Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I don`t get it at all (Artificial value of Strobo???)

I don`t get it at all (Artificial value of Strobo???)

Why is Strobo going for $125 on ebay and being traded for Fisto, Shadow Weaver and Teela in the Marketplace? Sure he was a quick sellout but will be available multiple times throughout the year, so my question is this does nobody realize that after all the conventions are over he`ll be everywhere just like TOD Soceress? I`m betting their production run numbers were pretty close and Strobo will be available at the cons at cost with no shipping charges, I just don`t get it at all

master of hiphop
    yeah i don't get it either.. i guess it's that "i want it now attitude" regardless of price.. but yeah he'll be at 3 different cons and at matty after it's all said and done, yeah it sucked most of us didn't get him.. but the price they are asking is crazy.. but if you want it that bad.. people will pay the bucks.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Why is Strobo going for $125 on ebay and being traded for Fisto, Shadow Weaver and Teela in the Marketplace? Sure he was a quick sellout but will be available multiple times throughout the year, so my question is this does nobody realize that after all the conventions are over he`ll be everywhere just like TOD Soceress? I`m betting their production run numbers were pretty close and Strobo will be available at the cons at cost with no shipping charges, I just don`t get it at all
    Oh I agree....I figure he will be available later in the year for sure, not just at the cons...but I think allure of a somewhat fan demanded magazine character, which also happens to be a con exclusive, with the Zodak head and being the first real early access prize makes it highly desirable. Those reasons along with how people pay 5 to 10 times over SRP for some action figures that become peg warmers later just to have them early.......

People have more $$$ than patients...they will pay more to have him now. PS3/ PS4 / IPad / Iphone / Blackberry all the same way....new one comes out people want them now and if they have to pay more they will.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I think the sub has gotten some people too much into a lack of patience with a figure being released and not having it. That or it was the other way around and lack of wanting to wait for the figures that were already released caused people to purchase subs. I understand, but I do think people need to be patient or it will cause pricing issues.

I think Ramman has also played into this, with some using him as a reason to try to get figures they personally want or money off of them. I got one from another Orger fairly cheap, but if it I didn't I would have waited.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeah, you see that all the time with other toy lines, people willing to pay a premium in order to get toys sooner rather than later. For Strobo, I think I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Oh I agree....I figure he will be available later in the year for sure, not just at the cons...but I think allure of a somewhat fan demanded magazine character, which also happens to be a con exclusive, with the Zodak head and being the first real early access prize makes it highly desirable. Those reasons along with how people pay 5 to 10 times over SRP for some action figures that become peg warmers later just to have them early.......
    The Mattyface book page explicitly says it will be later again on Matty this year, around the time of Black Friday.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I agree with you all 100%. He is not a fan favorite or anything. It has to do with patience. Some people can't wait and have to have it now, Now, NOW!!

I missed out also...and am looking to buy or trade for him. However, I will NOT give an arm and a leg.

The craze will die down and he won't be worth much more than cost later this year.
    Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. ― Apple Inc.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The Mattyface book page explicitly says it will be later again on Matty this year, around the time of Black Friday.
    Yes indeed. They have been saying that for quite a while now that any left overs would be available.

Just like the TOD Sorceress was available at the end of the year.

If I had not been lucky and got my strobo through EA, I would just wait, heck after all the trade shows and the Matty sale, even if I had to go to ebay it wouldnt be higher then $55 by the end of the year
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I think people have really lost track of somethings value and are willing to pay any price these days out of a misguided desire to have instant gratification! Strobo is an action figure, he's arguably worth $27 no more than that despite rarity, especially when he will be available again and again

Supply and demand, nothing more. Less supply and more buyers who want Strobo now, etc.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I think it's also a knee-jerk reaction to the way the line is being run right now. Apparently for the first time in years, it's possible that people won't be able to get all the figures and items they want.

I also have a different view on the value of an item. I feel like no matter what the item is, the buyer puts the value on the item's worth. So if someone feels like Strobo is worth $150, then that is what it's worth to them. I am biased though, since I paid $80 for a Figma Link (Legend of Zelda) figure. I don't mind shelling out $50 -$80 for an action figure. They are still less expensive than a lot of Japanese imported mini figurines.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Supply and demand, nothing more. Less supply and more buyers who want Strobo now, etc.
    Yep. This is exactly why.

If I had missed him,and he was a figure I really really wanted,then I would pay up to $75 for him now. He is not one that I am thrilled with,but I do like him so I would have waited.

I payed $100 for Wundar in 2010, he then went in to the $50-60 range now he is up over $120,so it just depends.

I also agree,we are spoiled with the subs,we get our stuff in some cass before sale day. So waiting is not as easy now.

To each his own. If you are happy with what you paid,who are we to critic?

Plus the Fisto and shadow weaver and even teela trades....why not,if I had missed strobo and I had an extra one of those,why not. In the end it is one $25 figure for another. If each person is happy,who cares.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The thing is, we don't know if Mattel will pull another 'Only open to sub-holders' or something like that. There's a lot of these kinds of things happening, and I fear it may get worse. I feel like a lot of figures will be moved into 'sub only' category. I also feel like a few popular characters will be moved into the Filmation sub. Mark my words...it's coming!

You underestimate the power of the dark side!

Seriously it is a matter of patience and capitalism. Some people want Strobo now, and they can have it at a high price. Some people are looking for Fisto or Shadow weaver, and they are willing to pay a lot for them. Some sellers don't want to sell they want to earn money, the more the better. They put a price and they wait until an obsessed impatient buy what they have at any price. And believe me I am an obsessed impatient but I have some degree of control.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Scientist View Post
    You underestimate the power of the dark side!
    Hey! That's my line!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    It's the nature of the beast. Back when Captain America #25 came out a few years ago where they "killed" him, the prices on Ebay for it shot up to over a $100, and in some cases close to $200. I'm not even sure what I think of him as a character as he's largely made of recycled parts, but I certainly would not pay the prices I saw earlier on EBay for him.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    "But I want it nnnnnnowww"

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I`m betting their production run numbers were pretty close
    But can you or anything else confirm that? Without proof I'm sure a lot of people are skeptical and worried that they won't be able to get one later in the year if they don't attend a Con. Who knows if Strobo will last any longer then his EA sellout later on in the year. I don't think it's fair for anyone to judge anyone for what they're buying, we all have our priorities.

I guess what I don't get is the fan demand for such an obscure character.Weren't most people complaining about such releases earlier?Infact,if I recall Strobo had minimal votes when they did a mini- comic poll over a year ago.

They want him now. They got robbed and they want it first before the masses.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I guess what I don't get is the fan demand for such an obscure character.Weren't most people complaining about such releases earlier?Infact,if I recall Strobo had minimal votes when they did a mini- comic poll over a year ago.
    I think the Zodak unmasked head has something to do with him being more in demand.