Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A for The Origin of Skeletor (SPOILERS)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Q&A for The Origin of Skeletor (SPOILERS)

New Stuff!

Minicomic vs Bios: Recruitment of Scope and Mer-Man

Hi Toyguru,

On the org I am maintaining a MOTUC timeline based on the bios and mini comics - and have one question regarding the chain of events and would be glad if you could help me with that:

The new minicomic shows at one point Keldor surrounded by several evil warriors including Tri-Klops and Mer-Man.

Tri-Klops's bio on the other hand says
    "Scope was recruited by Skeletor during one of the final battles of the Great Unrest to bolster his weakened forces." (Skeletor not Keldor)

And Mer-Man's bio says
    "Mer-Man was forced to serve in the armies of Skeletor after his kingdom was destroyed in a battle with rival ocean clans" (again Skeletor not Keldor)

Is it correct that those two were already recruited by Keldor (as the minicomic suggests) or were they recruited after Keldor became Skeletor (as the bios suggest)? And if Scope was recruited by Skeletor (not Keldor), does that mean that Skeletor continued to fight during the Unrest until the wall was errected?

For the sake of sanity, the mini comic will trump the bios if that helps.
    Minicomic Clarification...

Panthor's Bio states that he was found by Kekdor after he left Eternos, but the minicomic shows him leaving with his big purple pet. What gives?

Thank you! You rock!

(I'm trying to keep stuff straight for the Bio Narrative.)

Yeah. I screwed up. Well actually, it was really about the mini comic where we really wanted a cool visual of having a pre Skeletor Keldor with a pre armored Panthor together as an image. Since I wrote both the mini and the bio totally my miss. Guess I am re-conning my own stuff. ;-P
    More Minicomic Clarification...

Is that actually Spector retrieving the baby in the minicomic? I wondered if somebody could have taken his vortex suit. ???

Now THAT is a good question indeed....

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Mistakes at their finest!

Now my head hurts!
    END OF LINE

Heroic Warrior
    I thought Toyguru had everything scripted out for the entire MotU mythology. Maybe TMS went back and changed everything!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

I donīt like when the visuals get more important than the already established story and when writers contradict what other writers had written before. And in this case itīs even worse, since it was the same writer.

Every one makes mistakes, no problem but I think thatīs really careless.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I am not bothered by it. I think it's a great panel of Keldor and Panthor and like the idea he has had him even longer.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Why should we "Keep reading the bios!", if even the writer is discarding them?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Wait, the timeline is supposed to make sense?
    Ice ice, baby!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    While Panthor showing up is an continuity error, it is not a huge deal. And I like Scott's honest reply. Just because he is the guy writing the story doesn't mean his memory can't get fuzzy. Heck I have made mistakes in the past in my own writings because I forget things I established a few years back. It happens

Just ask Glorfindel
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

exciting comic. i loed it. so much cool imagry and confirmed things i was hoping to one day see. keldor was true heir as i hoped.

now all we need to know is who killed the queen mother and who was the possesed guy?

I'm glad he took responsibility for the Panthor thing. I like that. All is forgiven. See how easy that was??

Now, this suggestion that Spector isn't Spector is beyond the pale.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    It's precisely why skilled writers are needed for this kind of thing. It shouldn't be amateur hour.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I am not bothered by it. I think it's a great panel of Keldor and Panthor and like the idea he has had him even longer.
    I agree. I prefer the longer relationship between the two and as I've said before, it adds to Keldor's strength of character. I wish there was more depth to He-Man/Adam because he is so one dimensional compared to his wicked uncle.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    It's precisely why skilled writers are needed for this kind of thing. It shouldn't be amateur hour.
    Meh... skilled writing is a questionable and subjective concept. Stan Lee is one of the greatest comic writers in history... He once called the Hulk 'Bob Banner'

Mistakes happen. Even amongst the 'skilled.'

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I agree. I prefer the longer relationship between the two and as I've said before, it adds to Keldor's strength of character. I wish there was more depth to He-Man/Adam because he is so one dimensional compared to his wicked uncle.
    I have mixed feelings... First of all, its cool to see Panthor at ALL. I love seeing familiar faces. It was my favorite thing in filmation to see guest stars like Panthor show up.

However... how old do these cats live??? This is all pre-adam... Soooo that cat is at least 18?!?! One of the downsides of 'prequel' stories... is everyone gets MUCH older...

Another reason I like vintage story of "here's skeletor.... and BAM summon minion!!"

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    well, I haven't read the comic yet, it's still making it's slow boat ride across the Ocean to the UK. But I don't take any of the stories as canon (Filmation, minicomic 80's or recent, MOTUC bios or MYP era) I have my own and i occasionally dip in and take bits i like. For me Keldor recruits Scope, Marzo, Wundar (the traitor who gives Keldor the half power sword he was protecting), Blue MerMan, 200x Whiplash and a few others. After he is burnt by his Half brother Randor and the Eldors cast spells/curses on the others, he returns as Skeletor with TriKlops, and BeastMan (formally Wundar now de-evolutionized), and is joined by the new younger (green) MerMan who has taken over as king of the sea of Rakesh and Whiplash (plus others)
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Ugh. Hate is a strong word, but I actually hate this attitude. Putting preferences before the rest of the canon just proves beyond any doubt that Scott should never, ever be allowed to "write" any more comics or bios. Please PLEASE get someone else to do it.

The "if you don't like it, ignore it" attitude is about as popular as the CG "if you don't like it, cancel your order" attitude. It's simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
    The franchise demands more respect, especially from the one person who is supposed to be supporting it the most (Scott).

Heroic Warrior
    I'm personally happy that TG finally admitted that he screwed up.

Fortunately, I don't pay too much attention to the bios, so the inconsistencies don't bother me that much. But I must say that contradicting your own writings is quite a feat !

Meh...not a huge deal. There could be two big, purple panthors...the story could be tweaked that the original Panthor was killed. Maybe 'Panthor' isn't a name so much as a species? There are definitely ways to get out of this error.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Maybe 'Panthor' isn't a name so much as a species?
    Panthor is the name.
    Dylinx is the species (according to MOTUC Canon)

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Panthor is the name.
    Dylinx is the species (according to MOTUC Canon)

Well, there goes that theory out the window...but they could still retcon as there being multiple purple cats, the first of which died, and the second named in honor of the first kitty.

Or they could say that Panthor is really Clawdeen shaved and dyed dark purple to fool Skeletor.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Why should we "Keep reading the bios!", if even the writer is discarding them?
    Post of the week nominee......^

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Meh... skilled writing is a questionable and subjective concept. Stan Lee is one of the greatest comic writers in history... He once called the Hulk 'Bob Banner'

Mistakes happen. Even amongst the 'skilled.'
    That's true enough, but I think this writing couldn't pass remedial English much less the smell test of the MOTU fan base.

Time for a reboot. Again.

I think the story is poor & a mess.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    While Panthor showing up is an continuity error, it is not a huge deal. And I like Scott's honest reply. Just because he is the guy writing the story doesn't mean his memory can't get fuzzy. Heck I have made mistakes in the past in my own writings because I forget things I established a few years back. It happens

Just ask Glorfindel
    No, the Spector, which may not be Spector, actually brought Panthor back when he wanted to grab the baby and, of course, Keldor and Panthor hit it off instantly.

Eh, doesn't bother me. I always figured that the story would adjust if we ever got any media beyond the bios. It was minor, and I wouldn't have noticed had it not been brought up on-line.

It's funny that he did it to himself, but he gets props for fessing up.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!