Edit: every person who views this thread should post something ...
I've searched and could not find a similar thread. I also contemplated on which area of the main discussion I should post this in but that didn't take too long. You can take the question however you choose .... Meaning the word "rare" can be twisted into:
1. Hardest item to find to add to your collection
2. Most expensive item in your collection, price either being what you think it's value is or the monetary amount you paid for it
3. Actual rarity, weather its age or quality or a numbered piece or a combination of all or some.
4. Your prized possession, could be an item that's not worth much at all, maybe something you have in your collection that you don't think others have in theirs.
5. Maybe a custom piece that's a true one of a kind
Yes, this is a loaded question but I'd like to see what kind of items us collectors value or interpret to be rare as far as motu is concerned. And please explain if you can.
At the moment, only been collecting for a few months now ... The rarest item in my collection happens to be the NECA castle grayskull door #41 of 50 in series one. To me this is rare because there have only ever been 100 total items made, 50 in each series and who knows how many still exist? I hope to add more rare pieces but for now, this is the zenith of my collection, what's yours?