Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: March 2013 Shipping Thread - (Extra for Shipping Free Map as Much as Full Figure)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    On the bright side I got my shipping notice!!
    I haven't yet, but I am always last
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    And on the topic that we don't even get a good, speedy form of shipping out of the high costs:

My replacement Granamyr arrived Saturday via Newgistics transferred to USPS. I was in the front yard when the post man came and he actually walked arcross the yard to me (he normally would just put it on the porch) and apologized at how beat up the box was explaining that when he got it that morning it was already in that condition. This seems to happen more with packages in Newgistics care much more than most other shipping services.
    Which is why I ONLY have my MOTUC's Items Shipped UPS Ground from Matty

Got mine this morning. $12 bucks shipped for everything.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Got my shipping notice this morning!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

The problem is going to be if Digital River estimates their weights when they pay for actual postage. If they aren't getting an accurate weight for the packages, but just assigning a weight based on the contents, then they may actually be overpaying for shipping. So even if they did overcharge us, they wouldn't have pocketed the difference but paid it forward to the postal carrier (USPS, UPS, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I haven't gotten mine either yet. Does your notice usually take a while?

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Are we going to be refund for this extra shipping cost? Can someone defend us from Digital River?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Can someone defend us from Digital River?

Oh, wait. He-Man values every life...even Digital River's.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    I am glad that he changed the "we have no power over shipping" to this. Unfortunately they are messing it up with all of us specially for international fans. Hopefully we will have the discount the next month.
    I highly doubt it. In the best scenario they may give us a coupon or something. They keep messing. I still wonder what happened to those who have ordered CG with the $218 shipping quote or the ones that have ordered the CG with the 10% for orders above $100 during Thanks Giving week
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yeah, I got charged $16 for shipping when last month I paid $15 for shipping. Last month was Ram-Man, Phantom Stranger, and Jitsu. I can understand why shipping was $15. However, this month, it is King He-Man, Fang Man, air, and Elongated Man, there is no reason it should be that high. It should only be $12-13 at most. I'm getting really sick of these additional fees that are cropping up without any warning. Yes, it is only a couple of dollars, but that adds up over a year's time.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Tempers flared, hot arguments, despair, anger,threats, yeah thats the feel of collecting MOTUC!
    If you don't want the thrill go find yourself a new hobby!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Tempers flared, hot arguments, despair, anger,threats, yeah thats the feel of collecting MOTUC!
    If you don't want the thrill go find yourself a new hobby!
    I don't see any anger in this thread, I just see people upset. Since when are people not allowed to be upset because they are getting charged more than they should?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I sent Mattycollector CS a message and asked them to fix this issue and refund me the postal fees that were incorrectly charged. I also asked for a receipt for the returned money so that I do not have to pay extra taxes for the incorrect prize on the invoice. I'll let you know how they respond.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't see any anger in this thread, I just see people upset. Since when are people not allowed to be upset because they are getting charged more than they should?
    First of all, it is a joke!
    i'm not referring to this event only, but to all mistakes we have trough all these years of collecting the line, I was overcharged too and I'm upset to but I tried to put this in another form.
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Minor View Post
    Wow those maps must be made out of lead.

My invoice for February for 6 figures was $15.40 for shipping. Remember Ram Man is larger then normal...

My invoice for March for 6 figures and 3 maps is $16.45. Now I realize this is only $1.05 more for me this month, but considering there is no way those maps and King He-Man make up the same weight total as Ram Man did last month. Yet, I am still getting charged MORE? Garbage like this that ****** people off.

i think my shipping to NY was $14.xx

i guess it's not bad for cross country for 2 figures.

aren't we supposed to get the mini comic also????
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post

Shhhh ,don't tell anyone or they will charge us another 10!
    My Feedback

CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I haven't received mine either, but on the good side (knock on wood) it looks like my shipping is the same as last month
    Actually, it seems to be $1 higher, but I'm not going to worry about that--enough problems in my life in general (esp right now) than to sweat one dollar
    Last edited by He-Kal; March 13, 2013 at 01:19pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by miscus555 View Post
    It will come in package with King He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I sent Mattycollector CS a message and asked them to fix this issue and refund me the postal fees that were incorrectly charged. I also asked for a receipt for the returned money so that I do not have to pay extra taxes for the incorrect prize on the invoice. I'll let you know how they respond.

I'm going to do the same... If I have to pay extra custom fees for their mistake I will be very upset... I had to pay 30€ in customs just because of the free figure from Frosta's Forearm Fiasco (and all I got was a damaged MerMan) so my "upset-meter" is about to explode .

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Got my shipping notice......price wasn't fixed.....maybe next month a discount?!

I know. You subbers better be careful when you ask for more faction stickers. They might wind up costing you an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    So I am left to wonder:

Did something change in the agreement between Mattel and DR regarding Mattel's control over shipping costs (meaning that Mattel has the power to influence DR more than they historically have)?

-or-

Was TG blowing off the complaints early on when he claimed they had no control over shipping when they actually did?

It's situations just like this one that make people dislike the job TG is doing.
    He was probably right. They don't have any control over what it costs to ship something. What they DO have control over is what they input the weights and measurements of products as that are used to calculate shipping. They screwed up on that so that is why there are price differences this month. However, they also charge a handling fee, etc which is why some people here can ship something cheaper than DR. They aren't charging themselves for the time it takes to ship something nor the extra materials to ship it which is fine. Myself? My Time is money and I would charge myself a lot to ship something lol

nah they would only charge us 9.99 since it is a mini comic and not a full size comic...SAVINGS!!!! lol
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Got both the funds 'ping' and the email confirming my order (but no shipping notice yet). And I agree s/h this month is insanity! I'd say it's not the cost per figure that will kill this line... it's the shipping!!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!