View Poll Results: What continuity would you like a DVD movie to have?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have no interest in a direct to DVD animated feature

2 3.51%
  • The original Mini-Comics

13 22.81%
  • The DC comics

4 7.02%
  • The Filmation Cartoon (MOTU and POP)

11 19.30%
  • The New Adventures

2 3.51%
  • The later Mini-Comics/Marvel Star comics

3 5.26%
  • The MYP cartoon/MV creations comic

28 49.12%
  • The Movie

3 5.26%
  • A brand new "Classics" continuity

17 29.82%
  • Something attached to a forthcoming live action movie

6 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Questions of Continuities

Questions of Continuities

Not sure this is the right place for this poll, it it works better then anywhere else. Aside from the idea of a live action movie, it would seem to me that with the Classics line, it would be a great time to start doing some direct to DVD animated features, to help perhaps give the new line more exposure. Both DC and Marvel seem to have had a great deal of success with this approach, and seems like it would be a good, as well as not too expensive idea for Mattel. If they end up taking a similar route, one wonders what to expect. The possibilities seam almost limitless. They need not put out movies that focus on all the heroes, maybe even ones that don't feature He-man or ANY a-listers, such as a Fisto movie, or possibly stories based on comics or what not. What continuity would they be set in? A new "Classics" continuity? Or perhaps various continuities, depending on the feature, or even something set in preestablished continuities, like a sequel to the MYP cartoon, or something based off the early mini comics? Any ideas?
    King Tycho is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    In my opinion, if Mattel does do any direct to video projects, they are probably best going with a new continuity. Which likely means using the new Classics line as a starting point, although it wouldn't have to be - a new combined continuity using the same core that the Filmation & MYP series both used would be good as well. But since Mattel is already developing that with the MOTUC line it makes sense to go ahead and use it rather than starting from scratch again.

If & when the new movie comes closer to release, and depending on what it covers, an animated DTV prequel/companion story would be good.

I wonder tho. If they are trying to do a cohesive "Classics" continuity, how will they account for later down the line, when they start making NA or 200x characters? I mean, i love the idea of Classic style NA he-man, and a Classic style 200x He-man, but can one continuity account for all of th different versions?

Co-Creator of the NV
    I think that we've had various threads already discussing why direct to dvd toons aren't financially viable for MOTU.

In the case of the current classics line, I can't imagine why they would want to get more exposure at this point in time. According to the threads in the classics forum there are a number of problems that they'll need to deal with before expanding the line into the mainstream. Furthermore, since it's a "collectors line", the production runs will be pretty small and they're pretty much guaranteed to sell out as is.

That being said, if they were to go for an animated DVD I'd want an MYP continuation, but that is just my personal preference. From a commercial perspective it would make more sense to base it on the new classics continuity.

200x story and backgrounds were the best!

MYP series all the way, You cant make a DVD about the old school mini comics , alot of thoes ended so open ended and left way to many gaps to know what direction that any of the stories were going.

MYP series would really sell, the story was solid and the it brought the best out of the whole franchise from the mini comics up to the live action movie of 87. Plus if you look at the Futurama DVD sales you will see that they sell quite well just as DVD movies, same with Stargate SG1 . Straight to DVD is way cheaper than making a whole new season and trying to get it back on stations. they just have to sell it right. But back to the point being MYP all the way.

The first Mini Comics were definitely the way to go.
    Barbarian style, pure, raw & aggressive.
    Thatīs the He-Man I like and Iīll always remember.

I still remember as a kid reading the Mini Comics and being in awe with them, then looking at the Filmation cartoons and thinking to myself:- "man, they really screwed what was a fantastic story".

So if there is a movie, DVD, whatever, I really hope they would go back to basics and stick to the the first Mini-Comics.

the myp version was the best interpretation of MOTU. i'd buy it

Because we got the heaviest dose of plot and storyline from
    the MYP and comics of this last era, and because they were both cut short, I vote those.

I miss em!
    I'm a musician, and if you'd please check out my music, I'd be so grateful. Like it on facebook here:
    www.facebook.com/peterdamoremusic

If there was to be some kind of direct-2-DVD MOTU cartoon, MYP continuation would be the way to go! Why reinvent the wheel? 200X show was awesome!
    He-Man ima duge kose plave, He-Man ima začarani mač,
    He-Man ima tigra pa ga jaše, He-Man dobro čarobnicu znaaa...

- Ancient Croatian folk song

sfcentar.geek.hr

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton View Post
    The first Mini Comics were definitely the way to go.
    Thatīs the He-Man I like and Iīll always remember.

I still remember as a kid reading the Mini Comics and being in awe with them, then looking at the Filmation cartoons and thinking to myself:- "man, they really screwed what was a fantastic story".

So if there is a movie, DVD, whatever, I really hope they would go back to basics and stick to the the first Mini-Comics.
    i agree 100%
    Eternian Beastmaster

Heroic Warrior
    Voters have spoken, we like MYP the best .
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar
    I'd love to see a MYP continuation more than anything else. By far actually. But it occurred to me just now, while thinking about recent DC and Marvel animated DVD releases, do they have to limit themselves to just one? Not all the recent DVD movies are related. In fact most aren't. If MotU is a popular property, shouldn't different variations be welcome?
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by skeleton View Post
    the first mini comics were definitely the way to go.
    Thatīs the he-man i like and iīll always remember.

I still remember as a kid reading the mini comics and being in awe with them, then looking at the filmation cartoons and thinking to myself:- "man, they really screwed what was a fantastic story".

So if there is a movie, dvd, whatever, i really hope they would go back to basics and stick to the the first mini-comics.
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I really, really want new stuff based on the MOTUC Canon. I just loooooove it.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!