Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2013

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2013

Welcome to the Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread for March 2013!

Toyguru's Recent Posts on Mattycollector.com's Forum

Like last year, instead of posting EVERY little thing in it's own post, I'll gather them ALL the relevant MOTUC Ask Matty postings here. Keep checking for updates! The old threads are ancient history and won't be updated anymore. This is the new spot until next month.

As always, I'll put the most recent news up first, while the old news is down the bottom.

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread I
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread II
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread November 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread February 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread March 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread May 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread July 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread August 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread March 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread April 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread May 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread June 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread July 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread August 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread September 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC Mini-Comic Q&A Thread 2012 (SPOILERS)
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread October 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread November 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread December 2012
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread January 2013
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread February 2013
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW STUFF!!!

Scott, please: SUBSCRIBERS MISTREATED

Scott:

As a subscriber, I feel mistreated by Mattel, and I'm sure MANY of us feel the same. There have happened many things lately which make me say that, and nothing makes me think things will get better...:

1. Castle Grayskull: I'm really thinking about cancelling my pre-order. We were told to buy blindly in advance, over some designs in paper, which have NOT been respected. Measurements are not what we were told. I know you will say changes were possible, but most of us thought at least the size of the Castle in the designs would be respected and not changed. Now figures' heads almost hit next level's floor, and that really is a dissapointment. It is NOT IN SCALE with the MOTUC figures. Take out any accessories, sell them later in "expansion packs" or something, but please respect the initial measurements.

2. Strobo: What happened with the Early Access sale was weird. How many figures were for sale? 100? 300? Most of us only got to putting it in the cart, and when trying to pay, the page crashed... NO MORE STROBOS. What the..!?!? To be fair with loyal subscribers, they must have been given the chance to get at least 1 Strobo per subscription. If not wanted, give another person the chance to get it, but assure at least 1 figure per subscription in some way. Now Scott, YOU KNOW this is unfair. Please don't tell me I will still have the opportunity to get him in some toy fair during this year, because I'm a fan who lives in Spain and I simply just can't go to any of those. My only chance is to get it from resellers paying an abusive price, or ask someone who attends any fair where it will be sold, to get it for me...

3. March shipping for FangMan, King He-Man and a map: It is HIGHER than previous month's shipping for a HEAVIER package (Jitsu and bulky Ram-Man)... Crazy. I've been writing Digital River for this for a week and still haven't got any solution from then, all I've received are excuses and absurd emails which lead to nothing. I want a solid explanation for this from them, and they can't give it to me. Can you explain it, please? Will we get a refund or something?

Please Scott, I'm sure you're trying to do your best regarding the MOTUC line, but there are many things lately that make anyone wonder how can this happen in a big company like Mattel... and if they really care for their subscribers.

Thanks for your attention, regards.

To recap, we will be refunding the overcharge for the map. It happened in error and is a quick fix.

Strobo will be back. The quota put on sale was a bonus beyond what we offered last year where you had to wait for the cons to get TOD Sorceress. It was never intended or promoted that every sub holder would be able to get a Strobo during this early sale. We always said it would be limited stock It was in the thousands of units, not hundreds.
    Why do I have to wait till July for early access

No where on the website does it say that i have to wait till July for my early access when I got the filmation sub. I don't look at these forums because every one complains. This is BS.

Your early access begins when your sub starts. They are linked. Since the first Filmation fig ships in July, that is when your EA starts.
    Kinda MOTUC question about todays early access

I did miss out on getting Strobo due to my lack of eastern/western time difference. I thought things started at 12pm eastern, but that is not the concern.

I was happy to order WWE Flashbacks for Shawn Michaels and Miss Elizabeth, but the downer was that I could not add a Tully Blanchard to my order. When I clicked on the return to mattycollector link it opened another window.

I added Tully to my cart, but it created a different cart on the separate window. When I returned to the early access window I hit refresh and no luck combining them.

I would have loved to buy Tully today to save on shipping, but made the decision to save my money and hope that the other items in the mattycollector shop are available for early access next month when WWE Flashback Christian is available. If so, I will be picking up a Tully!

Depending on if Miss Elizabeth sells out today will determine if I have to wait until the day of sale for Christion, unless those other items are available for early access!

Also I am a happy Matty Collector. I appreciate the work of everyone involved the last years I have been subscribing and ordering here!

You are most welcome! Always glad to hear.
    An Early Access Thank You! (seriously)

Thanks for getting those Clamshells and WWE figures added to the Early Access bundle page, I was able to get my Strobo, Keldor, Mekaneck and Elizabeth all in one shot this morning.

Thanks for looking into this for us! I really appreciate it and as a child of the 80's am really happy you guys are adding the WWE Elite Flashbacks to Mattycollector sales! Is this something that might continue beyond Christian?

You are most welcome!
    Will there be another early access to Strobo???

I have two subscriptions for MOTUC, and couldn´t get my hands on Stobo in the early access, because it went "OLD OUT" super fast...I think this is not fair, because there should be enough supply for us sub holders to grab at least one...will we get another chance at least in another early access for us that could not get him? If not, then, I think is totally unfair for us that committed, in my case, two subs...

At this time we don't have another Early Access planned for Strobo. You will need to wait for the traveling region cons.
    Suggestion for Early Access

Maybe going forward you could limit Early Access purchases to one per sub purchased.

I realize that a limited amount of product was available today as a perk to subscribers, but what happened is that you made some of your subscribers very happy, and many of us very sad, angry, and feeling defeated. I've even heard some say they will be canceling their Grayskull preorders over this.

Bonuses should not be offered to your subscribers unless you are committed to ensuring that ALL of your subscribers can benefit from them. It's bad business. And remember, you are going to be wanting us happy and ready to sub up for 2014 in just four short months. This wasn't a step in that direction.

I totally get the frustration, I really do. But this was not the only chance to get Strobo this year and at this time we are not changing the limits. Back in 2009 we went back and forth but settled on 10 per order as was the feedback from customers.
    How many Strobo's were available? How do I get one in Australia?

Although I do not have a subscription, my friend attempted to buy a Strobo figure for me and himself this morning. The figures had sold out within a minute, whilst he was at the checkout. I would like to know how many Strobo's were available and whether buyers were purchasing large quantities in order to sell on secondary markets.
    This makes it very unfair and expensive to fans who missed out. Especially as we have to get up at 2am in Australia, in order to buy at the right time.

Secondly, I was advised in a previous topic that Strobo will be available later in the year at conventions. That's good for Americans, but we are in Australia. Do we get a chance to find this figure? Is Matty doing anything for the strong MOTU fanbases outside of the U.S?

It's bad enough postage knocks the cost of a single figure up to $45, but quite dissapointing when Matty tells me the best way to get a figure is to spend up to $100 on eBay.

We will make Strobo available to any international MOTU cons much as we are for Germany's Grayskull Con. We don't organize the cons, but er can arrange for the product. It is up to fans in each region to host or not host a convention
    What Conventions will Strobo be sold at?

Hello. I was one of the unlucky ones that was unable to get a Strobo this morning,unfortunately this was due to some error on Digital Rivers end,said I had a invalid credit card number after I entered in the right one about 10 times. I have bought these figures since Matty Collector opened so I am use to the constant website problems,its very upsetting but I am basically numb to it by now.

My question is What conventions in the US will this Strobo figure be available at? This may be a answer that you want to share with the public considering how many sub holders were upset yet again. I keep seeing mediators saying it will be available at other conventions but they do not say which ones,this info would be much appreciated.

I got a sub for early access,funny how I still have to go across the country to have a better chance at getting a EA figure lol. Thanks.

Right now the plan is to bring him to Grayskull Con, Power Con and NYCC but that is all subject to change.
    ****CONFUSED: WHY IS SKELETOR GONE FOR GOOD?*****

Just wondering why skeletor is "Gone for Good" if the line still going on. Shouldn't He-Man and Skeletor always be up on Mattycollector?

Or does this mean we are getting a Skeletor 2.0?

Simple math. All of the remaining stock has been sold at this point. Thatnisnwhy he is sold out. Eventually it is likely the same will happen to He-Man. We had extra stock but it wasn't endless.
    Please answer this Scott

I know you are looking into the map shipping issue, thank you.. mind you, i was charged almost 9 bucks to ship some paper which hit my credit card,

another note i'd like addressed, you mention that shipping is based on weight and size and location can you please tell me this

i did a mock order of 3 Motu Cases the light Zolo Type cases they now sell which are super light 30+ to ship.. this is crazy

then did 3 figures at 1 pound each.. Same price..

the boxes of those cases do not weight in at 3 pounds..

and regardless if i order from Canada or Norway the shipping price is the same, to the penny. So please explain as your comment regarding weight and location do not apply to DR and how they are shipping our packages, and to say Matty or DR are not making money at shipping is so far fetched i don't know what else to say.

Please explain.

If you have questions on shipping, please post those on the shipping forum. I can only answer questions about prodcut and brands.

And yes, we are correcting the error with the charge for the map shipment.
    Next Weapons Pak

Since an Adora v2.0 doesn't seem likely, could Captain Glenn's space tunic be recast in Adora red and offered in the next Weapons Pak? It doesn't even need to have the painted shoulders or belt and would be more useful than other past choices.

I can confirm this is not in the next Weapon Pak. But a cool idea!
    Early Access

Why aren't the MOTUC cases and WWE figures on the list of Early Access items? I see that the EA page says "chance to purchase select non-subscription figures". It was never "select" when promoted last year. It was everything that wasn't part of a sub.

This wouldn't be that big a deal if you guys could figure out how to combine shipping after all this time. It is ridiculous for people to have no choice but to pay for shipping 3 times because you wan't everything: you can't get Fang Man without a sub, Strobo without EA, or WWE/clamshells without waiting for the regular sale.

As far as combined shipping goes, here's an idea: forget early shipping for sub orders. Have the monthly sub orders automatically go into a "pile of loot" or whatever you choose to call it. Any orders made on the 15th are automatically added to the pile. You automatically begin shipping on the 16th.

That provides 3 benefits to you:

1) You don't have to wait for permission to ship so you don't have to worry about holding onto inventory.

2) You encourage people to buy on the first day so you get those fast sellouts you like.

3) By saving customers shipping fees, you leave more of your customers' budgets to go towards giving money to Mattel instead of UPS.

What do you think?

(I realize I'm asking 2 separate things, but I hope you respond to both.)

The WWE figs and Clamshells are available for Early Access.
    Can we please get someone to address the lack of Clamshells & WWE in EA

I know this has been asked many times, and I am sorry to do it again, but please can we get someone to address this issue?

Currently only the three MOTUC figures are showing up when I log in to the My Subscriptions tab.

In the Ghostbusters forum Toyguru confirmed as of a few days ago that all non sub offerings will be available. If so, can we expect the Clamshells and WWE figs to show up?

I really don't want to pay three shipping charges this month...not really the perk Early Access is supposed to be right now. Don't get me wrong, I will pay three times because I love these products, but come on, that doesn't seem right does it?

The WWE figs and Clamshells will be part of early access.

All non sub items will be part of EA.
    Map overcharge question

Previously you stated Mattel and Digital River had no control over the shipping prices so I'm curious how the map was over-charged. Obviously DHL, or UPS or even USPS didn't weigh the map and give DR this price, it was clearly a mistake on DR's part but you stated they have nothing to do with the shipping and it's pricing. So I do appreciate you looking into this and getting it corrected.

I suppose my question is, can you please have someone look into the current Canadian shipping prices? They are literally too high and they're currently the same as shipping to Australia, which defies most shipping standards and practices.

The shipping price for the map will be adjusted. It is not the weight of a figure. We just need to adjust this in the system and it is just taking a day or so. We're all over it as noted below. Please read the responses I already posted as this question was answered already yesterday! ;-)
    Why are we being charged extra to ship the Map

This month i am receiving 4 figs and being charged 50 for shipping. Last month i was charged 40 for 4 figs and two of those were over sized Ram Man. So effectively i am being charge 10 to ship two maps. So why are we being charged extra for some pieces of paper

Yes, the map obviously does not weight as much as a figure. Please hang on. We're actively working on fixing this. It just might take a few days and if a correction can't be made in time for this sale we'll find a way to adjust for sub holders (such as discounting a future shipping fee to compensate if an overcharge was made on the map).

But our goal is to try and fix this before shipments go out for this sale. Please just hang on and give us a few days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RECENT STUFF!!!

Castle Grayskull Box Art Poll Winners?

I was just wondering, when will the 5 heroes and 5 villains that won the fan poll to decide the new box art for Castle Grayskull be announced?

Actually yes! We did wind up with 5 heroes and 5 villains. I will confirm traditional HM and SKR were both picked. We'll have the final results to publish soon. It was also neat that out of 326 choices almost every character got at least one vote. King He-Man was even in the top 50. But only top 10 will be on box.
    Toyguru - Snake Mountain

At what point do you feel a decision regarding a possible Snake Mountain would be made? After Grayskull ships? After 2013 SDCC? etc...

Also...

I know you can never guarantee 100% but do you feel that there would be a possibility for an Eternia or Crystal Castle or are they out of the cards?

Honestly, doing a Snake Mountain has nothing to do with Grayskull at this point. Grayskull has already been a huge success.

It really is about getting the resources and a 6" playset takes a lot. A real lot. And right now we want to use our future resources to finish the vintage and A list animated series figures. It doesn't mean SM is off the table, but it isn't as much of a priority for our "MOTUC resources" right now. With rising basic costs (labor, raw materials) "finishing" the 6" line is more or a priority for 2014 and 2015 vs. tackling another giant playset. (at least for the immediate future).

Again, not off the table in the long run, but right now we need to maximize our resources and our priority is the maximize the number of figures/characters we can do in the next 2 years.
    Question about Heros vs Villains in Club Filmation sub?

You stated that Club Filmation would have both Heros & Villains from the Filmation He-Man & She-Ra cartoons. I understand you have stated so far that there is at least one character from She-Ra's Cartoon coming.

My question is without saying which of the two Filmation Cartoons the last three characters are from can you tell us how many Heros are planned for Club Filmation in 2013?

So far the first three Club Filmation Figures Icer, Shokoti & Batros are all Villains from The He-Man Filmation cartoon.

Sorry, our lips are sealed until SDCC on the remaining Club Filmation figures!
    Strobo limit question

I have a bunch of friends that won't be in front of a computer for EA and asked me to order for them. It Strobo going to be the normal ten limit or six?

He will be the normal limit.
    Batman and Masters of the Universe comparison video

Was wondering Toy Guru with the recent video posted online you showed off the differences between the Dark Knight Returns Batman buck and the Masters of the Universe buck you also showed off the Filmation Subscription figures. This is probably a shot in the dark but my question is you had a Shadow Weaver figure along side the figures being offered in the sub any chance Shadow Weaver could be offered in the Filmation Subscription. THANKS!!

Definately not. I just put Shadow Weaver and Fang Man there to show how big our overall "Filmation" character selection is getting.
    POP variants

Disregarding an earlier posters ignorance to POP variants. I know Shower Power Catra was only seen once, but don't underestimate the power of the POP fan base, our numbers are large and continue to grow when we see the amazing sculpts the Four Horsemen give us.

And hey, if Battle Armour He-Man can be made, along with Hurricane Hordak (these variants have had just as much media exposure as Shower Power Catra and Starburst She-Ra), then I hope to see then one day.

Don't get me wrong, first I'd like to see Double Trouble, Sweet Bee, Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Peekablue, Flutterina, Perfuma, Spinnerella and Entrapta before any POP variants.

Come on TG, make it happen

Doing my best every day!
    Scott Please read and respond?

Scorpia still a planned lock in 2014 Scott?

For almost a year now you have been telling us that If we get a 2014 line that Scorpia will be locked in for 2014. Now I'm reading you are using a roadmap again after saying your threw the roadmap out the window in order to get all the Vintage MOTU, POP & Fimation core Charactaters finished in 2014.

With you planning a new roadmap that now goes into 2015 and I don't know what your plans are, but please Don't go back on your word by possibly moving scorpia to 2015? I say this because with lower & lower sub sales you can not say for sure that there will even be a 2015 sub year even if fans make 2014 pass. You need to treat 2014 as if it might be the last sub year for MOTUC's and knock it out of the park with character selection and keep your word to us fans that Scorpia is still a planned lock for 2014 should fans make the 2014 sub happen.

I for one will be VERY upset if you move Scorpia to a proposed 2015 sub year and then 2015 doesn't happen making it impossible to get Scorpia. Scorpia is highy wanted by everyone and she is the last of Hordaks main squad now that Mantenna is coming in 2013. Fans Need Scorpis in 2014 either in Club Eternia or in another 2014 Club Filmation sub which will also need a fantastic Character selection.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Scorpia has never been announced for a specific year but we would love to get to her one day.
    You know it's bad enough you get fans hopes up with these comments Scott but then you act like you never said it which is insulting to us. My father god rest his soul told me a long time ago a mans word is his bond, Say what you mean and mean what you say. So please stick to what you say scott or you lose all credability with the fan base. We are not elderly people with memery loss, you are a Brand manager who says things and then acts like it was never said.

Ok Scott You did say Scorpia was planned to get to by end of 2014 if we could get 2013 sub sold and here are your own words to prove it.

A list figs would be all the vintage MOTU figs and the main POP, filmation and NA characters. The obvious ones (Glimmer, Angella, Mermissta, Cataspella, Flogg, Hydron, Scorpia, Shakoti, Icer, Strongarm, Lizard man, etc...) All figs we will try to get to before end of 2014 if we can get the min 2013 sold in.
    Again, we never said Scorpia was 100% coming in any specific year. We do want to get to her, but she is not announced at this time.
    Does the new roadmap include beasts?

Or did you only do it for figures?

You will need to wait and see. We aren't going to spill any more beans about 2014 until SDCC.
    "You want more Horses huh..."

Yes, I do. Not all of them, but Spirit and maybe Arrow would be nice.

Great suggestions but nothing right now to confirm!
    Please extend the Filmation sub for a few days?

C'mon!
    C'mon!

That work?

I tried getting one in the time frame and it had an error. When I went to try again it was over, really shouldn't have these end till midnight.

Got an email when I asked about it kindly letting me know I won't get charged and subs are closed. But I want to get charged! :P

I'll be your friend if you do.

Sorry, but the sub buy in time has not expired. You can still buy at least 5/6 of the figures day of in the fall if you missed out!
    Scorpia still a planned lock in 2014 Scott?

For almost a year now you have been telling us that If we get a 2014 line that Scorpia will be locked in for 2014. Now I'm reading you are using a roadmap again after saying your threw the roadmap out the window in order to get all the Vintage MOTU, POP & Fimation core Charactaters finished in 2014.

With you planning a new roadmap that now goes into 2015 and I don't know what your plans are, but please Don't go back on your word by possibly moving scorpia to 2015? I say this because with lower & lower sub sales you can not say for sure that there will even be a 2015 sub year even if fans make 2014 pass. You need to treat 2014 as if it might be the last sub year for MOTUC's and knock it out of the park with character selection and keep your word to us fans that Scorpia is still a planned lock for 2014 should fans make the 2014 sub happen.

I for one will be VERY upset if you move Scorpia to a proposed 2015 sub year and then 2015 doesn't happen making it impossible to get Scorpia. Scorpia is highy wanted by everyone and she is the last of Hordaks main squad now that Mantenna is coming in 2013. Fans Need Scorpis in 2014 either in Club Eternia or in another 2014 Club Filmation sub which will also need a fantastic Character selection.

Thank You for taking the time to read this.

Scorpia has never been announced for a specific year but we would love to get to her one day.
    POP Figures Loosing Boot Cut Articulation ! Has It Become A Trend ??

Well, it all started with Star Sisters. Then came Netossa, with no boot cut design. (I’ve NOT included Frosta since her boot style won’t allow boot cut design) Now it seems even Castaspella won’t be getting articulation ! Since Peekablue will be sharing the legs of Netossa, it’s likely that she won’t be having the boot cut articulation as well !!

I know this is done on figure by figure basis, but isn’t this an unfair for a figure to lose its articulation because of this lame reason ??? Eeker

I seriously hope you should end this infamous trend !

Choices like this are 100% with the Horsemen who sculpt each figure. There is no rule.
    Question about new 2015 road map

In your recent Castle Grayskul statement you mention "I have worked with the team to create a new roadmap that if we get a 2014 and 2015 line should wrap up the vintage lines and most of the major fan requested animated figs."

I'm just curious about what you meant when you say "vintage" in that statement. In that statement did you mean all the vintage figures from MOTU, POP AND NA?

If so that would be amazing!

In the plan we hit all vintage MOTU and POP as well as key NA figures. We also hit character from other media that are major fan request ( ie Geldor, Shokoti, etc...)

What we don't hit are some of the NA more obscure toys and variants and some POP variants (ie Shower Power Catra, Too tall Hoove).

Obviously this is dependent each year on hitting the sub number etc, but if we get to 2014 and 2015, the revised roadmap should complete the major MIA characters including vintage toy characters. With rising costs, we want to maximize each slot. What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose. (Unless of course any of those figs are in the yet announced 2013 slots).
    Reuse of the bucks

I thought that one of the great things about this line was the ability to reuse the bucks as often as possible to save money. You guys went and sculpted Swift Wind and can reuse it for Spirit and Arrow. Wouldn't you make some quick sales from reusing the buck? (I know some people say just take off SW's accessories and you've got Spirit, but that's not the same to me.)

You want more Horses huh...
    Sub for reissues

Has there ever been a conversation about creating a sub for just reissues? You could hold a poll to determine the most requested figures for re-issue and once that poll closes you could offer a sub up for sale that would include the six or eight top voted figures, maybe more or less depending on production costs. If you get the minimum sub orders needed to be financially feasible you move forward. If not, much like Superboy and Ms. Martian, you cancel the sub, explaining that despite the vocalism of some fans the demand in the marketplace is not there for the re-issued figures. With characters like Teela, the Sorceress and Fisto garnering over a hundred dollars on the secondary market, a re-issue sub might not only quell the more vocal fans, but also help to bring in new collectors to the line who have stayed away at this point due to the heavy cost associated with getting many of the core characters who are unavaible outsided of the secondary market. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this question.

While this seems like a good idea on paper, we tried over 2 years of reissues and no one but He-Man came close to hitting the quota we needed to to justify a second run. For that reason we won't be doing reissues
    even with a sub or preorder past Man-E-Faces.

While their are very vocal fans online asking for this and prices are high on a few figs on the secondary market, at this time their are no plans for additional second runs in any form.
    Filmation Questions

Since Dare and He-Ro, Son of He-Man were both created by Filmation were these characters part of the Filmation package when purchasing the rights?

Although Filmation's He-Ro, Son of He-Man cartoon never came to be will we see main characters like Dare or He-Ro in a Filmation subscription? I know the trend right now is to get out characters that never made it to plastic from the cartoon we all remember.

The 2013 Filmation sub will include characters seen on either the vintage MOTU or POP series. So a "Dare" figure would not be included. It doesn't mean we can't get to him one day, but he will not be part of the 2013 sub.
    Follow-up on She-Ra Filmation figures - thanks!

Hi again Toyguru,

ONE DAY TO GO TILL THE SUB SALE CLOSES! PLEASE CONVINCE ME TO SUB UP!

I'll be checking this thread up until March 3rd. I'll hold off buying my sub until I've heard from you.

Thanks for answering the question I posted here regarding She-Ra characters in the Filmation sub: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4611053608

I just wanted to clarify:

Will the sub include characterS (plural) from the She-Ra series (i.e. more than one)?

You've said 'at least one', but I want to be sure we'll get at least two before I sub as they are the characters I have nostalgia for. I wasn't sure if my initial question was clear enough.

Thanks very much.

We're not going to reveal any more info on the Filmation sub at this time. You'll just need to wait until SDCC. But do know for sure that the character who owns the mysterious sword we just showed will only be available in 2013 if you have the sub. We won't be selling this figure "day of".
    Finally! Bought a SUB, now i need a favor?

Finally bought a Sub, my first one of any kind. Now can we please get a poll for Fisto to get him reissued?

We've discussed doing something like this, but honestly, their is just too much sales data from over two years of reissues to back up the justification of not going back into production right now on any figures. While their are some very vocal fans online, at the end of the day their just are not enough customers to justify going back into production on older figures.
    Will the trap door

Will the throne be able to swivel to activate the trap door? Or it is a manual thing

Too early to be certain how the door will work, but I don't believe it will be activated by the throne. That would be a lot of tooling for the mechanism.
    Icer's staff?

Is there a possibility, the golden staff included with Icer will include an additional hand grip so characters (IE Stratos) with open hands will be able to hold it?

I totally wish we could! Alas Icer is too far along to change at this point.
    So Scott, will you keep your promises?

Everyone purchased the castle based on promises made with the castle blueprints, size, etc..Matty will you keep your word and give us the correct size castle. What do you say Scott? Yes or no. People purchased this based on the blueprints. What we get will be what we saw on the blueprints. That was the promise.

As noted on the presale page, all measurements were estimates and subject to change. We made the Castle as large as we logistically could. If I'm any way unhappy we will be happy to help you cancel your preorder. In no way would we want to force anyone to take a product they didn't want! The castle is an ever changing project and we do expect further changes (not to the size but possible accessories). If their are changes we will be sure to let everyone know!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 17, 2013 at 01:47pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Now they expect further accessory cuts on CG. Not acceptable. Not by a long chalk.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Now they expect further accessory cuts on CG. Not acceptable. Not by a long chalk.
    I just hope they don't all get cut. I worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Agreed! As much as this thing cost,NO accessories should be cut!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I expected that kind of answer from Scott (about POP figures loosing boot cut articulation) !

Well, if 4HM are responsible for this mess ("design" in Scott's words), can somebody pass this to them ???

BTW, Again.... As expected, Scott dogged my reissue question ! Too bad Catra's Wrath (Matty MOD) has answered that !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I Hope they don't cut more. Maybe they said that to make us feel grateful if they don't cut any more features or accessories. The more they take the less I want the castle. I Don't care how pretty it is, I'm not shelling out $600 for 2 shells and have to buy the extras later.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I expected that kind of answer from Scott (about POP figures loosing boot cut articulation) !

Well, if 4HM are responsible for this mess ("design" in Scott's words), can somebody pass this to them ???

BTW, Again.... As expected, Scott dogged my reissue question ! Too bad Catra's Wrath (Matty MOD) has answered that !!
    But why keep asking reissue questions? They have stated they are done because of all the leftover stock from previous reissues doesn't matter which character it was previously, and the fact that fans think Scott makes these decisions all on his own baffle me. They have found they can't sell the numbers they need to reissue figures with the lone exception of He-Man, while they may sold some reissue figures they were obviously being stuck with large quantities of these that were not selling. They have simply decided that paying to warehouse these, sell them at a reduced price possibly a loss, or giving them away isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    But why keep asking reissue questions? They have stated they are done because of all the leftover stock from previous reissues doesn't matter which character it was previously, and the fact that fans think Scott makes these decisions all on his own baffle me. They have found they can't sell the numbers they need to reissue figures with the lone exception of He-Man, while they may sold some reissue figures they were obviously being stuck with large quantities of these that were not selling. They have simply decided that paying to warehouse these, sell them at a reduced price possibly a loss, or giving them away isn't worth it.
    Instead of keeping on asking, people need to find out how many fans actually need these Teela, Fisto and Sorceress figures.

Trying a pre-order might work.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Instead of keeping on asking, people need to find out how many fans actually need these Teela, Fisto and Sorceress figures.

I just don't think it would be enough poeple to justify the cost.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

So according to Scott now, the 4H make all the decisions for articulation based upon they're "unarticulated sculpt" as he's called it. So articulation decisions are up to the horsemen and final sculpting and colours is left to design to make the figures pop. Sounds bass ackwards to me.

I also don't understand why people are asking for a reissue sub, which means they would most likely need to buy a couple figures they already have, and not just buying them on the secondary market. Why spend $35 for figures you don't need when you could just buy from eBay.

J
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; March 5, 2013 at 06:32pm.

All 3 for me please . It would be nice if they gave a preorder a shot. All 3 go for a minimum of $100 on the current market. At least w/ Sorceress, we have the TOD version. But Teela is essential, and Fisto is just epic. Plus, it's my understanding some subbers didn't even get a Fisto.

Mattel has to know that if they cut more accessories from the castle, folks are gonna drop it. I'm sure everything will turn OK.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Mattel has to know that if they cut more accessories from the castle, folks are gonna drop it. I'm sure everything will turn OK.
    I think people will STILL buy the castle. They can always get stuff in a Grayskull pack.

I think people will STILL buy the castle. They can always get stuff in a Grayskull pack.
    But we shouldn't have to!!! This thing is over $250 and they are saying they might have to cut simple accessories is ridiculous!But your right....suckers like me will still buy the castle anyway along with a Grayskull furniture pack,which I'm sure they'll make to bleed us dry of more money.
    Last edited by TITAN; March 5, 2013 at 07:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post

They really need to make up their minds who they are passing the buck to....The design team are the ones who can add a boot cut, and have changed the 4H designs before.... (Stinkor...cough), Dekker's stache.... The 4H are sculptors and while they draft the rough figure into a protoype, the Mattel design team are the ones that finally turn it from proto, into final toy.

If by some odd chance it really is the 4H....

Guys come on....give the ladies their cuts....but I find it truly hard to believe that the Grand Mattel design team that gave us Stinkor's reversed forearms after all, after the 4H sculpted them correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    I just don't think it would be enough poeple to justify the cost.
    I for one would buy an extra Teela & Fisto for MOSC, that I can say for sure. Maybe even 2 of each, so I can fix Fisto's Silver abs and ugly sword holder, and do a Filmation Teela.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I can see not having the cuts when it messes up the aesthetics. Otherwise, I don't think it should be cut. I imagine an aesthetic cut is up to the 4H. Otherwise, it'd probably be design.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

No offense towards anyone in particular, but why are people screaming that the castle already costs too much and how dare they try and cut more?? That $250 is nothing compared to most items in todays specialty market. I could understand if it was a mass retail item....but it is NOT. We are getting a full size playset for close to the same cost that Hot Toys retails per action figure. And it pales in cost comparison to most collector statues from Hard Hero or the like. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and be happy that it is offered at all. You dont want it for what it is? ...then dont friggin buy it.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Pretty much everything I was thinking. The figures are out there, people just don't want to pay the cost for them. Every line has low cost figures and high end ones. This is no different. It is not Matty's job to re-issue figures because the secondary market prices are too high.

Put together the top 6 most expensive figures and I bet we could get a crapload of people willing to sign up for a subscription for them! I think that's the key - no cherry picking. Everyone who signs up buys all 6.

Teela
    Fisto
    Sorceress
    Beast Man
    Whiplash?
    Who else goes for over $100?

Well I guess the Horsemen weren't able to get that handle onto the Staff of Avion for Stratos...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    Pretty much everything I was thinking. The figures are out there, people just don't want to pay the cost for them. Every line has low cost figures and high end ones. This is no different. It is not Matty's job to re-issue figures because the secondary market prices are too high.
    Agreed. I started collecting late and had to decide what I wanted to pay if i wanted certain guys, basically you pay what the market is asking at the time, if you just started collecting now then you're gonna have to pay a premium for those rare figures like Teela, fisto etc. You either accept the reality or just don't get certain figures.

Reality can change. The question is: does Matty want us to pay sky-high prices for these figures on Ebay, or to buy from them?

A subscription which only goes forward if they get enough people might be lucrative for them and great for bringing in new and newer collectors!

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...How about a "Family of Heroes" re-issue 3-pack, with the Sorcresss, Fisto, & Teela... Mommy, Daughter & DADDY!!! Oh, Wait... LOL... But seriously, out those three in a $75 3-pack, Maybe through in a 2nd chestplate with a smaller sword-holder, and literally almost EVERY MOTUC collector would buy it!!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    No offense towards anyone in particular, but why are people screaming that the castle already costs too much and how dare they try and cut more?? That $250 is nothing compared to most items in todays specialty market. I could understand if it was a mass retail item....but it is NOT. We are getting a full size playset for close to the same cost that Hot Toys retails per action figure. And it pales in cost comparison to most collector statues from Hard Hero or the like. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and be happy that it is offered at all. You dont want it for what it is? ...then dont friggin buy it.

Please.This is a forum so we have the right to friggin voice our concerns and opinions over getting a Castle Grayskull that's worth our hard earned money! Hot Toys and I guess Hard Hero items are high end products made with better materials.This is just a plastic toy playset.So don't give me this "stop looking a gift horse in the mouth and be happy it's offered crap"! WOW! It never crossed my mind NOT to buy it if I don't like it! Well,I know that I still WANT it,but I just want to make sure I get my money's worth for what I was expecting!

I understand what the forum is and its purpose. I dont understand the need to take issue and beat it to death. The opinion has been expressed...loudly...about what people are disappointed in about Grayskull. I merely think the overall crying that it cost too much is invalid. You stated..rather incorrectly...that Hard Hero and Hot Toys use better materials. Do the homework before making such statements. The statues are a brittle resin and the Hot Toys are the same plastics used by every other toy company. There are not that many variations of plastic to use in the industry, just types based on properties of hardness/flexibility and opacity. They have QC issues even more numerous than Matty lines. They charge more because of more paint apps, mold detail, and more component pieces. Which means more points to fail in a mass production, and they do. If people dont like the "be happy it is coming at all" line, it is because sometimes the truth isnt very popular. People want what they want...that doesnt mean they can get it. I think we are way too spoiled by our culture and our ability to be appreciative has been diminished to the point some cant be happy no matter what comes their way. I am not attacking anyone by any means, but the seething admonishing of a toy company for not meeting the demands of a grown adult on a singular playset for their toys is now bordering on ludicrous.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia