Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 115 Discussion!

I should have the right to cancel and repurchase my CG pre-order at the $250 price point as often as I want. I'm very indecisive!

Listen to the episode now. I'd like to point out to Danielle that for 2 years I worked on costumes for those "tacky Vegas style shows" for Holland America. :o Some of the costumes are/were super tacky! lol
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yes subject to change. Phrase of the year.

And yes, legally everything is fine. There could certainly not be a class action suit that would be winnable if a army builder 2 pack does not appear. We sure have a lot of arm chair lawyers and lawmakers round these parts.

Now is it ethical? Who cares? What are ethics?

Now it certainly is not illegal, and if it is unethical is debatable. I do feel pretty confident that if there does not end up being a army builder set, or heck even if there is one and it is lame, that while no one can rush off to court an win a settlement, or get someone tossed in jail that there would be a heavy cost in fan support towards the line. I think a lot of people believe that Horde troopers will come this year, and subject to change is not a cure for disappointment.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Subject to change can be a two way street as well. Mattel has shown many things this year that were subject to change. As a consequence, many fans desires to sub up again in 2014 is now subject to change as well. I, for one, will still be receiving my figures as long as they are available, but Mattel needs to realize that when you prove to be wishy washy, then you will drive away paying customers. I wish they would clean up their act and mean it, for a change. LONG LIVE MOTUC!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think the Horde Troopers should come out for 2014 to sell that sub. Classics needs all the help it could get and shouldn't blow all of it's stamina in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    didnt say people wouldnt be angry, just said he would not be doing anything illegal or that would warrant legal action to be taken against Mattel
    Who is going to sue Mattel if it isn't an army builder?

(Did the default font change?)

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think the Horde Troopers should come out for 2014 to sell that sub. Classics needs all the help it could get and shouldn't blow all of it's stamina in 2013.

Who is going to sue Mattel if it isn't an army builder?

(Did the default font change?)
    Law-yor, Evil Master of the frivolous lawsuit, that's who!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

There are plenty of sub sellers with the refocus of the line to get to the most demanded figures in 2014 and 2015. There is no reason to move the Horde Troopers if they are in fact slotted as the $50 item later this year. In the past couple years they have lead with the Star Sisters and FFM and while they may have deterred people from subscribing Mattel wasn't shy about putting them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    ok this is the last I will say on it, since you seem intent on ignoring the facts. The only thing that is legally binding is the $50 spot. NO WHERE ON THE SUB PAGE DOES IT STATE THE $50 ITEM IS AN ARMY BUILDER. Anything TG says outside of that, might as well be hot air, it doesnt count as far as LEGALLY goes.

Its no different then TG saying that CG would at least be what the b-sheet showed. yet on the sale page for CG, it states nothing is final and it still could change.
    Dude, I'm going to continue to disagree with you because your are WRONG! If a legal representative of Mattel makes a factual statement on Mattel's behalf of what a particular item is going to be in a subscription to get more sales for that subscription, it is legally binding. We have it in writing. Mattel can be held legally responsible for mis-representing the facts if it turns out to be anything different other than a $50 army builder item. I gurantee you that it will be an army builder pack. Most likely the Horde Troopers, but that is not as certain. Now I agree they could move the Horde Troopers (presuming that they are indeed the 4th quarter item) out to 1st quarter 2014, but they must replace the 4th quarter item with another $50 army builder pack. Given that Mattel plans things several months out, this is not likely to occur. Whatever is planned for the 4th quarter was the likely plan since day one. (It could snow in June in Texas, but that isn't very likely either!)
    Last edited by csc0709; March 13, 2013 at 05:51pm.

And people wonder why Mattel's legal team doesn't allow the reveal of the entire line up.

Listening to now, pure gold. Hey, CB, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY, DO ANOTHER RUN OF ANUBOS, PLEASE.
    Last edited by rankinman; March 14, 2013 at 03:01am.

Heroic Warrior
    Great episode, I love hearing the 4HM talk, they are very kind.

Glad to hear, that more exciting stuff is coming, I'm all for more bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Law-yor, Evil Master of the frivolous lawsuit, that's who!
    Another guy to go along side Mo-Larrr.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    Mattel can be held legally responsible for mis-representing the facts if it turns out to be anything different other than a $50 army builder item. I gurantee you that it will be an army builder pack.
    What if it's a 2-pack along the lines of Rokkon and Stonedar? Scott did sorta kinda tease them on the show.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    What if it's a 2-pack along the lines of Rokkon and Stonedar? Scott did sorta kinda tease them on the show.
    Well that would be an odd army builder 2 pack? And hardly what I would call one of the most fan demanded ones at that. I'd rather see those as single releases, but that's just me?

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    The 50.00 is still a fan demanded army builder two pack. I've seen the sculpt and they are spectacular.

Is it 'fan demanded' or 'a fan demanded'? Just teasing TG & after your spectacular comment I'm going Skeleton Warriors. A 4H Skeleton sculpt would be spectacular.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The 50.00 is still a fan demanded army builder two pack. I've seen the sculpt and they are spectacular.
    Good to know I can't wait for the Horde Troopers!

WOW I can smell them. Anyway After getting Ram-man! and seeing Mantenna I don't care what the 50 figure would be, bring in whatever you like!
    Also Cornboy said they were working on Two-bad!

Great show as usual!!!

that would mean its EITHER Filmation Hover Knight Robots -or- Horde Troopers.

...either way its a WIN/WIN situation!

BRING EM ON!

A great informative episode. I hope that Cornboy returns it was fun getting to hear his side of things, and so he can be a part of dueling Skeletors.

Horde troopers are my hope but it seems odd that they would not have been used as a sub lore so maybe it is the Skeletor robots or warriors.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Twigget Army? Eh? Eh? Anyone? -crickets-
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Horde troopers are my hope but it seems odd that they would not have been used as a sub lore so maybe it is the Skeletor robots or warriors.
    I think with the redone roadmap that there will be plenty of sub lure in 2014. Plus, don't underestimate the effect a great reveal like Horde Troopers could have on sub sales since the reveal and sales all happen around SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    that would mean its EITHER Filmation Hover Knight Robots -or- Horde Troopers.

...either way its a WIN/WIN situation!

BRING EM ON!
    IF they are (or when we do get) Hover Robots, am I the only one who thinks it needs to either be a 3-pack OR have a TON of attachments and extras to be equivalent to a two-pack of a fully articulated figure like Horde Troopers?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Well that would be an odd army builder 2 pack?
    My fault. I was just thinking potential 2-pack. Not army builder.

Quote Originally Posted by MLHumble View Post
    Twigget Army? Eh? Eh? Anyone? -crickets-
    GAH!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    IF they are (or when we do get) Hover Robots, am I the only one who thinks it needs to either be a 3-pack OR have a TON of attachments and extras to be equivalent to a two-pack of a fully articulated figure like Horde Troopers?
    I hope so. I want them BAD. Number 1 want for me!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    loving that gif!

I think the fully tooled figure will be Calix with his white crossbow.
    Or Dylamug!!!!!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz