Thread: New Dinosaur sculpture in progress

Threaded View

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar

Various Dinosaur models

I've been a huge dinosaur geek for as long as I can remember. Something about fantastical animals that actually lived but are long gone is intriguing. So in my spare time I often find myself doing bits of paleoart, but it's been ages since I've had that sort of spare time. Now that things have calmed down a bit in my life I'm having a blast (digitally) sculpting dinosaurs again. Deinonychus has always been one of my very favorites. I was first introduced to this little speedy killer through Dino-Riders and then got to see them realized on the big screen in Jurassic Park (although improperly named Velociraptor for complicated reasons). When John Ostrom first described this animal in the 60s he noted how very similar it was to Archaeopteryx in nearly every detail except size and proportions. This lead to a revolution in our understanding of dinosaurs, and Deinonychus became a kind of poster-boy for active warm blooded dinos. Now they know these guys were far more birdlike than they imagined even 20 years ago. It was really fun sculpting him and I hope to have this physically prototyped soon.

Last edited by Battle_Brak; April 19, 2013 at 04:47am.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress