Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 115 Discussion!

Heroic Warrior
    I've seen the Gothitropolis Raven figures with the alternate heads on the websites and they are fantastic. I own some Outer Spacemen and the quality of the sculpt and paint apps is very good. Power Lords were nothing I heard of, but the new prototypes could motivate me to buy some of these guys.

I really think, that those "toys" are worth the money

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Finished the whole episode. CB talking about the Staff of Avion was very plain, very simple explanation, accepting responsibility and apologizing. CB's the man!!

And I still would like to know if Mattel was still knowingly taking pre-orders after CONFIRMING (internally, within the company, to the 4H, etc) the Castle would be smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    It's excruciatingly painful to me to think about 7thK and why it SHOULD be the biggest action figure line out there today.
    It should be a cartoon. It should have a video game, a comic book, and a movie in the works.
    If I ruled the world, 7thK would be what MotU was in the 80s.

I blame no one as to why it's not there yet. YET.
    I know the guys would love it to be that big too.

Thus the pain. Because it's not... YET.
    Agreed 100%. I literally cringed when I heard about the deal falling through.

There are designs for that line that MUST become plastic reality for all... MUST!!!
    Are you referring to designs we've already seen?
    Or do you know something we don't know?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    that would mean its EITHER Filmation Hover Knight Robots -or- Horde Troopers.

...either way its a WIN/WIN situation!

BRING EM ON!
    It's a Trollan/Widget 4-pack. They say it's a 2-pack because 4 of these guys equals 2 regular figures, Reppy.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

My only concern about the Horde Troopers coming as an army builder 2-pack is that one of them may end up being a "Battle Damaged Horde Trooper", or some other type of variant. I really don't want to have to buy two sets just to get two regular Troopers. That's why i'd prefer them to be sold individually.

neat show guys - thanks

glad we seem to be moving away from CG-gate slightly, lets keep the focus on the amazing figures we get
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Excellent episode, I really liked hearing about the toy process, and it's good to know why prices have skyrocketed. I think we all gain some more appreciation in how much goes into making this line (and many others). The Four Horsemen are just awesome, I hope their lines gain some more traction over the next few years.

And totally excited about that nearly fully tooled figure. Hoping it might be Blast-Attak or Modulok.

Apache Cow (in reference to Eamon's patchy cow naming)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    neat show guys - thanks

glad we seem to be moving away from CG-gate slightly, lets keep the focus on the amazing figures we get
    Or let's do what we always do which is to focus on both the positive and what can be better in this line.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I liked the response about the Wind Raider plug. No one's taking credit for that.
    I also enjoyed hearing about some Gothotropolis. That might be the most underrated toy-line of the decade.
    No one asked about why the trap door isn't over the dungeon! Will someone please find out why?
    The ugly, bottom line answer to why the trap door isn't over the dungeon is that this castle was thrown together in a matter of days. It's been shrunk, raised two inches off the ground by a useless base, stickered-up, and oddly modified to sell an already-existing vehicle. The Four Horsemen are typically awesome, but frankly I think they deserve some slaps upside their equine heads for this one.
    Last edited by Gabriel; March 16, 2013 at 10:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Dude you are just flat out wrong. We all new well going into this sub what all the quarterly items would be (not who they would be) but what they would be. The first two were already announced as I stated before. It was definitely confirmed that the last item, the $50, would be an army builder 2 pack. ToyGuru further stated it would be one of the most requested army builder packs. Which led everyone to the speculation it would be Horde Troopers. I gurantee you the $50 item will be some type of army builder 2 pack. Whether it is the Horde Troopers is still somewhat debatable. But, I would guess that chances are about 75% that it will be the Horde Troopers. I might have been wrong about the Matty page, but is was DEFINETLY stated what the four quarterly items would be sometime during SDCC or during the presale. (1 oversized figure, 1 3pack set, 1 variant, and 1 army builder 2 pack)
    Personally, I hope it isn't the Horde Troopers, which is not to say I'm not looking forwards to getting them. I am, believe me! Only, wouldn't everyone be much happier with receiving the troopers in a year when there aren't that many other things being revealed to burn a hole in our wallets? I think this is the core of the issue people here have been dancing around since this thread started. We're getting Castle Grayskull at the end of this year which, lets face it, is a pretty expensive piece of kit. Personally, I'd sooner we have troopers another year when there are fewer expenses to pay, that way we can buy more of them to build a more impressive army. Wouldn't we all sooner wait and have that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Personally, I hope it isn't the Horde Troopers, which is not to say I'm not looking forwards to getting them. I am, believe me! Only, wouldn't everyone be much happier with receiving the troopers in a year when there aren't that many other things being revealed to burn a hole in our wallets? I think this is the core of the issue people here have been dancing around since this thread started. We're getting Castle Grayskull at the end of this year which, lets face it, is a pretty expensive piece of kit. Personally, I'd sooner we have troopers another year when there are fewer expenses to pay, that way we can buy more of them to build a more impressive army. Wouldn't we all sooner wait and have that?
    Nope, I would much rather have the troopers.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Not if there are no day of sale items next year, then there would be no extras to army build. I'd rather get them this year.

Out of curiosity, do you all view the Eternian Guards and Horde Trooper as equal in terms of importance as army builders? Or do you all want more Horde Troopers than Eternian Guards? Or vice versa?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you all view the Eternian Guards and Horde Trooper as equal in terms of importance as army builders? Or do you all want more Horde Troopers than Eternian Guards? Or vice versa?
    Definitely Horde Troopers, they are the Stormtroopers of MOTU. Although I may not get as many Horde Troopers based mostly on price, I was able to obtain more Palace Guards during one of the Matty sales.

For me, if they were straight up identical figures, more Horde Troopers.
    The options they gave for the Royal Guards changed this a bit to make them each unique.

I have 4 guards (two sets) because the heads make them unique. I will only get 4 Horde Troopers unless they do something extremely unique to make them look different.

....well I view horde troopers as more important "toy wise" to have. But that could simply be because they are not made yet + the fact they are so expensive to get for the vintage figure line. Thats the same logic i use for the Laser variants as well. Which is why I want the Laser variants in classics, as I wont ever be able to afford them for the vintage line.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    More Horde Troopers. Who cares about the good guys? They're...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    Horde Troopers for sure....

What a great episode. Makes travelling more enjoyable.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    "It is an army bred for a single purpose--to destroy the world of Men." - Arragorn

I think Horde Troopers are more important. There are infinite legions of these guys and they seem to be more exciting to army build. Unlike the recent and more unique Snake Men legions, these Horde Troopers are OUR unofficial bad guy army builder. They are akin to Star Wars' Stormtroopers, Marvel Legends' Hydra Soldiers or G.I. Joe's COBRA Troopers to army build. This is what makes them exciting to army build to me.

I'd get 10 of them (5 two packs), whereas with the Palace Guards I grabbed (2 two packs) and 2 for the Snake Men (although I'd grab two more packs if Mattel came out with another Snake Men pack).
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 18, 2013 at 12:01pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I didn't originally want more than two palace guards, but I have ended up with 5 of them, plus the original MAA's body in the Space Ace gear. The orange doesn't match entirely with the guar armor, but it's close.

If Horde Troopers are as easily swappable as Palace Guards, the. I can see myself with a few sets. I love the idea of mixing and matching parts. If they are more static in ther appearance, I will likely stick with one set.

Snappy Threader
    Yeah I mean it depends for me.....if they say offer a Horde Trooper and a Sea Trooper two pack, I will get multiple sets, if it's just two Horde Troopers, then one set. Well darn, I just gave Matty another way to my wallet.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I think Horde Troopers are bit more important than Eternian Guards as army builders. The Troopers are an entire army versus just being guards. Plus, the Heroic Warriors need someone to destroy, since they don't kill sentient beings

I've really liked some of the ideas that people have had for alternate accessories for Horde Troopers over the years, so I'm very excited about the possibilities! The Eternian Guards were figures I never though I wanted until we had them, though.

Horde Troopers... I own 7 Palace Guards, 6 Snake Men, but Horder Troopers require at least 10 in my book.

Horde definition: a teeming crowd or throng : swarm

So there need to be a bunch of them. I wish I could buy 50... but 10 will blow my budget as it is. I'm just glad other toy lines (ie DC Classics and Marvel Legends) are sucking this year. It's freed up money to buy these! If they are indeed coming out this year.

And Holy Cow MGM!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Much as I loved finally getting the Royal Guard in figure form (and I did get two sets to be able to use all the heads and chest plates), I'd have to say the Horde Troopers are the more important army builders. They had both a toy in the original line and a prominent role in the cartoons (much more so than the Guard).

As for saving them for next year, I'm not sure if that would be a good move. They are much requested, but e-tailers buy a big chunk of subs, and I'm not sure if any multi-pack is going to go over well with them, even the troopers. As much as folks requested the snake warriors, Big Bad still has them in stock...
    Last edited by scott metzger; March 18, 2013 at 02:45pm.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Horde Troopers are the army builder most fans have wanted ever since they announced that slot a few years back. They are the most popular pick for a 2-pack and that's why I think Scott was referring to them back during the subscription drive to try to increase sales for 2013. Hordak needs his army