Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: [Strobo Sold out] POST HERE once you have ordered Strobo 3/14/2013

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    While I am puzzled over some of the reactions to people missing out on this too like it is life or death, I think your statement is totally off base too. Most of these cons you are pointing too happen on the west coast (not all fans are on the west coast), and even for like the one in New York--that's still a big comittment for people to make to just get a figure. Really, I'm just happy to get King He-Man and Fang-Man myself and not sweating Strobo at all now. I try to stay in the middle of the argument on this, but I can see why ppl are frustrated since there should have been a purchase limit (lower than 10) on this since it was being presented like an award to sub holders. I also do not see foaming out the mouth on this either--but the fans that are wagging their fingers at other fans saying that you just need to suck it up and go to cons,etc... is REALLY annoying as well
    I agree that quantities should have been limited, 2-3 is a reasonable amount. I didn't mean that people should suck it up and go to a con, but rather that the item is being offered early and later in the year, and people are mad that they can't have it now. And the people complaining aren't going to a con to get a con exclusive, they will be able to log on to their computer and buy him later this year, and they act like they're missing the figure completely.
    I used to just get my con exclusives on the secondary market, they're not normal release figures, so I didn't mind spending the extra $. The fact that Matty (or anyone) makes them available online to fans not attending cons is really catering to their fan base. The thing is, how is someone that doesn't go to a con just as entitled to the same exact figure as someone that does? I understand that not everyone lives on the West Coast or near a con, but people come to SDCC from all over the world, not just from the area. So how is it that someone that simply logs onto their computer get the same privilege as someone that goes to let's say SDCC and has traveled from Pennsylvania? People should be grateful, not losing their minds because they missed one sale and have to wait a bit.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Hopefully the majority of people have calmed down today and come to realize that Strobo selling out in a few minutes is not a big deal. HE WILL BE BACK. Why does everyone feel that they should be entitled to this figure now, before they actual planned release?

As others have mentioned, a convention exclusive that everyone owns BEFORE the conventions is ridiculous. Conventions count of these type of exclusives to bring people in. To rob them of one of their drawing cards is just plain vindictive. Also, an “exclusive” figure that everyone owns is not really an exclusive. I have never been to an SDCC but I have every exclusive that I wanted from that over the years. Without resorting to paying high ebay prices! Just a little wheeling and dealing and keeping patient and you can get these type of things for a reasonable price (or trade).

These will be available all year and will appear on Matty at the end of the year. If I can't get one through Matty than I will resort to the collecting forums. If I can't secure one from a fellow board member than I am not worthy of the name collector.

It also boggles the mind how many people are quick to blame the scalpers and the 10 figure limit as the cause of the problem. With no facts or knowledge or any type of sales data to back it up. But, I guess it is easier to blame some unknown entity for this rather than use cool, calm reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    \o/ I missed out on Strobo! \o/

Officially put me in the camp with the "I understand low quantities for a con exclusive but why let people buy 10" folks, if anyone is keeping track of such things. That is only the second time I've ever tried to order something and missed out. The first time was Battle Cat and I eventually got him on second run. I'm a little upset about this one because I have to add another to the short list of characters I don't have.

Bubble Power She-Ra (although technically I did get one, but itwas a gift for my daughter)
    Vykron (I opted out on this one voluntarily)
    but...
    Temple of Darkness Sorceress
    and now Strobo

These travelling con figures are kicking my back side. And I refuse to pay secondary market extortion prices for them. That's just ridiculous. So much for early access. Strobo was the only figure I planned to use it for.
    ToD Sorceress was on sale all Thanksgiving weekend last year, from Friday at midnight to Monday around 11 am. I'm guessing Strobo will be available then as well for about the same length of time if the "gotta-get-it-now!!!" people don't drive the price crazy high.
    And ToD sorceress is selling for about $40 shipped on evilbay. Which is higher than the $30-32 it would have cost last year, but it isn't Fisto or Whiplash prices. Check the marketplace for a $32 to $35 ToD Sorceress, I'm sure one will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    I agree that quantities should have been limited, 2-3 is a reasonable amount. I didn't mean that people should suck it up and go to a con, but rather that the item is being offered early and later in the year, and people are mad that they can't have it now. And the people complaining aren't going to a con to get a con exclusive, they will be able to log on to their computer and buy him later this year, and they act like they're missing the figure completely.
    I used to just get my con exclusives on the secondary market, they're not normal release figures, so I didn't mind spending the extra $. The fact that Matty (or anyone) makes them available online to fans not attending cons is really catering to their fan base. The thing is, how is someone that doesn't go to a con just as entitled to the same exact figure as someone that does? I understand that not everyone lives on the West Coast or near a con, but people come to SDCC from all over the world, not just from the area. So how is it that someone that simply logs onto their computer get the same privilege as someone that goes to let's say SDCC and has traveled from Pennsylvania? People should be grateful, not losing their minds because they missed one sale and have to wait a bit.
    I agree that it is a nice perk to have these offered online and honestly if you do go to a convention there should be something special about the figure (like the sticker on Faker) that isn't on the online version. I think people really do need to try to chill out with some of the anger on this topic (and lots of others), but it is sad when some people who actually were able to purchase Strobo yesterday are coming on the boards to basically lord it over other fans who didn't. Not saying your'e doing that (just bothered by the con statement), but there are definitely some people who appear to be doing that which is VERY sad (just as sad as the personal attacks against TG,etc...)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    I'm a little upset about this one because I have to add another to the short list of characters I don't have.

Bubble Power She-Ra (although technically I did get one, but it was a gift for my daughter)
    BP She-Ra is still available for purchase on Matty if you still want her.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I agree that it is a nice perk to have these offered online and honestly if you do go to a convention there should be something special about the figure (like the sticker on Faker) that isn't on the online version. I think people really do need to try to chill out with some of the anger on this topic (and lots of others), but it is sad when some people who actually were able to purchase Strobo yesterday are coming on the boards to basically lord it over other fans who didn't. Not saying your'e doing that (just bothered by the con statement), but there are definitely some people who appear to be doing that which is VERY sad (just as sad as the personal attacks against TG,etc...)
    I think it's the height of rudeness when people rub their Strobo purchase in others faces. The way I see it, we've all lost out on a figure at one point or another, it's not cool. Also, this is an expensive line to collect, it's an investment, this hits you in the wallet, and that's never funny.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Let me be clear here. I'm not so much upset that I missed out as I fully agree that a con exclusive should be just that. I'm upset that I missed out while there are people who loaded up on 10 to resell on the secondary market. To me this should have been a 2-3 max allotment figure. And I understand, where do you draw the line because then the international fans get stung again by not being able to purchase in bulk together. I'll get over this and see if I can pick him up later in the year. But that's why I missed out on ToD Sorceress, because I was away from my cpu for Thanksgiving and couldn't order her when she went up, so I didn't even get a chance to try for her. That's my problem. This one stings because I got amped that we were going to get a shot at him as part of our early access privilege and BLAMMO! ...60 SECOND SELL OUT. And now these .....entrepreneurs (for lack of being able to call them what I would like to on this public forum)...... are out scalping them on e-bay.

Am I surprised? Not at all.

Am I a little irritated? Yes.

Will I get over it? Yes.

I'm just sore that I missed out is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    BP She-Ra is still available for purchase on Matty if you still want her.
    Meh. I know, I just don't know if I want her MOC when I've already got a loose one that the kid has beaten up. BP She-ra and Vykron I'm not all that upset about to be honest.

...Ha...a loose She-Ra. That sounds awful.
    Kittens are delicious!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I never thought I'd say this, but I just want this line to be over.

I want to complete it and be done.

It just isn't fun anymore.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post

huh? why? B/c not everyone got a VERY early access to an exclusive show item?

This isnt the only time he will show up for sale, there was NEVER a guarantee anyone would get one, just the chance to get one early.

Again, comparing it to how Hasbro does there show exclusives, you dont even know when they will show up online, they dont give you a day or a time, just boom and then its still gone in minutes.

5 years ago, almost no one was selling show exclusives online, they have always been used to get people to visit companies booths and "reward" them for spending the crap ton of money it takes to go to the show.

I understand people being a little upset over missing him right now, but think its a little drastic to wish for the end of this great toy line.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

As of right now there are 22 Strobos listed on the 'bay. Hardly the amount needed to deem that the 'majority' of the ones sold yesterday went to resellers. Its seems that most of the figures sold yesterday went to collectors. If you're not able to attend one of the cons this year, Strobo will still be for sale later in the year. TOD Sorc was available for a long time (compared to most figures in this line) last year. Everyone had a chance to get her. You'll get another chance with Strobo.

I'm quick to point out when Matty/DR need to be called out, but some of the posts I've seen on this are a bit much. This time I don't see how Matty/DR/TG are in the wrong. They said they'd have extremely limited amounts available right now for EA for a figure that will be available for basically most of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    As of right now there are 22 Strobos listed on the 'bay.
    That's 22 subbers that won't be attending a con that could have had one. And how many more that haven't gone up yet because the reseller doesn't have them in hand.

I think that the consensus from most , including myself(at least the way I'm reading it) isn't that Matty did anything wrong with their numbers other than allow people to purchase up to 10. I have no qualms about following a given structure but when the figure breaks the rule then the structure should follow suit.

And I also agree that people shouldn't be raging out over this because there will be other chances to get him later in the year. I think for some it's more the anxiety of missing out on him AGAIN later now that they've caused this stir about him. And then you're forced to go to e-bay and pay through the nose for him.
    Kittens are delicious!

I couldn't agree more, sad to say. And no fball, not just because I didn't get Strobo. Strobo is just the latest in the struggle to get these figures. The bottom line (for me) is that the figures are just often too difficult to get. The subs are now made up of too many characters that I don't care about to justify another sub for me. I dislike the fact that if I don't buy a sub (or in some cases, even if I do) that I have to immediately resort to the secondary market for a figure that was just released. In short, collecting this line just isn't fun any more. Selling out in 30 minutes is one thing, selling out in 3 minutes while not being able to get through is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post

I still think it's fun. I don't want it to be over for all of us who are still having fun with it. If people aren't having fun with it, stop collecting it. The line doesn't have to be over for that to happen. I don't WANT you to stop. But honestly, posting stuff like that just seems so overdramatic to me. And, if it's not and people REALLY feel that way... good heavens, this is supposed to be fun. Don't let your love turn to hate!

I guess that's just the nature of the internet. Sometimes it creates a mob mentality where normally very level-headed people can be swept up in some wave of emotion. People just get caught up in the moment and lose perspective. We've had many of these tempests in a tea pot before. I'm not trying to diminish people feeling annoyed or upset and I do understand these small issues can have a cumulative effect. I understand it. And, yes, I understand it's important in the here and now. But in the grand scheme of things, is it really? How many people ended up missing out on TOD Sorceress, really? I don't see a lot of talk about that. So why would anyone think Strobo would be the same?

MOTUC is about so much more than Strobo.

Can we all pause and reflect that I had to even type that?

I'll wait a bit more for a little more reflection time.

Good. Seriously. It's okay to be annoyed. But if Strobo is the downfall of the line... well, that would be very sad. And I just don't think it's true. I totally get that people need to vent. But there's a certain point where it just gets too over the top.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I still think it's fun. I don't want it to be over for all of us who are still having fun with it. If people aren't having fun with it, stop collecting it. The line doesn't have to be over for that to happen. I don't WANT you to stop. But honestly, posting stuff like that just seems so overdramatic to me. And, if it's not and people REALLY feel that way... good heavens, this is supposed to be fun. Don't let your love turn to hate!

I guess that's just the nature of the internet. Sometimes it creates a mob mentality where normally very level-headed people can be swept up in some wave of emotion. People just get caught up in the moment and lose perspective. We've had many of these tempests in a tea pot before. I'm not trying to diminish people feeling annoyed or upset and I do understand these small issues can have a cumulative effect. I understand it. And, yes, I understand it's important in the here and now. But in the grand scheme of things, is it really? How many people ended up missing out on TOD Sorceress, really? I don't see a lot of talk about that. So why would anyone think Strobo would be the same?

Can we all pause and reflect that I had to even type that?

I'll wait a bit more for a little more reflection time.

Good. Seriously. It's okay to be annoyed. But if Strobo is the downfall of the line... well, that would be very sad. And I just don't think it's true. I totally get that people need to vent. But there's a certain point where it just gets too over the top.

Applause.

Strobo......freaking really.....he is Zodac with a freaking mirror.

All the great stuff coming next year,Filmation sub,the castle ,sdcc exclusives and hopefully a vehicle.

But strobo is it.

I need that devil worshiping guy to post a pic of Cartman that says" screw you guys,going home"
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

I agree. BUT.... the same venting happened back in the WSOD days. Strobo just makes people feel like we are back in those days.....but no way will Strobo be the downfall of the line....

[QUOTE=JonWes;3231282]

QUOTE]

there was a post about FFM killing the line yet people spending $$$ on strobo, i thought was my post of the day... this one may have beatin it

When zero subs are sold after SDCC, the MOTU world will look up and shout STROBO and I will look down and whisper "no".

/\ hahahahhahaha.

I haven't called yet Matty yet... I didn't get an email confirmation, don't have it in my order history, yet my card was charged. Strange...
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    huh? why? B/c not everyone got a VERY early access to an exclusive show item?

This isnt the only time he will show up for sale, there was NEVER a guarantee anyone would get one, just the chance to get one early.

Again, comparing it to how Hasbro does there show exclusives, you dont even know when they will show up online, they dont give you a day or a time, just boom and then its still gone in minutes.

5 years ago, almost no one was selling show exclusives online, they have always been used to get people to visit companies booths and "reward" them for spending the crap ton of money it takes to go to the show.

I understand people being a little upset over missing him right now, but think its a little drastic to wish for the end of this great toy line.

Do you really think I'd make a statement like that based on ONE figure? Come on, man. Now, yes, I do feel that it should have been limited to one per Early Access sub.

It's EVERYTHING that has made collecting this line a pain in my butt from day one.

DAY ONE. From Matty's screwing up of my initial He-Man/Beast Man order, necessitating my spending way too much on them on eBay, to all of the stuff we've all dealt with...

This. This is just the cherry on top of a great sundae that we're expected to eat with a toothpick.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; March 15, 2013 at 09:44pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    LOL so by that logic, they should list every single time zone in the world. their sale started at 8am PST, for me that is 11am est, it was up to me to figure out.
    Actually, their sale started at 8am PDT, not PST (and that was precisely the source of the confusion).

European fans are a sizeable part of the MotU fandom. It would have taken them near-zero effort to add a little message on their sale reminder forewarning subbers that there's a misallignment between the dates the DST switch-over takes place in North America and Europe, and that this month's sale would be taking place precisely in the middle of that two-week misallignment period. This would have also been useful for people in countries with no DST, since there was also a switch in the correspondence between their local time and the official Los Angeles time.

And, anyway, when talking to an international audience, it is only good manners to give the UTC correspondence when date-times are mentioned (and the mere fact of an "unusual" correspondence this month with respect to that of recent previous months would itself have warned people about the DST change-over event).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

"For March, the figures are Strobo, Mekaneck® and Keldor™. Strobo is our “traveling convention figure” for 2013 and he’s currently only available through Early Access. Everyone else will have to wait for Power-Con or the other conventions, or get him later on MattyCollector.com… if any figures remain!"

Just reread the announcement email. Too funny. It sure does sound that everybody who wanted him with Early Access could have purchased him that morning. I guess the vast majority of us with Early Access that missed out are now "everybody else" peons. Nowhere does it say extremely limited stock to be sold during Early Access, etc. that others have said they told us. Not to keep beating this thing, but I gotta stop believing these well crafted Matty statements that are nowhere near the truth. Castle Grayskull anyone?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    When zero subs are sold after SDCC, the MOTU world will look up and shout STROBO and I will look down and whisper "no".
    Dude, very funny

Quote Originally Posted by maa5 View Post
    "For March, the figures are Strobo, Mekaneck® and Keldor™. Strobo is our “traveling convention figure” for 2013 and he’s currently only available through Early Access. Everyone else will have to wait for Power-Con or the other conventions, or get him later on MattyCollector.com… if any figures remain!"

Just reread the announcement email. Too funny. It sure does sound that everybody who wanted him with Early Access could have purchased him that morning. I guess the vast majority of us with Early Access that missed out are now "everybody else" peons. Nowhere does it say extremely limited stock to be sold during Early Access, etc. that others have said they told us. Not to keep beating this thing, but I gotta stop believing these well crafted Matty statements that are nowhere near the truth. Castle Grayskull anyone?
    Scott had made it known it would be "limited" stock of Strobo available.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    Scott had made it known it would be "limited" stock of Strobo available.
    As far as I know, he only made it known in Pixel Dan's video walkthrough, and even then it was just a passing statement. Is there anywhere else he stated this?, because I can't seem to find it. If that is the case, then it's definitely understandable that people are very upset over a 2 minute sellout when it wasn't actually *announced* that it would be such a short supply. Not everybody watches Dan's videos (I do, of course, lol), so you can't really blame everybody for not getting the memo, as it were. Not directing this at *you* per say, I'm just noticing that I keep seeing statements that Scott "announced" and "made it known", but I don't really see how making a quick comment in Pixel Dan's video is making the limited availability widely known.
    Last edited by galaxysurfer; March 17, 2013 at 01:23pm.