Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!

I like him ....and really dont understand why a thread like this exists.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    I sold mine and forgot he ever existed. I think everyone else should too. If you hate a figure (pretty sad) that much maybe the best thing would be to actually stop talking about it. All it does is pull it back into the limelight. Same with the Star sisters, if you hate them that much just STOP talking about them. I get it, you hate them, now move on. Stop- beating a dead horse. As for spector being used again and again in the canon, just ignore it. It doesn't have to YOUR official canon. I hate that ManAtArms, Meckaneck and Stratos all die, so I just disregard the canon. Ignoring things can do wonders for one's health.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I like him ....and really dont understand why a thread like this exists.
    I like him too, especially after Scott revealed that Spector is partly inspired by Scooby Doo - one of my favorite shows. I plan to dedicate a shelf for Spector, Sir Lazer-Lot and King He-Man. They will look cool together ... and the other 30 anniv. figs too.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    How in the world does this thread have anything to do with POP, backlash or otherwise?

What? Now anyone who thinks that the brand manager's habit of putting Spector into every piece of motu media is a POP fan complaining about lack of pop?

Paranoid much? . That doesn't make much sense. I think Barezz simply cited the Star Sisters thread as support for having a thread like this. It could have been a thread about Gygor or Mo-Larr or Filmation characters...

Spector being in all the mini-comics, and the DC digital mini, and the 30th line, and on card backs, and in bios, etc. has nothing to do with pop.

As for the question at hand, I see it as the brand manager trying too hard. There are a lot of cool characters, that many of us have a lot if nostslgia for, who have had little to no exposure in the new media.

Ironically, by over-doing it with Spector, the brand manager could be causing even more resentment for the character.
    Because it's obvious... are you the kind of guy that thinks getting louder and just "saying stuff" makes you right? This thread popped up in response to the star sisters thread. So just be wrong and deal with it. We don't need another thread about TMS. Both thread titles are worded the same... do you still back your argument or are you sticking with your obviously wrong statement? You Mad Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    His design doesnīt bother me, itīs boring and very nineties X-Men.

The mask is whatīs bothering me, why does he need to hide his face?

The time issue now thatīs bothering me. When ever there is time traveling added to a story it gets weird and frustrating. And thatīs exactly what the mighty Spector does he is frustrating.

There have always been times when a new character came out that this character was used more than the others but than it all balanced out. Except for him of course, he still is every where and since he isnīt very well designed you can find him every where again.

I would like to see others used as well like Draego Man, He-Ro(the original who could send He-man back in time with his wand), Sharella or Eldor.

He isnīt the only character with special powers.
    this is my problem, I love stories that deal with time travel like Doctor Who, Back To the Future, and others but it's one thing when it's the core of the story and another when time travel is inserted later by a single character, especially when that time travel involves the past. for one it opens up all kinds of can of worms, like well if you can travel into the past why don't you change this event. Then they have to go into some cockamamie explanation as to why. Well it would disrupt the ripples of time too much, or it's such an insignificant issue.

I think they should have taken Scott's basic idea and worked more on it, it sounds very much and looks like the idea wasn't changed much from what he originally had. Remove the time travel bit, have him become a teleporter who can teleport himself as a power. change the mask so it doesn't look so much like Deadpool, I mean Spawn, I mean Spider-man...
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    I like Mighty Spector as a stand alone figure, but he just does not fit in MOTUC.

Also, don't forget about the one thing that makes this character great: his wrist computer is reminding him that it is time for SEX.

Eternian glyphs? I think not. Scott, get your mind out of the gutter.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!
    Of course, your mileage may vary.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, TMS needs to go away. The 30th line has wrapped up and at this point the character is being crammed down our throats. One thing that will never go away however, is the fact that he will have a legacy of being the most hated MOTU character of all time no matter how much artificial significance Scott tries to give him.

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Yes, TMS needs to go away. The 30th line has wrapped up and at this point the character is being crammed down our throats. One thing that will never go away however, is the fact that he will have a legacy of being the most hated MOTU character of all time no matter how much artificial significance Scott tries to give him.
    Yeah, as far as being crammed in all the stories, bios and comics I definately wish he would go away. I like the figure, but hate him in all the stories. Guess I should have added this to my other post, but ah well.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Ironically enough,
    this thread brings TMS back in the spotlight...
    You speak the truth. If you don't like TMS then don't talk about him. If you wish he would disappear then why would you start a thread in the first place....to discuss him? He already has an official thread that has like a thousand comments.

Get a job at Mattel, work hard, get promoted to brand manager, remove TMS from future media. Easy, see?
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Mighty Spector? Pfft. Sounds made up.

Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Get a job at Mattel, work hard, get promoted to brand manager, remove TMS from future media. Easy, see?
    Impossible. Mighty Spector will travel to the past to prevent said promotion from ever happening, thereby securing his future for eternity. Whose to say this thread was never meant to be started, but TMS traveled thru time to make sure it happened? Hmmmm......

I wish threads saying they wish figure X would go away would go away

Ironically enough,
    Ditto.
    I was wondering why anyone would start a thread about a character you want to go away.

Though the point is for the character to stop being so central to the story in new media, not in discussions on the Org. I just don't like time travel in most of my sci-fi stories as it lends itself to lazy story telling and REALLY?!?! moments. It can be cool (ie Back to the Future) but with a long story involving multiple characters and eras, it's more of a pain and leads to constant paradox issues. Oh well...
    I just need to get into Mattel and start writing my own version of MOTU. It would probably annoy everyone too.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Because it's obvious... are you the kind of guy that thinks getting louder and just "saying stuff" makes you right? This thread popped up in response to the star sisters thread. So just be wrong and deal with it. We don't need another thread about TMS. Both thread titles are worded the same... do you still back your argument or are you sticking with your obviously wrong statement? You Mad Bro?
    While I am thrilled that you would think yourself an expert on my motivations...I am afraid I need to help you out just a little bit.

The Star Sisters thread was made in 2011. A response in 2013 is hardly timely. What prompted this thread was my growing disgust in seeing Spector pop up on cardbacks he has no reason to, and now being the person who takes the Son of Skeletor into the future for Evil-lyn, which makes no sense. The mini comic appearance was the straw that broke the Battle Cats back.

I came to the forums, noticed a thread titled this about the Star Sisters, and decided that Spector could use the same treatment. That seems to be spelled out pretty well in my initial post...so...You Read Bro?

As far as this title "Bringing him back into the spotlight"...really folks...has he ever left? if he had been released and faded away (like say...Cy-Chop or Photog) I could see that point, but when he just pops up in the newest mini comic seems a bit odd to accuse me of bringing him back, lol.

But whatever. Maybe if there was just an "ignore" feature for Spector.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    amen. I see them as only stirring the pot and causing more mention of said character and brining them back into the spotlight.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    it contradicts established cannon.
    Don't let Scott fool you...it's "canon".

While we are at it:

It's not tool'd, it's "tooled"

It's not age'd, it's "aged"

Also, no apostrophes on plural nouns.

I wish that when Spector spoke, even his dialogue in the words balloons would be misspelled as well. That would be awesome. No joke!

That said, Scott is clearly ego-stroking, but keep Spector in. That said, I would LOVE to see character development on Extendar, Ninjor, Draego-Man, among others, too. I wouldn't say phase him out, but rather bring more personalities in. Everyone can have a favorite.

Spector: The Kardashian of MOTUC.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; March 20, 2013 at 04:19pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    His design doesnīt bother me, itīs boring and very nineties X-Men.

The mask is whatīs bothering me, why does he need to hide his face?

The time issue now thatīs bothering me. When ever there is time traveling added to a story it gets weird and frustrating. And thatīs exactly what the mighty Spector does he is frustrating.

There have always been times when a new character came out that this character was used more than the others but than it all balanced out. Except for him of course, he still is every where and since he isnīt very well designed you can find him every where again.

I would like to see others used as well like Draego Man, He-Ro(the original who could send He-man back in time with his wand), Sharella or Eldor.

He isnīt the only character with special powers.
    I replaced his masked face with the helmeted Icarius head. He looks like a space cop now, kinda cool.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Usually i would agree! But Spector is really lame!

I feel like I fell through a time warp.
    It's all Spector and Star Sisters lately.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    While I am thrilled that you would think yourself an expert on my motivations...I am afraid I need to help you out just a little bit.

The Star Sisters thread was made in 2011. A response in 2013 is hardly timely. What prompted this thread was my growing disgust in seeing Spector pop up on cardbacks he has no reason to, and now being the person who takes the Son of Skeletor into the future for Evil-lyn, which makes no sense. The mini comic appearance was the straw that broke the Battle Cats back.

I came to the forums, noticed a thread titled this about the Star Sisters, and decided that Spector could use the same treatment. That seems to be spelled out pretty well in my initial post...so...You Read Bro?

As far as this title "Bringing him back into the spotlight"...really folks...has he ever left? if he had been released and faded away (like say...Cy-Chop or Photog) I could see that point, but when he just pops up in the newest mini comic seems a bit odd to accuse me of bringing him back, lol.

But whatever. Maybe if there was just an "ignore" feature for Spector.
    I'll take Spector over the Star Fairies anyday... on cardabacks... in comics... in my collection.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Some folks have been waiting for decades to see Photog, who actually has a place in the line's legacy and shared the 30th sub with Spector. And there are many other characters who've barely been touched on outside a mini-comics appearance or two. But Laserlot gets an online comic to himself, and Spector keeps popping up all over. I can see why some folks felt the need to say, "enough, already."
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Ironically enough,
    Unfortunately, being quiet about him hasn't caused him to fully go away either.

When he first came out, I was really upset about a new character being so powerful introduced into the canon. It didn't help matters that in the first few pages of the DC comics, skeletor was fearful of alerting him nevermind he-man. I also thought having a full figure so soon after the nod in the palace guard was a bit too much also. It didn't help either that he doesn't really fit in with the figure line
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Snappy Threader
    I love Spector......hate Photog.......

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I feel like I fell through a time warp.
    It's all Spector and Star Sisters lately.
    Yeah! Who would think we'd talk about past events 1) on a website dedicated to an 80's toyline and 2) dealing with a time traveling character?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!