Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the rarest item in your collection?

Hybrid View

What is the rarest item in your collection?

Edit: every person who views this thread should post something ...

I've searched and could not find a similar thread. I also contemplated on which area of the main discussion I should post this in but that didn't take too long. You can take the question however you choose .... Meaning the word "rare" can be twisted into:
    1. Hardest item to find to add to your collection
    2. Most expensive item in your collection, price either being what you think it's value is or the monetary amount you paid for it
    3. Actual rarity, weather its age or quality or a numbered piece or a combination of all or some.
    4. Your prized possession, could be an item that's not worth much at all, maybe something you have in your collection that you don't think others have in theirs.
    5. Maybe a custom piece that's a true one of a kind

Yes, this is a loaded question but I'd like to see what kind of items us collectors value or interpret to be rare as far as motu is concerned. And please explain if you can.

At the moment, only been collecting for a few months now ... The rarest item in my collection happens to be the NECA castle grayskull door #41 of 50 in series one. To me this is rare because there have only ever been 100 total items made, 50 in each series and who knows how many still exist? I hope to add more rare pieces but for now, this is the zenith of my collection, what's yours?
    Last edited by GFunny; March 18, 2013 at 08:27pm.
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

Snappy Threader
    Hmmm. My hardest to find item was a mint (loose) Point Dread and Talon Fighter...tied with a mint (loose) Blade figure. Other than those, it's hard to say.

So far, I'd have to say Eternia, though mine is loose and incomplete. But I just won on eBay over the weekend a Teela Zoar 2 pack. I had never seen one before and I love the box art.

AFA 85 MOC He-Man 8 back w/warranty, but closely followed by my blackbelt Leech MOC AFA 85 (may not be as rare, but means a lot to me since took almost 4 years to track down).

My custom Starchild won't be seeing her nanytimewe soon in the stores(sadly)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Podcaster
    MISB Eternia probably, though I'm slowly growing my collection of both the Panrico Dunkin plastic Portuguese MOTU minis and the Grenadier metal minis. The Grenadier metals are probably more rare.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    #1 would be my large collection book of motu newspaper ad clippings fun to look at the prices back then . not that valuable, but to me these are my favorite items . #2 would be my motu radio with 2 seperate castle grayskull speakers. and #3 is the castle grayskull play house tent that took my a few years to track down,

one of the rarest things that i cant seem to find is a motu drink master , i have a few cups but i need the main drink dispenser,

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
    AFA 85 MOC He-Man 8 back w/warranty
    <<---- Jealous ... lol

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

Trust me took a long time to track him down. I got lucky in that I got him in 2006 before prices exploded. Wouldn't want to try getting one now

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I would have to say I have multiple things I look at as rare & hard to find.

#1. Wizard World Exclusive 200X Keldor as well as my Toy Fair Exclusive 200X Faker.

#2. Commemorative box set of He-Man & Battle Cat limited to 10,000 pieces.

#3. My SDCC Prince Adam as well as my SDCC Battle Armor Faker.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hmm...

I do have a Battle Armor Faker.

I also have the little 1980's Hot Wheels MOTU truck not sure if it's rare or not, but I never see anyone mentioning it.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

What's this thread worth without pics?

Because this is in the original motu section i'm only going to mention stuff within that range

#1 Hardest to find * Hordak Grizzlor with Audio tape 2 Pack *

#2 Most expensive... possibly * Espada Luminosa *

#3 Rarity ... at least to find in such pristine MINT condition * Spanish Zodac *

#4 Prized possession ... The Grenadier lead sets, purely amazing

#5 Custom ... well sort of, the head is an actual testshot, the body is a custom imitating the he-man testshot featured in Mattel's artbook:

As I am now focusing more on MOTU, my rarest piece is probably MOTUC Wun-Dar MOC, and a loose & complete MOTUC Fisto. I acquired a pair loose vintage Zodacs in very nice condition, one with the red armor & weapon and the other with the black armor & weapon. I know it's not much to write home about, but I dig them.

Widget
    My friend had it, bought it on a trip to Germany in '89.
    Dylan M. Johansson

Heroic Warrior skeletorinzecloset's Avatar
    Expensive : Id say eternia loose, the two lasers skelly and heman loose but complete, megator incomplete.
    Most important : the man e faces i kept from my childhood.
    Rarest : my guitar 98 ibanez j custom (only 23 built!) :-)
    And acdc's angus young's guitar pick given in hand by brian johnson before i met the whole band in 1995.
    "I'm not insane i'm not insane i'm just smarter than you" The Dev
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorinzecloset View Post
    Expensive : Id say eternia loose, the two lasers skelly and heman loose but complete, megator incomplete.
    Most important : the man e faces i kept from my childhood.
    Rarest : my guitar 98 ibanez j custom (only 23 built!) :-)
    And acdc's angus young's guitar pick given in hand by brian johnson before i met the whole band in 1995.

Nice stuff but we are focusing on items that deal with our MOTU collection ...

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My rarest stuff is probably Turbodactyl & Bionatops, complete & in good shape. I've had Turbodactyl since 1988, but at some point I lost the top of his head. Fortunately, a fellow He-Fan from the site helped me out with a new head a few years ago!

I had one of the Monogram Talon Fighters, which I got off of eBay for a song at about the same time, but it got destroyed (read: obliterated, like nothing salvageable) when I had to move a few years ago.

Well I used to own Leo He-man and Skeletor but sold them.
    So I guess now it's my incomplete loose Eternia followed by my Galaxy Warrior collection( I know they aren't MOTU but they were a legit knock off and I've found them to be quite rare these days to find in good condition.)

LEO Faker.

My Masters of the Universe - Commemorative Series 10 Pack Sealed. I got it as a college graduation present back in 2001, and it's been the center piece of my collection.

I did have an Eternia playset in my youth, but sadly I didn't take very good care of it. It fell apart and did not survive my parents spring cleaning one year.

Widget
    Ok I feel obligated to post so here goes.

#1 Still haven't found it
    #2 Prob my MOC He-man collection not super mint or rare or large but prob worth the most
    #3 I don't really have super rare stuff but would prob say the loose variants I have are prob the rarest.
    #4 LOL Castle Greyskull was a gift from my Mum for my 33 birthday. I'm sure she paid way to much for it.
    #5 My own Custom He-mans Prison painting
    IMAG0545_zps9ffb5567.jpg

Widget
    I'm new here, but I would say for me its the ride on battlecat from my sears swingset as a kid.

Court Magician
    1. Hardest item to find to add to your collection: Apparently my Snake Mountain Rescue Game as no one has the instructions to it

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    I have a one of a kind bronzed Hordak bust won off the org directly from the 4H. I was offered $2000 a few years ago and I turned it down. Am I nuts?
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Just from MOTU and all it's related lines, the most expensive for me was Eternia at 800, Spinnerella missing only her crown, and most sentimental is the NA electronic Power Sword.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app