NY. I use newgistics/USPS.

    I have motuc,Dc and watchmen subs.

    So this is the break down.

    DCIE $18
    Watchmen $25
    Motuc FM $25
    Motuc KHM $0
    Motuc Map. $0

    Combined shipping $14.45

    I think mine looks alright? If they are charging a figure shipping cost for the map,then that is absurd. I can not tell with mine.
    It mostly sounds like international buyers are the ones coming up with extraordinary shipping costs. Some domestic customers have said they got a bit of an increase over last month of around ~1$.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior Odrakir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    380
    I don't know what's worse, if it's DR scamming us or TG not standing by the customer.

    How the hell can he say they don't control shipping??? What if next month DR decides to charge $30 to ship ONE FIGURE???? OR $100??? Is he going to tell me that Mattel doesn't have a say is all this???
    Last edited by Odrakir; March 12, 2013 at 01:27pm.
    :: Odrakir ::

    My Feedback Thread

  14. #89
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,012
    Hey all - instead of discussing the same thing in two places, I merged the threads and renamed it to give the main issue more prominence. Hopefully this streamlines the discussion without burying the main issue. Thanks!

    My shipping was only $18, which isn't much more than normal. But I think it's SERIOUSLY weird that they are weighing the map the same as a regular figure in their calculations. They've never done that before, have they?

    One more note: Everyone, I understand this is a very thorny issue for you (and I empathize) but everyone is still expected to follow the rules. Don't make it personal. Don't hurl insults. Keep it civil. Thank you.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

  15. #90
    Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,442
    Ok, so last month I paid $11.05 for shipping Jitsu and Ram Man. This month......$12.20. So it seems that the Map and King He-man weigh more that Ram Man when combined.

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior galaxysurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    254
    $16.50 for my MOTUC, Infinite Earths and Watchmen subs. Sounds accurate for me, as it's quite the haul. Can't wait for it to arrive!

  17. #92
    Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,538
    http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

    Sorry folks, but I think the demise of the US Dollar is the real culprit here.

    I really noticed it last week when I bought some figures from a seller in CA.
    It cost me $30 to get 1 giant, 1 beast, and 1 figure shipped from CA to OH.
    The prices were great until I had to add $10 to the cost of each item.

    Parcel Post (now called standard post) has intentionally been made INCONVENIENT to purchase, like 1st class international.
    IE: If you want to save $$$, you need to physically haul your hiney to the post office and wait in line.
    You would think they'd try to REWARD shippers who print postage at home and take some of the workload off the postal employees.

    All that being said, it seems VERY shady that 2 figures and a map would cost more to ship than 1 fig and a larger deluxe fig.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

    My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

  18. #93
    Master of My Soul MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    9,159
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I had no increase in my shipping charge this month as opposed to last month. Having checked both invoices!
    Same here. I had NO increase as compared to last month. It is actually the exact same (to the very penny).
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

  19. #94
    N7 Horde Operative hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    7,452
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Umm. Sorry, way off....Ram-Man and Jitsu were $11.20, Ram Man weighed more than King He-Man and a map together....That's what on Earth I'm talking about....Now I'm paying an extra $1+ for folded paper?

    I know how to read an invoice. I know I'm being charged for only Fang Man, and Shipping for 2 figures, and I know when I paid for King He-Man, thanks.



    Not to mention....where did you get I said anything about being charged for more than one figure? I said it costs that much extra to slip a piece of paper in a box....
    I lack the capacity to be upset over a dollar. Shipping is expensive in 2013.

    I had a larger reply prepared, but I'll leave it at that.

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    148
    I do feel bad for international customers. Shipping has doubled for a lot of people on all kinds of products shipped overseas. US rates rise more slow and steadily. I don't feel like what I am charged for a decent sized box of toys to be too crazy, but it IS crazy that its sometimes the end of the month before I get it. If they're shipping at what basically is 'book rate' speed, it should be cheaper. If it was a 5 day avg shipping time like most every other thing I order, I'd be much happier with cost. I ship guitars via UPS and it costs me twice as much to send one as it did a few years ago. But at least I can get one to anywhere in the con. US in 4 to 5 days via regular ground shipping. Those are huge boxes weighing 30lbs and having to be more specially handled. Matty is by far the slowest shipment of any single other thing I order online. The only other that comes close is a cd place in California which uses DHL, and even then sometimes I get my stuff in 5 days.

    I guess the extra rub for this month is that I also get to pay extra shipping to buy Strobo, and then receive him in April.

  21. #96
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by bigassbuzz View Post
    http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

    Sorry folks, but I think the demise of the US Dollar is the real culprit here.

    I really noticed it last week when I bought some figures from a seller in CA.
    It cost me $30 to get 1 giant, 1 beast, and 1 figure shipped from CA to OH.
    The prices were great until I had to add $10 to the cost of each item.

    Parcel Post (now called standard post) has intentionally been made INCONVENIENT to purchase, like 1st class international.
    IE: If you want to save $$$, you need to physically haul your hiney to the post office and wait in line.
    You would think they'd try to REWARD shippers who print postage at home and take some of the workload off the postal employees.

    All that being said, it seems VERY shady that 2 figures and a map would cost more to ship than 1 fig and a larger deluxe fig.
    I thought the increase of shipping price at the start of the year (through matty) was to designed to compensate for the not quite yet announced increase to shipping, which happened a week or so later.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  22. #97
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,679
    I'm quite mad at the moment, but I'd be madder if then someone from Mattel comes up and states that they need a minimum quota to green light 2014 sub and that they have worked since 2008 in improving the whole system and purchase experience by getting the sub to guarantee that you get the all the figures.
    Last year some subscribers did not get Sorceress nor Fisto, we got a figure with an error at assemble (Frosta), this year we are being overcharged in shipping.
    If things are being done professionally, this should not happen. It is bad buyer experience, bad customer service, bad PR and in the end bad business. It is the never ending issue of the month
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  23. #98
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,573
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I lack the capacity to be upset over a dollar. Shipping is expensive in 2013.

    I had a larger reply prepared, but I'll leave it at that.
    Yeah, yeah, you go and do whatever makes you happy, I'lll ***** about whatever it is I like, and call it a day. Lack all the capacity you want in 2013 a dollar is a dollar....

    DR is making a killing, $1 here and $5+ there....yeah, they are raking it in this month by calling the map an additional item, and charging the flat rate ********. So yeah, my $1 is adding up with other people's $1, so make a larger reply, won't stop me from *****ing if I so choose, I do have that right on here, and if my words upset you so much to have to think up a larger reply, ignore me....won't hurt my feelings.

    Take care, and have a glorious day!
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  24. #99
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,489
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Ok, so last month I paid $11.05 for shipping Jitsu and Ram Man. This month......$12.20. So it seems that the Map and King He-man weigh more that Ram Man when combined.
    Same here. While $12.20 doesn't jump out as an absurd amount of money for shipping, there's no way my order this month weighs more than last month.


    I also just did some calculating and realized that at some point they must have started charging tax on the shipping for Illinois (it used to be on just the merchandise). This sucks!
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I'm quite mad at the moment, but I'd be madder if then someone from Mattel comes up and states that they need a minimum quota to green light 2014 sub and that they have worked since 2008 in improving the whole system and purchase experience by getting the sub to guarantee that you get the all the figures.
    Last year some subscribers did not get Sorceress nor Fisto, we got a figure with an error at assemble (Frosta), this year we are being overcharged in shipping.
    If things are being done professionally, this should not happen. It is bad buyer experience, bad customer service, bad PR and in the end bad business. It is the never ending issue of the month
    didn't Stinkor and at least one other figure have assembly problems last year also? On the massive scale.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •