Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    See now I am the opposite. I love these three. But I look at them as a Final Fantasy fan, so they have a Magus Sisters vibe about them that I really like. I just wish more was brought to the table in their execution. I posed each of them to have unique personalities, but they are great as a group. But at least they had original tooling, unlike certain characters to come. :-(

But yeah...he has a ton of exposure...where's Draego-Man?
    That just reminds me how much I want a Magus Sisters figures especially in the Final Fantasy 10 look.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Regarding TG's comments about Filmation: it's rather a silly notion, seeing as how the Filmation cartoon is really the main reason the brand became the multi-billion dollar franchise it did.

Does anyone honestly think there would even be a MOTUC line had there not been a Filmation cartoon? You don't have to like Filmation, but one cannot dispute the importance of the cartoons.

The brand manager discounting the cartoons in this way just says to me that he doesn't get the property in its entirety. He doesn't like Filmation - fine- that's totally fine - but a bulk of his customers do, and they grew up liking it. The very fact that he felt he had to make those comments betrays just how he feels about that part of the property's history.

And that's after seeing the results of the yearly Org poll, which offered some pretty strong evidence that the majority like Filmation's contribution to the property.
    I dunno about that, 'duke. You can be a serious fan of MOTU and acknowledge Filmation's contributions to the brand without being in awe of those cartoons and taking them as gospel, as some fans do. At least we are getting a Filmation sub DESPITE TG thinking that Filmation is childish.

I think TG is trying to push MOTU as a more grown up property and shed it's campy "Adam West Batman-like" Filmation stigma, like G.I. Joe and Transformers have been doing for years with their more violent and serious war story canons and comics (Overlord!!!). His own bio canon and the new DC comics are the darkest that MOTU has ever been! Even Pre-Filmation and MYP weren't that dark.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I have recently read some documentation stating that there was a deal between the 2 companies in 1980 Conan property owners sued Mattel over MOTU but Mattel won here is a bit of what I found on that subject:

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I thought one of the creators came out and said the Conan thing was a myth.
    "In 1980, CPI, through its agent, Conan Licensing Company ("CLC"), began negotiations with Mattel regarding the possible licensing to Mattel of certain toy rights in CONAN. During this time, Mattel received a substantial quantity of material on the CONAN character. On July 31, 1981, CPI and Mattel executed a License Agreement whereby Mattel was granted "the right to make and sell certain plastic action figures of CONAN and ancillary characters as depicted in the CONAN movie." Amended Complaint, para. 12. The Agreement provided, however, "that nothing in the License should be construed as an assignment or grant to Mattel of any right, title or interest in or to CONAN, and that all rights relating thereto were reserved by CPI (except only for the licensee to use the property as specifically agreed to)." Amended Complaint, para. 14. It was also agreed that, after the termination of the License Agreement, Mattel would not make or sell any CONAN toys."

"In January 1982, Mattel requested that the License Agreement be terminated. On April 14, 1982, CPI and Mattel entered into a termination agreement which provided that "all materials created and or developed by Mattel for use in connection with products under the CONAN License" would be delivered to CPI's agent, CPC, which would have "the exclusive right to use such material." Amended Complaint, para. 17."

"In February 1982, Mattel introduced a fantasy character, "He-Man," as part of its new "Masters of the Universe" toy line of action figures. Since that time, Mattel has also featured He-Man and the other Masters of the Universe characters in, inter alia, a television series, comic books, and video tapes. Thereafter, CPI commenced this action asserting that these figures are copies of CONAN, were created under the License, and are CPI's property. Amended Complaint, paras. 20, 21."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I dunno about that, 'duke. You can be a serious fan of MOTU and acknowledge Filmation's contributions to the brand without being in awe of those cartoons and taking them as gospel, as some fans do. At least we are getting a Filmation sub DESPITE TG thinking that Filmation is childish.

I think TG is trying to push MOTU as a more grown up property and shed it's campy "Adam West Batman-like" Filmation stigma, like G.I. Joe and Transformers have been doing for years with their more violent and serious war story canons and comics (Overlord!!!). His own bio canon and the new DC comics are the darkest that MOTU has ever been! Even Pre-Filmation and MYP weren't that dark.
    Childish, while not as bad as kiddie, tends to not come off as a more sophisticated critique of a property is the problem. When it's followed up by more adult, it comes off as that adolescent version of adult where you throw in boobs, blood, and bad words and right it off as adult.

Filmation was aimed at a younger demographic then MOTUC is, so there will be some alterations in presentation because of that. The problem that does come into play is many peoples nostalgia for what was. Adam West Batman, and the silver age comic versions of other characters have a similar situation.

There are ways to show respect for previous incarnations of a property without coming off as too condescending is the issue. Of course we are in a day and age of sarcasm and similar forms of humour so that becomes an issue.

Filmation had a lighter tone to it, which doesn't always go over with the more modern cynical tone many express. Of course how modern that cynical tone is still around and should be changed is in question. Of course as people age they do tend to become more cynical, so that will always be an issue. But some will look for things in their life especially from their past when things were still optimistic and bright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I have recently read some documentation stating that there was a deal between the 2 companies in 1980 Conan property owners sued Mattel over MOTU but Mattel won here is a bit of what I found on that subject:

"In 1980, CPI, through its agent, Conan Licensing Company ("CLC"), began negotiations with Mattel regarding the possible licensing to Mattel of certain toy rights in CONAN. During this time, Mattel received a substantial quantity of material on the CONAN character. On July 31, 1981, CPI and Mattel executed a License Agreement whereby Mattel was granted "the right to make and sell certain plastic action figures of CONAN and ancillary characters as depicted in the CONAN movie." Amended Complaint, para. 12. The Agreement provided, however, "that nothing in the License should be construed as an assignment or grant to Mattel of any right, title or interest in or to CONAN, and that all rights relating thereto were reserved by CPI (except only for the licensee to use the property as specifically agreed to)." Amended Complaint, para. 14. It was also agreed that, after the termination of the License Agreement, Mattel would not make or sell any CONAN toys."

"In January 1982, Mattel requested that the License Agreement be terminated. On April 14, 1982, CPI and Mattel entered into a termination agreement which provided that "all materials created and or developed by Mattel for use in connection with products under the CONAN License" would be delivered to CPI's agent, CPC, which would have "the exclusive right to use such material." Amended Complaint, para. 17."

"In February 1982, Mattel introduced a fantasy character, "He-Man," as part of its new "Masters of the Universe" toy line of action figures. Since that time, Mattel has also featured He-Man and the other Masters of the Universe characters in, inter alia, a television series, comic books, and video tapes. Thereafter, CPI commenced this action asserting that these figures are copies of CONAN, were created under the License, and are CPI's property. Amended Complaint, paras. 20, 21."
    it could have been the creator coming into not sweep things under the wrong but playing a game of semantics where the Conan property didn't morph into the He-man product. It could be one of those cases like the Sony Playstation and Nintendo, the playstation was originally going to be a cd upgrade to the Snes at the time. Who is to blame isn't easy to assign and both blame the other.

It could also be the He-man stuff wasn't left over Conan prototypes, that got retooled and that is all the question was answering. At some point it might have been the deal just fell through, and the creators just went in a different direction and produced figures that were different. Of course how many sequels was George Lucas planning on making to a New Hope 2? 5, 8? 11? Depends on who you ask and which interview of his you read.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

From what I`ve read in various interviews over the years is that MOTU had been in development since late 1978 which is still 2 years before the deal with Conan properties was even struck leading me to believe that MOTU had little to nothing to do with Conan during it`s inception. Only Mattel know`s for sure tho
    Childish, while not as bad as kiddie, tends to not come off as a more sophisticated critique of a property is the problem. When it's followed up by more adult, it comes off as that adolescent version of adult where you throw in boobs, blood, and bad words and right it off as adult.

Filmation was aimed at a younger demographic then MOTUC is, so there will be some alterations in presentation because of that. The problem that does come into play is many peoples nostalgia for what was. Adam West Batman, and the silver age comic versions of other characters have a similar situation.

There are ways to show respect for previous incarnations of a property without coming off as too condescending is the issue. Of course we are in a day and age of sarcasm and similar forms of humour so that becomes an issue.

Filmation had a lighter tone to it, which doesn't always go over with the more modern cynical tone many express. Of course how modern that cynical tone is still around and should be changed is in question. Of course as people age they do tend to become more cynical, so that will always be an issue. But some will look for things in their life especially from their past when things were still optimistic and bright.

- - - Updated - - -

it could have been the creator coming into not sweep things under the wrong but playing a game of semantics where the Conan property didn't morph into the He-man product. It could be one of those cases like the Sony Playstation and Nintendo, the playstation was originally going to be a cd upgrade to the Snes at the time. Who is to blame isn't easy to assign and both blame the other.

It could also be the He-man stuff wasn't left over Conan prototypes, that got retooled and that is all the question was answering. At some point it might have been the deal just fell through, and the creators just went in a different direction and produced figures that were different. Of course how many sequels was George Lucas planning on making to a New Hope 2? 5, 8? 11? Depends on who you ask and which interview of his you read.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    From what I`ve read in various interviews over the years is that MOTU had been in development since late 1978 which is still 2 years before the deal with Conan properties was even struck leading me to believe that MOTU had little to nothing to do with Conan during it`s inception. Only Mattel know`s for sure tho
    the evidence is circumstantial is my actual view on it now. While in real life unlike court room dramas circumstantial evidence is all you really ever have it's the amount that gets some convicted. the only big thing here is we know He-man came out in 82, and around the time of the Conan movie Mattel was in talks to make Conan figures. We also know from initial idea to being in the store a original property can take 3-5 years.

You are correct in that, I know as the line did develop there were a lot of Conanesque elements thrown in but I don`t think Conan was the basis for the original product from what I`ve read and Mattel won that lawsuit so that leads me to believe that beyond a reasonable doubt the judge ruled in Mattel`s favor as there was no evidence to indicate copyright infringement from Conan propreties
    the evidence is circumstantial is my actual view on it now. While in real life unlike court room dramas circumstantial evidence is all you really ever have it's the amount that gets some convicted. the only big thing here is we know He-man came out in 82, and around the time of the Conan movie Mattel was in talks to make Conan figures. We also know from initial idea to being in the store a original property can take 3-5 years.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I do agree with the premise of this thread.

But more than that, what I wish it that MotU were a strong, viable brand with an expansive presence in modern popular culture.

I wish Mattel's action figure division had been competent, adaptive, and cutting-edge over the years. I wish Mattel hadn't botched MotU at almost every turn. I wish MOTUC had plenty of resources so we didn't get predominantly cheap headswaps (even if they are well-executed, 4H-created cheap headswaps) and then be told we should feel grateful for anything at all. I wish Mattel wasn't so obsessed with (and actively contributing to) the litigious culture we live in. I wish action figures in general were more popular than with just a small niche group of collectors willingly to pay almost any amount for product, regardless of quality, because there's no alternative. I wish MOTUC were so big that there were higher stakes, so the powers-that-be would pay more close attention to who's minding the mint, and wouldn't ever let someone use MotU as their personal playground in the first place.

And lastly, I wish for a world where the 4H can make a truly unadulterated MotU action figure line for adult collectors. No tooling budgets or "brand managers" or "faction fans" or kid testing to be held accountable to. Total artistic freedom.

And if that ever gets to happen, then lame characters like Spector will be so far from our thoughts that he'd only ever be mentioned as a passing joke, like Disco Skeletor or the Adventure Hero Spider-Man line.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Something like this would have gone over much better.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1cb53ca9.jpg

Personally I think he's a good action figure, in terms of having a good basic design and great poseability. But it could have looked a lot better. Bringing the same colours and every element right from a childhood design, rather than looking at other ways to make it more appealing and sensible within the present context of motu, makes the creator look totally out of his depth.

Also, time travel SUCKS, it's the one part of the bios that I really dislike b/c it is being used way too often. Why is the cosmic key being used to travel through time, rather than to different places?

It is a fact that there are people who don't like the figure b/c they don't like the creator, or have weird jealousy, or whatever. But if Spector is in the new minicomic, then it's getting to be a bit much b/c he's not that great of a character and not very visually appealing. I didn't know what "Mary Sue" meant, but I looked it up and yes, that's exactly what Spector is.

I did end up getting Spector as a foil for Mosquitor. But those colors- they're villain colors. I always liked that photoshop colorway from your post, so I put I put my extra SMAA to good purpose.

He's not completely done. I tried to paint in a Grayskull icon, and failed miserably. I think I need to hit up Kevin Kosse for one of his custom symbols.

-------

It's a bit much that his creation is getting more 'screen time' than previously established or even other new characters. I can understand why people would be a little vexed by it.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Wow... you guys take this Waaaay too seriously... always one upping each other to see who can be more toxic. Have fun.
    true that. jealousy and bitterness. sour grapes. if he were classic character or made by horseman hed be largely ignored if not trumpeted.

haters gonna hate

- - - Updated - - -

what i am suggesting is that had we not known of scott or the stories behind the line this character would at worst be largely ignored. what i am saying is that people (knowingly or not) are judging scott and not the character. and that is based on factors that involve all manner of history unrelated to the toy or character itself. as i posted, had this been vintage (it is as vintage classic in execution as anything in this line, moreso than some) or made by horseman it would be a non issue.

and for the record im not suggesting people are even aware of this being their prime motivation. but with the dispropotionate hate he gets and the strength of it refrenced against the bile levels scott gets unfairly I see a clear link.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Jealously?

That's unfair. So unless people like Spector or love his appearances they are jealous conspiracy theorists?

There is no conspiracy. Scott created the character and is using it a lot.

Some people feel like the character is being used too much. Some don't.

The people that do don't seem jealous, nor have they suggested a conspiracy.

I wonder if people know what Jealousy means....it's being tossed around a lot lately and makes no sense.

jeal·ou·sies

1 : an unhappy or angry feeling of wanting to have what someone else has [noncount] ▪ professional jealousy [=resentment of the success of someone who is in the same profession as you] [count] ▪ petty jealousies among political rivals

2 : an unhappy or angry feeling caused by the belief that someone you love (such as your husband or wife) likes or is liked by someone else [noncount] ▪ a marriage ruined by infidelity and jealousy ▪ He was driven crazy with jealousy. [count] ▪ He was unable to control his jealousies

I'm not angry about anything anyone has or even upset about anything that anyone has, nor am I worried about what anyone likes. I think one of the 100 figures in the line is being over used in a way that seems forced, so I've chosen to ignore it from my canon. I find it to be an annoyance and agree with the OP. I'm not angry...not upset....I just don't like it. It's not subconscious, I have no ill will towards TG, heck I came into the line late and didn't even know who TG was and I thought the figure was lame. It's like that Sesame Street song...One of these things is not like the others.....and it's obvious. I feel the same way about Cy Chop and if he suddenly became a super important master villain I'd say he sucked too. That doesn't mean I'm jealous of Terry or whatever the guy who designed him's name is either. I don't want their jobs and I don't want to design my own figure, nor did I enter a contest and never would. I just want cool figures with good story telling and not lame ones with bad designs and forced retcons. Is that too much to ask? While we're at it some more Draego Man would be nice.....there were always Dragons and he's a pretty sweet looking one. And as far as if it was made when we were kids.....no, I still wouldn't like it. As a kid there were cool characters and lame ones. I never liked Ssqueeze or Ninjor or Clamp Champ either. I also thought all the NA sucked as they didn't fit in with the "real" He-man line.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    What I originally liked about the MOTUC line was that we were getting more MOTU storylines from the bios. I also enjoyed the fact that Mattel was trying to bring some kind of unity to a brand which had many contradicting canons.

I don't want to sound negative about The Mighty Spector (I actually prefer the character's design to figures like Sir Laser Lot or Vykron). Still I believe that the bios have become more and more confusing lately and the new minicomics while enjoyable have brought even more confusion to the MOTU mythos. All those time travel stuff is starting to bore me now.

Surely Mattel is aiming at making a more adult and more complex MOTU but I'm afraid they have been focusing on some of these new characters too much. And while doing so, I fear that they have left behind some already existing characters with great potential. Where are Angella and Flogg for instance? Shouldn't they have played a part in the Classics canon? These two leaders haven't appeared yet in any of the MOTUC media...

There might have been too much exposure for some of the 30th anniversary characters. This kind of reminds me of the Lost Tv series which kept introducing new characters five years into the show and still was unable to bring a proper closure to its earlier mysteries.
    I'm fine with expanding the mythos but the new characters and storylines shouldn't eclipse other existing eras like POP, NA or Filmation...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I think I need to hit up Kevin Kosse for one of his custom symbols.
    I own that piece and highly recommend it. It's a nice piece and greatly improves the figure's look.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish Spector would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I own that piece and highly recommend it. It's a nice piece and greatly improves the figure's look.
    I concur. Mines yellow is a tad dark but still great. Like all his stuff!!!
    "Evil, it's just so much easier." Exclu-DEAD
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    true that. jealousy and bitterness. sour grapes. if he were classic character or made by horseman hed be largely ignored if not trumpeted.

haters gonna hate

- - - Updated - - -

what i am suggesting is that had we not known of scott or the stories behind the line this character would at worst be largely ignored. what i am saying is that people (knowingly or not) are judging scott and not the character. and that is based on factors that involve all manner of history unrelated to the toy or character itself. as i posted, had this been vintage (it is as vintage classic in execution as anything in this line, moreso than some) or made by horseman it would be a non issue.

and for the record im not suggesting people are even aware of this being their prime motivation. but with the dispropotionate hate he gets and the strength of it referenced against the bile levels scott gets unfairly I see a clear link.
    Baron, with all due respect, you are completely wrong in this assessment. Even if you take the "Scott factor" out of the equation, the character of the Mighty Spector is, hands down, the most prolific character from the 30th anniversary line. He has been mentioned in the DC Comics, used several times in the mini-comics, is on the card backs of several figures, and used in recent displays. This is fact. It isn't jealousy, bitterness, sour grapes, or hate. It's plain truth. In addition, the figure makes it's way into practically every photo-op and interview that Scott has, whether visually or verbally. All of these constant appearances make it difficult to "ignore" the character. None of these points have anything to do with the design of the figure, or the fact that Scott made him, or the background of the character. Just the fact that he is a constant presence in MOTUC now, which can't be said for any of the other 30th Anniversary characters.

Your arguments are moot. First, the figure wasn't made in the vintage line, so using that as a point is speculation at best. Second, saying TMS is as vintage in execution as anything else in the line is purely your opinion, not fact. Third, stating had the Horseman made this figure it would be a none issue is also speculation and invalid. Because, they did have the same task of making a new character and created DRAEGO-MAN, which is the most popular of the series. Fourth, none of your arguments have anything to do with the actual point of this thread, which is about how the Mighty Spector has received too much attention and should be put on the back burner.

Please do not assume you know what people are thinking or what their "prime motivation" is. To do so would be arrogant and ignorant.

I heard that every Spector figure is implanted with a tiny video camera. They broadcast a live feed to an evil underground lair where Scott can watch us all sleep. When we sleep he plots his destruction of Masters of the Universe!!!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Baron, with all due respect, you are completely wrong in this assessment. Even if you take the "Scott factor" out of the equation, the character of the Mighty Spector is, hands down, the most prolific character from the 30th anniversary line. He has been mentioned in the DC Comics, used several times in the mini-comics, is on the card backs of several figures, and used in recent displays. This is fact. It isn't jealousy, bitterness, sour grapes, or hate. It's plain truth. In addition, the figure makes it's way into practically every photo-op and interview that Scott has, whether visually or verbally. All of these constant appearances make it difficult to "ignore" the character. None of these points have anything to do with the design of the figure, or the fact that Scott made him, or the background of the character. Just the fact that he is a constant presence in MOTUC now, which can't be said for any of the other 30th Anniversary characters.

Your arguments are moot. First, the figure wasn't made in the vintage line, so using that as a point is speculation at best. Second, saying TMS is as vintage in execution as anything else in the line is purely your opinion, not fact. Third, stating had the Horseman made this figure it would be a none issue is also speculation and invalid. Because, they did have the same task of making a new character and created DRAEGO-MAN, which is the most popular of the series. Fourth, none of your arguments have anything to do with the actual point of this thread, which is about how the Mighty Spector has received too much attention and should be put on the back burner.

Please do not assume you know what people are thinking or what their "prime motivation" is. To do so would be arrogant and ignorant.
    *thunderous applause*

Bravo! Perfectly articulated!

I also wish he'd go away, but i don't see that happening now that we have this thread active!

It looks to me like TMS was designed as a figure that could easily branch over to the DC universe in an attempt to market MOTU to a wider fan base. Scott and Geoff Johns probably thought that they had a really great idea to broaden the fan base and create all sorts of new storyline ideas with a couple crossover characters, but the fans didn't respond accordingly. Since nostalgia is the driving force behind this line, I think the fans are frustrated that management can't seem to understand how to embrace that fact. TMS is the poster boy of Mattel's mismanagement of this property.

I think TMS would have been accepted a lot more positively if Scott's alleged brand expansion was more of a tertiary goal. If say, the 30th line featured a couple old mini-comic characters, maybe a collected volume of the old mini-comics, and some of the prototype figures or deluxe versions of He-Man and Skeletor, THEN Mattel released some small "new faces" line along with it just to introduce four or five new characters, I don't think fans would care that much. The reason so many fans are mad about TMS isn't because he exists, rather that he exists in place of far more deserving characters. Fans get upset because they realize the true strength of MOTU from a marketing perspective is in the nostalgia, not the new. Scott has done a relatively poor job handling the nostalgia factor and making it exciting for us, while putting far to much energy into developing the new factor which requires more than a shoestring budget if it hopes to be anything. If you can hardly afford to sell us figures without cutting every accessory and without cutting out every quality control aspect, why spend money on developing the IP when you haven't even developed all the stuff that is already sitting there waiting to be touched up, repackaged and resold to us 30 years later. People are basically waving their money at Scott and telling him what he needs to make and he doesn't seem to get it, hence a lot of the frustration when he drops something like TMS in their laps.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    *thunderous applause*

Bravo! Perfectly articulated!
    Yes i totally agree!

I donīt get why some people -and iīm using that word intentional as in more than just one person- canīt separate mr. Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich from The Mighty Spector.

I totally appreciate what Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich is doing for MOTU, when the FOUR HORSEMEN created an almost 7 inch fully articulated King Grayskull he realized there is potential and created MOTUC. Along the way he created a character he always wanted to be made. Another figure even got his face and now he has two figures of the same character and this character isnīt the most beloved or to some fans an already overused shoe-horned character.

Those are facts.

I donīt have to like what they do with The Mighty Spector but i think mr. Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich seems to be a funny guy when he is doing the walkthroughs with PIXEL DAN on the other side iīm also not to fond of all this killing off characters.

But thatīs not important when it comes to The Mighty Spector, he is overused if you ask me and i really wish other character would get similar treatments now.

I hope once we are into space itīs time for others to get some spotlight and i hope we finally get a list who comes along into space!
    Last edited by Niki; March 24, 2013 at 09:20pm.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I just saw him outside my window hiding in the bushes so I don't think he's gone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    What I originally liked about the MOTUC line was that we were getting more MOTU storylines from the bios. I also enjoyed the fact that Mattel was trying to bring some kind of unity to a brand which had many contradicting canons.

I don't want to sound negative about The Mighty Spector (I actually prefer the character's design to figures like Sir Laser Lot or Vykron). Still I believe that the bios have become more and more confusing lately and the new minicomics while enjoyable have brought even more confusion to the MOTU mythos. All those time travel stuff is starting to bore me now.

Surely Mattel is aiming at making a more adult and more complex MOTU but I'm afraid they have been focusing on some of these new characters too much. And while doing so, I fear that they have left behind some already existing characters with great potential. Where are Angella and Flogg for instance? Shouldn't they have played a part in the Classics canon? These two leaders haven't appeared yet in any of the MOTUC media...

There might have been too much exposure for some of the 30th anniversary characters. This kind of reminds me of the Lost Tv series which kept introducing new characters five years into the show and still was unable to bring a proper closure to its earlier mysteries.
    I'm fine with expanding the mythos but the new characters and storylines shouldn't eclipse other existing eras like POP, NA or Filmation...
    I agree. The story is veering too far away from what MOTU is, and from what good storytelling is. But that is what happens when you let a businessman write the bios and stories and develop the universe. TG is not qualified. Like many have said before, this is just glorified fan fiction.

I have no problem with this character.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    See now I am the opposite. I love these three. But I look at them as a Final Fantasy fan, so they have a Magus Sisters vibe about them that I really like. I just wish more was brought to the table in their execution. I posed each of them to have unique personalities, but they are great as a group. But at least they had original tooling, unlike certain characters to come. :-(
    Found it...this is what I mean

I think anything to get more purple spandex on Eternia is one step closer to getting a Songster figure... but I may be a bit biased.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com