Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could change ONE character's real name and bio...

If you could change ONE character's real name and bio...

Who would it be and why?

The only one I absolutely hate is Hordak being called Hector.

If the Horde is similar to the Empire in Star Wars, I would assume the term "Hordak" is a title for a planetary governor or ruler, so there would be multiple Hordaks out there.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Most of the time, I don't read the bios. Other than the convoluted story, the 'real' names are even harder to take seriously. I don't think I need to voice my reasons as I would probably agree with almost anything said about them so far on the RGD.

I would abolish most real names in the first place.

But, if I have to choose one it would be BG Teela.
    She would either be Sharella or Teela'Na before she became the Sorceress.

That's like asking me which of the choices I've made, but regret, would I like to change?

Too many horrible ones to choose from
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I'd change Evil-Lyn's name to Lyn of the House of Zalesia.

I am not fond of the way her name sounds now. Its too Earthling.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

In all honesty, I think any character with a name that is impossible to pronunce (like Beastman's real name) should have a new name. Unless of course, it can be pronounced through a series of clicks.

If they didn't have an alternate name as an original toy, or on the cartoons...they don't need a real name......Beast Man is Beast Man...Mer-Man is Mer-Man....Tri-Klops, Man-E-Faces, Snout Spout, Trap Jaw...... weren't born with their afflictions...so they needed a real name...Skeletor is no longer Keldor..so he didn't need that, as it's not his real name anymore. but in his bio to refer to him as the artist formerly known as....is one thing.

But Beast Man is always refered to as Beast Man...so that is his name, why make names up if you can't even pronounce them, and that look rediculous spelled out.

Adam is Adam, and He-Man is Adam...
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Bio - Teela being a clone has to go for me.

Real name - Bow. Kyle? Really? That one still makes me laugh, and not in a good way.

I laugh like this instead of this at Bow's name real name being Kyle.

He-Ro's. I'd change his name back to Gray, and make him the true ancestor of He-Man.

The Goddess and Sharella would not be the same character.

Most of the real names I could do without.

I love it all. You guys just don't get it. (I'm teasing.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I really haven't had much to dislike in the bios overall, but I really have come to loathe the 'real names'. Pretty much all of them, actually.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Real Name: Hordak, Evil-Lyn and Bow have really terrible Earthling sounding names. I have trouble deciding on which name is the worst.

Bio: Orko's bio. He went from Jar Jar Binks to a Watcher. I wish they would have made him more competent, but not overly powerful, sort of like Akiro in the Conan movies. Just not a secret agent.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bio: Orko's bio. He went from Jar Jar Binks to a Watcher.
    I forgot about that. Yeah, as much as I hate Teela's bio, the Orko one is even worse.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I'm learning to ignore the bios completely. The only cannon that matters to me is the one in my own head.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

PRAY... PRAY... PRAY to the Heavens, the bios are ignored in any future MOTU media, including movies.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I don't like most of the "real names." And I really don't bother to pay them any attention because that's never who these characters were to me! The only ones I can think of that really disgusted me the most were Evil Lyn's and Hordak's name. And yes, lets pray that most of these names never show up in a movie situation.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i love having real names, but some of these names in the bios dont fit well or lack imagination.

Bio - Sorceress - She would not die in her bio. Mortally wounded, trains Teela, yada yada yada, and PSyCH! She recovers and keeps being the Sorceress with Sorceress jr Teela by her side.

Real Name - They really don't bother me at all. I only remember a few of them anyhow.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Ooohhh... TOUGH one.

If we're talking JUST the 'names'... I'd say Hektor... That was just a DUMB name. I truly prefer the days when it was Hordak and HIS horde...

But really... the one that bugs me the most.... KELDOR! I absolutley HATE that Skeletor was once mortal. Was always blue. And is he-man's Uncle.

Absolute rubbish.

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I'm biased to like Orko's bio since I mentioned in an article a while ago before his bio was released I saw him as a secret agent that was keeping watch over He-man, and was a bit more powerful than he let on. Kind of cool seeing a version of that it pop up in the actual bio.

Aaanyway...most of the bios I don't have a major problem with, trying to distill all the various iterations and versions together is a huge task, and I think more often than not it's working out pretty well. That doesn't mean it fits in with my own personal canon but it does work well with some nudging. The real names I ignore for he most part. Grizzlor's not gronkledonklebonkle or whatever to me, he's just Grizzlor.

I will have to agree I don't like the idea of Hordak's name not actually being Hordak. I envision him more as a unique entity without family, more a creation inorganically bred to be the supreme warrior that goes out across the multiverse to spread the Horde influence and conquer. A techno-mage of vast mystical and technological power with complete control over his own molecular structure.

I read the bios and names, but am largely unimpressed by them. They're just not very well-written. If the bios focussed more on capturing the exciting essence of the characters rather than merging and building continuity I think I'd be happier. And the 'real names' are often quite poor. Kyle Reccula sounds like a gynaecological probe.

I would say Wun-Dar. I love the figure and the name but I feel his bio was lacking. Such a mysterious figure deserves so much more(IMPO). I was expecting maybe a rouge cosmic enforcer or something explaining the black power sword and more about cosmic enforcers.

can't choose just one, but Hek-tor comes to mind first and the bios, Orko would be the first to go. but the real names I assume were given to 'rationalize' the characters, then the names became stupider and more jokey than the names they originally had.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I agree that putting "powers" in there was questionable. Morgan Lyn would have been fine, or Lyn Morgan even. But I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Bio - Teela being a clone has to go for me.

Real name - Bow. Kyle? Really? That one still makes me laugh, and not in a good way.

I laugh like this instead of this at Bow's name real name being Kyle.
    I hate Bow's name, but I can understand how it fits. I still think his real name should have been "Beau".

Teela being a clone doesnt bother me because I've always been a believer that Duncan and Teela'Na are her biological parents, so I always have to "Edit" her history in my head. But specifically I wished they hadnt called the magical process of duplicating the Sorceress "cloning" along with the sword of power. I dont know what to call it, but "magically duplicating" would have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Bio: Orko's bio. He went from Jar Jar Binks to a Watcher. I wish they would have made him more competent, but not overly powerful, sort of like Akiro in the Conan movies. Just not a secret agent.
    I love Orko's bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Question-Man View Post
    I would say Wun-Dar. I love the figure and the name but I feel his bio was lacking. Such a mysterious figure deserves so much more(IMPO). I was expecting maybe a rouge cosmic enforcer or something explaining the black power sword and more about cosmic enforcers.
    I like his bio excepting the inclusion to the Enforcers. I actually in my earliest memory of being made aware of 'The Wonder Bread He-Man' Seeing him with just the maroon axe. No black gun, no black Zodac Armour. Later yes, but originally, no.

SO to me that is how he should be. I would just ignore the armour but that awesome cool wonder bread call out on the back of his armour makes me want to have him wear it. Dangit Mattel, make even things I dont like cool.

But yeah, I like his just fine. Just wish that since his bio obviously makes him the Minicomic He-Man that they would have not done Ooo-Larr. But oh well, still he's great.
    Last edited by baronterror; December 10, 2011 at 03:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

I would also change the bio of BG Evil Lyn, I really hate that she becomes "depowered."

As for her being a mother, I see her much like Morgan
    Le Fay in Justice League. Stopping at nothing to see child claim what is his birth right.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"