View Poll Results: Who wins the bar fight?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ram Man

36 40.91%
  • Fisto

52 59.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ram Man vs Fisto

Fisto, metal-gloved hand down. More skilled, faster, and just meaner when you get down to it.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Alright, so the scene is a bar. The fighters down for a night of drinking, so the two are smashed and also probably at ease, so lets throw Ram Man's helmet out of there (still has the metal plate on his head).

Lets say both fighters are at thier peak in terms of inebriation. I mean Ram Man could probably take more (being HUGE) but for my purposes we'll say they're equal. Dunno how they are when they're drunk, but they're fighting so I guess they're angry drunks.

First off: Ram Man is HUGE. So much to trip over. He'll be wrecking the place right off the bat, and FISTO would probably be getting out of the way most of the time. Still...FISTO is a man of action (we can assume this because he had a giant metal fist attached to his arm stump - this is not a wait-and-watch type of guy) so he's going to be charging into the fray while Ram Man is charging him (and knocking everything over in the process). FISTO probably won't know better to get out of the way, but Ram Man won't be charging at his fullest. Chances are, FISTO will throw a punch right at Ram Man's charging head. Ram Man's metal plate still takes the blow, since I doubt FISTO is throwing his strongest punches either.

This will probably go on in a similar fashion. Ram Man keeps trying to charge or grapple, and FISTO will come out swinging every time, perhaps grappling when the two manage to get ahold of each other. That's where the key is, I think. Ram Man will friggin' toss FISTO when he gets ahold of him. Eventually I think that'll knock some of the drunk outta FISTO, but while he's getting up I assume Ram Man's final charge will send him through the wall and out into the alley.

They both lose out on paying for the damages, but in the end I think Ram Man is too much of a drunken wall of power to take down when the opponent is also drunk.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Maybe they just decide to hug and drink more beer. Then at the end of the episode they talk about how drinking and fighting are not the best use of a good night out without the wife and kids.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    Maybe they just decide to hug and drink more beer. Then at the end of the episode they talk about how drinking and fighting are not the best use of a good night out without the wife and kids.
    I like this!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Ram-Man...he's more heavily armored and better protected against Fisto's fist. Fisto's face is wide open to Ram-Man's punch or head butt.
    I agree. Fisto is really outmatched here by size,power & strength. Lights out for Fisto.

WOW! How is Fisto winning this poll!? ..... If the poll was "who is cooler?" .... fisto, for sure, but the question is who would win in a fight? I am assuming fisto doesnt get his sword.... they are both equally intoxicated, and a fight breaks out.

Ram-man hands down, and this is why. Ramman can run, head first, into stone, and the stone loses. I dont care how squarely Fisto lands a punch on Ramman, you cant knock him out. Stun him a little, sure, but Fisto on the other hand, as far as we know, has a head and jaw of a normal eternian, meaning even if Ramman is slower, he still has more of a potential to finish the fight. When 2 equally skilled, fit warriors fight, the bigger one always wins .... this would be no different. It's why fighting sports have weight classes ....

Unless of course it was like rocky and Fisto went the distance with Ramman, and both were exhausted and badly beaten ..... best Fisto can hope for is a draw.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Why is Rammy wearing his armor out to the bar? Sure, in toons he always has it, but that's for simplicity's sake on behalf of the designers and animators. I assume he has left it at home. Fisto, on the other hand (haha), is attached to his gauntlet. Therein lies the rub.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Why is Rammy wearing his armor out to the bar? Sure, in toons he always has it, but that's for simplicity's sake on behalf of the designers and animators. I assume he has left it at home. Fisto, on the other hand (haha), is attached to his gauntlet. Therein lies the rub.
    Maybe they just came back from a battle
    By the ancients!!!

I just thought of something. Wouldn't they be after some women after finishing a battle and drinking? Or that's what's behind this sudden fight, old Rammy doesn't like Fistie getting all the female attention.
    "Problems Weaver?"

I just thought of something. Wouldn't they be after some women after finishing a battle and drinking? Or that's what's behind this sudden fight, old Rammy doesn't like Fistie getting all the female attention.
    They're fighting over their favorite Eternian sports team.

I think their names would scare most women away.
    By the ancients!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    They're fighting over their favorite Eternian sports team.

I think their names would scare most women away.
    I was trying to be as clean as possible.
    "Problems Weaver?"

Heroic Warrior
    gotta go ram man...

Fisto may be able to smash things down with epic strength.... but Ram man looks like he just TAKES a beating. His main attack form is to smash things with his head and walk away.

I'm pretty sure he could take whatever Fisto throws his way... not sure Fisto could say the same.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Why is Rammy wearing his armor out to the bar?
    He's insecure and feels incomplete without it. For him, the clothes make the man.

Neither one has shown any attraction or desire towards the opposite sex, to my knowledge at least, so I don't see why this imaginary fight should be any different. Yet, both have often been depicted as competent warriors who do not back down from a challenge.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 24, 2013 at 12:53pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!