Thread: Spicing up the Galactic Protectors!

Heroic Warrior

Spicing up the Galactic Protectors!

Reading through the Kayo thread in the Character Support section of the Classics forum, it seems to me that he's...a little boring. Which struck a nerve with me because a)I found most of the human Protectors boring and )b this is He-Man...it shouldn't be boring! So I've been thinking about the NA figures and how to spice them up so they're not quite so boring(to me at least, and hopefully others too). Let's start with Kayo himself:

Kayo: Look at the figure! He's obviously had some enhancements done. How cool would it be if he had been abducted by the Horde and experimented on, possibly infecting Kayo(or as I'd rather refer to him, Knock Out(K.O. get it?) with the same techno organic virus that Skeletor used on himself to save his life. Maybe have K.O. as the Protector's drill sergeant who gets abducted and infected. He is returned to them with his new abilities(super strength) and is used as a Horde sleeper agent who overcomes their control and rejoins the Protectors.

See what I mean about spicing up the characters?

Next up is Vizar:

Vizar: Being able to see long distance and through things is great, but what if it was the *only* way for him to see? Yeah, it's kinda borrowing from Star Trek TNG, but I thought it'd be a cool twist if Vizar is totally blind without his visor.

I'm still working out ideas for Spinwit and Nocturna. I can see Spinwit being some kind of fighting champion on Primus who has perfected the deadly fighting style of Toranado(or Nortado). His abilities and fighting prowess are seen when a group of Mutants attack the Primus arena where he's fighting. Instead of running, he helps the Protectors fight off the Mutants and is then asked to join. Yeah, I like where this is going.

Snappy Threader
    Vizar is my favorite NA character. Very cool idea you have for him there.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Kayo as a sleeper agent. I like that.
    I feel NA is ripe with potential. The characters are rich with color & diverse backgrounds/motives.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Kayo as a sleeper agent. I like that.
    I feel NA is ripe with potential. The characters are rich with color & diverse backgrounds/motives.
    Yeah, that's how I'm seeing it. I guess I just glossed over the characters before. There's definite room for improvement, and if they actually made all of the NA characters, I'd find a place for them in my universe/canon and shelves.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I strongly suggest that MOTU fans should go visit Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios in the Fan-Art Forum section on the Org.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Character-Bios
    The NA character bios are amazing, giving the characters & the over all story much depth & conflict.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man