Thread: MotUC Custom Netossa Mask & Trident

MotUC Custom Netossa Mask & Trident

As Netossa came a little weak in the accessory department I can present you two nice items to update her little bit.

As MotUC Netossa was designed completely according to the Filmation cartoon she lacks the headdress/mask her vintage toy version was equipped with. Here is the version I created for her.

I have modeled one version with little loops at the side of the mask so one can attach it using a thin string and another version without these loops which you can attach by using blu tack or sticky tape (I will only show the version with the loops here but I think everybody can imagine how it looks without it ).

Attached with a string:

Because of Netossa's hairshape a piece of tape holds the mask in place (at the front it hooks under her chin)

A nicer way to attach the mask is to use "Blu Tack" which is a re-usable adhesive that won't damage your figure (available on online auction websites). Actually it is the blue goo Mattel uses for their figures in their convention displays.

My Second accessory is a trident I designed especially for Netossa. I really loved the idea from Matthew K's awesome Netossa Review over at thefwoosh.net. He equipped her with a trident of a Black Manta figure which in addition to her net-weapon gives her a cool gladiator style.

The mask and trident are 3d modeled and 3d printed by shapeways.

Let me know what you think

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    the trident is purely amazing, congrats!

is it possible to let the string pass under the hair and then over the later piece
    to hide it a little bit and avoid using the tape?

Snappy Threader
    Oh those are very cool for sure. She looks much better now. I do not like the Netossa fig, but if she had these, I would change my opinion. Looks awesome!

I really love the look of the mask, and the trident looks great, too! Wonderful job!

Love them both, especially the mask!

Thanks for your comments!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    the trident is purely amazing, congrats!

is it possible to let the string pass under the hair and then over the later piece
    to hide it a little bit and avoid using the tape?
    Hey, that is an extremely good idea! I think that it would work. Perhaps I'll try this later at home

Very cool! However, I'd modify/stylize the design to remove the extra material under her chin. You might even remove it completely to allow for the maximum amount of poseability of her head.

Maybe not as dramatic as the image below but a similar idea.

[img/]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/83439-115444-skywise_large.jpg[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Oh wow that is really cool!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Court Magician
    I love this! Great job. I love this figure, but you made it better.

As basically a non-POP fan, I think that you knocked it out of the park! This is what she should have come with instead of just a shield....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I don't know if it's acceptable to ask this in this forum, but do you plan on making these and selling them by any chance? I'd definitely be interested in obtaining them.

Fantastic! These came out so great. That's exactly how I imagined a Netossa trident and the mask looks excellent.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Fantastic work, Mike! They look perfect!
    I love an all inclusive canon!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Very cool! However, I'd modify/stylize the design to remove the extra material under her chin. You might even remove it completely to allow for the maximum amount of poseability of her head.

Maybe not as dramatic as the image below but a similar idea.

[img/]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/83439-115444-skywise_large.jpg[/url]
    The extra material is very much needed IMO, as it resembles her vintage toy headdress. To do otherwise would almost be pointless. This is great work. Though I read the trident as more a Mermista weapon, it works here too - especially with the way it has been individualized for Netty.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Thank you so much for those great comments!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    The extra material is very much needed IMO, as it resembles her vintage toy headdress. To do otherwise would almost be pointless. This is great work. Though I read the trident as more a Mermista weapon, it works here too - especially with the way it has been individualized for Netty.
    I have thought about Mermista, too when I created that Trident and I think I will do another one for her when she finally will be released (in case Matty won't give her a trident). But the Trident I would make for Mermista would at least have some shell or other personalized symbol

Why in the hell did they consider that stupid cape a damn accessory? Her Mask, and that Trident, make her look 100% better, they should have included them, she likely would have sold better.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Fantastic! These came out so great. That's exactly how I imagined a Netossa trident and the mask looks excellent.
    Thanks, Matthew! Actually I made the trident because I saw this great idea in your awesome review! So part of the credit goes to you

Heroic Warrior
    Great Job on both items

LOVE it, Can you not make two little hooks on the side the rest on the fins instead of having to use the string? that's the design I had in mind, I never used shapeways (or 3d modeling) but in my mind if I was able to make a head dress that was my plan.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    LOVE it, Can you not make two little hooks on the side the rest on the fins instead of having to use the string? that's the design I had in mind, I never used shapeways (or 3d modeling) but in my mind if I was able to make a head dress that was my plan.
    Yeah, I thought about that, too. But there is not enough space between the fins and her hair. A hook could only fit on such a high point that it would look totally weird :/

Very nice! I love how they make her look much more like a warrior!

Thank you so much for the mask, it is really fantastic. I ordered on this morning (and a Royal Guard sword, too)!

Great work!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by evilmike View Post
    Thank you so much for those great comments!!!

I have thought about Mermista, too when I created that Trident and I think I will do another one for her when she finally will be released (in case Matty won't give her a trident). But the Trident I would make for Mermista would at least have some shell or other personalized symbol
    The Trident of her people, but a little embellishment would not hurt this at all

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Love mine, it really completes her look!

Thanks
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!