Thread: WTFWTK 2.98 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.98 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Niki.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Barbecue17: On the fan vote for which characters will appear on the Castle Grayskull box there is a disclaimer that basically says Mattel reserves the right to choose the characters under unforeseen circumstances. What might some of those circumstances be? If the winners of the context somehow managed to be Illumina, Uncle Montork, Tung Lashor, Mosquitor, and Detective Lubic, would Mattel not honor those choices in order to ensure that He-Man and Skeletor were on the box?

2. MaxGoof: Although it's been stated that Kowl is considered a high priority to be released in MOTUC, Loo-Kee never seems to be mentioned. As Loo-Kee is a legendary vintage figure that few can afford, appears in every episode of She-Ra and is the central character of several episodes, is Loo-Kee a character Mattel considers a priority (despite the unique tooling)? Also, given Loo-Kee's role in the POP universe, wouldn't it be cool if he was "hidden" in the same manner as Prince Adam?

3. Sailoruranus: There is no question that NA has gotten the least amount of love/attention in this line. Any chance we could get a Jetlag subscription to fill out the ranks with some of the cartoon characters?

4. Snakeeyes0217: I feel that Jitsu's head is disproportionately small. Was it sculpted that small by the Horsemen or does it suffer from production shrink?

5. Niki: When Mattel got the Filmation rights to make MOTUC figures of characters Filmation owned it was said they have Jetlag rights as well. But since than no mentioning again. We have a FILMATION sub now, which is amazing and i think a lot of people appreciate that. Still no original Jetlag character like Crita, Master Sebrian or Drissi has been announced. I´m excluding Mara here because it was said before that she is part of the prototypes now which are already considered. As far as i understood. Will there be an original Jetlag character included in the new roadmap especially since the Filmation sub made some room again?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Typically when someone asks asks a question about how a unique character might be approached in Classics (for instance if Dragstor might have a unique torso with an actual wheel or a piece of armor that simply looks like a wheel) we are generally told there has been no discussion on the character yet. Since we have been told that the new roadmap is for the majority of vintage characters to be released by the end of 2015 and we are told that most figures take over a year to plan, does this mean that the majority of remaining vintage MOTU figures have at least been discussed as to how their unique features (Rio Blasts's guns, Blast Attack's split) might be appraoched in Classics?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Can you offer some insight as to the thought process behind creating Mantenna? For example, there was a lot of fan discussion about whether Mantenna would have 4 legs or two groups of 2 legs.

Now that the focus for 2014-2015 is on vintage and important animated characters, does someone like Eldor fall into that category or is he considered a post 2015 character?

Since the Spell of Separation dissolved all Snake-Men and their descendants, what is the fate of the Palace Guard with a snake face? Was he a necessary casualty or was he once a human turned by the Serpent's Ring and thus still alive, like Mekaneck?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    When asked if Castle Grayskull will be able to fit figures properly on the floors without them being too cramped in between the different floors, you have stated that there is enough room to fit the 6" figures, however, that phrasing seems to go back to another discussion of the actual height of the figures. You have stated many times in regarding the MOTUC figures as being 6" figures, yet fans have been saying for years that these figures are 7". I finally decided to measure my He-Man figure with a 12 inch ruler and He-Man is just under 7" (more like 6.9"). Then you have a figure like Teela who is definintely taller than most MOTUC figures. Why is it to this day that you still consider the MOTUC figures as being only 6" tall and how can we be sure that will be enough head room in this 6" Castle Grayskull playset for figures that are a smidget under 7" tall?
    Last edited by grenadaspice; March 19, 2013 at 06:06pm.

Will there be any consideration to finally change the marketing approach to the line in terms of sub reveals?

At this point almost five years in, I think we as consumers and investors to this line should be just told what we are getting, no more "dangling the carrot in front of us"{Masters Cast Ep.53}. I understand that it helps create sales, but it also has destroyed them as well (I mean the numbers are showing you this clearly). I am sympathetic that revealing exactly who for some reason can have some legal consequence (?), but as people who are funding a program, product and for a better term 'stock', I think we are entitled to the overall prospectus of this line as we are encouraged to put our finances in without any guaranteed gain, except just simply receiving stellar figures.

You have a road map, provide it. You did with the Grayskull B-sheet and stressed that there would be changes and there were. Many ignored the fact and of course random variables did affect the production but it happens. And just as many voiced their opinion, many will continue even when something goes absolutely right. So from business standpoint there's noting to gain with that argument, just tell us what we are putting our money into and hey... if you hit a snag here or there.... FINE! If you can't do this particular figure now although you said you would yet get to it later....FINE. Cause at least I know my broker is giving me the news as he goes along not dragging me through the mud where my investment may be turning into an absolute loss.

I use to love the surprise of who is coming (just like in the day with the names on the back of the mini comic) but it's losing it's magic and your profit.

P.S. Can you imagine if that is not Sea Hawk's sword???
    Last edited by Nemisythe; March 26, 2013 at 09:20pm.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Does the "highly possible" odds of a Grayskull furniture pack or two happening later also apply to the possible odds for a Point Dread & Talon Fighter "Grayskull addition" as well?
    Last edited by Replikor; March 21, 2013 at 07:07pm.

Is Dare going to change similar to Adam in the 200X era, meaning from a small teen to a huge adult? Or will he be farther along in age and build, more like the vintage Adam? Is there any art from the SOHM Bible you possess that could be shared with us? I would really like to see a design for him as well as other future era characters.

Do you ever get discouraged by constant waves of negativity that get thrown in your direction?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I am really excited at getting MOTUC Castle Grayskull this year! I am a little disappointed that we don’t already have a MOTUC Talon Fighter to sit on top. I am interested in the new Wind Raider attachment. I haven’t yet seen any pictures of how this will look. Can you take some pictures or do a video to show how the Wind Raider attachment looks with the Wind Raider?

Thanks for a great line!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

I have racked my brains over these three characters but could not find them anywhere from the list provided by mattel for the cg box art. Who are these characters

Fang-or

Golden rod

Snow thief

When/if you get to Blast Attack will he be released with a Snake-men sticker on the packaging or will this be left off?
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Will we ever see Hot Wheels Motu vehicles (ie: Attak Trak, Battle Ram, Wind Raider etc) Seems like a no brainer
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Movie mayhem!
    With the success of the Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign is there any possibility of something similar being done to finally give fans a direct to DVD release that would wrap up the MYP 2002 toon. A three part set of direct to dvd movies would be ideal, but even just one feature length "season three" wrap up film would be greatly appreciated.

So Toyguru, I have a question (more so a clarification) about the remaining POP Vintage Toy characters, but need to quote you first:

"We may also miss out on some of the more obscure Space Mutants as well as some POP and NA variants, but yes, the plan is to get to all the major vintage figures and animated characters by the end of 2015."

The way you worded your comment, I just wanted to have you clarify that what you meant when you said we might miss out on some POP Variants or "major characters" you meant characters such as Starburst She-ra, Scratchin'Sound Catra or Shower Power Catra, rather than vintage toy characters like Fluttereina, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Loo-Kee, Peekablue, etc.? Just wanted this clarified. So if all goes well, by 2015, we should have ALL of the remaining vintage POP figures except for the variant characters.

Thank you.