Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: MOC TEELA - Strobo

WTB: MOC TEELA - Strobo

Willing to pay cost ($25.00) plus shipping and i'll throw in an extra $10.00 for your trouble.

Oh, that doesn't sound good? Then why should you expect any different when your asking to buy my Strobo? Don't these all cost the same amount of money when they are put up for sale? Why are people complaining about the costs of Strobo in the secondary market? Its not fair unless your willing to offer me the same deal for Teela, Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Wundar, etc.. From now on everyone should sell all their hard to find figures for cost plus shipping plus $10.00 for the others troubles.

And no, i'm not looking for Teela... Thanks for looking

Heroic Warrior
    lol this was good!

Lord of the Reptilians tampico32's Avatar
    A deep and true thought, i'm with you my friend!

Sergio R.
    Thank you so much to my partners of He-Man.org for helping me to get MOTUC figures:

My Sell/Buy/Trade Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

The sad part is that I'd be willing to do exactly that, but I end up having to gouge people on hard to find figures so that I can afford to get the ones I need that are costing over $100.00.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Matt,

Like you and I talking about in person. This is exactly what happens. A lot of people expect to get a Strobo or some other rare figure at cost plus shipping, but when the roles are reversed the same person will only sell the rare figure they have for ebay prices...makes no sense.

Court Magician
    I wonder if we're all talking about the same orger. The certain member I pm'd wants top ebay dollar for his/her goods, but wants me to cough up my Strobo for $10 over cost. I got this argument- "He won't be worth that much by Black Friday." Well then, sit tight and wait until Black Friday. In the meantime, the rules of supply and demand are in place. If they weren't, I'd have a Whiplash by now.

We very well might be...when we have something they want its only worth cost, but when they have something we want its worth ebay prices.

Exactly what i'm talking about Brock. As long as you keep charging me 130.00 for Fisto, then i'll charge current market price for Strobo But i'd gladly do an even trade since they both cost $25.00 when they were released

You and me both!

How did figures like Fisto, Teela, Sorceress get to be so expensive in the first place? It's discouraging for someone like myself who's now getting into Motuc. There's no way a single figure is worth $150. Price gouging to the max. Just because something is going for a certain price on ebay/amazon, doesn't mean it's the price everyone has to pay especially on these forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    Exactly what i'm talking about Brock. As long as you keep charging me 130.00 for Fisto, then i'll charge current market price for Strobo But i'd gladly do an even trade since they both cost $25.00 when they were released
    Fisto was only $20/22 when he was released.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darksword View Post
    How did figures like Fisto, Teela, Sorceress get to be so expensive in the first place? It's discouraging for someone like myself who's now getting into Motuc. There's no way a single figure is worth $150. Price gouging to the max. Just because something is going for a certain price on ebay/amazon, doesn't mean it's the price everyone has to pay especially on these forums.
    I've always been curious about comments like yours, why can a single figure not be worth $150? Every (exclusive)toy line has their high demand and low demand figures so what's so different about this line?

Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    I've always been curious about comments like yours, why can a single figure not be worth $150? Every (exclusive)toy line has their high demand and low demand figures so what's so different about this line?
    Well people have the right to charge what they want, I'm just saying I'd never pay those prices. If you feel strongly about charging people that much for a figure, then by all means. People just go by what they see online, ebay/amazon trends, and base it on that. I just think it's greedy.

Court Magician
    Why is an AFA MOC 8 back 1982 He-Man worth several thousand dollars instead of four bucks? Supply and demand.

Heroic Warrior
    Well people have the right to charge what they want, I'm just saying I'd never pay those prices. If you feel strongly about charging people that much for a figure, then by all means. People just go by what they see online, ebay/amazon trends, and base it on that. I just think it's greedy.
    That's the thing, people can charge whatever they want and they do, when the market pays those prices it means it's what the value is, when they don't it means they aren't worth what they are asking. With cases like Fisto, Sorceress they weren't reissued + some sub holders actually never got their original Fisto's for the sub they had ordered. So when you factor in that a product isn't going to be made again and new people collecting the line, all that does is increase the value of the product. I guess we just see things differently, I think people being able to make a bit of extra cash is ok, if no one thought the value was there they wouldn't buy the product. For the record, I started collecting the line late so I had to pay some of those bigger numbers on certain items I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BZiggyZ View Post
    Why is an AFA MOC 8 back 1982 He-Man worth several thousand dollars instead of four bucks? Supply and demand.
    cant really compare a 30 yr old figure to one only 3-4 years old. rarity, condition, also factor into it.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    This thread is INSANE!!!

That's the thing, people can charge whatever they want and they do, when the market pays those prices it means it's what the value is, when they don't it means they aren't worth what they are asking. With cases like Fisto, Sorceress they weren't reissued + some sub holders actually never got their original Fisto's for the sub they had ordered. So when you factor in that a product isn't going to be made again and new people collecting the line, all that does is increase the value of the product. I guess we just see things differently, I think people being able to make a bit of extra cash is ok, if no one thought the value was there they wouldn't buy the product. For the record, I started collecting the line late so I had to pay some of those bigger numbers on certain items I wanted.
    A buddy of mine went to a convention in Ontario last weekend and picked up Sorceress, Fisto, and Teela all MOC for $50 each. I just don't see how anyone can justify $150 for a figure only a few years old. If we're talking vintage 80s, hot toys, sdcc stuff then thats a different story. All I'm saying is that forums like this one were once supposed to be a place where people can trade and sell to fellow orgers/collectors and not charge retail prices. If I'm going to pay retail why am I coming here? I'd rather buy from a retail store/website. I just see it as scalping and flipping figures for profit.

Heroic Warrior
    A buddy of mine went to a convention in Ontario last weekend and picked up Sorceress, Fisto, and Teela all MOC for $50 each. I just don't see how anyone can justify $150 for a figure only a few years old. If we're talking vintage 80s, hot toys, sdcc stuff then thats a different story. All I'm saying is that forums like this one were once supposed to be a place where people can trade and sell to fellow orgers/collectors and not charge retail prices. If I'm going to pay retail why am I coming here? I'd rather buy from a retail store/website. I just see it as scalping and flipping figures for profit.
    Your buddy is a lucky guy! Most conventions I've been to have had worse prices then Ebay. I understand your point, I just don't agree. I guess we can agree to disagree then .

Your buddy is a lucky guy! Most conventions I've been to have had worse prices then Ebay. I understand your point, I just don't agree. I guess we can agree to disagree then .
    It's not really a convention per se. Just toy shows that happen across Ontario. I think it was in Kitchener or Hamilton. I think the whole supply/demand/driving marketplace values is all about people wanting it NOW, that instant gratification. I know later down the road the value will go down and the figures will be available, just like the TOD Sorceress. People are misguided and I feel they've lost the sense of an item's value. The idea of "I want it NOW!!!" will drive someone to pay ANYTHING for an item regardless of its actual value, and regardless of it's availability in the future.

Heroic Warrior
    On the bright side this is a great thread. It reminds us all that reselling takes a certain maturity and patience. Especially if you are trying to avoid the costs of selling on an auction site... While simutaniously maintaining the benefit of inflated auction prices. A lesson truely worthy of He-Man... Well maybe Teela and Orko? Make sure you tune in next time.

Heroic Warrior
    It's not really a convention per se. Just toy shows that happen across Ontario. I think it was in Kitchener or Hamilton. I think the whole supply/demand/driving marketplace values is all about people wanting it NOW, that instant gratification. I know later down the road the value will go down and the figures will be available, just like the TOD Sorceress. People are misguided and I feel they've lost the sense of an item's value. The idea of "I want it NOW!!!" will drive someone to pay ANYTHING for an item regardless of its actual value, and regardless of it's availability in the future.
    I have some friends going to the toy show in Burlington, Ontario this weekend and I'm gonna have them look for me to see if they can get those kind of prices. I'm not gonna lie, selling those 3 for $50/each is really quite dumb, especially since you can easily get double that on here or even on ebay, even minus the fee's etc. Anyone in a business like selling collectibles really should know the value of their products and what they are selling for.

What exactly is the point of this thread? Is it to say, "Hmm, I told you" to this alleged member and others complaining about the high prices of Strobo and wanting it at cost or slightly above given that it will be more readily available in the near future? We have enough complaints as it is, some issues deserving of complaints and others not so much. This forum is supposed to be for actual transactions. In this instance, if someone doesn't like what people are offering Strobo for monetary wise or trade wise, then fine, move on. And the opposite holds true as well, if some people are annoyed or upset that people are wanting this figure for too little in their estimation, then move on. If discusssions between parties need to continue, they can be continued via PM, can't they? After all, what's a complaining thread about complainers really going to accomplish?

It's a long established rule that people should not be harassed for whatever they choose to sell/trade their items for. Let's not go down that road again, guys .

Regards,
    Victor P.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    What exactly is the point of this thread? Is it to say, "Hmm, I told you" to this alleged member and others complaining about the high prices of Strobo and wanting it at cost or slightly above given that it will be more readily available in the near future? We have enough complaints as it is, some issues deserving of complaints and others not so much. This forum is supposed to be for actual transactions. In this instance, if someone doesn't like what people are offering Strobo for monetary wise or trade wise, then fine, move on. And the opposite holds true as well, if some people are annoyed or upset that people are wanting this figure for too little in their estimation, then move on. If discusssions between parties need to continue, they can be continued via PM, can't they? After all, what's a complaining thread about complainers really going to accomplish?

It's a long established rule that people should not be harassed for whatever they choose to sell/trade their items for. Let's not go down that road again, guys .

Regards,
    Victor P.
    I thought it was a spoof thread that was taking the heat out of an unfortunate situation. I do believe it should be moved from this section though, after all there is nothing for sale here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post

It's a long established rule that people should not be harassed for whatever they choose to sell/trade their items for. Let's not go down that road again, guys
    I agree this shouldn't be in the for sale/trading forum. But people should be able to voice their opinions and views about unfair prices/trades. Complaining and whining won't solve anything, but I know a lot of people who feel the same way about the issue. I'm not sure who was harassed or whatever, but lowballing & price gouging are pretty frequent on this site.