Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I don`t get it at all (Artificial value of Strobo???)

As a Strobo day trader, I think people just want him now because they can't have him. Haven't seen much chatter about him on the boards other than the occasional request.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    It is strange for me too. Strobo is ok but nothing fantastic. The 200X Zodak head adds a lot of value but is not essential. And he will be available later. Maybe people are can't go to cons or are afraid he will sell out then.

But even then...it is Strobo. Seriously. Sometimes I don't get MOTUC collectors. The Fighting Foe Men are obscure and expensive! I'm angry and it is killing the line!

Grrr I missed that Strobo guy! I'm going to pay a lot of money for him!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The Fighting Foe Men are obscure and expensive! I'm angry and it is killing the line!

So TRUE!, this post made my day

Heroic Warrior
    He's "meh." Ill pick him up later in the year like I did TOD Sorceress for C+S. As for $125 sales and the like...well a fool and his money(like I am once the FFM charge goes through on my CC).

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    He's "meh." Ill pick him up later in the year like I did TOD Sorceress for C+S. As for $125 sales and the like...well a fool and his money(like I am once the FFM charge goes through on my CC).
    i would not be surprised if FFM was sub only, they might actually go up in value

That Zodak head is sick..Poor toy guru is gonna need some bodyguards come Power-con once this guy sells out.Hopefully I get him there.(Where is my Sorceress?!? Lol

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    It is strange for me too. Strobo is ok but nothing fantastic. The 200X Zodak head adds a lot of value but is not essential. And he will be available later. Maybe people are can't go to cons or are afraid he will sell out then.

But even then...it is Strobo. Seriously. Sometimes I don't get MOTUC collectors. The Fighting Foe Men are obscure and expensive! I'm angry and it is killing the line!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I know, right? People are going apecrap for Strobo! I'll flip if fans complain that they couldn't buy the Fighting Foe Men before they sold out in minutes/seconds! For all of that epic complaining...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    There are probably several factors...
    1) Attending a con isn't cheap, so if you aren't attending, $100 vs flights + hotels + food + admission for the chance (remember not everyone at power-con got a TOD Sorceress) may not be that bad of a deal.
    2) There is no guarantee that you'll be able to get it on Mattycollector later... it could go up like TOD Sorceress did as part of another sale and be gone in another blink of an eye.
    3) There is no guarantee that a year from now Strobo's prices will be where Temple of Darkness Sorceress's are. They could be the same, they could be a lot more. (I tend to believe they will be sub $50 by this time next year). But we don't know what the production numbers are and we know that perceived scarcity can affect secondary market prices. I.E., if Mattel released figures in 4 even allotments and they all sold out instantly, there would be more perceived demand and higher prices than if they released the whole lot at once and it took a day to sell out.

Made this just for fun...

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I would be very surprised if Strobo goes for more than $40 by the end of the year. It's the standard toy collector secondary market issue. Most figures have no value other than vintage toys or newer toys that are hard to find. There's enough of a market out there of people that just won't wait, so the price goes up. 95+% of the time, the toy sees wider release, and the prices drop accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettX209 View Post
    I would be very surprised if Strobo goes for more than $40 by the end of the year. It's the standard toy collector secondary market issue. Most figures have no value other than vintage toys or newer toys that are hard to find. There's enough of a market out there of people that just won't wait, so the price goes up. 95+% of the time, the toy sees wider release, and the prices drop accordingly.
    $40 is a bit low,but $60 is where I think he will sit. About where TODS is. These prices now are crazy.

Then again, he is Zodac with a mirror,so maybe $40 is correct.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    $40 is a bit low,but $60 is where I think he will sit. About where TODS is. These prices now are crazy.

...and a decapitated Space African-Earthling like head.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    HAHAHAH well played sir. well played
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

What really bothers me more is this..

If I have a Flipshot and you have a Teela, and we then why wouldn't you trade me if this is just fandom helping each other out? They all cost the same. I didn't see anyone cutting me a deal when I needed Shadow Weaver and they had an extra. In the end it's all about money. Sad but true.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    People have more $$$ than patients...
    Yup, that about sums it up! I might've used the b word instead of the p word.
    But yeah, this was just the first go-round. They'll be plenty of opportunities later.

I personally blame ToyGuru

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

You can get her for $45 with free shipping on Amazon......and she's a little cooler than Strobo!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    What really bothers me more is this..

If I have a Flipshot and you have a Teela, and we then why wouldn't you trade me if this is just fandom helping each other out? They all cost the same. I didn't see anyone cutting me a deal when I needed Shadow Weaver and they had an extra. In the end it's all about money. Sad but true.
    In my case... Because Shadow Weaver actually cost around $100, when you factor in the Star Sisters which was the most punitive aspect of last years sub.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Hilarious!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    In my case... Because Shadow Weaver actually cost around $100, when you factor in the Star Sisters which was the most punitive aspect of last years sub.

Ok, i can buy that.. Then my Strobo should sell for over $300.00 because i had to take a day off from work to assure i would get the figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    Ok, i can buy that.. Then my Strobo should sell for over $300.00 because i had to take a day off from work to assure i would get the figure.
    Yeah sure. I'm sure most people could buy it at work... Or at least call in sick/ take annual leave.

If you get paid $300 a day then you should be fairly comfortable paying a small mark-up for an exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Why is Strobo going for $125 on ebay and being traded for Fisto, Shadow Weaver and Teela in the Marketplace? Sure he was a quick sellout but will be available multiple times throughout the year, so my question is this does nobody realize that after all the conventions are over he`ll be everywhere just like TOD Soceress? I`m betting their production run numbers were pretty close and Strobo will be available at the cons at cost with no shipping charges, I just don`t get it at all
    All will become clear when the FFM become the peg warmers that they are. Subscribers (cough) re-scal-ellers have to recoup some money back from that blatant flop of a 3-pack! But as long as I see Madame Razz in the next 4 months who cares.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    The market will dictate what Strobo is worth and he is worth what people are willing to pay for him.

What I don't get is people saying not to feed into the hype and pay big money for Strobo because he's a con exclusive and will be available later. I always have trouble getting Con exclusives, unless they are available online later, because people basically want you to pay for their plane tickets and entrance fee and their time waiting in line for them; which is somewhat understandable. Why are people so sure that they will be able to get a Strobo later on at a "reasonable" price if they are not attending a Con?
    Last edited by Beastmangler; March 15, 2013 at 09:29pm.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, heheh...

Impatience is the main reason Strobo is selling for $100+ right now. He'll be officially "released" in August. Those that have to have him now will shell out big bucks and sellers will try to cash out before the main wave of figures come out at Grayskull Con/Power Con/NYCC/Matty.

I understand a lot of collectors, especially international ones, will not be able to attend these conventions but was it really that hard to obtain TOD Sorceress last year? After NYCC, it seemed like she was readily available and was listed on Matty for a decent amount of time, I think.

I guess people are nervous that the trend this year is reduced quotas and that even the regular convention stocks will not be enough for everyone this time. It's a valid concern but still, I'm not going to worry about Strobo until September. After that, there will be hundreds of extra Strobo's on sale instead of a couple dozen. That should make secondary market prices a bit more reasonable, I think.

Strobo should not be worth more than Teela/Sorceress/Fisto, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    and Pro*craptus*
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.