Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 280

Thread: The I wish The Mighty Spector would go away thread!

  1. #201
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Why? cause he has a melmet on and He-Man doesn't? Vikor looks like Conan. He-man looks like Vikor...hence He-man looks like Conan.





    You could say the same thing about TMS. Who cares? TMS looks a lot less like Deadpool than Skeletor does Dr.Destiny. Skeletor is almost completely the same. Even the colors are the same. Strike one: TMS isn't the same colors as Deadpool. Strike two: his face doesn't look exactly the same either.




    First, Dr. Destiny doesn't wear a suit of armor so that point is ridiculous. They both wear hooded cloaks but about 1,000 other characters wear hooded cloaks. By that reasoning you could say Obi-Wan and every Jedi looks like Destiny or Doom. Second, if they do look alike than it's Doom that looks like Destiny since Destiny was created first.

    Whatever you say....He-Man doesn't look like Vikor, helmet, brown hair, fur everywhere....MOTU started off with plans to be a Conan line....then was changed

    Sorry, no, Spector looks basically just like Deadpool except the color and a few minor details, so point still stands, nice try though.

    Also the point about Doom is the cloak & hood...., very similar to destiny, much more similar than your Skeletor to Destiny comparison where the similarity is only head hood and color....so thanks. Strike Three....

    By the way....whet the hell is a Melmet?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; March 22, 2013 at 07:59pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  2. #202
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,051
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Whatever you say....He-Man doesn't look like Vikor, helmet, brown hair, fur everywhere....MOTU started off with plans to be a Conan line....then was changed

    Sorry, no, Spector looks basically just like Deadpool except the color and a few minor details, so point still stands, nice try though.

    Also the point about Doom is the cloak hood and boots, very similar to destiny, much more similar than your Skeletor to Destiny comparison where the similarity is only head hood and color....so thanks. Strike Three....

    By the way....whet the hell is a Melmet?
    I thought one of the creators came out and said the Conan thing was a myth.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  3. #203
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,556
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I thought one of the creators came out and said the Conan thing was a myth.
    I don't know....I was just more or less screwing around about that, it's rumored about it, but I don't know if anyone really knows. But for the comparison about the others....I wasn't.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  4. #204
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I'll take Spector over the Star Fairies anyday... on cardabacks... in comics... in my collection.
    See now I am the opposite. I love these three. But I look at them as a Final Fantasy fan, so they have a Magus Sisters vibe about them that I really like. I just wish more was brought to the table in their execution. I posed each of them to have unique personalities, but they are great as a group. But at least they had original tooling, unlike certain characters to come. :-(

    But yeah...he has a ton of exposure...where's Draego-Man?

  5. #205
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,051
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't know....I was just more or less screwing around about that, it's rumored about it, but I don't know if anyone really knows. But for the comparison about the others....I wasn't.
    I know, I think the actual statement made was I don't remember that.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  6. #206
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    I started collecting motuc because I sold my vintage and regretted it ever since. When I found out there was a classics line that had the goal to release every motu figure I was very happy. My first figure was orko and from then on I collected them all and also bought the figures I missed before orko.
    Maybe stupid but I thanked my grandmother in heaven because I saw it as a second chance to collect motu again. Also figures I dreamed of having when I was a kid like geldor became a possibility to have and have the ultimate motuline ever. Back on topic:

    Everyone that collects motuc has a reason for collecting this line. We dreamed as kids we'd have a line like motuc, we didn't dream about figures like tms. The only one in the world that dreamed about that figure was TG. And he had many dreams, tms in scoobydoo land, tms in marvelland and tms in motu world were a few of them.

    Over the years our great motuc collection was deminnashed to a one man show and the motuworld according to TG gets forcefed into our mouths. Bios, the release list, the 30th anni line screem out a one mans vision and a dictatorship.

    A cartoon that had a message at the end about what's right and wrong, that is motu! Maybe TG should watch those cartoons again because over the years he forgot what motu is about. He conquerd castle grayskull (mattel) and uses the power to gain power and be the ruler of the (motu)world.
    There is no going back from this, the bios and storylines are beeing invaded with tms like a virus that can't be stopped and it's only gonna get worse.

    Do you know what MOTUC and TMS stands for?
    Masters of Tg's Ultimate Collection and The1 Man Show

    I hope the one thing that history learned us wont be forgotten, dictatorship kills!
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  7. #207
    Heroic Subscriber He-Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Posts
    787
    Wow... you guys take this Waaaay too seriously... always one upping each other to see who can be more toxic. Have fun.

  8. #208
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    Everyone that collects motuc has a reason for collecting this line. We dreamed as kids we'd have a line like motuc, we didn't dream about figures like tms. The only one in the world that dreamed about that figure was TG. And he had many dreams, tms in scoobydoo land, tms in marvelland and tms in motu world were a few of them.
    ???

    We dreamed very different things you and I. Half of my stories involved He-man teaming up with the Super Powers team and whoever got both halves of the sword controlled the universe... and Voltron.

    Yes, I prefer getting the original vintage characters that fuel my nostalgia. I've never made a secret of that. I wish none of the prototype/original characters had taken up slots. (Except Draego man)

    However, a 'super hero' easily fits into my version of MOTU.

  9. #209
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    ???

    We dreamed very different things you and I. Half of my stories involved He-man teaming up with the Super Powers team and whoever got both halves of the sword controlled the universe... and Voltron.

    Yes, I prefer getting the original vintage characters that fuel my nostalgia. I've never made a secret of that. I wish none of the prototype/original characters had taken up slots. (Except Draego man)

    However, a 'super hero' easily fits into my version of MOTU.
    That we all didn't dream the same is logical.
    When a movie or song is called a classic it's because it was there in the past and people find them iconic so it becomes a classic.
    Prototypes, original concepts, photog, filmation were all motu and even if they hadn't had a figure in the vintage line they are a part in motu history.
    How can something become a classic if it only existed in one mans mind and was never a part of motu history?
    It contradicts what classic means!

    That you wouldn't mind new superheroes in a classic line is your case but this thread is for people that don't like that idea very much.

    I also collect TMNT and they have a classics line. What do those collectors expect?
    Vintage figures and cartoon charachters made into new classics or a new scoobydoo villain that has no part in that lines history?

    How many brandmanagers of toylines you know by name? Me I know one and that's because he puts himself in the picture and became the line, rather than running it democraticly. Hundreds of charachters to choose from to make into classics but he felt the need to profile himself once more by making his childhood dream.
    The only one in the world that can call tms a classic is TG because he was the only one that knew him in the past.

    How something never seen before and brand new can be called classic I find mindboggglin.

    I'm gonna stop writing and play with my motuc voltron now

    If the line was called the new masters of the universe then we at least could expect totaly new figures when we started collecting.
    But the line was called classic so it should stay that way.
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  10. #210
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    How many brandmanagers of toylines you know by name? Me I know one and that's because he puts himself in the picture and became the line, rather than running it democraticly. Hundreds of charachters to choose from to make into classics but he felt the need to profile himself once more by making his childhood dream.
    The only one in the world that can call tms a classic is TG because he was the only one that knew him in the past.

    How something never seen before and brand new can be called classic I find mindboggglin.

    I'm gonna stop writing and play with my motuc voltron now

    If the line was called the new masters of the universe then we at least could expect totaly new figures when we started collecting.
    But the line was called classic so it should stay that way.
    Ohhhh i whole heartedly agree with the word 'classic' I've been arguing for that definition from the beginning. LONG before Specter. But back then they were called the 'Era wars'

    Sadly in the toy community 'classic' does not mean what you and I associate the word I like classic cars and classic songs... but Red lanterns and the like are NOT DC Classics....

    I DO disagree about the concept characters though... a roughly drawn sketch that was discarded 30 years ago, does NOT make it a MOTU figure or a Classic in any sense...

    As for Brand Mangers... your right, I don't know any others by name either. But that doesn't meant they don't make the same kind of decisions that TG does... WE just don't find out about them. SOMONE is deciding that we need 400 Optimuses and 300 Bumblebees...

    Remember, the Snake men were designed by the 80's Manager, and really.... with Skeletor and Hordak already running around, Who needed ANOTHER big Bad Faction?!?!

  11. #211
    Heroic Warrior X-Factorz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    122
    Yes please, burn it with fire! He has no business being forced into the main storyline. I don't mind the figure for what it is but he needs to go away!

  12. #212
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    I started collecting motuc because I sold my vintage and regretted it ever since. When I found out there was a classics line that had the goal to release every motu figure I was very happy. My first figure was orko and from then on I collected them all and also bought the figures I missed before orko.
    Maybe stupid but I thanked my grandmother in heaven because I saw it as a second chance to collect motu again. Also figures I dreamed of having when I was a kid like geldor became a possibility to have and have the ultimate motuline ever. Back on topic:

    Everyone that collects motuc has a reason for collecting this line. We dreamed as kids we'd have a line like motuc, we didn't dream about figures like tms. The only one in the world that dreamed about that figure was TG. And he had many dreams, tms in scoobydoo land, tms in marvelland and tms in motu world were a few of them.

    Over the years our great motuc collection was deminnashed to a one man show and the motuworld according to TG gets forcefed into our mouths. Bios, the release list, the 30th anni line screem out a one mans vision and a dictatorship.

    A cartoon that had a message at the end about what's right and wrong, that is motu! Maybe TG should watch those cartoons again because over the years he forgot what motu is about. He conquerd castle grayskull (mattel) and uses the power to gain power and be the ruler of the (motu)world.
    There is no going back from this, the bios and storylines are beeing invaded with tms like a virus that can't be stopped and it's only gonna get worse.

    Do you know what MOTUC and TMS stands for?
    Masters of Tg's Ultimate Collection and The1 Man Show

    I hope the one thing that history learned us wont be forgotten, dictatorship kills!
    I mostly agree with you. We have heard from TG recently that the Filmation cartoon (including the morals at the end of the story), were just made up versions of what really happened, told to entertain children. So even in the MOTU world, those morals were phoney baloney. The real story of MOTU was much darker and complicated. So sorry, TG can do whatever he likes because those morals are only for kids.

  13. #213
    Heroic Warrior Jeevesosiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, UK
    Posts
    1,562
    From my point of view I really quite like the character - my issue with some of the 30th anniversary guys is that I have no feelings either way about them - I have no nostalgia and no connection with the characters. Spector has in a short time become ingrained in MOTU for me and not because he has been added to the back of card backs a few times or appeared in a single pannel of a mini-comic, but because of the negativity and the huge amount of conversation amongst fans about both good and bad about the figure.

    I imagine Scott really gets a kick out of threads like this - he has helped create a character that isn't going to be forgotten because the people that hate it the most won't just let it go and keep bringing it up again and again in threads.
    The Lurkiest

    **Scott please make me a Staghorn**

  14. #214
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I mostly agree with you. We have heard from TG recently that the Filmation cartoon (including the morals at the end of the story), were just made up versions of what really happened, told to entertain children. So even in the MOTU world, those morals were phoney baloney. The real story of MOTU was much darker and complicated. So sorry, TG can do whatever he likes because those morals are only for kids.
    As I see it motu was also a dark cartoon where good and evil battled for the ultimate power. But you can have the power and use it wisely or you can try to conquer the power like skelly and use it for conquering the universe.
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  15. #215
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    448
    As soon as Scott is no longer brand manager, Spector will be the equivalent of Gwildor when reflected on in years to come.

    A joke.

  16. #216
    Heroic Warrior Mimikrakra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Posts
    367
    I love the character but not his purple suit
    I try him in a black suit, but I don't know if I will keep this colour scheme..


  17. #217
    Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Posts
    9,146
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    By the way....whet the hell is a Melmet?
    Isn't that where ALF is from?

    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

    "It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

    Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

  18. #218
    Heroic Warrior orkothewizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antwerp (Belgium)
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Ohhhh i whole heartedly agree with the word 'classic' I've been arguing for that definition from the beginning. LONG before Specter. But back then they were called the 'Era wars'

    Sadly in the toy community 'classic' does not mean what you and I associate the word I like classic cars and classic songs... but Red lanterns and the like are NOT DC Classics....

    I DO disagree about the concept characters though... a roughly drawn sketch that was discarded 30 years ago, does NOT make it a MOTU figure or a Classic in any sense...

    As for Brand Mangers... your right, I don't know any others by name either. But that doesn't meant they don't make the same kind of decisions that TG does... WE just don't find out about them. SOMONE is deciding that we need 400 Optimuses and 300 Bumblebees...

    Remember, the Snake men were designed by the 80's Manager, and really.... with Skeletor and Hordak already running around, Who needed ANOTHER big Bad Faction?!?!
    We always find out what a brandmanager decides, just look what that toyline brings out in toystores. If there are 400 optimus primes then you know what his decision was, he doesn't has to be known or in the pic to find this out.
    Fe bandai US's brandmanager made clearly some decisions for the line I found rediculous (the boycot outside the US, the classic line that changed scale after 2 figures). Conclusion I stopped buying those because I didn't like there decisions, I don't know who he was but the line is dead now and the sales where terrible.
    The brandmanagers from lego and playmates (tmnt) clearly make awesome decisions because I love what they bring out, I don't know who makes the decisions but what they decided I can see in toystores when I buy their product.
    Every product (not only toys) has a brandmanager and their jobs depends on sales. They make decisions for a product and if the buyers don't like it they don't buy.

    But motuc isn't a normal product and unique in many ways. Distributions, quality control, advanced payments, management, no deadlines and customer sevice are just a few of things that make motuc collecting an unique experiance.
    And because all figures are so awesome I still buy them regardless how bad some things are with these unique experiances.

    The 30th anni line only needed to have 3 figures if they wanted new figures: photog, a new contest winner figure and a 4HM figure.

    Did we need a replacement for gwildor? A so called classic figure that is the opposite of what classic means? IMO no
    NA killed the vintage line for me, but in classic form I now appreciate them. They are a part of the classic motu collection and a part of my collection now.
    But never will I accept tms beeing a part of my classic motu collection, that power we still have
    The sad part is he is writen in and is now a part of motu, nothing to do about that anymore.
    Tms is for me what vintage NA was for me; a line killer
    I have the real power!

    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

  19. #219
    Heroic Warrior he-man121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kennoway,Scotland
    Posts
    207
    I hated Spector when he first appeared and i hate him more now,the fact that TG has pushed his creation into the main story/bio should come as no surprise to anyone as he has a major influence on the line and some could say that we would all have done that.

    The following quote is from Poe Ghostal,sums it all up for me:
    So Johnny Spector just wanders off and ends up being thrown into a time portal into the future? Evidently he lived in the Filmation MOTUniverse, where that sort of thing happened every Tuesday.
    And as soon as he could travel through time, couldn’t he go back and prevent whatever scheme allowed Skeletor to banish King Randor? Why didn’t he? Is he just a douchenozzle? I don’t know, it just seems to me the Mighty Spector’s abilities arguably make him the "most powerful Master of the Universe of them all."

    You decide,but for me,personally i hate the figure it's all Marvel and doesn't fit the motu line.
    Last edited by he-man121; March 23, 2013 at 09:57am.

  20. #220
    the .09% stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alternia
    Posts
    1,881
    To end all this I will tell you all who TMS actually is.

    are you ready?

    Drumroll please.......



    BUT!!!!!

    After after a glitch in the space time continuum....



    IT'S THE SAME SHOTGUN!!!!
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

  21. #221
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,027
    Regarding TG's comments about Filmation: it's rather a silly notion, seeing as how the Filmation cartoon is really the main reason the brand became the multi-billion dollar franchise it did.

    Does anyone honestly think there would even be a MOTUC line had there not been a Filmation cartoon? You don't have to like Filmation, but one cannot dispute the importance of the cartoons.

    The brand manager discounting the cartoons in this way just says to me that he doesn't get the property in its entirety. He doesn't like Filmation - fine- that's totally fine - but a bulk of his customers do, and they grew up liking it. The very fact that he felt he had to make those comments betrays just how he feels about that part of the property's history.

    And that's after seeing the results of the yearly Org poll, which offered some pretty strong evidence that the majority like Filmation's contribution to the property.

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Wow... you guys take this Waaaay too seriously... always one upping each other to see who can be more toxic. Have fun.
    Every one of your posts insults someone for expressing an opinion.

    Why don't you contribute something to the discussion. Don't tell everyone that they are wrong: tell them WHY you disagree.

    You completely alienate yourself by sounding belligerent.
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 23, 2013 at 11:01am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  22. #222
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    As soon as Scott is no longer brand manager, Spector will be the equivalent of Gwildor when reflected on in years to come.

    A joke.
    Step off! Gwildor is awesome!!!!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

  23. #223
    the .09% stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alternia
    Posts
    1,881
    Jealous? Pfffttt....

    Maybe of Daniel Masque Benedick!
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

  24. #224
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    See now I am the opposite. I love these three. But I look at them as a Final Fantasy fan, so they have a Magus Sisters vibe about them that I really like. I just wish more was brought to the table in their execution. I posed each of them to have unique personalities, but they are great as a group. But at least they had original tooling, unlike certain characters to come. :-(

    But yeah...he has a ton of exposure...where's Draego-Man?
    That's how I see them too!

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  25. #225
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's how I see them too!
    I have a picture somewhere...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •