Thread: CBR's Top 15 list: He-Man: 15 Most Powerful Masters of the Universe

Heroic Warrior

CBR's Article: The 15 Most Powerful Masters of the Universe characters.

The famous and popular comic book site Comic Book Resources posted an article about the Top 15 Most Powerful Masters of the Universe characters! Apart from the obvious choices i.e. He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor, Hordak, the Sorceress, King Hsss, Evil-Lyn etc, the list also includes some less known MOTU powerhouses to the general pubblic, like Granamyr, Shokoti, Starchild, the Goddess etc.

http://www.cbr.com/he-man-most-power...R-TW&view=list

The article's premise as was revealed, it's the upcoming MOTU movie produced by Sony. So far we had some news that the things are moving on, but this article makes me believe that indeed the movie is on its way. Personally i would also hope that this article could mean that some news coming, for the MOTU comics too, from the moment that CBR is mainly a comic book related site, and since we didn't have any new update or announcement to come with April's solicitations revealed few days ago.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 28, 2017 at 04:51pm.

Fun to read, but definitely highly subjective. There's more powerful characters in the MOTU universe, like Horde Prime, King Grayskull (if we're talking the past, and Sh'Gora just to name a few of many.

I suspect it was a list that was intended to be more acceptable to the general public, which I understand. You get too deep into the lore and you lose the interest of the average reader.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Fun to read, but definitely highly subjective. There's more powerful characters in the MOTU universe, like Horde Prime, King Grayskull (if we're talking the past, and Sh'Gora just to name a few of many.

I suspect it was a list that was intended to be more acceptable to the general public, which I understand. You get too deep into the lore and you lose the interest of the average reader.
    I agree completely with you Val.

It's obviousy a subjective list. Nonetheless, apart from the list, it was a nice surprise that CBR actually did an article MOTU related, after a long time period.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 28, 2017 at 04:52pm.

Agreed. I'm happy to see a MOTU article at CBR. That's always good.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Widget

CBR's Top 15 list: He-Man: 15 Most Powerful Masters of the Universe

Over at Comic Book Resources (or CBR for short), the team compiled a list of the 15 most powerful characters from the MotU franchise, which ranks them based on their showings in the mini-comics and animated series. Of course, if it is strictly the "Masters of the Universe" it should list only those who are officially Masters on Eternia and should exclude villains and members of the Great Rebellion of Etheria, so Nigel Mitchell the writer is stretching the definition. I'll replicate the list here but leave out the explanations for their rank. So, from 15 to 1, they are:

1. Mer-Man
    2. Beast Man
    3. The Starchild
    4. Granamyr
    5. Zodac
    6. King Hiss
    7. The Sorceress
    8. She-Ra
    9. Hordak
    10. Shokoti
    11. Moss Man
    12. The Goddess
    13. Evil-Lyn
    14. Skeletor
    15. He-Man

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    By the dragons of Darksmoke am I having trouble keeping up with the logics here!

Have to admit, this is a first I'm seeing Moss Man touted as more powerful than the Sorceress. Look at any Filmation episodes and Moss Man is not considered on her level. Or even vintage minicomics as I recall.
    (but yeah if you compare maybe the NewDC "godlike" Moss Man to a Filmation Sorceress, then he might be. But still....how did the orders work here?)

Also this part about the Goddess
    The Goddess became a separate being who was worshiped by Eternia for thousands of years, and who was the source of power for Grayskull and the Sorceress.
    Where is that from? I don't remember it in minicomics. Is it from vintage goldenbook or something?

Though gotta love them using an entirely wrong image for "The Goddess". Since it's Teela. (who even by NewDC in-universe story is separate from Goddess/Starseed)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Fun to read, but definitely highly subjective.
    Indeedee . I dont see why the one episode wonders like Granamyr , Shokoti and Star child should even be on the list . What about Daimar king of demons or that Fire Elemental who claims to be "Evil" itself . These guest "Masters" are a dime a dozen .

HeMan and SheRa should be on the same "level"
    The Goddess and Sorceress is technically the same "entity" but from different lore and how is Evil Lynn rated higher ?
    Zodac does nothing . King Hiss is way too low . Why did Stratos never have the power to control all birds ?

The top Rankers , should be

HeMan/She Ra ,
    Skeletor , Hordak ,King Hiss
    Sorceress / Goddess
    MossMan
    MerMan
    BeastMan
    Evil Lynn
    Last edited by Lokus; January 29, 2017 at 05:39pm.