Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: King He-Man and Fang Man Arrival !!!

they are great. line only better and better. i want more new. life after vintage if fans rally. real fans of the property, not just fans of its history

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Got my Fang Man, King He-man, and Strobo today! Fang Man is well....kinda squished.

Attachment 83582
    Jeez!
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Zenon Reviews!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Thought this looked kinda cool, as a way to draw your eye away from so much blue:

Then with a couple red accents on the boots maybe?

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I also think it would be sweet to see a variant of KHM somehow with his hood up on his head
    10 Most Wanted MOTUC's: Ninjor, Quake, Squeeze, MYP King Mero, Sagitar, Dragstor, Snake Armor He-man, Phravus, Filmation's Garth (post transformation), Angella

I was NOT looking forward to Fang Man, but I must admit he's growing on me. He has sculpted details that help the figure transcend his simplified Filmation origins. Thanks, Horsemen!

King He-Man however, I was not looking forward to and seeing him in person didn't change my mind. The design and colors are too WWE and not barbarian King enough for me.

So I decided to fix him. I tried to remove the blue cape after applying heat but there was so much glue on it, it wouldn't separate from the armor so he's stuck with it. Luckily, the disproportionately small head with the stroked-out facial expression and silly crown was as easy to remove as ever. I like him better with the standard, more proportionate He-Man head...but I wish that cape was red.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Love them both where I was initially unsure. Love the colors and sculpt of Fangman, he actually grows on me more and more everytime I look at him. King He-man, I friggin really like that face sculpt. I was worried about the lip but it does look like a continuation of the scar. I like his face even though it differs from reg He-man's. It still looks like He-man until I hold those 2 figs side by side. Kind of like Vykron's face better than reg He-man's anyways. So 2 big thumbs up for me.
    Bring on Snake Face!!

I have to say, the accessories are easily my favorite part of this month's figures. I'm keeping and LOVING The Sword Of The Ancients and The Time Wheel, but Fang Man is being sold since he just isn't doing it for me, which is odd cuz I'm HUGE Filmation fan. And I was hoping King He-Man would win me over in person, but I just do not like his look at all. Nothing about it works for me from the colors to the overall design. Well, the head/crown is cool, but that's it. But his sword and scepter are two of my favorite accessories of the line. Oh, and the map is amazing!!!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Fang Man is cool. Perfect sculpt and awesome accessories.

King He-man great idea but his head is too small. I get that when you get older your face might not be as full but I think it needed to be a little bit bigger. They probably could have used King Randors face as a base and worked it into King He-mans.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got my Fang Man order from BBTS and he's pretty good. I like the sword but I don't like the fact that only one hand can grip his weapon tightly. The other hand can only hold the Infinity Wheel so I placed his cattle prod weapon inside his mouth.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I personally like the king randor spear as a weapon for fang man.
    the colors go well & looks like a weapon he would use.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

have any of you loose collectors not thrown out khm's packaging yet?
    "Evil, it's just so much easier." Exclu-DEAD
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

got mine the other day.. LOVE LOVE LOVE King He-man.. great design... !! Fang man is just OK for me.. his face it too goofy and silly for my liking.. not a bad figure..but not my favorite .
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; March 26, 2013 at 04:36pm.
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I need to somehow find another shelf for the King He-Man era. I have him standing in with NA for now but that has to change soon.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I need to somehow find another shelf for the King He-Man era. I have him standing in with NA for now but that has to change soon.
    I don't have a great shelf for him either. I have a shelf with "new" stuff on it - NA guys, Spector, Horde Prime... and I think he might go there.

do we know if there will be another incarnation of heman between na and king? i mean when he comes back does he turn into flying fists or something else? cause if not, than na wouldn't be a bad place for it.

waits for "keep reading the bios".
    "Evil, it's just so much easier." Exclu-DEAD
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I don't have a great shelf for him either. I have a shelf with "new" stuff on it - NA guys, Spector, Horde Prime... and I think he might go there.
    Yeah he's kind of an odd ball when trying to place him with others. You could put him with SLL and TMS, because they will be with him in the future. At the moment, I have him with all of the cosmic enforcers. He looks pretty good with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    do we know if there will be another incarnation of heman between na and king? i mean when he comes back does he turn into flying fists or something else? cause if not, than na wouldn't be a bad place for it.

waits for "keep reading the bios".
    Well, we know he was Flying Fist He-Man during the 2nd Ultimate Battleground from the mini comics and the bios show he was Thunder Punch prior to that when the masters were underground. So the laser light variant is the most logical next step after NA, but there is a good chance that is what he was when he defeats Skeletor.
    I think the variant order is something like this:

He-Man. Skeletor
    BA He-Man. BA Skeletor
    TP He-Man. DB Skeletor
    King Skeletor
    FF He-Man. TC Skeletor
    NA He-Man. NA Skeletor
    LP He-Man. LL Skeletor
    King He-Man

Other variants like ice and snake armor would be as needed.

Here is my grouping, I have my customized BG Teela standing in for Queen Teela

Last edited by Jinxieman; March 26, 2013 at 02:53pm.

King He-Man is neat. I'm not blown away by the figure but he has some cool aspects and I like what he represents. He's also a good quality figure with tight joints, and nice details.
    The 200x sword is awesome. I do prefer the paint job on the prototype, which had a more naturally-weathered look. But I do think it's a great sculpt with nice details, like the hilt.
    The minicomic is decent as well, a nice package overall. It would be nice to get more minis! They should start putting them in the SDCC exclusives (and I refuse to believe that they wouldn't be able to afford that).

Fang Man is a nice figure and all, but I think he'll be going up for sale.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got KH and Fangy last night.

King He-Man- a good, solid figure. I do see the problem with the face, though; I can understand it being a bit thinner with age and wear, but the bone structure isn't the same, so it really doesn't look like He-Man. I'm still wondering if the head was originally intended for Miro. The look with the armor and such is pretty good, and the colors work better in person than I thought they would. One thing I wish they had done was make the folded hood on the cape a separate piece and given us an alternate hood to go over his head (though I guess the crown would get in the way). Regardless, though not a spectacular figure, he's good and worth having in the line. But his inclusion really does beg for at least a couple more figures from this era. One just isn't enough (and I don't count the 30th figures that were wedged into the continuity here).

Fangy- I really think the Fab Four did a near perfect job on this figure. They captured his design from the cartoon and fleshed it out with enough details for it to blend in fine with the rest of the line. The one somewhat goofy aspect is the tongue, but having it actually be posable makes it one of my favorite things about him in the end. Some of the reviews I've seen commented on how they used the standard male body and yet still gave him a hunched over look very effectively, and I have to agree. The vest, neck additions and head all work together to make the slumped stance seem completely natural. I'm also quite happy with the Filmation artifacts included, and hope we do continue to see that with the Filmation based figures from here on. I was a little disappointed that only Icer came with such a thing, and that Batros and Shapoopie had no such extra (the darkling with Shesheemie actually goes with her, rather than being just an unrelated extra like the Sword of the Ancients with Fangy). Fangy makes me look forward to the Filmation sub characters even more, which I didn't think was possible.

So KHM is a decent figure I'm glad to have, and Fangy is a big home run I'm really happy with (and I'm not even that big a fan of the character!).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Got King He-man last night, I like him I do have the MAA 200x sword in his hand right now not the beat up one. I might change that later not sure yet.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I received both figures over the last couple days...
    King He-Man: it's funny because after the cartoon ended when I was a child I continued the story on my own, & He-Man became king, married Teela, & had a child. The pictures I drew of him as a kid where Flying Fist He-Man with a red cape, being the last of the actual He-Man toys & incorporating the cape element from the '97 Movie. Back then I used to mix and match my toys a lot, but He-Man was King of all that was good in the end, so in a way, King He-Man has always been a part of my own personal childhood mythos or canon.

Fang-Man: If we did not have the magic of DVD and be able to relive all of those classic Filmation adventures, I STILL COULD HAVE TOLD YOU WHO FANG-MAN was!!...why? Because although his appearance was brief, I still remembered him & he stuck with me & I wanted a toy of him back then (or thought there would be one early on). The figure is pretty stellar & should be available to all, not just subscribers, (nice sculpt, neat colors, fun accessories) so for me this month was a trip back to my childhood, my imagination, and what Filmation brought to that.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Fang-Man: If we did not have the magic of DVD and be able to relive all of those classic Filmation adventures, I STILL COULD HAVE TOLD YOU WHO FANG-MAN was!!...why? Because although his appearance was brief, I still remembered him & he stuck with me & I wanted a toy of him back then (or thought there wold be one early on). The figure is pretty stellar & should be available to all, not just subscribers, (nice sculpt, neat colors, fun accessories) so for me this month was a trip back to my childhood, my imagination, and what Filmation brought to that.
    Wow, talk about being on the same wave-length...... this is exactly how I feel!

Not only is Fang Man an awesome figure (definitely one of the best in MOTUC), but he has an almost captivating nostalgia appeal. I cannot wait for this Filmation subscription to start! I really, REALLY hope that we see more and more Filmation characters get their due in this wonderful line of figures! Bravo 4H!!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Received both these guys along with my Strobo, Dr. Manhattan, and Shawn Michaels ( sadly missed out on Ms. Elisabeth).

I really like KHM and love that he favors his grandfather Miro. As for Fang Man, absolute action figure gold!!! One if not my favorite figure in this line!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Attachment 83587

Not my idea, but he's too cool not to copy!
    I love it!
    Thanks for sharing the pic
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Finally got mine yesterday. Sooo Cool! Looks like King He-Mans crown is off center on more than just mine, judging from other pics posted here. Fang Man is really, Really great. The Map is pretty neat, but The Secret Origin of Skeletor, should have remained a secret.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.