Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2013 Shipping Thread - (Extra for Shipping Free Map as Much as Full Figure)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Same here. While $12.20 doesn't jump out as an absurd amount of money for shipping, there's no way my order this month weighs more than last month.

I also just did some calculating and realized that at some point they must have started charging tax on the shipping for Illinois (it used to be on just the merchandise). This sucks!
    It does...and I'm not one to get upset about a dollar, but it is absurd. Add that to the extra 9.90 they're gonna charge me for Strobo.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Yeah, yeah, you go and do whatever makes you happy, I'lll ***** about whatever it is I like, and call it a day. Lack all the capacity you want in 2013 a dollar is a dollar....

DR is making a killing, $1 here and $5+ there....yeah, they are raking it in this month by calling the map an additional item, and charging the flat rate ********. So yeah, my $1 is adding up with other people's $1, so make a larger reply, won't stop me from *****ing if I so choose, I do have that right on here, and if my words upset you so much to have to think up a larger reply, ignore me....won't hurt my feelings.

Take care, and have a glorious day!
    My question is,the extra $10,000 that this has set forth,does that go to Matty?,DR or the post office.

I wonder if they really did the caculations wrong,like if I put two stamps on a letter that only needed one,the post office is not refunding me.

Who has the money?

Show me the money!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    It does...and I'm not one to get upset about a dollar, but it is absurd. Add that to the extra 9.90 they're gonna charge me for Strobo.
    It's not the fact it's an extra dollar (completely), it's the fact that it's gouging, and for what? A piece of paper that takes 2 seconds to slide in a box. When you add up all the dollars this month from every subscriber, it's going to be a huge amount for DR to pocket, especially when you consider the $5-$10 extra that International shippers are being charged, it's not added weight, so that is out, so all it is, is pocket dough for DR. It's not going to cost $10,000+ to pay employees to stuff a map in a box, for one distribution center.

That is what's ******* me off, the thought of all that dough DR is simply taking from customers. People were *****ing about $10 shipping as it was, now add another $1 to what should be cheaper than last months order, and yeah, that is why I'm ******.

People need to get, last month was higher because Ram Man was so big, this month KHM & FM are much lighter than those two last month, even with the map, so realistically, it's more like $2 I'm being taken for, because they want to make the map a separate item, like it's big and heavy.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm growing tired of being screwed by this policies. The way Matty/DR are handling shipments is just ridiculous. Now a simple piece of paper is enough to increase the shipping? You're are not fooling me no more... Next year i'm done with this poorly handled line...

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    My question is,the extra $10,000 that this has set forth,does that go to Matty?,DR or the post office.

I wonder if they really did the caculations wrong,like if I put two stamps on a letter that only needed one,the post office is not refunding me.

Who has the money?

Show me the money!
    That's a good question, I doubt the extra money (and don't forget International customers are being charged more like $8 or so extra) is paying "handling" since it takes 2 seconds to add a map to two figures. And I seriously doubt since DR doesn't charge by weight they charge flat rates, that the map would even make a difference to the carrier you're paying them to use.

I doubt very much, the money is leaving DR.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 12, 2013 at 02:20pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It's not the fact it's an extra dollar (completely), it's the fact that it's gouging, and for what? A piece of paper that takes 2 seconds to slide in a box. When you add up all the dollars this month from every subscriber, it's going to be a huge amount for DR to pocket, especially when you consider the $5-$10 extra that International shippers are being charged, it's not added weight, so that is out, so all it is, is pocket dough for DR. It's not going to cost $10,000+ to pay employees to stuff a map in a box, for one distribution center.

That is what's ******* me off, the thought of all that dough DR is simply taking from customers. People were *****ing about $10 shipping as it was, now add another $1 to what should be cheaper than last months order, and yeah, that is why I'm ******.

People need to get, last month was higher because Ram Man was so big, this month KHM & FM are much lighter than those two last month, even with the map, so realistically, it's more like $2 I'm being taken for, because they want to make the map a separate item, like it's big and heavy.
    Oh, I'm in complete agreement with you. It's all principal. Getting ripped off is still getting ripped off whether it's $.10 or $ 10

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Oh, I'm in complete agreement with you. It's all principal. Getting ripped off is still getting ripped off whether it's $.10 or $ 10
    It's an extra $1.15, per US customer (for single subs), and like $5-$8 extra for International....

I mean I'm supposed to believe that adding that map, make $1's worth of difference? And a carrier is even going to notice, since they charge flat rate anyway?

In agreement it is principal, we are getting scammed. Over a piece of paper no less, I guess maybe they should charge for the packing slip as well....or maybe they already are....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Do the maps come packed in with the figure or are they in a separate package?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Do the maps come packed in with the figure or are they in a separate package?
    the map is folded into a cardboard sleeve
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I'm disappointed at TGs response, though it is understandable that there is nothing he can do about this. I subbed for this year to support this line because I wanted to see it make it to the end. But now I am unsure if I want to keep on supporting this silliness. For me the increase in postal cost was almost $10. Last year shipping two figures cost $9,95 and now it's a bit over $20. With an added map it's over $31. I understand that shipping costs go up, but I have hard time believing that they go up this aggressively in such a short period of time. I feel misled and wronged. I will give this a few nights sleep, but I am considering asking DR to cancel my sub.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

So you Americans got dinged too, then? Maybe now they'll have to actually acknowledge their ridiculous policies and charges rather than sweeping our concerns under the rug.

I get that it's not a TG issue and it's a DR issue, but seriously he needs to suck it up and figure it out. The line will be in serious trouble come SDCC if they haven't figured it out because its pricing people right out of the line.

And I'm not one to cry "killin teh lien" either.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I'm disappointed at TGs response, though it is understandable that there is nothing he can do about this. I subbed for this year to support this line because I wanted to see it make it to the end. But now I am unsure if I want to keep on supporting this silliness. For me the increase in postal cost was almost $10. Last year shipping two figures cost $9,95 and now it's a bit over $20. With an added map it's over $31. I understand that shipping costs go up, but I have hard time believing that they go up this aggressively in such a short period of time. I feel misled and wronged. I will give this a few nights sleep, but I am considering asking DR to cancel my sub.

Same here, unfortunately I am too addicted to cancel, but I have to say, you are absolutely right! This really is madness. Charging the gift map with almost 10 $. I also do not think TG really understood what we are talking about like he sometimes does not SEEM to do. No offense towards him, but I really think he quite often does not get the point.

For a second I thought about asking my cc company to get my money back when the last shipment at the end of the line will have shipped. Not encourgeing anyone here to do such a shameful thing, but at least I would get part of my money back for false shipping charges, flawed figures and broken promises. Is that worth it? Probably not.

My order is still in progress and I haven't gotten a shipping notice. Should I be worried?

Why I ask: I managed to get my shipping method changed and my Subscription page says "Inactive" but I read in the DR-problem-thread that this would go away, once the current items have shipped.

I also got a (successful) renewal mail and that my order would leave on march 12th ... but no confirmation mail yet ;((

Though I actually fear of getting it, thinking of the risen shipping costs.
    Last edited by belmont; March 12, 2013 at 03:19pm.

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    My order is still in progress and I haven't gotten a shipping notice. Should I be worried?
    No, it should be fine, mine hasn't shipped yet, so no actual shipping notice here either, but I did get the renewal notice that it would be shipping soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xetheus View Post
    Same here, unfortunately I am too addicted to cancel, but I have to say, you are absolutely right! This really is madness. Charging the gift map with almost 10 $. I also do not think TG really understood what we are talking about like he sometimes does not SEEM to do. No offense towards him, but I really think he quite often does not get the point.

For a second I thought about asking my cc company to get my money back when the last shipment at the end of the line will have shipped. Not encourgeing anyone here to do such a shameful thing, but at least I would get part of my money back for false shipping charges, flawed figures and broken promises. Is that worth it? Probably not, but nevertheless I hope that Digital River dies a painful death as a company after MOTUC is over!
    Sadly Customers are plagued all over by DR ineptitude when dealing with ordering things from other companies such as Microsoft, when dealing with software buying....I had to deal with them getting a Windows 7 Upgrade back in 2009 when I bought my new computer. They sucked then, fast forward for me to 2011 when I got into MOTUC, I was not enthused having to deal with them for a monthly toyline....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Got my email! Excited for figure; kicking myself once again for picking UPS. Can't friggin' pick UPS for ANYTHING anymore. Last thing I was buying from some other site also had ridiculous prices from UPS. Just not chosing them anymore.
    I found that it is slightly more expensive to ship UPS for one figure months, but cheaper to ship UPS over USPS if there is more than one monthly figure shipped. I have 3 subs and my cost in the US this month is approx $20..I cant tell exactly because it is $26.70 for shipping and tax this month, where last month with Ram Man/Jitsu was $18.30 for shipping. So even USPS went up again this month as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post

Why I ask: I managed to get my shipping method changed and my Subscription page says "Inactive" but I read in the DR-problem-thread that this would go away, once the current items have shipped.

I also got a (successful) renewal mail and that my order would leave on march 12th ... but no confirmation mail yet ;((

Though I actually fear of getting it, thinking of the risen shipping costs.
    I changed my shipping method before Ram Man shipped and all was fine, went just like you described.

Well...I got the pre-auth on my card...but it was only for $30.23 and I have the invoice for fangman, king he-man, & the map for $37.20. With no tax.
    I have no clue whats going on anymore.
    I got Netossa invoice which was over the amount that I was charged.
    I just got my shipping address corrected. So I get 2 invoices for Feb. and March. Neither one has the tax added. For Ram-man & Jitsu I get a 60.20 charge and a seperate charge for tax. But they came in the same day...now I just have one charge...
    Wow...
    I just made sure I had enough money available and hope it all works out.
    Ram-man & Jitsu should be here tomorrow??
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    My shipping went to $12.20 from $11.05 last month as well. Someone really needs to look into this and I mean REALLY look into this, so that we actually get results.

Checked the successful renewal email for my sub x 2, my shipping (UPS now) is USD 47,25 ... looks normal to Europe, as weird as it may sound

Hmmm well my shipping is $12.20 for "last month" and this month. Maybe because they were invoiced for this month??
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I think the problem overall is DR/MATTY charge an item as a full figure. Try ordering 3 GRAYSKULL STANDS, and you'll probably end up with the same shipping cost as 3 MOTU figures!

I don't even think they have any weighing scale at DR, they just pack items into a box and count how many items and thats how much they charge. And international shipping rates seems the same no matter is you are in Canada, or living in Asia or Europe!
    Last edited by erik352; March 12, 2013 at 04:38pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Same here. I had NO increase as compared to last month. It is actually the exact same (to the very penny).
    THIS is the exact problem.

No rhyme or reason.

No other site just makes up whatever shipping they want when they ship - they have standard posted shipping. There is zero accountability. The only site I know if that doesn't have it easily accessible is Sideshow when you do those flex-pay preorders, but all you have to do is click on the link and they can check and email you the amount - since they charge actual shipping based on location.

I'm really tired of people saying "oh shipping has gone up everywhere" when many of us shop online all the time. We pay the highest cost for the crappiest slowest service with Matty. And making things worse, the crappy software DR uses can't combine stuff, which just loses them even more sales (I just don't buy reissues or extras any more - paying separate shipping just puts it over my cost threshold).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the map is folded into a cardboard sleeve
    It never has been before. It's just tossed in the box. No sleeve or other protection.

Having read Scott's "statement" now, I really have to say this is once again an "in your face" answer that's hard to swallow.

Because DR is the company THEY (Matty) hired to handle orders and at least they can talk to the guys at DR, because this has (once again) potential to drive away customers. But that cheap excuse of an answer is so wrong in so many ways, that I don't even know where to start with ... so sad

PS: early access page is now working for me as well (did not 13 hours ago in the morning)

Not to mention DR always packs my larger boxes with the figures upside down. They can't get anything right

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Could we get Digital River on a future Roast Gooble to talk about all our concerns? I think a rep was slated to talk a number of months ago, but they cancelled at the last minute.

It would also be nice if they had a rep at the SDCC panel to talk to fans one on one. I'd hate the line to end due to DR; they need to be held accountable and hear our concerns.

Snappy Threader
    Wow if thats the case i dont want any more free maps.