Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strobo Arrival Thread

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    yeah DHL, cost $10 more than usps because i had the clamshells too and then had to pay customs, but hey, he's cool! and it shipped on the 15th arrived in the UK on the morning of the 16th, but missed the days delivery and then they were closed on Sunday, was really annoying watching it online and seeing it sitting there at the depot all that time.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got mine today to in germany!!! Great figure!! Fantastic DHL Service!!

Heroic Warrior
    Dang it. I really didn't care too much about Strobo until seeing people's pics of him. Now I kind of want him. Lol
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

online with my office computer in Liverpool

If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Mine is still sitting on the dock or the truck apparently, but I expect it by Saturday or next Mon at the latest.
    Congrats on getting one Shadowfall1976
    I had him in my cart and during checkout at 11:02am that bugger was sold out. Hope to get another chance on Matty by years end though.
    Anyone try Stinkors 200X gun for a placeholder yet? It may work unless the blues clash.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I'm crazy jealous! I was 2 seconds too late in getting a Strobo hopefully I'll get another chance

Here's mine,
    I added

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

After 3 days mine finally made it to Sparks, NV. This wait is ridiculous!

Heroic Warrior
    Strobo is a great figure. I'm disappointed that the tattoos on Zodak's head don't glow in the dark.

My Strobo just arrived!

Okay…this guy is just pure MotU goodness! I love the color scheme and all his joints are great! The meteorite and stand are nicely detailed! The Zodak head matched well in color to the Zodak body both in skin tone and tattoo color. It really refreshes the figure nicely! We can display Zodak the way he was mostly seen…sans his helmet! The paint apps on Strobo's helmet are VERY clean! Fingers crossed that his gun comes in a future weapons pack!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I was also upset that the tatoo on the extra head doesn't glow as well. Still happy to have the extra head and it looks great. I feel that Zodak is complete finally.

As for Strobo he really caught me off guard! I like him a lot! I gave him a Spy Monkey Creations Master Blade of the Empyrean and it works great! You can sometimes get light to reflect off his chest and hit the translucent blade. Its almost creates a glow effect. Really cool figure. I usually stick to bios but in my imagination he makes a great leader for the Cosmic Enforcerrs. Very happy with him and I could see him getting more popular time goes on.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Fishers, Indiana! Holla if you hear me!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    My Strobo must be partying it up with yours buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    My Strobo must be partying it up with yours buddy.
    As are my 2!!! However, there are 3 updates saying in transit so I am hoping he shows up tomorrow or Friday at the absolute latest. He was one of my most anticipated from the reveals last year just behind Snake Face. He and King He-Man tie for number 2. It is amazing that a figure of mis-matched parts and a new cape can be so cool.

Received my Strobo. Loving this DHL 4 day delivery to Australia.

Funny thing is, I actually live in Fishers, Indiana. It's always amusing to hear that people's figures are stuck there forever. However, it seems actually living in the town where this delivery hub or whatever you want to call it is located does not seem to help in getting figures any faster than anyone else!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Always wanted Strobo in this line to the point where I was going to customize one. He's even better in person. The colors really pop and make him a really fun looking superhero toy. I gave him Man-E-Face's shiny red gun. I think it works really well as a place holder.

Zodak head is pretty nice.
    I had the same plan; I have a Sy-Klone torso half painted flesh tone lying around right now...

I'm really psyched they made him, and have him on the way (no I didn't go near Matty, Big Bad never got him, and I have some stuff coming up in April and after that is going to take a lot of my attention, so I got him off evilbay to make sure I had him). I do hope the oddball figures like him aren't gone for good with the new emphasis on finishing the vintage figures. It's things like him that make this the most definitive of all the MOTU related lines, and some of the concept/prototype figures have been among the best in the line. Who doesn't love a giant yellow and green ape?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I had the same plan; I have a Sy-Klone torso half painted flesh tone lying around right now...

I'm really psyched they made him, and have him on the way (no I didn't go near Matty, Big Bad never got him, and I have some stuff coming up in April and after that is going to take a lot of my attention, so I got him off evilbay to make sure I had him). I do hope the oddball figures like him aren't gone for good with the new emphasis on finishing the vintage figures. It's things like him that make this the most definitive of all the MOTU related lines, and some of the concept/prototype figures have been among the best in the line. Who doesn't love a giant yellow and green ape?
    I agree completely. The line is going to feel less exciting without the obscure characters. I know they sell slower and all that, but seeing a new idea always attracts people. For me seeing Gygor and Demo-Man for the first time made me want to find out who they were and what they were all about. But, on that same token Mattel seems to care less about the possibility of grabbing new customers. I would like them to do a preorder for new characters to be sold outside the sub.

Heroic Warrior
    My Strobos arrived today. Cool figure. There are some very cool and interesting kitbashes you can make from Strobo, Laser-Lot, and Mekaneck.

So...I guess it's my turn to gripe about something small and almost insignificant. Being that it's about one of my favorite characters, I have to speak up. I'm not going to start a constant troll about Matty's "terrible" QC though. My question to everyone is...

Does your Zodak head have the weird spot on the tip of the nose? Like a clump of paint and a tiny hole or something?

The Cosmic Enforcers!

Strobo arrived from Matty today! Zodak is way cooler now with his unmasked head!

Last edited by TITAN; March 21, 2013 at 11:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Funny thing is, I actually live in Fishers, Indiana. It's always amusing to hear that people's figures are stuck there forever. However, it seems actually living in the town where this delivery hub or whatever you want to call it is located does not seem to help in getting figures any faster than anyone else!
    Hah, that's hilarious! I read a story about a heartbreaking murder case in Sparks, Nevada, which is also where figures get stuck. That was slightly less hilarious. But that's a couple "small world" moments related however tangentially to MOTU.

Almost every Fighting Foe Men weapon has a good weapon for Strobo

Last edited by SCB; March 21, 2013 at 10:47pm.

my stuff is always hangin in fishers for ever. didnt swing a strobo this time but if I had i know hed be partying with yours

Mine just arrived! Holy cow he is a cool figure. The meteor stand is a cool accessory and I hope more figures come with diorama pieces.

Bringing TMS to justice for his fiddling with time!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app