Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Strobo Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SlickMcFavorite View Post
    Kind of late chiming in here, but I was one of the lucky few to get a Strobo. Only problem, HUGE scratch running from the top to the bottom of his mirror sticker. Requested a replacement and got the whole, go ahead and return and if a replacement is available we'll send one, but if not you'll just get a refund. Customer Service has always been good to me. I will pull the whole, "I know you have thousands of these, I better get a replacement" thing if they try to screw around.
    I was sent 2 Miss Elizabeth figures instead of a Miss Elizabeth and Strobo like I ordered. I sent back the second Miss Elizabeth and was told the whole "might not get a replacement..." but I got an email yesterday saying my Strobo has been shipped, and I got tracking number this morning. I hope you have the same luck I did.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

That's great to hear. Hopefully they haven't exhausted their "CS stock". I only got him sent off a couple of days ago.
    Love, peace and TOYS!
    www.OpenYourToys.com

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickMcFavorite View Post
    Kind of late chiming in here, but I was one of the lucky few to get a Strobo. Only problem, HUGE scratch running from the top to the bottom of his mirror sticker. Requested a replacement and got the whole, go ahead and return and if a replacement is available we'll send one, but if not you'll just get a refund. Customer Service has always been good to me. I will pull the whole, "I know you have thousands of these, I better get a replacement" thing if they try to screw around.
    Okay, someone explain to me why DR cannot do a simple thing like check their stock and tell you if they have a replacement? And why they cannot reserve that replacement for you? They do know there are these new fangled thinking machines known as computers, right?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Okay, someone explain to me why DR cannot do a simple thing like check their stock and tell you if they have a replacement? And why they cannot reserve that replacement for you? They do know there are these new fangled thinking machines known as computers, right?
    DR is a drop ship system...put in order...order is sent...order completed.... Go turtle forward 50 RT 90....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Got a first weapons pack (ultimate battleground) thought I would try the Man-at-arms repaint sword and gun and he actually looks pretty decent with those in hands since it looks to be the same blue highlights in the weapons used in his paint application .
    Last edited by wyldman11; April 5, 2013 at 10:51pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I gave mine the pink enforcer gun and staff from the first weapons pak and, surprisingly, they work. The silver accents on the gun help. But the pink doesn't look weird with his red and blue and tan color scheme.
    Great idea. I missed out on Strobo myself, but has anyone tried Stinkor's gun? It may work if the blue matches up.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior
    A lot of accessories match Strobo, but IMO no weapons really go with him. With his brightly colored cape, under-roos, and chest mirror, it seems he'd just fly around and uni-beam fools like those other guys do. And they surely never use guns or swords. Lol.

Strobo abilities:
    -flight with speeds up to mach 4.
    -absorbs & redirects light and many other forms of energy. Can create simple force blasts and fields and sometimes more complex objects.
    -invisibility
    -intangability
    -can increase his weight up to 20 tons (with strength to match).
    -teleportation (even between dimensional planes. Much like Zodak.)

It's just one of those weird things where every other figure pretty much has something in their hands. Stratos at least has the wings on his arms which kind of make up for it. Other examples that don't look horrible with is Draego-mans unflamed sword and the rifle that came in the weapons pack. I personally didn't want to give him a gun because I figured his disco ball chest took care of range. I gave him the short sword from the weapons pack, and it does look better with the gun than without. But I feel this has more to do with the size of the weapons. I still would like to see him with Laserlots mace and shield, because thematically I like the idea. I just don't have a Laserlot and don't want to spend money on something if it won't work.

Conceptually I think he would go well with Laserlot and him being buds, I just find Laserlots final design to be a bit bland I much prefere some of the fan redoes of him that still use the basis of the figure.
    Last edited by wyldman11; April 6, 2013 at 12:21pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Got mine, was getting a little worried since i got fangman and he-king over a week ago, probably an easter delay! yay!

I know I'm really late to this party but I finally had a chance to open up Strobo and pose him with his gun from the new Weapons Pack!

I also took the time to repaint the gun so that it matched the prototype colors...It was only a bit of grey, black, and silver but it makes a big difference!

I'm glad that they were able to release the gun through the Weapons Pack because Strobo looks cool with it!

Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Uh, the Dec sale listing is up - and no Strobo? Did I miss something? Isn't he supposed to be in next months sale?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    Uh, the Dec sale listing is up - and no Strobo? Did I miss something? Isn't he supposed to be in next months sale?
    If he is anything like ToD Sorceress was he will just pop in and out all weekend long.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yes TOD Sorceress was supposed to be in last year's December sale, but Matty put her in Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales - including CS stock - they sold to the walls.

If there is a sale date, always check the site, Matty "changes" their mind quite often!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I've had him for a month or two now but I finally got around to reviewing Strobo. Need another look at him to decide whether or not you're going to try to score him next weekend? Check out my Strobo review right here!

I really, really like this guy. He's definitely closer to the top of my list this year than to the bottom of the list.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I have Strobo! He's goofy as heck, but I like 'em! I'm not gona lie though: a large part of my enjoyment is from the final picture of him frowning in that one comic he was in. I love the idea that he was integral to the destruction of that meteor and they all just thank He-Man and Strobo is in the background visibly irritated. Good times!

Anyway, he's in perfect condition and all that (including the Zodak head). I'm impressed with how reflective his chest mirror is, too! Maybe not mirror quality, but certainly enough to continuously reflect the ceiling lights and blind me. One way or another I'm glad to have 'em!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Opened my Strobo today..he's fun. Realized he had a weapon come with the newest weapons pack so went to my spare box to pull it out. No where to be found. Seems my weapons pack instead came with another larger red rifle (not sure who it belongs to) that I had already given to Mantenna. Not the end of the world but really odd...

UPDATE: Did a little research and found that the gun was actually the Ditzstroyer gun I wasn't using, so I was shorted the Strobo gun altogether. Thanks Matty....awesome work
    Last edited by Shuanfu; December 8, 2013 at 03:22pm.