Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!

I don't really get the star sister revival or the relation to this thread other than in title....but I totally get the Spector thing as his appearance is new in the comic we're all just now getting and seeing him in a role like that was.......off-putting and out of place IMO.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah! Who would think we'd talk about past events 1) on a website dedicated to an 80's toyline and 2) dealing with a time traveling character?
    Bwahahaha!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!
    Of course, your mileage may vary.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok so I haven't seen a Spector thread in a while, so to want him to go away start a thread about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I agree, I'm over Spector being shoehorned into the franchise. Narcissism is never a good thing.

As a figure Spector is the worse in the line.
    Hardly, while not the best there are plenty of figures which are less desired by the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos75 View Post
    He's the Jar Jar Binks of MOTU!
    I would consider Orko and Razz as the Jar Jar of MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibentmyman-thing View Post
    Mighty Spector? Pfft. Sounds made up.

Wait...
    Funny how it's all made up? Yet newer made up stuff seems to be worse than the older made up stuff.

Specter I can deal with. He's seemingly a little out of place, but he's supposed to be a man out of time so I can deal with that. Photog and Castle Grayskullman are campy but they are the fan created figs so I expect that. CG-man is actually kind of cool in his own right. Draego Man is obviously the cream of the 30th Anny figs and I don't think many would disagree. Now Sir Laser Lot and Cy Chop on the other hand.......YUCK! I expected a lot more from those two figs and their creators.

Having said all of that though, I do think the overuse of the character is unappealing. I agree with that sentiment.
    Kittens are delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah! Who would think we'd talk about past events 1) on a website dedicated to an 80's toyline and 2) dealing with a time traveling character?
    Oh, that's the beauty of a message board. Doesn't mean I find it any less amusing. But I totally get the Spector thing because of the comic appearance. The Star Sisters thing seems more random because it's not like it's one thread. They are appearing all kinds of threads again! It's kind of like "Remember when we were annoyed by that?" "Oh yeah, let's be annoyed by that again!" But, hey, more power to everyone who wants to go over all that again. If anything, it allows new people a chance to have their say, which is never a bad thing.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    How in the world does this thread have anything to do with POP, backlash or otherwise?

What? Now anyone who thinks that the brand manager's habit of putting Spector into every piece of motu media is a POP fan complaining about lack of pop?

Paranoid much? . That doesn't make much sense. I think Barezz simply cited the Star Sisters thread as support for having a thread like this. It could have been a thread about Gygor or Mo-Larr or Filmation characters...

Spector being in all the mini-comics, and the DC digital mini, and the 30th line, and on card backs, and in bios, etc. has nothing to do with pop.

As for the question at hand, I see it as the brand manager trying too hard. There are a lot of cool characters, that many of us have a lot if nostslgia for, who have had little to no exposure in the new media.

Ironically, by over-doing it with Spector, the brand manager could be causing even more resentment for the character.
    Because it's obvious... are you the kind of guy that thinks getting louder and just "saying stuff" makes you right? This thread popped up in response to the star sisters thread. So just be wrong and deal with it. We don't need another thread about TMS. Both thread titles are worded the same... do you still back your argument or are you sticking with your obviously wrong statement? You Mad Bro?

You really want to go toe to toe with me?

I'm not mad at anything. I just think you're a pot stirrer looking for attention.

This thread was not made in response to the star sisters thread.

It was made in response to Spector appearing in the new mini-comic... And in the last mini-comic... And the dc digital mini-comic, etc.

You're trying to pick a fight.

It's tacky, and I'd love to discuss this with you in person if you'd like. I'm not much for childish jibes and keyboard warriors.

Be well.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Guys, guys. Take it down a notch, please. There's no need for this to be personal in any fashion. :)
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Yeah I was not too happy with Spector appearing again as well. I think there are other ways time travel could have been handled without having Spector involved. She could have used the Cosmic Key or heck even the Sorceress can open up time portals. In fact Evil Lyn herself could easily come up with some way to do it I'm sure. Basically why Spector? Why again snd again? I just don't see good fan reactions to it.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Ironically enough,
    this thread brings TMS back in the spotlight...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Too funny.

Meh, Spector's not so bad.

I'd rather see Sir Laserlot, Castle Grayskullman, Molarr ditched first.

See, I think the figure is fine. In fact, I was one of the very few who tried to encourage people to tone it down in that old thread where everyone was piling on Scott for creating the figure.

What this thread seemed to be about was his continued presence in new media, when none of the other 30th figures/characters have had that type of exposure.

Scott said that management wanted these 30th anniversary characters to fill gaps in the mythos and to be promoted.

We've seen Spector in as much of the new media as possible, but not any of the others (except for the DC digital mini - which I assume was Geoff johns' doing).

It wouldn't be so bad if the character organically fit into the story, but this new mini-comic makes him feel shoe-horned in... It's awkward.

So I don't think anyone is rehashing the drama regarding the making of the figure.

What people are questioning is the character's repeated appearances in new media.

It would be nice to see the wealth shared amongst other characters too.
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 20, 2013 at 08:30pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    I would rather have well received and superior new characters like Draego-Man (who actually fit the brand) be given the spotlight.

Trying to make a square peg (Spector) fit into a round hole, is just a waste of time. Most fans don't care for him. If anyone is a wrestling fan, they'll know the worst thing you can do is not listen to the fans. It'll turn them off, and ultimately destroy what you're trying to accomplish - making money. Your customers are wise enough to know what they like and don't like. Sure, you can put lipstick on a pig and make it a bit more tolerable, but at the end of the day, you're wasting your time going against the grain. If I was Mattel and DC, I would just give up on pushing characters that fans are not enthused about.
    Last edited by The All American; March 20, 2013 at 08:47pm.

Guys, he was in one small panel in a comic written by his creator, who just so happens to be instrumental in bringing us the greatest toyline ever as well as a mini-revival of the brand. Are you maybe overreacting a bit?
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Guys, he was in one small panel in a comic written by his creator, who just so happens to be instrumental in bringing us the greatest toyline ever as well as a mini-revival of the brand. Are you maybe overreacting a bit?
    Of course we're overreacting, it's Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Touché, my friend!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if the character organically fit into the story, but this new mini-comic makes him feel shoe-horned in... It's awkward. .

I don't see it as shoehorned at all... He saw a Evil lyn time traveling... with a Time Traveler...

Spector has one major ability, and that's time traveling... so if time traveling is part of the story, then he has a legitimate reason to be there.

Can't say the same for his OTHER appearances, but this one didn't bother me at least.

Honestly, there are so many duds in the MOTU franchise... that I find it boggeling that THIS guy gets so much hate. Half of him was in one panel, and he had zero dialoge. Hardly an apocolypse.

I probably won't ever buy TMS, I just don't care for the figure, especially the spade. As for being in the comics or the official Canon, doesn't bother me. Like it or not he is part of the MOTU universe as we know it. I say, just exclude him in you're story and all is well.

At first I was going to say I hate these kinds of threads, but then I saw people puffing out their chest and challenging people to meet up and "discuss" this issue. When an interwebs fight has the potential to turn into a real fight, I'm all for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Best post in the whole thread!!!

Looks like I stirred the Eternian **** pot by reviving the Stars Sisters thread. Sorry

I will say this thread did make me laugh hard when I saw the title
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Heroic Warrior
    lol, now all we need is The I wish, The i wish so n so would all go away threads, would all go away thread

Spector is on the card back of King He- Man?? Like King He Man or not, after the first King Grayskull he will be the most prized/most rare figure in the line. Any figures shown on the card back are to be of very importance. It is extremely narcissistic to put crappo spector on it. Kinda devalues King He Man. I DO wish spector would just go away and die!

It doesn't bother me that TMS is in MOTUC. I can also except that he was in the 1st DC digital, since that comic was about SLL who was also from the 30th Anniversary Line. But that was enough! I totally agree, why does he keep popping up? He is clearly one of the most unpopular figures. Let him fade away!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

I would rather a more highly regarded 30th anny figure like Draego-Man get the spotlight if the spotlight is going to shown on a new character. Spector isn't doing anything that Gwildor couldn't be doing. I'm not a fan of Spector's comic book look or his constant inclusion in media.

I myself, have always wondered if he would be more acceptable if his color scheme was different? I originally asked this with all respect to Scott's design but i truly feel his color scheme if done differently would really fit him in!

And if that don't work, King he-Man should make his next mission to discover which came first: The Eternian Chicken or The Egg and not return 'til he solves the mystery...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    Spector is on the card back of King He- Man?? Like King He Man or not, after the first King Grayskull he will be the most prized/most rare figure in the line. Any figures shown on the card back are to be of very importance. It is extremely narcissistic to put crappo spector on it. Kinda devalues King He Man. I DO wish spector would just go away and die!
    I don't see it as narcissistic at all either.... Spector WORKS for King He-man. King he-man is the ONLY He-ro son of He-man figure I expect we'll GET...

Personally, what "I" want to see on the back of the cards... are characters that have SOMETHING to do with each other. Spector and KH are from the same 'era'. Honestly, SLL SHOULD have been on there too... But we also had the other two 'King' Characters with Randor and Grayskull, and Horde Prime was mentioned in the bio... so he got a slot too.

Honestly, even though he was MENTIONED... HP had nothign to DO with KH... So I think the lineup SHOULD have been.... Randor, King He-man, King Grayskull.... And then have Spector and SLL to round things out.

Or maybe... just EVERY version of He-man made so far.... He-man, BA, TP, KG, KG, NA, that would be an interesting evolution picture....

but really... My first thought when I saw spector on there was "What???" Quickly followed by "Ohh yeah, that makes sense!"

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I don't see it as narcissistic at all either.... Spector WORKS for King He-man. King he-man is the ONLY He-ro son of He-man figure I expect we'll GET...

Personally, what "I" want to see on the back of the cards... are characters that have SOMETHING to do with each other. Spector and KH are from the same 'era'. Honestly, SLL SHOULD have been on there too... But we also had the other two 'King' Characters with Randor and Grayskull, and Horde Prime was mentioned in the bio... so he got a slot too.

Honestly, even though he was MENTIONED... HP had nothign to DO with KH... So I think the lineup SHOULD have been.... Randor, King He-man, King Grayskull.... And then have Spector and SLL to round things out.

Or maybe... just EVERY version of He-man made so far.... He-man, BA, TP, KG, KG, NA, that would be an interesting evolution picture....

but really... My first thought when I saw spector on there was "What???" Quickly followed by "Ohh yeah, that makes sense!"
    She-Ra was mentioned in that bio as well as was Teela and Queen Marlena all three aren´t on the back...

And why the Goddess is there is also a little mystery.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither