Thread: Silver Spoons

Heroic Warrior

Silver Spoons

Hey anyone remember this little gem from the 80's really loved the train through the house sorta like a real Richie Rich. Ricky Schroder has been on tv a lot lately talking about his new family movie he just made "Our Wild Hearts" on Hallmark movie channel but most of the interviews were asking about Silver Spoons and being one of the rare child stars that grew up without any problems like others had. Does anyone know why the rest of the series hasn't been released season 1 came out about 5 or so years ago I believe the show ran 5 years right that's a successful run isn't it?

I used to watch it some. I remember Alfonso Ribeiro and Jason Bateman being in it. I would guess the first season didn't have strong enough sales to have future DVD releases.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yup, I used to watch it all of the time as a kid. I remember watching Punky Brewster and Silver Spoons back-to-back. I have the first season DVD set... thus far the only season released. Also a year or two back, a channel called MeTV was rerunning the show, so I would watch it and DVR it a lot, particularly any episodes not on the first season set.

It's too bad they haven't even attempted to release the second season as a MOD release, like Sony did with the second season of Benson.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Punky Brewster got released all on dvd even included the cartoon series with it. That's a good idea a MOD release I hope they do release the rest of it the complete version not like ALF those are the syndicated versions on dvd yet other countries got the full version. I saw Ricky Schroder has a facebook page so I messaged him about it no response yet anyway.

Two words...Erin Gray.

1 of my favorite 80's series. Hilight eps.for me was with Gary Coleman and the Menudo ep. I still get that Menudo song in my head from time to time!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    I own the first season of Silver Spoons on DVD as well. I was unaware they hadn't released any others. I liked the show but wasn't a huge fan. I picked it up when Pepsi had that promotion a few years back and you could redeem codes for DVDs and such. I initially did it just to get She-Ra. Can't recall what season or volume it was. Anyway, to you Silver Spoons fans out there, I'm sure the other seasons will surface eventually. Once they finally released the final two seasons of "Taxi" on DVD, I was convinced that anything can happen.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Two words...Erin Gray.
    I'm right there with you!

Heroic Warrior
    That show had a lot of guests stars some to become big names like Whitney Houston, Christina Applegate, Joey Lawrence and if I remember right didn't the famous singer Pearl Bailey come on a couple times ran a diner or something?

I loved that show as a kid. I used to dream that I was on the show, his long lost brother. Saw my name in the credits and everything. LOL
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    That show had a lot of guests stars some to become big names like Whitney Houston, Christina Applegate, Joey Lawrence and if I remember right didn't the famous singer Pearl Bailey come on a couple times ran a diner or something?
    I even remember Matthew Perry in 1 ep.Not to mention Mr.T himself!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I'm right there with you!
    Erin Gray is the queen of spandex
    Looking to buy or trade sealed M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Packs. I can PM you pictures if you'd like to trade.

There's a girl in the garden.
    What?
    In the garden, there is a girl!

Heroic Ruler of Nothing KidRandor's Avatar
    Great show! The train was super cool too!

Quote Originally Posted by KidRandor View Post
    Great show! The train was super cool too!
    Yeah, that was awesome! I think almost any kid who watched that show back in the day wanted arcade games in their living room and a train running through it!

Heroic Warrior
    I just saw in a recent interview on Anderson Cooper the cast roasted Ricky Schroder in New York too bad that wasn't televised bet it was funny Ricky also mentioned he would be up to revisit Silver Spoons in a movie but didn't think at the time of what the storyline would be.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I remember the train, and that's honestly about it. I don't think any of the TV stations I've had over the years ever ran it since the 80s. I think the trend in the 80s was the rich lifestyle because there was a lot of focus on it, but it wasn't a trend that really lasted well when the 90s came along. I think most people relate better to the lower-middle class depiction- it's why the long-lasting sitcoms that got a strong hold in everyone's minds were Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch, Married With Children, Roseanne, etc.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    Erin Gray is the queen of spandex
    Yes indeed Wilma from Buck Rogers
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

I remember that show! I liked to watch it.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Two words...Erin Gray.
    QFT

Snappy Threader
    Watched that show all the time when I was a youngster. Cheesy but good.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Haven't seen an episode in years, but I liked it back in the '80s.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Haven't seen an episode in years, but I liked it back in the '80s.
    That's what youtube is for! I think someone put up the whole series good quality too but I will still buy the series when it the rest come to dvd eventually hopefully with extras interviews stuff like that. I remember another show Gimme a Break got 2 season released in the U.S but the whole series got released in Canada which is still region 1 so its all good

Quote Originally Posted by scroogemcd77 View Post
    That's what youtube is for! I think someone put up the whole series good quality too but I will still buy the series when it the rest come to dvd eventually hopefully with extras interviews stuff like that. I remember another show Gimme a Break got 2 season released in the U.S but the whole series got released in Canada which is still region 1 so its all good
    I've been meaning to order that Gimme a Break set from Canada, but had been putting it off. I just went and ordered it after reading your post here!

I actually just ordered it from a highly rated 3rd party seller on the US Amazon site who had it for a good price. I checked the Canada site and I'm guessing it's out of print now since it seemed only 3rd party sellers were selling it there anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    I bought the Gimme a Break set as well its good and I have started watching Silver Spoons episodes on youtube some I don't remember but others I remember really well although the person putting them on says some are edited not sure why didn't think anything was controversial about that show. I did get a response from Ricky Schroder but not about Silver Spoons he had posted on facebook asking people too share stories about family in the military I posted one story and he replied "thanks for you comment" see he has a keek and twitter as well not a lot of likes on facebook or twitter/keek followers though.
    Last edited by scroogemcd77; April 4, 2013 at 10:07pm.