Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 115 Discussion!

Very good episode!

I do like how CB hit us with some knowledge on the toy making process, always like hearing from the 4H.

The two fully/near fully tooled figures sounds promising! The guesses will start flying in! Madame Razz, Modulok, Horde Troopers? Dylamug? (fingers crossed!!)

I also liked how Scott and CG kept bringing up the furniture pack as something they would like to be able to bring to us and how much they want to make that happen. Makes it look for promising!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    No, legally it has to be a $50 item and an army builder pack (as advertised at sale of subscription on the matty page). Remember we were told there would be four quarterly items at special pricing, Ram-Man an oversized figure ($30), The Fighting Foe Men three pack at $75, one variant at $25 (which we have since learned will be NA He-Man), and one army builder 2 pack at $50. That was how it was sold. ToyGuru stated during the sale, to help get sub numbers up, that the 2 pack would be a highly requested army builder. So a lot of people have speculated Horde Troopers. Whether it will be that, I don't know. Skeletor's Robot Knights and the Horde Troopers are the most requested 2 packs with the Horde Troopers probably the most requested.
    From the Matty sub page for Club Eternia

This includes 12 monthly figures (12 @ $25 = $300), 4 beasts/variants/multi-packs (1 each at $25, $30, $50, $75 = $180), and a $25 membership fee for a total of $505

only figures mentioned by name

Figures are announced approximately one to two months before each on-sale date. The schedule to date includes Netossa™ (January), Jitsu™ (February), and Fang Man™ (March), and “quarterly” items including the long-awaited Ram Man® (February) and a Fighting Foe Men™ 3-pack (April)

and of course the cover your backside legal post on all Matty subs

All names and release dates are subject to change.

Very simply TG could come out at SDCC and say that originally the horde troopers were planned to be the last quarterly item, but b/c of production issues they will now be the first quarterly item in 2014. And they will be replaced with a 2 pack containing A and B figures.

Just b/c TG says stuff to promote or increase sales of the subs, doesn't mean its locked in stone. In fact he has said many of times, they do not release the full list of figures b/c it could always change.

I mean TG also use to say the Sub only figure would NEVER be a must have figure, yet in 2012 we got Shadow Weaver as a sub only figure.

With every thing in the toy world, everything is subject to change. They only legal issue would be if they added $5 to each figure from here on out. The prices are locked in for the items.

not trying to be rude, but people throw around legal crap too much.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

No, legally it has to be a $50 item and an army builder pack (as advertised at sale of subscription on the matty page). Remember we were told there would be four quarterly items at special pricing, Ram-Man an oversized figure ($30), The Fighting Foe Men three pack at $75, one variant at $25 (which we have since learned will be NA He-Man), and one army builder 2 pack at $50. That was how it was sold. ToyGuru stated during the sale, to help get sub numbers up, that the 2 pack would be a highly requested army builder. So a lot of people have speculated Horde Troopers. Whether it will be that, I don't know. Skeletor's Robot Knights and the Horde Troopers are the most requested 2 packs with the Horde Troopers probably the most requested.
    Good points about the army builder 2pk, but I do not feel that Skeletors Robot Knight are big enough to warrant a $50 price tag for only 2 of them. They could break contract and sell us a 4 pack, or give us our 2 pack with 2 additional surprise or free figures. But $50 for 2 robot knights would be a total rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Good points about the army builder 2pk, but I do not feel that Skeletors Robot Knight are big enough to warrant a $50 price tag for only 2 of them. They could break contract and sell us a 4 pack, or give us our 2 pack with 2 additional surprise or free figures. But $50 for 2 robot knights would be a total rip off.
    there is NO contract for an army builder 2 pack. Anything TG said "unofficially" means nothing

its a $50 item that according to the sub page can be beasts/variants/multi-packs

I Just wish Scott could come across as transparent as the 4h. These guys are solid dudes and I love how willingly they talk about the art of toymaking. It baffles me why Mattel wont state there production numbers for an Adult Collector limited run production. I think actually stating and putting a number on the package...(1 of 5,000 or 1 of 7,500) would actually bolster sales and help the collector value in these things. I think the "Sub or Die" mentality will not bolster sales. Not only will it drive away the more casual collectors, but lets face it...MOTUC is line thats pushing traffic to mattycollector.com, No Day of Sale MOTUC = loss of sales for DC UNIVERSE, WWE, and what ever other line comes out after SDCC.

ALSO, I'd like to know if Castle Grayskull will go back on sale after SDCC final version reveal...It would only be fair to all the customer base still on the fence if they could still pre-order now knowing, "What you see is what you get"....dose that not make sense?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post

This includes 12 monthly figures (12 @ $25 = $300), 4 beasts/variants/multi-packs (1 each at $25, $30, $50, $75 = $180), and a $25 membership fee for a total of $505

Figures are announced approximately one to two months before each on-sale date. The schedule to date includes Netossa™ (January), Jitsu™ (February), and Fang Man™ (March), and “quarterly” items including the long-awaited Ram Man® (February) and a Fighting Foe Men™ 3-pack (April)

Very simply TG could come out at SDCC and say that originally the horde troopers were planned to be the last quarterly item, but b/c of production issues they will now be the first quarterly item in 2014. And they will be replaced with a 2 pack containing A and B figures.

Just b/c TG says stuff to promote or increase sales of the subs, doesn't mean its locked in stone. In fact he has said many of times, they do not release the full list of figures b/c it could always change.

I mean TG also use to say the Sub only figure would NEVER be a must have figure, yet in 2012 we got Shadow Weaver as a sub only figure.

With every thing in the toy world, everything is subject to change. They only legal issue would be if they added $5 to each figure from here on out. The prices are locked in for the items.

Scott gets shish kabobbed for everything he says that is semi-questionable, if they change their minds on this the fanbase will go ballistic. I look for the last Quarterly item to be the Horde Troopers, this would be the requested army builder that Scott teased. And to be fair about the Shadow Weaver sub exclusive, the line has changed over the years and the business must adjust. Hell next year every figure may be a sub exclusive?

Things could change, but I'm pretty sure Scott was referring to the Horde Troopers for the $50 spot when he was trying to drum up sales for the subscription last year. I would make a bet (though not a sizable one) that the Horde Troopers will be the 2-pack for 4Q revealed at SDCC. I don't think they need to hold them over for 2014 especially when you consider that the any of the following figures could be part of the 2014 lineup and would easily help sell subscriptions:

Two Bad
    Modulok
    Rio Blast
    Stonedar
    Tung Lashor
    Glimmer
    Mermista
    Scorpia
    Strongarm
    Flogg
    Hydron

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    I Just wish Scott could come across as transparent as the 4h. These guys are solid dudes and I love how willingly they talk about the art of toymaking. It baffles me why Mattel wont state there production numbers for an Adult Collector limited run production. I think actually stating and putting a number on the package...(1 of 5,000 or 1 of 7,500) would actually bolster sales and help the collector value in these things. I think the "Sub or Die" mentality will not bolster sales. Not only will it drive away the more casual collectors, but lets face it...MOTUC is line thats pushing traffic to mattycollector.com, No Day of Sale MOTUC = loss of sales for DC UNIVERSE, WWE, and what ever other line comes out after SDCC.

ALSO, I'd like to know if Castle Grayskull will go back on sale after SDCC final version reveal...It would only be fair to all the customer base still on the fence if they could still pre-order now knowing, "What you see is what you get"....dose that not make sense?
    Most major companies will not give out production numbers, unless its a special 1 off kind of thing, like the 200X he-man they did that was numbered

and as far as the CG ordering opening up, Id so you are out of luck. B/c you could have preordered it when they last opened it up. Not pay a dime. See CG at SDCC and if you were not happy with what is shown at SDCC you could have canceled your preorder by the end of August.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Scott gets shish kabobbed for everything he says that is semi-questionable, if they change their minds on this the fanbase will go ballistic. I look for the last Quarterly item to be the Horde Troopers, this would be the requested army builder that Scott teased. And to be fair about the Shadow Weaver sub exclusive, the line has changed over the years and the business must adjust. Hell next year every figure may be a sub exclusive?
    didnt say people wouldnt be angry, just said he would not be doing anything illegal or that would warrant legal action to be taken against Mattel

Heroic Warrior

I think Scott is a "solid dude" he just works for a company that keeps most of their information in house (it's like that with almost any large company/corporation). They probably have a confidentiality clause in his contract and all Mattel employees contracts and their vendors/suppliers/etc. You don't see the Horsemen doling out Mattel sales/production information because they are held to the same standard.

As far as Castle Grayskull the best to hope for would be the Castle being available for Day of Sale, I don't see this pre-order opening up again.
    Last edited by cbomb23; March 13, 2013 at 01:56pm.

Yeah, I don't see Hasbro, Playmates, or Bandai divulging any information about their production numbers. It's not just a Mattel thing.

Hey, Val,
    Cool- I voted the exact same way for my Grayskull choices. All different lines and eras. Even Draego-man too... Hopefully others took this approach.
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Dude you are just flat out wrong. We all new well going into this sub what all the quarterly items would be (not who they would be) but what they would be. The first two were already announced as I stated before. It was definitely confirmed that the last item, the $50, would be an army builder 2 pack. ToyGuru further stated it would be one of the most requested army builder packs. Which led everyone to the speculation it would be Horde Troopers. I gurantee you the $50 item will be some type of army builder 2 pack. Whether it is the Horde Troopers is still somewhat debatable. But, I would guess that chances are about 75% that it will be the Horde Troopers. I might have been wrong about the Matty page, but is was DEFINETLY stated what the four quarterly items would be sometime during SDCC or during the presale. (1 oversized figure, 1 3pack set, 1 variant, and 1 army builder 2 pack)
    Last edited by csc0709; March 13, 2013 at 01:41pm.

I am sure they will sell these again,but again,instead of rushing off and cancelling your order,you could have waited until sdcc,if you still were not sold on it you could cancel by August 30th. No ,if the put these back up,you will be spending at least $50 more.

Fine that you cancelled,but I get the felling Mattel is darned if the do and darned if they don't with some people.

Jumping the gun on cancelling hurt only those that cancelled.

Just my thoughts.

On to the episode,awesome as always. I can not wait for sdcc,and go right ahead and put the subs on sale early,I will buy blind knowing we are completing the vintage collection.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Dude you are just flat out wrong. We all new well going into this sub what all the quarterly items would be (not who they would be) but what they would be. The first two were already announced as I stated before. It was definitely confirmed that the last item, the $50, would be an army builder 2 pack. ToyGuru further stated it would be one of the most requested army builder packs. Which led everyone to the speculation it would be Horde Troopers. I gurantee you the $50 item will be some type of army builder 2 pack. Whether it is the Horde Troopers is still somewhat debatable. But, I would guess that chances are about 75% that it will be the Horde Troopers. I might have been wrong about the Matty page, but is was DEFINETLY said what the four quarterly items would be at SDCC.
    I NEVER said he didnt hint at it LOL

I said there is NOTHING ILLEGAL going on, if he changes it to a different $50 item. Period.

And most likely it still will be the horde troopers, but going BACK to my point, it being in 2013 does nothing to help 2014 subs, putting it in the 2014 sub 1st quarter would help 2014.

everything is legally subject to change

There are still plenty of characters out there that can be used for 2014 sub bait. They don't need to push back the Horde Troopers if they were already slotted for 2013. Plus this might be the last subscription 2-pack that we get. I could see Mattel nixing the deluxe quarterly items to lower the overall cost of the sub.

I NEVER said he didnt hint at it LOL

I said there is NOTHING ILLEGAL going on, if he changes it to a different $50 item. Period.

And most likely it still will be the horde troopers, but going BACK to my point, it being in 2013 does nothing to help 2014 subs, putting it in the 2014 sub 1st quarter would help 2014.

That would seal the deal for 2014. They could also sell extra troopers for subscribers only as well.

$50 item only means.......$50 item.

I also think 2014 and 2015 are happening 100%. In fact,I believe 2014 could be the biggest year ever for the subs. I have heard some rumors of what is coming,and if even a tenth of it is true it will blow us away. I also believe 2016 and beyond could still happen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

I also think 2014 and 2015 are happening 100%. In fact,I believe 2014 could be the biggest year ever for the subs. I have heard some rumors of what is coming,and if even a tenth of it is true it will blow us away. I also believe 2016 and beyond could still happen as well.
    You can't possibly know anything for 100% because the sales totals for the 2014 sub don't exist yet.

At this point it's pretty easy to deduce who will be be coming in 2014 and 2015 since Scott has adjusted the lineup. There's still some guesswork, but I think the refocused character selection will help sell a lot of subscriptions. Maybe not the most ever, but I think it will be enough to move forward.

Also, Scott did indeed say an army builder pack was coming in 2013. I don't see why they would change the 2013 lineup if he used the statement to sell subscriptions.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Toy-Guru-Hint

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    At this point it's pretty easy to deduce who will be be coming in 2014 and 2015 since Scott has adjusted the lineup. There's still some guesswork, but I think the refocused character selection will help sell a lot of subscriptions. Maybe not the most ever, but I think it will be enough to move forward.

Also, Scott did indeed say an army builder pack was coming in 2013. I don't see why they would change the 2013 lineup if he used the statement to sell subscriptions.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Toy-Guru-Hint
    And what you see in the B-Sheets for CG is what you are getting (Subject to Change)

You can't possibly know anything for 100% because the sales totals for the 2014 sub don't exist yet.
    99%...that work for you.

Also said I think.

Also like the jlu figures,I trully believe Mattel has invested so much now that they do want to finish this line right,I feel confident that these two years are happening,with or with out higher numbers.

My thoughts on this anyways,though I do tend to be positive.....this is heman.org,right?

But not the $50 fourth quarterly item. It legally has to be an army builder pack! ToyGuru is still a representative of Mattel and cofirmed that the item will be an army builder pack during the subscription sale. The only subjective thing in his statement was "that fans have been asking for years now."
    Last edited by csc0709; March 13, 2013 at 02:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Agreed. I don't think there will be any surprises in store for 2014/2015. Basically look at what's left that hasn't been made yet in vintage MOTU and PoP and throw Hydron and Flogg in and that's our 2014/2015 lineup. I also believe we'll get a Filmation Sub in 2014 as well, but I don't think it will be a full 12 figure sub, I think it will be another 6 figure sub that ships one figure every other month, like the 30th Anniversary sub.

I can't imagine these subs not going through. This prospect HAS to have the fan community excited and ready to sub.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxysurfer View Post
    Agreed. I don't think there will be any surprises in store for 2014/2015. Basically look at what's left that hasn't been made yet in vintage MOTU and PoP and throw Hydron and Flogg in and that's our 2014/2015 lineup. I also believe we'll get a Filmation Sub in 2014 as well, but I don't think it will be a full 12 figure sub, I think it will be another 6 figure sub that ships one figure every other month, like the 30th Anniversary sub.

I can't imagine these subs not going through. This prospect HAS to have the fan community excited and ready to sub.
    I trully hope a Filmation sub next year only has 6 figures,but the talk around here seems to indicate that many expect a 12 figure sub. That might be pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I trully hope a Filmation sub next year only has 6 figures,but the talk around here seems to indicate that many expect a 12 figure sub. That might be pushing it.
    I can handle an extra 6 mini sub....but a 12 figure one is pushing it.....especially if quarterlies are still in the main sub. So I hope if there is any mini sub they stick with 6 as well!

100% tooled figure....Kowl?! 90% tooled figure......Troopers?!

But not the $50 fourth quarterly item. It legally has to be an army builder pack! ToyGuru is still a representative of Mattel and cofirmed that the item will be an army builder pack during the subscription sale. The only subjective thing in his statement was "that fans have been asking for years now."
    ok this is the last I will say on it, since you seem intent on ignoring the facts. The only thing that is legally binding is the $50 spot. NO WHERE ON THE SUB PAGE DOES IT STATE THE $50 ITEM IS AN ARMY BUILDER. Anything TG says outside of that, might as well be hot air, it doesnt count as far as LEGALLY goes.

Its no different then TG saying that CG would at least be what the b-sheet showed. yet on the sale page for CG, it states nothing is final and it still could change.