Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!

Can we preemptively strike and start an "I wish the Songster would go away thread?"
    Last edited by burgun824; April 25, 2013 at 05:29pm.
    Kittens are delicious!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilestwarrior View Post
    I heard that every Spector figure is implanted with a tiny video camera. They broadcast a live feed to an evil underground lair where Scott can watch us all sleep. When we sleep he plots his destruction of Masters of the Universe!!!!!
    And he do well

Seriously, this character is still lame and is as MOTU as Whoopi Goldberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post

Seriously, this character is still lame and is as MOTU as Whoopi Goldberg.
    Whoopi Goldberg is so much more MOTU than Spector, actually she is the May figure!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Listen if you bought the new MOTUC Batman... Spector looks like a really cool villain for Batman to beat up. He looks great next to that batman, and it really makes me think that a few more DC guys would be awesome in that size.... I'd love a DC Warlord!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

i like the mighty spector but his storys are to many prent
    i don't wanna read from him in every next 2nd Bio or more bad in all future Bio !
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

If people dont like the time/ space warp that is attached to Spector...
    Its mentioned in the very first MOTU mini-comic about the Battle Ram's descrption. Something about it having spacewarp capabilities?
    So, technically Scott is playing in the vintage sandbox and creating/merging the Eras into a more thought provoking concept...Time and space are classic sci fi fantasy plot points.
    Yes, Spector looks like an 80's kids idea of cool, but the time agent idea is a pretty
    clever and fun inclusion.
    Last edited by Cottonwood; April 26, 2013 at 12:04am.
    Fantastical!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Its mentioned in the very first MOTU mini-comic about the Battle Ram's descrption. Something about it having spacewarp capabilities?
    So, technically Scott is playing in the vintage sandbox and creating/merging the Eras into a more thought provoking concept...Time and space are classic sci fi fantasy plot points.
    Yes, Spector looks like an 80's kids idea of cool, but the time agent idea is a pretty

Linking Spector to the Battle Ram is a real stretch, Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Linking Spector to the Battle Ram is a real stretch, Dude.
    Its true.
    Its a long shot of comparing the two, but the larger space and time ideas were always there.
    I understand that Spectors time traveling is a Mulligan/ do over for the MOTU franchise.
    But looks aside, hes a welcome addition and can possibly help fuse all the canons into a cohesive story line.
    Fantastical!

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Well since the Star Sisters can have one...

Seriously though, he just needs to fade away. For someone who is supposed to be a very minor character who isn't over powered at all, he sure seems to show up. A lot.

Let's look at some recent appearances...

Mentioned in the DC Comics series, in the Digital Issue #1

On the back of the King He-Man cardback

On the back of Snake Face's cardback (makes little to no sense...maybe because he's a Preternia character?)

Even the "joke" appearances are getting stale... a "Time Agent" faction symbol...really? These are starting to feel less and less like fun, goofy, joke things and more like forcing him into the story and just disguising it as a joke. Remember, anything that gets people talking about the line is a good thing, right?

His design does not feel right to many fans, and he is likely the most unpopular of the 30th anniversary line. No other character from the 30th anniversary line makes constant appearances in official media like Spector does. Plus he plays some kind of role in the 3 main "Eras" of the story and bios. Just too much exposure.

I don't take issue with him being in the line, but for heaven's sake, can't we move on?

I would like to hear from folks who feel the same way as I do.
    I agree with this. The Mighty Spector seems so contrived and excessive right now. Enough is enough. I don't mind the figure as much as others do, but I certainly don't LIKE it or the character. But too much overexposure is never a good thing, regardless of personal feelings about the character.

I understand that Spectors time traveling is a Mulligan/ do over for the MOTU franchise.
    But looks aside, hes a welcome addition and can possibly help fuse all the canons into a cohesive story line.
    I agree with this for the most part (leaving aside the Battle Ram bit) He is a Mulligan and I think he has been used kinda sparingly so far. A mention here and a back-of-the-package-there really doesn't count as saturation of the whole line. I also don't think he is over powered... he is a dude in a suit.

Not my favourite figure by any stretch of the imagination though but I do like him more than most I guess and I do think he gets a lot of underserved stick.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

I dont mind the figure, but I do not enjoy the amount of exposure that MS gets in the bios. So I agree, the MS needs to go into a quiet, secluded retirement.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm starting to like Spector. IMC, his character is becoming a cool mix of Kang and Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Listen if you bought the new MOTUC Batman... Spector looks like a really cool villain for Batman to beat up.
    Ha! He does!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    A few more DC guys would be awesome in that size.... I'd love a DC Warlord!!!
    I broke down and picked up the DKR Bats to stand with my MOTU collection. Wonder Woman, Superman, a Green Lantern would definitely be cool. The Warlord sub should go as followed:

-Warlord
    -Arak
    -Machiste
    -Hercules
    -Deimos
    -Mikola

What is this thread about again?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    The Warlord sub should go as followed:

-Warlord
    -Arak
    -Machiste
    -Hercules
    -Deimos
    -Mikola
    I'm in! Make these happen DC!

Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    Can we preemptively strike and start an "I wish the Songster would go away thread?"
    Why would we do that to a character that actually makes a viable contribution to the series

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    His desire to be the centre of attention is disgusting...
    I mercilessly hate this character!

I don't want to be here when Matty will give the subscribers this sticker sheet:
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    His desire to be the centre of attention is disgusting...
    I mercilessly hate this character!
    If Scott releases a bio for Illumina that says the two are star crossed lovers then I think you will have a case and I expect this thread will become exceptionally popular
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Disagree 100%. The difference is Battle Ram never time travelled. Plus a vehicle and a character are two different things. Saying a vehicle that can time travel is the same as an unwanted mundane looking character that time travels just to have an excuse to be crow-barred into every MotU era is a stretch imo.

I dont collect DC figures but i ran into a figure called "Nite Lik" at a store. I was thinking "no way, can scott actually have a figure named after him?" Well i got home and looked it up. Apparently it is true: http://www.comicvine.com/nite-lik/4005-81014/

How do i get my own figure???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jef-at-Arms View Post
    I dont collect DC figures but i ran into a figure called "Nite Lik" at a store. I was thinking "no way, can scott actually have a figure named after him?" Well i got home and looked it up. Apparently it is true: http://www.comicvine.com/nite-lik/4005-81014/

How do i get my own figure???!!!
    Wow. Just wow. What next, will TG show up as Ken's cousin? Will a Toy Boo-you show up in Monster High? How about he takes over for Commissioner Gordon in the Batman universe?

Yuck! He's in 6 separate comic issues.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Nite-Lik was named by Geoff Jones,(or so I have been told...) designed & Sculpted by the 4HM [looks awesome!] and is only secondary/swappable parts with more prominent Red Lantern Skallox. He was a marketing ploy, a "figure first" like Golden Pharaoh.

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=12227
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; April 30, 2013 at 06:31am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Nite-Lik was named by Geoff Jones,(or so I have been told...) designed & Sculpted by the 4HM [looks awesome!] and is only secondary/swappable parts with more prominent Red Lantern Skallox. He was a marketing ploy, a "figure first" like Golden Pharaoh.

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=12227
    I also read that Geoff Johns designed him. So GJ has a figure in MOTUC and a digital comic devoted to him, and TG has a figure in DC and appears in at least 6 issues of their comics. So this all had to have been worked out between them, and I just don't like it. I don't like that (bad) decisions about MOTU and MOTUC are being made this way - TG is treating this like it's his own sandbox.

If this is what needed to happen to get the comics created, I guess the ends justify the means. But if the comics were going to happen anyways, I just can't stand this.

Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    Hopefuly it will go away if people just don't speak about it. Seriously hate that songster concept!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yep.... no masks here.......

Attachment 83557
    Attachment 83558
    Attachment 83559
    Attachment 83560

And of course, the whole stinking Zodac corp....
    Attachment 83561

Ahhhh now 'I hate time travel' is a legitimate complaint. And not something that anyone could say will change your mind. It's legit. Right up there with "I hate cowboys or I hate ninjas". However, timetravel did not START with TMS. Time portals, disks, spells, and of course cosmic keys introduced the concept long ago.

The original line even had He-man riding dinosaurs by the time it was over...

Fans of Time travel stories understand the ideas of paradoxes and what ripples would happen... If TMS went back and stopped Keldor in his crib... he never would have been knocked through time and gotten the suit.... which means he couldn't have taken out Keldor in the crib... Its vicious. SOME things he can do... some he can't. Every ripple he makes in the deep past... threatens the present or the future.

With no Hordak... there would be no Skeletor... without skeletor, Adam may not have gotten the sword... and caught that run away asteroid!

Or Shokoti would have destroyed the world by now... Hundreds of possibilities.

My take on it was this... (first of all, I didn't recognize that as Skeleteen' in the last panel. I figured it was king Skeletor or something... ) Regardless... Faceless one said something about the 'guardian line' must be protected... or something. I'm at work right now.

Which to ME when i read it... meant that he saw the future, and knew that his own bloodline would be continued through the baby... and if he killed Keldor now, it wouldn't happen.

It has to take place after Evil Lyn loses her powers, since she isn't yellow in that image...

I don't know what kind of trouble bringing him to the future causes... nobody does yet. But he NEEDED to survive, so maybe it was the best chance? Or they needed to team up with him in the future? How many times did Skeletor, He-man, and Sorceress 'combine their power' in Filmation?? Can't do that if dead

The MOTU storyline jumped the shark LONG ago... Between dinosaur mounts, the 3 towers and then New Adventures... there's not a lot of damage that CAN be done to story.

The biggest problem is that people don't understand his powers... But that is really STANDARD for MOTU. MOST of the characters in the original line... we know NOTHING about. They MAY have powers.. but we don't know thier limits... their names... personalites...

Even the original minicomics were hard pressed to give us any real information on guys like Mekaneck, jitsu, Kobra Khan, moss man, syklone... the list goes on and on. We usually got a one sentance description, and then had to use our imaginations to decide who these guys were.

Zodac? What did he do? was he a good guy or a bad guy? Did he have any powers? We never got ANYTHING on that guy and he was an original 8 back... Even the original media stuff couldn't decide what to do with him.,,,

Now he's a green lantern rip off with a whole corp behind him

Is Spector a favorite of mine?

Nope. Not even close! however there are a LOT of characters in the MOTU that I dislike a LOT more then him.

Zodac, Whiplash, Squeeeze, Snoutspout, saurod, gwildor, All 25+ NA characters.... about 10 or so PoP characters... and that's not even counting the 'new' characters that never got figures... Vikor, Vykron? Fighting Foe Men?? (Ok, i actually like the Talon Fighter guy...)

MOTU has always been a series of hits and misses... and not everyone's opinions are the same... I just find it a little silly to rail against one particular character over and over again... when there are so much WORSE out there...

Kayo!!! Seriously... Pants and a white tank top... THAT'll fit in the line O.o
    do you know what's th difference between a mask and a helmet, don't you?

Was admiring the MOTUC collection lining the shelves of the office this weekend and settled visually upon Spector at one point, ruminating on how much hate this figure constantly gets on the board. Personally I think he's great and an excellent addition to the mythos- guaranteed to stand the test of time- but obviously most fans mileage may vary. I've never been able to tell why so many hate this guy- other than to bust Scott TG's canastas- but I see him as rife with possibility for future incarnations. A time traveling character is a great idea which opens the door to so many variation possibilities it's not funny. Now Matty just needs to capitalize on this potential. Here me Matty?
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    do you know what's th difference between a mask and a helmet, don't you?
    One's a movie starring Cher and Eric Stoltz while the other is a 90's alternative band?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!