Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Buzz Saw Hordak discussion

MOTUC Buzz Saw Hordak discussion

Yes, I did a search and am surprised there was never a thread created for BS Hordak in Classics.

I was inspired by the new Rio Blast. The Classics Buzz Saw would have a fold down chest panel like Classics Rio, but with no action feature or hole in chest. It would be the basic male buck with simply new armor. The buzz saw could then be placed on the panel after it's pulled down.

Here's my great idea, though:

The Classics Buzz Saw Hordak armor would go all the way down to the belt, unlike the regular Hordak with his "belly shirt" armor to allow ab-crunch. I HATED the belly-shirt armor on OG Hordak, this would make me happy.

ALSO: they could do a two-for-one deal: MOTUC BS Hordak would have BLUE skin and FILMation Hordak head sculpt! Yay?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

This will be probably moved to the Speculation thread, but I agree on combining BS Hordak with Filmation Hordak to Justify this variant. If they play it smart, they can make his arms removable to swap with the arm cannon so he can be "Truly Filmation." Also for those who prefer a Gray BS Hordak they could swap the Torso Armor with Normal Hordak.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Yep, moved to Speculation. There was actually an old combined Hurrican/Buzz-Saw thread, but I'll leave this separate as Hurricane was made.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Thanks JonWes. Anyway, I just thought of another gimmick for the figure: a swappable horde face on the armor: one regular and another a smiley face (from the mini-comic when Hordak first entered Central Tower, he became "good" and has a smiley-face on his chest emblem). It would be silly and fun, but a nice little homage.

And as DO4M stated, the armor could be mixed with OG Hordak for the complete vintage look.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'd be most happy to see this released with the action feature intact.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Not only do I (and I have since the first MOTUC Hordak) want Filmation so terribly bad I, and above just about everyone other than Songster, but I just dont need the last few variants.

Sure, give me a Slime Pit He-Man (servant of the Horde), Filmation Hordak, & Vintage Toy Catra.

But terror claw flying fist buzzsaw ect?....man just no, or after 2015.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Release Filmation Hordak and name him "Buzz Saw Hordak" on the card. I don't want another grey Hordak.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I doubt we will see any more vintage toy variants of Hordak or She-Ra (and none of Catra) based on how poorly Hurricane Hordak and Bubble Power She-Ra seemed to perform.

Filmation Hordak would probably include Imp or body part accessories and could have its own unique armor sculpt.

I think the most likely way we would get Buzz-Saw Hordak's armor and saw would be in a post-2015 weapons pak.

I love the idea that it could be sculpted longer to cover the abs like the Fisto armor. Although looking at more recent releases such as Clamp Champ, someone at Mattel must think it is funny to design figures so you can see the belly button.

Now that I think about it, Mattel should offer it as a promotional item. I would buy an old, carded Hurricane Hordak bundled with the new, poly-bagged Buzz-Saw Hordak armor and saw for the right price. Might bug MOC collectors, but better than nothing.
    Last edited by ShadowBeast; February 20, 2014 at 01:28pm.

I'd take it exactly as you described, VZX!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Court Magician

Why Buzzsaw Hordak???

From the pics I have been able to find online it doesn't seem like BS Hordak looks any different than regular Hordak. The only difference is when the action feature is open and we all know this line doesn't do action features. So why waste a slot for this guy? Would you really feel like the vintage line wasn't complete if they skipped him and used that valuable slot for a more desirable figure? My apologies if this has been addressed previously. I bring it up because the slots in this last year are far too valuable to waste.

John

Widget
    Same thought here

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Rumors that are floating around say he will be coming with Mantisaur. But again, that is only rumor.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Buzz Saw Hordak finishes the vintage variants, which TG promised everyone. Plus, I would think that because he is a relatively cheap figure to make, they would probably add a really cool accessory to him - maybe the new hydra form of King Hsss?
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

I believe Scott has already addressed this on a RGD and said that they have worked to make him as awesome as they can. So Filmation head, packed in with Mantisaur, coming with some fan demanded accessories for other figures maybe or perhaps with that snake body for the 200X King Hsss?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I believe Scott has already addressed this on a RGD and said that they have worked to make him as awesome as they can. So Filmation head, packed in with Mantisaur, coming with some fan demanded accessories for other figures maybe or perhaps with that snake body for the 200X King Hsss?
    That would be epic if he came with all of that!

I find him a very pointless variant too, not that I'm a fan of outfit variants at the best of times. Hopefully he will come with a Filmation head for Failmation Hordak to justify his existence.

To be fair although he may be boring, it has long been said these 2 years would finish off all the vintage figures and people didn't say anything. I have faith they will put in something extra that will make everyone forget they didn't want him

Quote Originally Posted by Jest-or View Post
    To be fair although he may be boring, it has long been said these 2 years would finish off all the vintage figures and people didn't say anything. I have faith they will put in something extra that will make everyone forget they didn't want him
    Toy Guru had stated this himself. They knew he was plain and were going to spruce him up big time.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Just sell us a buzz saw in a plastic baggy for $3. BS Hordak done and dusted.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    If he comes as part of a pack with Mantisaur, then I'm ALL for it. Bring it on!
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Crazy thought...would fans be upset if "Buzzsaw Hordak" turned out to be 200X Hordak with a Buzzsaw?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That would be fine by me...and very cool!

Post #9,000.

I'd be fine with this also. ----^
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

As much as I would like that fan wish-turned-rumor to come true, I highly doubt that we will see Buzz-Saw Hordak in a set with Mantisaur.

In previous years, I campaigned for the figure having the potential to correct stuff like the armor going all way down to the belt and being packed with fan-demanded accessoires. Now after we got Imp and the white crossbow, it's getting tougher. However, I always loved my vintage BS Hordak, so I'm actually looking forward to the MotUC version.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar

I sure as heck wouldn't say no to that. That version of Hordak os the ultimate for me.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!