Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!

Hybrid View

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)

The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!

Well since the Star Sisters can have one...

Seriously though, he just needs to fade away. For someone who is supposed to be a very minor character who isn't over powered at all, he sure seems to show up. A lot.

Let's look at some recent appearances...

Mentioned in the DC Comics series, in the Digital Issue #1

On the back of the King He-Man cardback

On the back of Snake Face's cardback (makes little to no sense...maybe because he's a Preternia character?)

Shows up in the Secret Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic, taking "Skeleteen" to the future.

Even the "joke" appearances are getting stale... a "Time Agent" faction symbol...really? These are starting to feel less and less like fun, goofy, joke things and more like forcing him into the story and just disguising it as a joke. Remember, anything that gets people talking about the line is a good thing, right?

His design does not feel right to many fans, and he is likely the most unpopular of the 30th anniversary line. No other character from the 30th anniversary line makes constant appearances in official media like Spector does. Plus he plays some kind of role in the 3 main "Eras" of the story and bios. Just too much exposure.

I don't take issue with him being in the line, but for heaven's sake, can't we move on?

I would like to hear from folks who feel the same way as I do.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I dunno, I like tMS.
    Does Galactus fart?

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I like The Mighty Spector, too... Could this be a POP fan backlash thread? We've heard this all before... again and again You did say the Star Sisters got one, too.
    I do agree that he shouldn't be on the cardbacks since he not even part of the original sub.
    Last edited by He-Dude; March 20, 2013 at 01:57pm.

His design doesnīt bother me, itīs boring and very nineties X-Men.

The mask is whatīs bothering me, why does he need to hide his face?

The time issue now thatīs bothering me. When ever there is time traveling added to a story it gets weird and frustrating. And thatīs exactly what the mighty Spector does he is frustrating.

There have always been times when a new character came out that this character was used more than the others but than it all balanced out. Except for him of course, he still is every where and since he isnīt very well designed you can find him every where again.

I would like to see others used as well like Draego Man, He-Ro(the original who could send He-man back in time with his wand), Sharella or Eldor.

He isnīt the only character with special powers.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I think it's because his whole body needs to be covered in the suit for the time travel device to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I think it's because his whole body needs to be covered in the suit for the time travel device to work.
    Right, the suit thing...still i feel this mask sets him apart from the others and not in a good way.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The time issue now thatīs bothering me. When ever there is time traveling added to a story it gets weird and frustrating. And thatīs exactly what the mighty Spector does he is frustrating.

There have always been times when a new character came out that this character was used more than the others but than it all balanced out. Except for him of course, he still is every where and since he isnīt very well designed you can find him every where again.

I would like to see others used as well like Draego Man, He-Ro(the original who could send He-man back in time with his wand), Sharella or Eldor.

this is my problem, I love stories that deal with time travel like Doctor Who, Back To the Future, and others but it's one thing when it's the core of the story and another when time travel is inserted later by a single character, especially when that time travel involves the past. for one it opens up all kinds of can of worms, like well if you can travel into the past why don't you change this event. Then they have to go into some cockamamie explanation as to why. Well it would disrupt the ripples of time too much, or it's such an insignificant issue.

I think they should have taken Scott's basic idea and worked more on it, it sounds very much and looks like the idea wasn't changed much from what he originally had. Remove the time travel bit, have him become a teleporter who can teleport himself as a power. change the mask so it doesn't look so much like Deadpool, I mean Spawn, I mean Spider-man...
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    I like Mighty Spector as a stand alone figure, but he just does not fit in MOTUC.

Also, don't forget about the one thing that makes this character great: his wrist computer is reminding him that it is time for SEX.

Eternian glyphs? I think not. Scott, get your mind out of the gutter.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!
    Of course, your mileage may vary.

I replaced his masked face with the helmeted Icarius head. He looks like a space cop now, kinda cool.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

He-man: When you started, why the mask? .
    Spector: To protect the people closest to me.
    He-man: Yeah, but you're a loner, right? You didn't have any family.
    Spector: There are always people you care about. You just don't realize how much until they're gone. The idea was to be a symbol. Spector could be anybody, that was the point

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    While your photos are really cool (and Spector as a stand alone figure is cool), it still does not make him fit in with MOTU. MOTU is not about masked super heroes...at least, it's not supposed to be. But to each his own. I like the figure, but just not as part of MOTU and I wish they'd stop adding him in comics and bios, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    He-man: When you started, why the mask? .

Spector: There are always people you care about. You just don't realize how much until they're gone. The idea was to be a symbol. Spector could be anybody, that was the point

Yeah...anybody with the ability to time travel, which basically narrows the pool down quite significantly.
    Also, in the MOTU world, wouldn't wearing a mask make him a coward? I mean, the heroes don't wear masks and while He-Man is thinly disguised as Prince Adam, it's not like MAA, Ram Man or any of the others need masks to protect the ones they love.

Face it: no matter how you try to play it, TMS just does not fit in MOTU. MOTU is not about masked crusaders. That is the realm of DC and Marvel.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!
    Of course, your mileage may vary.

I'm fine with him in the universe, however, I really wish his appearances had a tiny bit of thought put into them. As they are now, it just comes off as "Here's Johnny! Pretty cool, huh?"

A name drop, a 1 panel appearance, it's just too lazy. Give a legitimate reason to be in the comic. Hell give him a 6 issue mini-series for all I care as long as thought goes into it. Also, I'm a little bummed the other 30th guys aren't seeing the same ammount of attention.

(No, the Evil-Lyn panel was not legitimate, as her bio was out long before Spector was even considered to be included in the line.)
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I like The Mighty Spector, too... Could this be a POP fan backlash thread? We've heard this all before... again and again You did say the Star Sisters got one, too.
    I do agree that he shouldn't be on the cardbacks since he not even part of the original sub.
    Not really a backlash thread... I suppose you could make the case for gender equality. In my mind the only thing similar about the Star Sisters and TMS is that both are pretty controversial. Mention either name and you are bound to generate angry posts.

In the end this is less about liking him or not. It is more about wishing he would just fade in the background instead of popping up over and over.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    In the end this is less about liking him or not. It is more about wishing he would just fade in the background instead of popping up over and over.
    It is actually you who just made the topic pop up again.

I like him ....and really dont understand why a thread like this exists.

Get a job at Mattel, work hard, get promoted to brand manager, remove TMS from future media. Easy, see?
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

In my opinion this figure is an utter failure, completely unrelated to MOTU and with mediocre design. It's absurd to think we paid for it the same as for Shadow Weaver, for instance.
    Let the power return!!

I hate the Time agent ********, Sorceress' corridor is plenty enough time manipulation for me.

Honestly, he's not the worst figure, and my dislike has nothing to do with Scott, it's the time BS premise of him, and the fact he looks too X-Men, and doesn't fit MOTUC.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 21, 2013 at 10:21pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This thread is like feeding a troll...
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Yes please, burn it with fire! He has no business being forced into the main storyline. I don't mind the figure for what it is but he needs to go away!

I think anything to get more purple spandex on Eternia is one step closer to getting a Songster figure... but I may be a bit biased.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

i like the mighty spector but his storys are to many prent
    i don't wanna read from him in every next 2nd Bio or more bad in all future Bio !
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Roē - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

I feel like I fell through a time warp.
    It's all Spector and Star Sisters lately.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Some folks have been waiting for decades to see Photog, who actually has a place in the line's legacy and shared the 30th sub with Spector. And there are many other characters who've barely been touched on outside a mini-comics appearance or two. But Laserlot gets an online comic to himself, and Spector keeps popping up all over. I can see why some folks felt the need to say, "enough, already."
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman