Thread: Motuc GLADYA The daughter of BLADE Evil master of swords

Motuc GLADYA The daughter of BLADE Evil master of swords

Hello guys! My next custom is a brand new character for 2013: GLADYA She is the daughter of the evil master of swords: Blade! As expected her outfit is inspired by her dad’s with several new additions like a ponytail and a Chainmail “tank top”

I received a lot of questions about her chainmail: It was made by cutting the apoxie in tiny dots of equal size and then applied one by one, in a row, following the contour of her breasts (you can see it on the video) . It was a time consuming task inspired by the awesome work by Karen Palinko done in the Mera action figure from Dc Direct.

I chose the name “Gladya” cause she carries 2 gladius swords, and she is bald cause it’s a way to pay homage to her dad, however she left a long ponytail as a way of thanking the man who completed her training: The new lord of snake mountain: JITSU!

The bio was written by me (I know, I suck at this) however, Her real name was given thanks to a combination of names that many fans submitted on my Facebook page. The winners receive free shipping and a discount if they win the figure.

Pics and video follow. Thanks for checking it out!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Heroic Warrior
    Good work. Sculpting on the chain mail looks really good along with everything else. My only concern is why does she have an eye patch? I get the hair as an homage to both her father and Jitsu, but the eye patch seems a little overboard. Like, she just happened to get blinded in the exact same eye as her father?

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    well done! you did an amazing job with her armor.

I love it! I love all of your customs, Hunter Knight....alas, you and your customs are too popular and therefore end up selling for more than I can afford They are great to look at though, and you do a great job!

Snappy Threader
    Another Home Run! I love this character. Blade is one of my favorite evil-doers, so this is right up my alley.

Super clean, super hot, awsome custom!
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    Good work. Sculpting on the chain mail looks really good along with everything else. My only concern is why does she have an eye patch? I get the hair as an homage to both her father and Jitsu, but the eye patch seems a little overboard. Like, she just happened to get blinded in the exact same eye as her father?
    Oh I forgot that part. She plucked it out herself to feel what her father had to go through, and use the same anger towards her father's enemies..."only pain can show you the way of a true warrior"

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I love it! I love all of your customs, Hunter Knight....alas, you and your customs are too popular and therefore end up selling for more than I can afford They are great to look at though, and you do a great job!
    Ow that makes me feel sad . I do reissues from time to time, those usually go for much lower prices than the first runs. Let me know which ones would you like to see

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Another Home Run! I love this character. Blade is one of my favorite evil-doers, so this is right up my alley.
    Thank you! glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Cool character concept. Great execution. Nice work!
    Thank you my friend!

Great answer to that eye-patch question! Very clever! I LOVE her "real name", lol.....super-creative, pal.
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

Great job! Great character! Great realization!

I would like to know how did you make armor finishes (if isn't your secret ).

Thank you!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    DRAGSTOR in MotUC
    ----------------------------------------------------

Oh, man! She is freakin HOT!!! Never been so into a bald girl before!

Also, I tried to PM you, but it's always full and I was wondering if you had gotten around to the Filmation He-Man head we talked about at Power-Con--I'm still hoping for it!!! Thanks man!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Very nice work!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Oh, man! She is freakin HOT!!! Never been so into a bald girl before!

Also, I tried to PM you, but it's always full and I was wondering if you had gotten around to the Filmation He-Man head we talked about at Power-Con--I'm still hoping for it!!! Thanks man!!
    Oh wow is it full? Didn't know that. I have been working on some heads but I have tons of commissions to work on. I would prefer to do a full Filmation He-man rather than just the head. After the figure is done I could sell the casts.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Very nice work!
    Thanks JafariStew! Your art is quite inspiring too when making characters like these.

Thanks for selecting her as custom of the week!! you guys rock!