Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Strobo Sold out] POST HERE once you have ordered Strobo 3/14/2013

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Missed him! I was logged into early access at least 5 minutes before the sale time and even then it didn't start on time, when I finally got in, he was gone!

Anyway, hope I can get one some time this year.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I refreshed for 1 or 2 mins. at 11am and the Add To Cart would only show up when I actually clicked on Strobo. Once I added him, it was smooth sailing...I'm surprisingly excited for him!

I added him and by the time I was trying to submit the order it was sold out! I simply lucked out! And most of the ebay sellers are also out!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    wow that was fast
    Last edited by hordeall; March 14, 2013 at 11:33am.

First time I have tried this early access and its worthless, way to go matty. I had him in my cart after he was still listed as coming soon 2 min into the sale yet he sold out while I was checking out. Why they would not have enough for subscribers is beyond me. Im sure when they ask why subs are down later this year things like this will be brought up. As for me I tried early access and its pointless, luckily I go to powercon so im all good.

Ordered 1 Strobo, shipping DHL, received my email confirmation.

I managed to get a strobo, things of note,
    1) I was trying to get em at 10:59 am est, he was not "Available" until 11:05am est
    2) He was sold out by 11:08am est? WOW

3) LOLWUT at this confirmation email... it thanked me for ordering on April 30th 2012 and was talking about the filmation sub, although in the actual order section showing what I purchase it did say Strobo and had the correct prices, I think someone forgot to update the standard automated email confirmation response

4) I am sorry that a lot of people are missing out on this figure, this really sucks and doesn't help in anyway shape or form of convincing people to subscribe next year
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

OMG, I am so mad at myself. I've been reminding myself all morning to get on at 11 and try to get me a Strobo then I got distracted talking to a co-worker and totally forgot. Just got on and saw he was sold out but from what I'm reading I probably would not have scored him anyway with the ridiculous sell out time. What's the point of Early Access again?
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    He went "live for me at about 10:32 CT I was done with my order at 10:04. Got an easy captcha I guess.

Hit Submit order button at 2 minutes after...sold out.

Oh well. Thank god I have extra Teelas, Fistos, and Sorceresses that I can sell to make up what I'll have to pay to pick one up on Ebay.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    In and out. I got the 2 minute delay but still managed to get myself 1 and 1 for a friend.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Thankfully my order went through! I just ordered one Strobo for myself.

They really need to do something about that early access page, though. That thing is just setting you up for failure if you want multiple items and one of them sells out as quickly as Strobo did.

The normal MattyCollector 'day of' sales pages always have the items listed with a little box next to them that you can enter the quantity into. Once you enter a quantity into each of the items that you want, you click the add to cart button at the bottom of the page and it adds everything to your cart at once.

With the early access page, each item has it's own separate "add to cart" button, with no quantity boxes. This means that to add different items to your cart, you have to go back and forth between the page listing the figures and your cart, then adjust the quantities if you want more than one of anything.

I was considering getting a pack of the clamshells for a few figures that I do keep MOC, but when I saw that I couldn't add them to the cart simultaneously with Strobo, I just went for him, since they said only a limited amount would be on sale and I figured he's sell out fast. So, I'm very glad that I got my Strobo, but Mattel lost an order of the clamshells in the process, and I'm not placing a separate order with a separate shipping charge just to get them.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by revelat10n View Post
    Strobo sold out while ******* around with the captcha phrase
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    had one in my cart at 10:02, entered captcha twice and was told sold out
    Mee too.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Okay, that's it, Early Access is worthless. I came home from work, was here early, had to log in several times to get rid of "Coming Soon" and in 4 minutes I'm told it's sold out. **** you Matty for wasting my time.
    I set my alarm to wake me up in the middle of the night for this, when I have to get up early (but not THIS early) anyway to drive a family member to the hospital to have tumors scanned, and I wake up for nothing?

Here's a free business hint: The secret to making money in retail is to SELL as much of your product as you can, NOT limit it so extremely that you only frustrate your loyal subscribers.
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Geez must have been a real low amount of Strobos made if he sold out this fast. I missed out too. I didn't even get to put him in my cart. As soon as I logged on he was already sold out.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Ok you have to be kidding. I thought it was a glitch at first but come on 2minutes???!! now that's ridiculous. I had 2 in my cart and then entered the captcha and Strobo was gone.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I was considering getting a pack of the clamshells for a few figures that I do keep MOC, but when I saw that I couldn't add them to the cart simultaneously with Strobo, I just went for him, since they said only a limited amount would be on sale and I figured he's sell out fast. So, I'm very glad that I got my Strobo, but Mattel lost an order of the clamshells in the process, and I'm not placing a separate order with a separate shipping charge just to get them.
    I was going to buy a Mekaneck as well but it just isn't worth the shipping unless I get 2 or more items. Since I got pooched on a Strobo, They lose an order for Mekaneck as well.
    My Wants and for trade list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...19#post3326519

GI Joe Figures, Vehicles, Parts and Accessories for sale

http://www.gijoejunkyard.com

No successful order here. I clicked add to cart twice and he never was added to the cart. There was some serious glitch on their website or something. Guess I have to hope Matty will get more later.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Missed out
    Was on Matty at 15:00GMT, clicked on submit at 15:05 and got the sold out message
    They couldn't have had very many.
    Oh well hopefully someone will pick me one up from PowerCon, probably better that way as I'll get a reasonable shipping price and no customs fee.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    I hate when the sales start late. I don't have time to stare at the screen every second.

I can still get him at NYCC, but it's still annoying.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

That was so fast I feel like it was a mistake of some sort. I keep refreshing the early access page to see if he pops back up.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    That was so fast I feel like it was a mistake of some sort. I keep refreshing the early access page to see if he pops back up.
    I do too. Like Hasbro Toy Shop
    My Wants and for trade list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...19#post3326519

GI Joe Figures, Vehicles, Parts and Accessories for sale

http://www.gijoejunkyard.com

I'm not sure he was available for even one full minute. I only ordered one. Feel really bad for the people who had him in the cart and didn't make it through checkout. That stinks...
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

offering a travelling convention figure for early access is stupid. they likely have low quantities, then this happens.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Aagh I got mixed up with the times as I am in the UK - logged on at a few minutes past the hour and saw Strobo clicked add to basked and was sold out - jeez was there a 10 figure limit or did they only put up a handful? First time I have ever missed out from a DOS (or in this case Early Access) sale

Still ebay had a couple on and managed to grab one - cost more than Matty but at least I wont have to worry about import fees!

Easy peesy. One Strobo for me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app